Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    Enhancement shaman is now a viable spec with its own mechanics and not a dogshit talent tree unlike Vanilla.

Trumps all your arguments.
    Somebody didn't 2H windfury.

Dogshit talents or not... I fucking melted faces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch!
    First off this is not a "comprehensive" list, its an "exhaustive" list.

Second, more than half your pointing are just you complaining about change, and have little or nothing to do with role playing at all.

0/10

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Oh how enjoyable was it to be a hunter and have to craft the best ammunition. Kappa

I remember having like some thousand crafted of the best ones, and then have some shit ones just in case my good ones are over. So I could do any damage at all.
    And the worst part of it all was the act that one of the very precious bag slots was taken up with an ammo bag, talk about having to vendor a lot of stuff to make sure one had room.. The other bad thing about hunters back then was the minimum range, if you were in a fight where you had to stack close to the boss you were pretty much screwed, since you could not use your main weapon due to the minimum distance bollocks.

On other things if the game had not gone forward and stayed the same as it was in vanilla, would people still be playing it? Another thing people bitch, whine, moan and carry on like pork chops about how much they hate grinding and yet vanilla was one very long pain in the ass grind..

All in all of the OP all of it is just one long ass list of nostalgia nothing more..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-06-16 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    When hard raid mode was first introduced (in Ulduar), it was done via in-game action, ie: you had to do trigger specific things during an encounter. Now it's via a click on a menu. (this kind of gameplay removal -World of MenuCraft-)
    There's only so many ways you can do that. They decided, rightfully so, that it should be removed before it got repetitive. They even had a literal button you had to press for one of the bosses because they ran out of ideas.

Most of the other things you whine about were removed because they were annoying to deal with

But was CONTENT, you know? something this game sadly lacks, these chores and things got you out into the world doing things, you were not just sat on your arse all day clicking menus the world felt alive and like an mmo should, full of players and life.
    content? i started in tbc and all i remeber was, take reagents, click the poison window, start to craft, go afk to doing things, sometimes return to see if the crafting ended.
    at least in a rpg you can tell "i pick reagent travelling around, i start to craft", roll the dices and watch the result, 30 sec and you finish your grind for mounths. in a MMO this cant happens, crafting isnt translated so good from a real RPG to a MMORPG, it ends to be only a time gating...

Just so you know he spammed this twice in the "What made classic WoW better than current" thread. Exact same reasons too. It's literally a copy paste. Page 190 of that thread has the first one of it.

Seriously how is this not spam at this point? Moderators? It's an exact near duplicate post of what is in another thread. Twice.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...urrent/page190

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...urrent/page193

Literally the top post on 190 word for word is close to the same thing. If you go through the next 4 pages the rest of it is there. This isn't a witch hunt. Just pointing out spam where it exists.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-16 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    funny how you call AP pointless grind in the same list where you praise frost res gear for sapphiron vanilla, the most time consuming gating in wow history.
    ironic.
    yeah but you know what... that was worth the grind. You did it for your guild. You were working extensively to get it done. You felt more pride in killing the bosses with that gear. I am not saying that AP isn't worth the grind. It is greatly so. But it does not add any feeling to: omg we defeated this boss.. because I took care to get an extra concordance level!!!!

But I guess you won't see it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    That's just silly. They can make a class viable without removing all the RPG elements from the game.

Silly or intentionally thick
    2H enhance with Hand of Rag. Best Spec/combo in existance lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    to be honest, i do not know if its still a MMO at this point
    Still is. You don't get to decide the genre of a game because you don't like it anymore.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-16 at 03:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Still is. You don't get to decide the genre of a game because you don't like it anymore.
    i was just expresing my opinion. what is wrong with that? Did i say they need to change the genre of the game?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    snip
    I could go through your convoluted, and at times incorrect list, and point out the features that were removed cause they were shit and the features that are still in game yet you included them anyway; but I won't do that. all I will do is highlight your last feature that you mentioned "AP grind is a pointless waste of time." and point out that basically ALL of the things you mentioned were largely removed as they were ALL pointless wastes of time.

you like Vanilla, we get it. don't know if you still play or not; but this site shouldn't be a fucking soapbox for you to get up and have a whinge. if you don't like WoW, that's fine. Close your mmo champ account and go for a wander outside, do something other than talk shit about a game you no longer play.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    i was just expresing my opinion. what is wrong with that? Did i say they need to change the genre of the game?
    Nothing. I'm just stating the facts.

