Thread: [Music] Metal

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Because
    1) this thread is older than 2012, hence it couldn't have been included at the time
    2) Rammstein (and, to a lesser extent I suppose, Laibach) already is a thing.

This is a shitty third rate clone.
    It'd be hard for them to be a clone considering Megaherz (their original band) put out their first album the same year Rammstein put out Herzeleid.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Truhan View Post
    It'd be hard for them to be a clone considering Megaherz (their original band) put out their first album the same year Rammstein put out Herzeleid.
    You realise Rammstein already stole their sound, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    You realise Rammstein already stole their sound, right?
    Yes, and that's fine. I've heard Laibach too.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

10+ Year Old Account
    New EP is up. Two versions of Graue Hölle (one black metal in German, one old Aeternus-style death metal in English) and a Killing Joke cover.

https://digitalserotonin.bandcamp.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    By the way, the lyrics to the german version on bandcamp are a lot different from the ones you showed me.

edit: I'd prefer it if the vocals were bit higher in the mix, I think the guitars overpower everything else a bit. I still wish you guys had an actual drummer or at least a kit that makes it a bit less obvious that you're programming the drums. I definitely hear what you mean by early Aeternus-style, you captured that vibe pretty well.
    Yea, realised later that the version I posted was an earlier draft. Bandcamp has the correct version.

And we could sit around waiting for a drummer to show up that can play this shit, or just move on. We had one and he moved to Italy, so whatever. If someone shows up that can play it, great. If not, so be it. Personally, I'd rather have a guitar player or bass player, as that'd help the live setting more.

Anyone excited for the new Wintersun btw? They lost so much momentum after that first incredible album.... i didn't care about Time at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay... Now I'm not sure anymore :P

One of the two is draft, one of the two is updated version based on feedback. I forgets :P

Deleted
    I'm a bit late again, but I've seen SepticFlesh perform live and they were fucking amazing. They mostly played The Great Mass and some Communion tracks. But it was that performance that made me check them out. Titan sucked though.

Also a few new MDM albums out.

Been following Lost Dreams since ~2009/2010 and I really like this track. Not the best album, but I did enjoy it.

Voices of Decay's new album is so far one of my favourites this year. They decided to call it quits after ~20 years and 3 full albums which I all really liked Ended with an amazing album though.

I really love this track. It's all Spanish though.

MDM/Thrash metal band. I own their entire discography when this album arrives in the mail

Heavy as fuck band. Melodic Death/Black metal.

Hades Rising and Witheria (Their oldest albums) might be more suitable for you guys who are more into the extreme metal.
    Last edited by mmoce27e1d5bc4; 2017-06-08 at 12:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most interesting black metal release so far this year

Ulver's Perdition City worship in black metal form.

10+ Year Old Account

Might be Elder's best. Phenomenal stoner.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the best metal albums of the last decade and of all time. It's one of those rare occurrences in metal where songwriting is truly sublime.

That fucking outro still gives me goosebumps.

10+ Year Old Account

not sure if i did that right but anyways the 4th track of that album is a must play every summer for me.

edit: nope.. you figure it out!
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys I've started kind of listening to hard metal, and the only bad I even remotely like so far is Amon Amarth. Only problem I'm having is that the lyrics could have been written by any 5-year old, it's not exactly deep stuff. Anyone know other bands that sound similar to AA?

10+ Year Old Account

---

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Guys I've started kind of listening to hard metal, and the only bad I even remotely like so far is Amon Amarth. Only problem I'm having is that the lyrics could have been written by any 5-year old, it's not exactly deep stuff. Anyone know other bands that sound similar to AA?
    Way too many unfortunately. But none that I can think of that have remotely intelligent lyrics.

10+ Year Old Account
    New Septicflesh on the 1st of September. Sounds like Krimh is doing a great job on the drums.

edit: I think this sounds pretty good. I hope the rest of the album is going to be just as intense.
    It's not bad, and the riffs kinda remind me of Celtic Frost. I wish they would play it less safe though and return to the creative genius of the first albums as far as extreme metal goes. Their latest couple albums start to sound like rehashes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most bands get a bit too comfortable with their own sound at some point. I listened to Mystic Places of Dawn and Ophidian Wheel recently and I'm not hearing any of the genius you're talking about though.
    That's because

a: you didn't really listen to them
    b: you hate 90's death metal (I know, this sounds like an insane reason)
    c: all of the above

Also consider that Mystic Places was released the same year as De Mysteriis. It was extremely ambitious and years ahead of its time. Gothenborg metal didn't even really exist.

I don't know, I find it impossible not to love them. The guitars have that warm feel to them, the melodies are top notch, the riffs have Mercyful Fate written all over them, and the atmosphere is incredible.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-06-15 at 04:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    One of the best metal albums of the last decade and of all time. It's one of those rare occurrences in metal where songwriting is truly sublime.

That fucking outro still gives me goosebumps.

I have to give this album a shot. Never really listened to Moonsorrow though.

New Duskmourn is out. Gives me the oldschool melo-death sound. Going to listen to the full album tomorrow but I already know I'm going to be in for a good ride!

Igorrr's new album is wonderfully ridiculous