Poll: Is modern WoW the same WoW you fell in love with?

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to start off by saying I disliked BC a lot. With that said, I started mid BC and my first toon was a blood elf rogue and just the awe in the starting zone was amazing. I still love the game but now I am less star struck by the zones. I guess I just have been playing for far too long.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not the same game i fell in love with at Vanilla but the game changed kinda the same with growing up. So i dont ''love'' it any less then back in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    My answer wasn't available on the poll.

The modern WoW is not the one I fell in love with but is still the one I love.

Really, I rather not have it be the same, it would be a stale relationship if all we were to do is, say hello and give a hug. We have to move forward, as did our little world that we now love, or hate.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Someone praising LFR while also (seemingly) making it sound like they prefer WoW when it was better? A rarity for sure. I do much prefer the old LFG though.

Not really, I'm part of the majority. The majority of players love LFR and think WoW was better 12 years ago. LFR is the only good thing the game has got going when comparing it to the old juicy game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Or, the answer is right there in the question. There are very few games, changed or otherwise, that evoke the same response 10+ years later as they do when new. Same goes for players: game changes, players change too. There are people who were 17 or 18 when they started that are now nearing 30.

I can guarantee you one thing: If the game hadn't changed over time, it would be dead now.
    How can you guarantee that? Is it your overwhelming bias guaranteeing it ? Or do you actually have some evidence to back that up

Not the same game, obviously.

I really want to return to the game's past experiences through official legacy realms. Having played them on private servers, I can say with 100% certainty that that is the version for me to play. Loved every part of it.

Wow, yet another "what made vanilla wow better than current" thread

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the same WoW that I fell in love with during Vanilla, or that improved during Burning Crusade. It's honestly better in most ways. PvP died forever ago, but the PvE is fantastic, things to do for all levels of raiders and non-raiders rather than 90% of the raid content being for super serious hardcore raiders only. (That design appealed to me as a teenager, but as an adult the idea of dedicating as much time to raiding as I did then is just ... gross.)

That said, I would still play on a Vanilla server to re-live the experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    How can you guarantee that? Is it your overwhelming bias guaranteeing it ? Or do you actually have some evidence to back that up
    That's fucking hilarious coming from someone who makes such great statements as:

"As for the people enjoying the game without complaining, those people don't know better. They just can't phantom something better because this is all they ever experienced."

10+ Year Old Account
    It still is. I've loved every iteration of WoW since Vanilla (although there are parts I am not too happy about).

No, which is good because I wouldn't want to play the game I started playing back in 2005 today.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    That's fucking hilarious coming from someone who makes such great statements as:

"As for the people enjoying the game without complaining, those people don't know better. They just can't phantom something better because this is all they ever experienced."
    Why should I try harder than you? If you don't present data, why will I? People become very aggressive once actual palpable data is actually presented, that's why I stopped showing it first

Deleted
    Why should I try harder than you? If you don't present data, why will I? People become very aggressive once actual palpable data is actually presented, that's why I stopped showing it first
    I don't care who's presenting data or not, just don't be a hypocrite. It makes you look like an asshole. If you're not willing to be the better person and provide your own data to support your own claims then what does that say about you?

I don't care who's presenting data or not, just don't be a hypocrite. It makes you look like an asshole. If you're not willing to be the better person and provide your own data to support your own claims then what does that say about you?
    https://www.polygon.com/2016/8/25/12...on-burned-fans

HERE'S YOUR BLOODY DATA, LEAVE ME ALONE

definitely not, it's a former shell of what it used be when i first started

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    yes and no.

many things have changed, both in the game and in my life, that makes it a different experience. but the core attraction, large scale oganized co-op play against strong computer opponents (raiding), is still there and there still isn't any game that does it better or does it in a universe i like as much.
    I picked no on the poll, but the above quote pretty much sums up how I feel.

Core is the same. Raiding, Dungeoning, and Questing for loot/gold is still the same. Push buttons to stab/slam/DoT/obliterate/etc the foes is the same.

But the game's changed drastically over time. It feels a lot more "corporate" than before, if that makes sense. Some of that is for the better (such as World Quests over Daily Quests), but some of that is definitely for the worse (not listening to/giving a fuck over legitimate feedback, Legiondaries are out of control, the general RNG feel of everything, etc). Oh and the "patches" that are the "biggest in the history of WoW" feels like nonsense hyperbole, similar to AAA companies dishing out miniscule DLC (usually from cut content) for a huge chunk of the cost of the game (usually $20 Day 1 DLC packs after buying a $60+ game). 7.2 sure felt like that.

Hell, even with all its faults, I still put Legion at my 3rd favorite expansion (under BC/LK which will likely always be top 2), slowly dipping into 4th (just under Cataclysm) due to 7.2's disastrous bullshit (biggest patch ever... nothing to do, the entire Legionfall questline was a series of mini-quests that I basically did all on day 1 but had to redo for weeks, etc). It's a great expansion but the devs attitude towards players as of late has been anything but good.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-06-14 at 04:19 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Unless you started today, there is no way you can claim that current wow is the same as any of it's past iterations. Well maybe if your look at it in a really shallow way.

Btw, it got better in many if not most areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Unless you started today, there is no way you can claim that current wow is the same as any of it's past iterations. Well maybe if your look at it in a really shallow way.

Btw, it got better in many if not most areas.

ahah, please tell us about and then show us that improvement

Deleted
    https://www.polygon.com/2016/8/25/12...on-burned-fans

HERE'S YOUR BLOODY DATA, LEAVE ME ALONE

Are you for real or are you just trolling at this point?

ahah, please tell us about and then show us that improvement
    I no longer have to babysit 39 retards, I only have to do that for 19.

Are you for real or are you just trolling at this point?
    Why would anyone do that?

I'm presenting facts. The dude writes opinions pieces based on facts...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I no longer have to babysit 39 retards, I only have to do that for 19.
    That's just rude