Genre doesn't change because you hate the game. I hate Wildstar and Rift for some of the changes they made. They are still MMORPGS.

99% of them were tedious bullshit, like this thread.

Also this post.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    But was CONTENT, you know? something this game sadly lacks, these chores and things got you out into the world doing things, you were not just sat on your arse all day clicking menus the world felt alive and like an mmo should, full of players and life.
    world quests dude, world quests literally have people out in the world doing shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    yeah but you know what... that was worth the grind. You did it for your guild. You were working extensively to get it done. You felt more pride in killing the bosses with that gear. I am not saying that AP isn't worth the grind. It is greatly so. But it does not add any feeling to: omg we defeated this boss.. because I took care to get an extra concordance level!!!!

But I guess you won't see it that way.
    yep, you are right, i dont see in that way.
    you needed to farm for what? 1-2 mounths? with the risk of some tank stealing and drama for who go to kill sapphiron.
    or you need to buy it in AH with all the repair/consumable costs.
    i wouldnt feel pride, only be lucky that finally we were allowed to try that damned boss

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    your comprehensive list has a lot of things that are still in game:

Shamans could use two handed weapons. They still can

Druids turned into tree form to heal. They still do, but not all self heals require it

Each classes has unique quests to unlock specific stuff: mounts for warlocks and paladins, postures for warriors, druid's forms, poisons and Certificate of Thievery for rogues etc. um class mounts, class halls, class campaigns

You need to travel to dungeons and battleground. Now you don't even need to know where they are. not if you do mythic or mythic+

Lots of group quests so you have to, well, make group while leveling. world quests

Some crafting recipes (Sulfuron Hammer, engineer Jeeves/Chopper, some food...) required lots of work and mats. Now it's just a couple, rarely 3, max. pretty sure most crafting recipes need a fuckton more than 3 mats

Alchemists and jewelcrafters needed alchemy labs to make some of the best flasks and reagents. still do, ones in Dalaran

Skinners could skin either normal leathers or scales (used for mail armor). Now only normal leather exist. Stormscale says hello

Blacksmiths and engineers could craft Skeleton keys and small bombs that you could buy to open lockboxes or doors. still can, just not for current stuff

Only enchanters could, well, disenchant items. ah yep this is still a thing

No more gemming (finding a new piece of gear and gemming and and enchanting it it was so satisfying, why did they remove it??) gems are totally still a thing

No more enchanting (we still have enchanting, it's just nowhere near as good as it once was) yeah that doesnt mean it got removed

No more world PvP world PvP quests say hello

World quests are just Daily quests. yes, yes they are

No exploration. we were restricted to ground mounts for the first year-ish of the expansion so that we could explore

Leveling is just a stroll and takes a matter of hours to get max level, its literally trivial at this point. Levelling should be trivial, max level shit is where you get the good stuff

AP grind is a pointless waste of time. um no it isn't as it gets your weapon stronger

anything I removed from your original list were either shitty features that needed to be removed, shitty features that needed to be modified or shitty features that were just plain fuckin shitty
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2017-06-16 at 04:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nothing. I'm just stating the facts.

Genre doesn't change because you hate the game. I hate Wildstar and Rift for some of the changes they made. They are still MMORPGS.
    I am asking u again, did i say they need to change the genre of the game?

7+ Year Old Account
    Since several points of your list are completely wrong/faulty, I cannot take this seriously. Please play the actual game as it is now before creating a thread like this.

(I suppose the Stormscale on my leatherworking char is just vendor trash, and I missed those water-breathing buffs every time I dive down for some stupid underwater quest. And my warlock dying while doing the Ritual of Doom was probably a bug.)

I am sorry but this is just a bad list. I think you are so wrong in saying that the average player has suffered in the 'new WOW'. Your logic is that things took longer to do years ago, which made WOW better. Which is WHY they reduced how long things take so the average player could actually do well in the game.
    Your gold arguement is just factually wrong since prices of items have gone up due to the ability to get gold faster.
    To your AP argument, the reason they make it so difficult to fill your wep all the way out is so you have something to work towards. Imagine if they just made AP so easy to get, no one would do WQ, Mythic plus, or anything if they could just get it and be done.
    You say that people are "upset" about how fast it takes to level, once again your time argument is flawed. You say the average player is lost, imagine if it still took that long as before to level up. Players would quit because they know that after they spend forever getting max level there is so much content to cover.
    You pay for this game, it is your choice to do whatever the hell you want to do in it. If you want to PVP, you do not really need end game Ilevel gear because of pvp gear system they use. If you want to raid casual, group finder allows you to find others that want to raid casual too. If you want to raid top end, they have put things in place to allow those players to have something to do always. Just because blizzard has added insane amounts of grind, does not mean YOU have to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

You really took his point and went a different direction than he stated it. He was saying that there have been aspects like AP grind before that people have praised or liked being there. His point is that the AP grind is no different than past grinds. You took it as AP grind is vital and that it makes a person feel better.

