Thread: London fire.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    pretty crazy how it managed to burn so fast considering the fire service was there in like 6 mins.

I find it hard to believe it was an exploding refrigerator but no doubt they'll do the csi thing after its done smouldering and figure out what or if any accelerantswere used like petrol or whatever, could be just regular arson.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    pretty crazy how it managed to burn so fast considering the fire service was there in like 6 mins.

I find it hard to believe it was an exploding refrigerator but no doubt they'll do the csi thing after its done smouldering and figure out what or if any accelerantswere used like petrol or whatever, could be just regular arson.
    It was the cladding on the building that went up. There were warnings before http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/busin...019613.article
    Last edited by mmoc6b1f2f8dff; 2017-06-14 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    The advice given in these flats is contradictionary. Used to live in one. Essentially the advice is stay put and shut the doors and windows, as it gives you 30 minutes for rescue. Fire doors and what not should give you this bubble. (obviously common sense is needed). https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCQX9DZXsAA590E.jpg:large

Looks like the building had 8million of 'renovation' cladding put on it which was highly flammable. It was put there because the building was an eye sore and luxury flats build near by that sold for millions didn't want a horrible view. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7789951.html

There are also stories like this http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politic...ng-up-10622601 popping up.

Grim stuff.
    30 minutes was the old norm based on fully wooden structures, fire doors, and prior to a lot of synthetics being used. 8 minutes (average time for survival) has been the latest I've seen. I don't have a source, but, it was from my last time in firefighting school (~9 months ago). Not saying you can't keep the fire at bay for 30 minutes and hope for survival, but, I do not believe your odds would be great at that point.

There was a similarly bad fire recently in northern New Jersey, but, the residents were able to escape quickly and the death toll is much lower than what this will be. That building burned in almost no time and was found to be up to code with building fire protection.

Not trying to take away that in this case it was especially bad.
    and then he cupped my balls...

Deleted
    Even though the news are currently giving numbers like 6 or 12 for the casualties, it seems that the actual number is likely in the hundreds. There is supposed to have been about 600 people in the tower at the time. The fire was during the night, there was no fire alarm, and it doesn't seem like someone on upper floors noticed the fire in time to alert a lot of neighbors while there was still time to get people out. Moreover the residents were told to stay inside by the safety instructions. So very few people, if any, from upper floors got out while there was still time, and the firefighters never reached the top half of the tower, so it likely that a lot of people there did not survive. And looking at the conditions, it doesn't look like the firefighters had time for a comprehensive search of all the floors they did manage to get to, so there's likely missing casualties on floors below 12 as well.

10+ Year Old Account

The speed that fire can move is devastating. The fire in this video took just 3 minutes to completely engulf the room and it spreads exponentially.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2017-06-14 at 05:02 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Some people saying dont be political on the news. This is political

https://twitter.com/EL4JC/status/874931655148023809

Slum Landlords, working class people treated like the lives are worth less than nothing, profit before people, dangerous cladding put up so that it isn't an eye sore for luxury flats across the way to spoil thier views.

Disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty grim stuff, going to be a ton of kids involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    5 minutes after an electrical socket caused a fire to start under my bed, my entire room and the one next to it was engulfed in flames and everything on the other side of the house was already melting. Another 2-3 minutes and my entire house would have likely been up in flames. Shit spreads fast.
    There's a reason why the saying is called "spreading like wildfire"

If all the factors for a nice big fire are present, it's a recipe for disaster.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Are you legit telling me that right now in the UK, there are no mandated fire safety systems? I sort of doubt that is true...
    There are, but there is no requirement for rented properties to be maintained at an acceptable standard for human habitation (pretty sure that's the wording of the bill, but not got anything on it to hand), because that legislation was blocked. To the best of my knowledge the limits are lower, but not being a landlord, and not having had any issues whilst renting, I'm not an expert.

Deleted

People under estimate electric fires.

Now imagine that on a Refrigerator that has not been cleaned for years. With grease, hair, dirt, etc pilling up on the motor. That little flame will grow large before you can blink and easily spread.

Looks like it's becoming clearer by the day that Sadiq Khan's London has no clothes. Terror attacks, fires, stabbings on a daily basis - great place to live, yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Right, but not everyone is approved for a mortgage. You need to have adequate income and a down payment, and low DTI.
    You can get 0 money down mortgages through the FHA program or VA loan program

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Looks like it's becoming clearer by the day that Sadiq Khan's London has no clothes. Terror attacks, fires, stabbings on a daily basis - great place to live, yeah?
    lmao what is this. Whats this got to do with Sadiq, Londons cracking pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    You can get 0 money down mortgages through the FHA program or VA loan program
    Housing Crisis 2.0: Brought to you By Orlong.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    We didn't have no fires in London before the bloody muslamics came here

Infracted - Forbidden Topics
    ...I... I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Do you not know about the Great Fire of London that happened in the late 1600s? Because that was Muslims, right? /s

OT, It's unfortunate what happened, I think I heard on the radio about an hour ago roughly 12 people died from the fire and 45 people are in hospital. Was there a confirmed cause of it? I've been told it was from a fridge malfunction or something to that effect.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    You'd be lucky to get a fucking hut in a highly populated city for that price. You're in some fantasy world if you think that's possible.
    You move 30 miles outside the city and they are plentiful and you dont spend all your waking hours listening to car horns, sirens, chirping crosswalk signals, gunshots, screaming kids, and listening to drunks outside

Oh look, another person who has no idea what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    lmao what is this. Whats this got to do with Sadiq, Londons cracking pal.
    Just regurgitating The_Donald's hatred of Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    You move 30 miles outside the city and they are plentiful and you dont spend all your waking hours listening to car horns, sirens, chirping crosswalk signals, gunshots, screaming kids, and listening to drunks outside
    Have you seen the size of London?

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    ...I... I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Do you not know about the Great Fire of London that happened in the late 1600s? Because that was Muslims, right? /s
    It's sarcasm. Zelk is sound.
    Last edited by Shadowmelded; 2017-06-14 at 06:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard it was Khan himself who set the blaze. He was also in charge during the 7/7 attack and he was the home secretary in 2014 when they restricted police's stop and search powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not wish to be the person right now in whos appartement the fire started. The guilt will be immense, i do however have very little compassion for the building care takers and owners and i feel the correct response in their attempt to save money on security and maintenance to be almost completely stripped of their wealth to pay for material, physical and emotional suffering caused.