Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Alongside that massive list ive just done, here are some more.

No reforging (too complicated for ppl, let's remove it? -blizzard)

No gemming (finding a new piece of gear and gemming and and enchanting it it was so satisfying, why did they remove it??)

No enchanting (we still have enchanting, it's just nowhere near as good as it once was)

Class/ spec design sucks (rogues no longer feel like rogues, Shadow priests no longer feel like shadow priests etc)

No PvP vendors

No world PvP

No Horde v Alliance city raids

There's no huge PvP place like tol barad or wintergrasp.

World quests are just Daily quests.

No honor or conquest points.

No Valour points.

No justice points.

No exploration.

No RPG elements left in the game.

Leveling is absolutely pointless now.

The glyph system has been removed.

AP grind is a pointless waste of time.
    Lot of those are opinions lol. But ok then. Also gemming still exists. Your opinion on Enchanting is again an opinion.

The bolded points especially are opinion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Alongside that massive list ive just done, here are some more.

No reforging (too complicated for ppl, let's remove it? -blizzard)

No gemming (finding a new piece of gear and gemming and and enchanting it it was so satisfying, why did they remove it??)

No enchanting (we still have enchanting, it's just nowhere near as good as it once was)

Class/ spec design sucks (rogues no longer feel like rogues, Shadow priests no longer feel like shadow priests etc)

No PvP vendors

No world PvP

No Horde v Alliance city raids

There's no huge PvP place like tol barad or wintergrasp.

World quests are just Daily quests.

No honor or conquest points.

No Valour points.

No justice points.

No exploration.

No RPG elements left in the game.

Leveling is absolutely pointless now.

The glyph system has been removed.

AP grind is a pointless waste of time.
    It very much seems like you want Blizzard to keep all the features that they have ever made in the game and even if they dislike the feature, it should stay.

Many of the things, that you have mentioned were all features which were far from perfect and Blizzard tried to make something better. Sure, they might not have made improvements in some areas, but atleast they are trying instead of just keeping systems, which either they or the community dislike.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Apparently im the only person in game that missed the memo that you no longer require a pick to mine, a skinning knife to skin etc etc I guess I can get rid of them on all my chars.

On subject though, I think a lot of these really were quality of life changes. I played rogue briefly in Vanilla and having to be a herbalist to get mats for blind was expensive and irritating. Sure you can argue you could buy it from AH but that stuff was expensive.
    Also while were on the subject my main back then was a Warlock and having to have every single slot full of soulshards wasnt fun. I used to spend 25 minutes before a raid just running around killing mobs for Soulshards. Failure to have my whole bags full was not an option otherwise you were basically useless (Can everyone in the whole raid have a healthstone please? Sure... I'll summon a soulwell... oh wait no they arent invented for another expansion nevermind! I will make 40 healthstones).
    Also while I 100% miss the old talent tree and loathe the new one I do understand that there was cookie cutter specs back then too. As someone else mentioned SM/Ruin was basically the only spec viable for a warlock in pve in vanilla.

So its easy to look at stuff through rose tinted goggles about these kind of things.

On the other hand there is quite a few changes I still dont like, I rerolled shaman in BC and stayed with shaman for a great many years. I really hated the fact that they took shamans totems away. They do very little nowadays where as back in the day they were a very important part of your rotation. I think things like this removed class identity. I also dislike the fact that special things from classes ended up on lots of other classes (Bloodlust for example) meaning classes no longer had any real utility that was sort after.
    Sure there is still some abilities that have never been changed but in general I feel like the game is becoming more generalised every expansion. I rerolled to Druid in Pandaria after having played Shaman BC-Cata, it was a nice change. Then Legion came out and they removed 40% of our abilities. I still miss a great deal of them.
    So I guess im part of the BC/Wrath was the best era of WoW. Certainly for me anyway. I think Pandaria was really good too and even enjoy Legion to a certain extent (If we ignore the 11 weeks of time gating) But I worry that WoW is getting to the point where it cant be simplified anymore without it becoming a glorified console game where 4 abilities is a massive amount of buttons to press.