Rogues had to craft their own poisons with special labs spread across the world.
    It was tedious and carrying them in your bags limited your bag space and people love bag space.

Rogues had to buy vanishing powder from vendors touse the vanish ability.
    Again it's just a matter of bag space.

Rogues had to buy blinding powder from professions or auction house to be able to use the ability.
    Also bag space.

Rogues could deactivate traps.
    I agree that was fun RPG element but was it that useful?

Rogues had to train lockpicking by opening lockboxes around the world. Special gloves even existed to help you.
    Quality of life improvement.

Stealth used to have levels and could be more or less effective. Items such as Nightscape Boots helped you being less detectable. Also, as they were sneaking, rogues moved slower when stealthed.
    It was annoying and it does not affect speed so rogue can keep up with other players.

Hunter started without any pet and had a quest to teach them how to tame one, enhancing the link between them. Now they automatically start with one. Same for Warlock and their first demon.
    It was confusing for some players also it was pain to level a hunter to level 10 without pet. Now people are getting used to have a pet from the start.

Hunter could use Eyes of the Beast to see through the eyes of its pet.
    Fun ability.

Hunter's had to be out of combat to set traps.
    Now using traps in much more dynamic gameplay.

Hunter's pet had an happiness bar and a loyalty property to manage by feeding them with appropriate food. If done wrong, the pet would do lesser damage or even leave you.
    This was annoying.

Hunters had 3 pets max. Each ones feel special. Now they carry a whole zoo in their bags.
    Now they have 5 max with them. All the rest have to be kept at stable master.

Hunters couldn't attack in melee range with ranged weapons.
    This was necessary change to come with the removal of ranged slot.

Hunters could use melee weapons alongside ranged weapons.
    They still can use them but not alongside ranged. You have to make a choice.

Bows and guns require ammunitions you had to craft/buy and put in special ammo bags. This could lead to awkward situations
    And it took a lot of bag space.

Warriors and rogues were able to use ranged weapons.
    Rogues have skills that do basicly the same thing now, throw a knife or shoot a gun.

Warlocks had to get and carry soulshards in special bags
    And now they have it as a resource so they can have more bag space.

Warlocks had a Detect Invisibility spell.
    I don't see what demonic fel magic has to do with invisibility detection. This just don't fit warlock fantasy.

Warlock's Ritual of Doom needed four other people to summon the Doomguard... and one of them was randomly sacrificed! With great power came great responsability.
    It was fun but I like that now I can just summon hum whenever I want. Also Order Hall has some similar ability available.

Warriors had different stances and had to switch between them during combat for maximum dps.
    Not a huge warrior player so can't comment much about this.

Shamans could use two handed weapons.
    This is just a personal preference has nothing to do with RPG elements.

Death Knight's Raise Ally spell bring back people as... ghouls!
    It wasn't that useful because of that.

Druids turned into tree form to heal.
    You can still use trant form for that and there is tree of life form as a cooldown.

Priests had 2 uniques Racial abilities.
    And this caused balance issue.

Mages, Warlocks and blacksmiths could craft various oils and grindstones to buff weapons.
    That was useful.

Paladins could be played only by Alliance while Shamans were only for Horde.
    That's not an RPG element.

Weapons require skills, including hand fighting. If you equipped a kind of weapon that you didn't know yet, you needed to use it a lot before doing max DPS. You also needed to see a weapon trainer first.
    Players don't have time to do that now.

Speaking of trainers, you had to see a trainer in town to learn your new class skill/spell. Now it automatically spawn in your action bar as you level.
    Quality of life so you spend more time playing than going back to town and learn new stuff.

Some spells only worked on specific mobs, strengthening the lore. Paladin's exorcism for example was to be used against undead/demons while now it works the same on any mobs.
    There are still such spells. Paladins using Ashbringer can turn into ash demons and undead killing them instantly. Warlocks can banish demons, elementals and abberations.

