Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    2017 and people still think the game will fix itself because the lead PvP dev has changed.

Yeah, good luck with that. One developer has no power over the general direction of the game.

just waiting on celestalon now.

tell me my spec is overpowered, then it gets nothing but buffs the entire expansion, and it's still unwanted and underpowered? yeh you'll see nothing but fuck off's from me.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    1 word, ashran
    Some people liked ashran, and some people liked every other popular gripe that "everyone" apparently hated.
    You didn't like it.
    Thats the difference.

There has never been this "everyone", just a repetition of what others say to try and legitimise a weak argument.
    A good argument does not need other people agreeing to justify it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post
    2017 and people still think the game will fix itself because the lead PvP dev has changed.

Yeah, good luck with that. One developer has no power over the general direction of the game.
    No, they don't "think" that.
    They just want to deflect blame away from the real problem, that they can't accept that the game is anything but solely their personal whims.

What I do is just accept that I am not some special player, and therefore will have to accept that I am not going to get everything I want.
    A lot of things I don't like, but that isn't the first game, nor will it be the last to do that for me.
    I simply shrug my shoulders and decide if the game is for me or not.
    And if it isn't, I walk away instead of throwing a tantrum or going on a witch hunt.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-16 at 12:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Some people liked ashran, and some people liked every other popular gripe that "everyone" apparently hated.
    You didn't like it.
    Thats the difference.

There has never been this "everyone", just a repetition of what others say to try and legitimise a weak argument.
    A good argument does not need other people agreeing to justify it.
    Ashran and WoD in general were universally agreed they were below blizzards standards. Blizz have even said they weren't happy with how WoD went so not point arguing it

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Ghostcrawler has taken responsibility for homogenizing classes. Undoing his work has taken years.

Ghostcrawler has also taken responsibility for LFR (a widely hated bastardization of raiding).

You guys really believe that "Lead" Game Designer means nothing, and they don't have ANY control over design direction?

A little common sense should tell you that CAN'T be true.

Lets assume for a second that Blizzard devs function as a think tank, and anyone regardless of where they are on the totem pole can propose and work on development ideas. That means then that role of "lead" is simply to either veto, or green light projects. In any case letting bad ideas through is just as bad if not worse than coming up with them on your own.

In any case GC has admitted that homogenizing class and LFR were his brainchild(ren).

My only complaint with Kaplan is/was that under his stewardship only 5% of players were seeing endgame. The design direction shift to get more players, playing relevant content is a far better solution.
    Homegnization of classes is a good thing to some degree. If you blame Ghostcrawler for it, you also have to attribute it to him as well. Keep in mind, without that change, we would still be at a "bring the class, not the player" mentality. His design as not perfect, but it paved the way for anyone to be able to be in any fight, regardless of class or spec. The years to fix is more of a years to fine tune, basically keeping the homogenization of "bring the player, not the class" while giving specs identity again.
    While many, including myself, look down on LFR, it has done wonders for the game in many ways, particularly to the casual playerbase and let's them also see content they used to not have access to. As with my last statement, it has taken time to fine tune the system, and while not there yet, it still has a good separation of rewards to accessibility between difficulties.
    I am not praising or "singing to the rafters" in honor of Ghostcrawler, but I am not blind to how the things he's done have helped keep the game going and evolving and feel those need to be addressed as well as what people blame him for.
    Not sure about your comments about Kaplan as people were seeing endgame content thru LFR and the "blame" you and others put on him for the creation of it. Kaplan and Ion are more spearheads of Legion/WoD/MoP, with Legion being the biggest "you think you do but you don't" ever, as the xpac was literally made with giving players many things they have asked for.

WoW PvP was shit before Holinka and it will be shit after Holinka.

Inb4 you people hate the moron who decides to take his place even more.

Ashran and WoD in general were universally agreed they were below blizzards standards. Blizz have even said they weren't happy with how WoD went so not point arguing it
    "universally agreed"
    That is exactly the same as the "everyone" argument I just described.
    "no point arguing".
    Presenting a general statement that "someone else" says.

Proving my point.
    You arent presenting reasons, just using supporting voices.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post

Very true.
    What will the "reason" be next.
    The next developer is also a failure.
    The legacy of the last one.

Or maybe the same things your horoscope blames your bad luck on, the moon or some other celestial body being in the wrong sector.
    Why not blame the price of gold in bolivia while we are at it.
    That might be a new one.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-06-16 at 12:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Thanks for the generic definition. A basic google search disagrees with you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_design

Not sure why he would take ownership of something he wasn't actually responsible for? I can pull that shit up if you like... I love destroying idyllic deified images of GC.
    You forgot MAKES LARGE DESIGN DECISIONS, seems a little important to me...not very, just a little. But yeah, its absolutely crazy to think that "just one dev" has huge impact on certain aspect of the game. Its almost a conspiracy thinking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz View Post

nobody expects PvP lead designer to change "the general direction of the game"...dont use off-topic arguments that only suit you. Its like arguing that sun isnt yellow because its raining. Also use google to find out what lead game designer is actually doing. Educate yourself, make this world a better place.