Also I feel the community is becoming more and more like LoLs and CoD everyday. Which is sad, not that I am saying everyone was nice in Vanilla but there were repercussions for being a jerk in Vanilla wow. I remember one such time back in Vanilla WoW I played on Twilights Hammer EU back then, there was a massive commotion because their was a ninja and everyone on the server knew who he was in a matter of days. I think he must have quit because after a couple of weeks he just wasnt around anymore.
    Nowadays? Ninjas are practically praised.

Altogether I think Vanilla WoW is like how a certain Russian leader put it “Whoever does not miss the Soviet Union has no heart. Whoever wants it back has no brain.”
    I dont think Vanilla wow could manage with nowadays community. People have no patience and wiping on 1 boss for 4 months just wouldnt work nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    It very much seems like you want Blizzard to keep all the features that they have ever made in the game and even if they dislike the feature, it should stay.

Many of the things, that you have mentioned were all features which were far from perfect and Blizzard tried to make something better. Sure, they might not have made improvements in some areas, but atleast they are trying instead of just keeping systems, which either they or the community dislike.
    Dude this is someone defending Plainsrunning without giving an actual reason why other than "it should have stayed because I say so".

Plainsrunning was massively flawed. And it's not even my facts. It's the facts of the systems around it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Dude this is someone defending Plainsrunning without giving an actual reason why other than "it should have stayed because I say so".

Plainsrunning was massively flawed. And it's not even my facts. It's the facts of the systems around it.
    Was Plainsrunning not just like Running Wild, but just for taurens? Running Wild is working pretty well for Worgens
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Was Plainsrunning not just like Running Wild, but just for taurens? Running Wild is working pretty well for Worgens
    It sort of was but instead of a cast like a mount it ramped up over 10 seconds and if you got hit would dissipate.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Plainsrunning

I'd say it inspired RW but that link has the info.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-15 at 01:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    The best about classic was the fact the game was new. Beside that, classic isnt better than the current incarnation of the game.
    Sir, you hit the spot. We all remember Vanilla differently because we were new to the game or the MMO genre in general.
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it was removed before the game even came out, so now you are saying the vanilla dev team were the best, but the vanilla dev team were also fucking idiots?

look, you would maybe have an argument if it was in the game then removed a few expansions later then you could say "wtf they removed this, bullshit"
    but no it wasent even in launch so stop, you are making complete idiotic points like "wow blizz, removing plainswalking, i loved it, shouldent have been removed, the new devs are ruining the game"
    First time I've ever seen someone try and defend that stupid plainsrunning mechanic. I mean what the fuck? Then he goes on to ramble about torches and other things in alpha/betas. It is as you said he complaints about things removed in the later expansions but then bitches about things that never released in the first place? The fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    First time I've ever seen someone try and defend that stupid plainsrunning mechanic. I mean what the fuck? Then he goes on to ramble about torches and other things in alpha/betas. It is as you said he complaints about things removed in the later expansions but then bitches about things that never released in the first place? The fuck.
    I just find it amusing how someone thinks a mechanic that would mechanically debilitate one race compared to the others was a good thing for the game for no actual reason.

Deleted
    The key thing about Vanilla was "roleplay" and "exclusivity".

Everything was mystified by exclusivity (no LFR, no transmog) and everything was made for the sake of roleplay like the Hunter Epic Quests and Warlock's hidden quests to unlock Doomguard and Infernal.

Everything was mystified.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

Everything was mystified by exclusivity (no LFR, no transmog) and everything was made for the sake of roleplay like the Hunter Epic Quests and Warlock's hidden quests to unlock Doomguard and Infernal.

Yeah totally mystified with Youtube.