Magic/fire/frost resistance gears were useful against specific boss. Once again it strengthen the lore. Some mobs had fire resistance too and/or were weak against frost spells. Frost resistance gear was vital against Sapphiron etc.
    Resistances on mobs was a balancing issue. It caused some specs to be useless. Using resistances to fight specific bosses was interesting.

Classes were a lot more different: in term of rotation, but also some didn't have any interrupt, or any cc, or any group buff etc. In the same way, lots of class, especially pure DPS, didn't have a single heal. Now almost every class has the same set of interrupt/cc/heal/group buff.
    Thanks to that now it is easier to play any class

Mana and health regenerate way slower, so you NEEDED to stop and eat/drink every few fights. Food and drink actually mater, and mana for DPS caster mattered too. When's the last time you bought normal food in game?
    And playing the game was much slower thanks to that. Now it is faster and more streamlined.

Spell levels (Holy Light 1, Holy Light 2 etc.) existed and were useful to manage your mana.
    Spell ranks returned with Legion, but they serve different function now. Mana cost is now percentege based so ranks just add new features to the spells as you level up.

Each classes has unique quests to unlock specific stuff: mounts for warlocks and paladins, postures for warriors, druid's forms, poisons and Certificate of Thievery for rogues etc.
    Now every class has a questline to unlock 3rd relic slot and class mount and champions. Quests you mentioned above were removed for convenience.

Every classes had an extra equipment slot where you put your libram, sigil, throw, totem, idol, wand etc.
    Ranged weapon slot made sense but relic slots felt forced because they didn't think that this class would use ranged weapon.

Original talent tree allowed hybrid class to freely mix healing, tanking and dps abilities (even if it wasn't often imba!).
    Yes, you had a lot of freedom there but most players looked for builds that were imba.

According to your race or spec, different weapons meant different abilities: maces used to stun, axes had extra crit chance, swords were faster or had a chance to double strike...
    I would call it a balancing issue.

There where specific class quests you could obtain through raiding and dungeons that lead you on epic journys throught the world and really tested your ability with that character, Rhok' delar was a epic bow but had legendary status to the hunters that used it.
    Now you have quests for artifact weapons that send you to different parts of the world.

Gear rarity actually mattered, green items where uncommon, rare items where actually rare and epic items where actually epic.
    I agree with that. Especially legendaries, some people are just drowning in them. There should be fewer and they should be more rare.

There was no transmog in vanilla or bc, so you could actually see the gear that players where wearing, you could tell if they where a fully kitted out pve raider, a veteran of pvp, or a dungeon goe just by looking at them. further adding to the immersion.
    I like transmog, it helps you to maintain the look you want for your character without worrying about proper stats.

Gold was scarce, it took a LOT of time to save up 10g. Now you can literally make thousand of gold in a day.
    It is called inflation. You make more gold but everything cost much more than in vanilla.

Mounts had different speeds. Now they all go to your max speed. Also summoning mount took twice as long (3 sec vs 1.5 sec now).
    Not all of them. Most mounts use the speed of your raiding skill. The only exeption are Riding Turtle and Sea Turtle they don't affect your land speed at all.

Leveling took way longer, so the focus was more about the journey, less about the destination.
    People nowadays don't have time and aren't patient enough.

Quests most of the time had you traveling to different zones to finish different quests and pick up new ones, most of the time you never spent an enitre level in the same zone , you where constantly traveling from zone to zone as was everyone else, further adding to the immersion.
    That's a bad level design.

Mobs were harder to kill: you could fight a couple of them but pulling a whole group often meant death. Same for rare mobs that requiered a group. Now you can easily pull 5-10 mobs and solo any rare you encounter while leveling.
    Level up a new character to level 100 and start Legion content. You will see that they are quite difficult and hit like a truck.

No instant mail, even to alts. Now there are mailboxes every 20 yards in every cities
    Instant mail is only to alts and guild mates.

You couldn't have Alliance and Horde chars on the same PvP server, which helped faction pride.
    I don't care about faction seperation I want to play races that I like and not the specific faction.

Keys existed. To open special doors you had first to find the key, ask a rogue to picklock it, have a blacksmith craft a key or use an engineer's charge.
    Yep I miss that too.

Servers used to be completely separated. This made realm communities and personal behavior extremely important because if you did something like ninja loot, you were labelled as "that guy" and were responsible for your behavior. At the same time, everyone knew who the best players on the server were in PvE and PvP respectively. The server was your world.
    Cross Realm, Connected Realms and Sharding help to make world feel populated on every realm and also allow for smoth expansion launch like we had with Legion.

Housing was tested in early alpha (as seen in this video): players could buy/build their own house in Stormwind/Goldshire.
    Being part of the Brew of the Month Club rewarded you with a monthly sample beer.
    But was never part of the release verion of the game. I would love to have housing that would be purely comsetic and would not provide any player power benefits like garrisons did.

Players used to be automatically dismounted when they entered waters... But gnomes were the only ones to be also dismounted in shallow waters, such as Zangarmarsh or Swamp of Sorrows.
    That was just annoying.

Basic campfire required simple wood and a flint.
    Quality of life imprevemnt.

Reagents (candle, feather, stone...) were needed to cast lots of utility spells. Some could be simply bought but others needed farming all around the world.
    Again quality of life.

Auction Houses were local. At start, only Ironforge (for Alliance) and Oggrimar (for Horde) had one. Also goblin's AH were neutrals so they were used by smugglers to trade rare items between factions.
    And now all of them are connected and it is very easy to buy stuff from the other side.

You need to travel to dungeons and battleground. Now you don't even need to know where they are.
    If you wanna do mythic dungeons you have to travel to their entrances. Queeing system is just a quality of life, people nowadays are lazy.

Breathing bar was shorter and quests that required you to go under water didn't auto-give you water breathing buff like now.
    And that's why they were terrible quests.

There was no instance in the world: If people were in the same place they see and could help each others.
    Sharding, help with balancing load on the server.

Quests objectives weren't displayed on your map. Quest items didn't sparkle (or had an outline) and quest givers didn't show up on the minimap. Also quest mobs didn't have their names highlighted for you.
    And most people started using addons for that.

Lots of group quests so you have to, well, make group while leveling.
    I would call it a quality of life. You migth simply play at the time that there are not many players in the area so it would be hard to find a group. Now with group finder tool it is easier and sometimes I used it on more difficult foes.

Four Dragons of Nightmare were hidden around Azeroth and required raid-sized groups to be defeated.
    World Bosses, there are plenty of those aroung.

Some of the most powerful spells were only learnable from rares Codex. They dropped from dungeons or raids but weren't BoP so you could trade/sale them.
    Would not fit if modern game design standards.

Expansions or some raids used to be announced with huge pre-release events, like The Gates of Ahn’Qiraj, Dark Portal Opens or The Scourge Invasion. This was abandoned after Cataclysm. They were truly massive as the whole realm was participating.
    Now they use scenario system for that because those events were not good for the servers.

One of the most epic quest-chain had a cooking recipe reward. You needed a group to loot the mats from elite chimeras.
    Times change.

Rare recipes required you to travel all over the world, either to find/buy them or to do special quests and even dungeons to unlock them.
    For example you needed a priest to mind-control a mini-boss to teach you Enchanted Elementium; now it's just a drop.
    In Legion you have to do questlines tied to the profession to get some recipes and also to rank them up you need to work a lot more on that profession.

Some crafting recipes (Sulfuron Hammer, engineer Jeeves/Chopper, some food...) required lots of work and mats. Now it's just a couple, rarely 3, max.
    It is easier to remember what you need that way.

Sound logical, but you actually needed a fishpole to fish, a knife to skin, a hammer for blacksmith etc.
    It is still useful to use fishing pole to increase your fishing skill. Thats what those tools do now, they give you +10 to the profession. This is just quality of life improvement so people can have more free slots in their bags.

You had to level gathering before getting to the next zone. Now tou can skin/gather in Draenor even if you're level 1.
    You can do that everywhere now. Also it did not make sense from RPG perspective. Why this flower is more difficult to pick up that the flower from another zone. With that being said, excluding Legion, when you try to gather something that you have to low skill for you will get pieces instead of a whole thing so it is less effective.

You need the actual mats to be in your bag. Now you can have them in your bank and craft anything in the wild.

Alchemists and jewelcrafters needed alchemy labs to make some of the best flasks and reagents.
    Some professions, for exemple tailors have to go to specific places in order to craft some specific pieces.

Some professions had sub-specialisations: Blacksmith could specialize in weapon-smith or armor-smith; Alchemist could become transmute, potion or flask masters; Engineers could focus on goblin or gnome recipes. (some of those specialisations still exist but aren't updated anymore)
    It was nice fantasy I can agree with that. They removed it to streamline professions.

Skinners could skin either normal leathers or scales (used for mail armor). Now only normal leather exist.
    Nope, Skinners can skin either leathers, hides or scales. Leahterworkers can craft Leather of Mail armor.

Some creatures (like Onyxia) required special tools to be skinned, which rewarded you with very rare scales to craft unique gear.
    That's interesting.

Blacksmiths and engineers could craft Skeleton keys and small bombs that you could buy to open lockboxes or doors.
    Leahterworkers can craft Crowbars that are used to open lockboxes.

Only enchanters could, well, disenchant items.

There used to be a weekly Kalu’ak Fishing Derby in Northrend.
    Ok

In Alpha there was a Survival Skills profession used for making campfires and torches. Torches were used for scouting darker areas, such as Duskwood (you couldn't see anything past 20-30 yards in front of you).
    That's alpha and release verion.

Weather was alot more prominant in some zones barrens, for example was mostly sunny but sometimes rained, Felwood, it rained alot winterspring was often heavy snow, ect.
    Yep I miss all of that weather. I assume some people complained about visibility.

Night time on servers was alot darker than current wow.
    Again problem with visibility for some players.

World PvP ranks) with specific rewards like gear but also repair discount or access to a special World Defense channel.
    They removed it so you didn't have to feel obligated to grind pvp every week just to get rank you want and keep it.

Alterac Valley lasted for hours or days at a time, with lots of PvE quests included, You could even summon bosses to fight for your side! (You can still technically do it but it's not relevant anymore)
    That's way too long.

You could loose honor if you killed civilians from opposite faction.
    It was removed because it was annoying if you killed npc with your aoe.

You had halls of valour that you could enter in capital citys (sw, orgrimmar) after obtaining a certain pvp rank, that sold all of the high level pvp gear. it added to faction pride and made you feel like a real champion of your faction.
    Now they are available for everyone.

When hard raid mode was first introduced (in Ulduar), it was done via in-game action, ie: you had to do trigger specific things during an encounter. Now it's via a click on a menu. (this kind of gameplay removal -World of MenuCraft-)
    That way it is much more streamlined.

Some raids couldn't be entered directly, you first had to do long and epic questlines to unlock them. Now you can even kill a boss before knowing about his story (Isthar in HFC for example).
    Many raiders don't care about the story they want just challenging gameplay.

Dungeons were real mazes that could take hours to complete. Now it's mostly 3 bosses separated by corridors that took less than 20 minutes to defeat.
    This is the standard blizzard developed for dungeons in TBC.

No more reforging (too complicated for ppl, let's remove it? -blizzard)
    Offical reason is that it caused too much annoyance with getting new piece of gear and most people used addons to just automate it.

No more gemming (finding a new piece of gear and gemming and and enchanting it it was so satisfying, why did they remove it??)
    There are still gem sockets but more rare. They just wanted new piece of gear feel useful right away and after gemming, enchanting and reforging it.

No more enchanting (we still have enchanting, it's just nowhere near as good as it once was)
    I don't understand what's wrong with it right now.

Class / spec design sucks (rogues no longer feel like rogues, Shadow priests no longer feel like shadow priests etc)
    Personal preference.

No more PvP vendors
    That's not RPG element.

No more world PvP
    It still exist but it's not huge.

No more Horde v Alliance city raids
    There are some raids but not many.

There's no huge PvP area like Tol barad or wintergrasp.
    Yep, pvp lacks new areas.

World quests are just Daily quests.
    Not exacly. Some of them last longer than a day and some of them are shorter.

No honor or conquest points.

No Valour points.

No justice points.
    Those aren't rpg elements.

No exploration.
    Bullshit. You are rewarded with so many interesting thing when you decide to explore. Most people just don't want to bother and use addons that tell them where everything is so they can get useful stuff.

No RPG elements left in the game.
    There are still RPG elements in the game.

Leveling is just a stroll and takes a matter of hours to get max level, its literally trivial at this point.
    That's what players want.

The glyph system has been removed.
    No it wasn't. I was just changed so it works differently.

AP grind is a pointless waste of time.
    Then don't grind. I don't grind for AP and I am happy.

To sum up Most of the changes were necessary for the game survival. Otherwise it would not survive for as long as it did. Most points on the list are just quality of life imprevemnts and some of them are not even RPG elements.

Humans could also detect stealth better than other races.