- - - Updated - - -

Its a high stress job due to the public profile, its why they get paid over 6 figures a year. I feel worst for cleaners wiping up your shit on $12 an hour
    yep, the 6 digit salary is a reality, I can only agree here, he decided to do this job, why should I feel sorry for him? He was well compensated for any inconvenience.

Deleted
    He went to riot and helped make LoL the most popular online game. So thanks for that

- - - Updated - - -

Whats your point? Everyone in the public eye gets trolls
    lol was already way way popular before he came, he didnt make it popular...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post

at least it was less shit before holinka came in

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I'm sure pvp will suddenly become amazing.
    Remember when Ghostcrawler left, and the gam- wait.
    Oh! Remember when Kaplan left, and the gam- wait.

1 guy doesn't have nearly as much effect on PvP as you think he does.
    As much as i want to agree, just look at all the pvp changes that have taken place since he joined. The last time pvp was decent was early mop, guess what? That's right before Holinka took over. The lead pvp designer obviously has more pull than anyone else in the department and it showed. He didnt do anything right, not a single change made to pvp was for the better.

Bring back Ghostcrawler!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because hundreds of thousands of people telling you everything you do is a failure, that you should kill yourself, that your family raised a failure, that you are worthless, aswell as the rare few death threats to you or your family

sure i mean that sounds legit
    Holy shit the exaggeration of the century o.O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I don't see any rank 1 players complaining I wonder why?
    Rank 1 players simpy don't play underperforming classes. That's the reason they are rank 1 in the first place.
    Also they stick with classes that have 3 dps specs (mage,rogue,war?). There's a high probability that one of them will be decent.

The people who complain are the ones who are playing their beloved spec and it is crap.
    Last edited by mmocc591236c74; 2017-06-16 at 06:37 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Holy shit the exaggeration of the century o.O
    no, it really is not
    5 years x 365 days 1825
    so about 100 a day through twitter, email, mail, these forums, wow forums, wowhead, icy veins, etc
    it really is not that much
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Nothing will change though.

PvP will continue being a side activity in WoW, it will continue being balanced around arenas, and people will continue asking for MOBA-like experience.

no, it really is not
    5 years x 365 days 1825
    so about 100 a day through twitter, email, mail, these forums, wow forums, wowhead, icy veins, etc
    it really is not that much
    Does a foreigner with English as his secondary language need to explain the difference between "a hundred thousand" and "hundreds of thousands" to you?

Also yes, a hundred per day is still insanely over exaggerated. But hey, you could link 20 from today just for shits and giggles. I won't hold my breath tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karon View Post
    Does a foreigner with English as his secondary language need to explain the difference between "a hundred thousand" and "hundreds of thousands" to you?

Also yes, a hundred per day is still insanely over exaggerated. But hey, you could link 20 from today just for shits and giggles. I won't hold my breath tho.
    20?
    there is 20 in this thread alone
    then go look at the 3 other threads here
    and the like 12 on the official forums
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

20?
    there is 20 in this thread alone
    then go look at the 3 other threads here
    and the like 12 on the official forums
    Not even close to 20 in this thread. If "im happy he left" and the different variations of it counts for you then I feel sorry for you.

I wouldn't expect anything different from sjw FelPlague.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a high stress job due to the public profile, its why they get paid over 6 figures a year. I feel worst for cleaners wiping up your shit on $12 an hour
    Chilton was game director, rarely said anything in public outside of convention & magazine interviews, practically never tweeted, and didn't take anything like the crap that the public faces of Wow have and still do. It's a lesson worth learning for both sides. A public profile isn't really required and arguably does more harm than good.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    If he wasn't such a clueless stubborn moron denying obvious problems and talking about nonsense nobody cares for in all the Q&A's he's been in maybe he'd not get as much hate.

It's why Ghostcrawler is remembered somewhat fondly. Yeah, the man was a douche-nozzle and an objectively bad dev, but at least he wasn't arrogant to a fault and -tried- to communicate his thoughts to people. As opposed to just plain saying 'no you're wrong shut up'. Is him being an arrogant ass community's fault? I don't think so.

I do hope things change for the better, though. I've recently begun playing Overwatch and that game proved Blizz can make a fun experience where tanks, healers and DPS all work without being god-mode or one-shotting each other in 10 year stuns.

Also, most LoL players hate ghostcrawler's changes. At least, the half-dozen or so that I was in touch with over the past few years.
    I think the word you're looking for is subjectively. If he was objectively bad, he wouldn't have been hired to be the lead designer for what is BY FAR the biggest game in the industry.

Holinka is objectively bad. Rated pvp participation went from 400k players in the last season of MoP, to 90k avg during WoD. Right now there's less than 50k...
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-06-16 at 07:57 AM.