Answer me this. If the game had kept to a 40 man exclusive model where only a few people were seeing the raids do you think that would have been sustainable today? Especially when more casual friendly MMOs are coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefistophelis View Post
    Sir, you hit the spot. We all remember Vanilla differently because we were new to the game or the MMO genre in general.
    Well not everyone was new to MMOs. There was Everquest, Ultima Online, MUDS and a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head before WoW was a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I just find it amusing how someone thinks a mechanic that would mechanically debilitate one race compared to the others was a good thing for the game for no actual reason.
    Umm the reason was...because he said so? Oh and because Vanilla 4 life!?

I really have no idea why he'd want to defend such a bad mechanic as plainsrunning. But then again this is someone that also misses torches that never made it to the live game.

Also, stop rampaging the Algo System, Dark Force. Geez.

Well not everyone was new to MMOs. There was Everquest, Ultima Online, MUDS and a few other things I can't remember off the top of my head before WoW was a thing.
    Started with PSO here. Fucking hell I'd never want to go back to that. Especially on Dreamcast with Dial Up internet.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Umm the reason was...because he said so? Oh and because Vanilla 4 life!?

I really have no idea why he'd want to defend such a bad mechanic as plainsrunning. But then again this is someone that also misses torches that never made it to the live game.

Also, stop rampaging the Algo System, Dark Force. Geez.
    MMO's were seen as only for the hardest of the hardcore, dying was a massive loss, wow changed that, so ALOT of people who had never played mmos
    and even then the other mmos you mention were very different from wow in alot of its systems
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

Do you think it would have stayed 'mystified' if things didn't change? Come on now, the speed at which information spreads is crazy fast now. Things wouldn't stay hidden 5 fucking minutes before the complete solution how to find anything hidden was up on Youtube.

BTW, you DO realize there was some very complex hidden easter eggs and puzzles put into Legion that took people a long time to figure out, yes?

Do you think it would have stayed 'mystified' if things didn't change? Come on now, the speed at which information spreads is crazy fast now. Things wouldn't stay hidden 5 fucking minutes before the complete solution how to find anything hidden was up on Youtube.

BTW, you DO realize there was some very complex hidden easter eggs and puzzles put into Legion that took people a long time to figure out, yes?
    This. Kosmouth and Riddlers Mind Worm spring immediately to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    MMO's were seen as only for the hardest of the hardcore, dying was a massive loss, wow changed that, so ALOT of people who had never played mmos
    and even then the other mmos you mention were very different from wow in alot of its systems
    Oh without a doubt, EQ was one of the most punishing games I've ever played because of the loss of time in exp loss for dying a single time. I mean people think Vanilla grinding was difficult or took a long time, that shit makes me laugh so hard when you'd compare it to EQ.

But yes, WoW was really the first MMO to really change how the genre was defined and what type of difficulty to expect. People that had never played MMOs before and went through Vanilla WoW have a much different outlook on the challenge of the game/systems back then than I would and that is totally fine too.

- - - Updated - - -

This. Kosmouth and Riddlers Mind Worm spring immediately to mind.
    Yup, but Shadowpunkz wouldn't likely know that because I doubt they ever played Legion but sure are quick to chirp about 'exclusivity' and 'mystified' and other buzzwords.

Oh Nightbane in Kara too sort of. Took people a while to figure that the crystals were what made it spawn.

7+ Year Old Account
    It sort of was but instead of a cast like a mount it ramped up over 10 seconds and if you got hit would dissipate.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Plainsrunning

I'd say it inspired RW but that link has the info.
    Yeah, seems like the worst form of Dazed as you can get xD

Oh without a doubt, EQ was one of the most punishing games I've ever played because of the loss of time in exp loss for dying a single time. I mean people think Vanilla grinding was difficult or took a long time, that shit makes me laugh so hard when you'd compare it to EQ.

But yes, WoW was really the first MMO to really change how the genre was defined and what type of difficulty to expect. People that had never played MMOs before and went through Vanilla WoW have a much different outlook on the challenge of the game/systems back then than I would and that is totally fine too.
    I chuckle when vanilla lovers want to return to the glory "hardcore" days, but vanilla WoW was the most casual and noob friendly out of all the MMOs when it launched.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals