Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Transformers The Last Knight comes out tomorrow

The Final Chapter is finally here

Transformers the Last Knight came out Wednesday, June 21st. What did you think of the movie?

There is an after credits scene.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2017-06-20 at 02:00 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Let's hope they finally reboot the entire thing after this one and actually make it resemble Transformers and now this generic crap with close up on the moving gears in the robots, a hit chick, simple plot line and the US army.

Deleted
    Dear god let it be the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchbrownie View Post
    Its a finale to a chapter thats all I can say.

I just wonder how much cash this one is going to make at the box office.
    Age of extinction made $1.104 billion.
    With numbers like that I really doubt this is going to be the last one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Its a finale to a chapter thats all I can say.
    Good, my childhood has suffered enough with these atrocities that Micheal Bay has inflicted upon it.
    Now give me a proper reboot without a director who's philosophy is "Pew-Pew Boom"

Like, this movie and Pirates of the Caribbean... two series that I loved the crap out of but now don't even know if I've seen them all. Just not excited anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Like, this movie and Pirates of the Caribbean... two series that I loved the crap out of but now don't even know if I've seen them all. Just not excited anymore.
    Oh come on? Don't wanna see Bumblebee Prime in action? :P

I'll wait til it comes out on blu ray.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    As is tradition I will take my younger brother to see it. We love transformers, but even he understands this is just eye candy. He just likes seeing them on the big screen as do I..... if all the humans could die though, that will be great

I hope they at least go the Nemsis prime route.

I loved the first 3. Have yet to see the 4th. Not sure why everyone hates em so much tho
    People working 2 jobs in the US (at least one part-time) - 7.8 Million (Roughly 4.9% of the workforce)

People working 2 full-time jobs in the US - 360,000 (0.2% of the workforce)

Average time worked weekly by the US Workforce - 34.5 hours

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    I loved the first 3. Have yet to see the 4th. Not sure why everyone hates em so much tho
    1 is watchable
    I didnt like 2 and predicted the plot. I said, Optimus will die, be brought back with the all spack, combine with Jetfire and win. Went to see it, and well... yeah.
    I didnt like 3 and Sentinel being a dick was pretty easy to figure out.
    I was okay with 4. I like how Lockdown did what he wanted to do in the cartoon within 5 minutes of the movie starting. I also prefer marky mark to Shia.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Sorry. Transformers 6 is still planned for 2019.

Unfortunately, in addition to far too many people seeing it in the US, Transformers movies are the types of movies that play well overseas. They don't understand our dialogue anyways, so they just go to see it for the CGI spectacle. The last Transformers made over $850 million overseas and nearly $250 million domestically...which translates into roughly $200 million of profit for the studio less advertising just for box office. They'll be making at least that much more over 10 years via blu-ray sales, rentals, etc.

Basically, it ain't going to stop until the gravy train stops for the studio. This is also why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    1 is watchable
    I didnt like 2 and predicted the plot. I said, Optimus will die, be brought back with the all spack, combine with Jetfire and win. Went to see it, and well... yeah.
    I didnt like 3 and Sentinel being a dick was pretty easy to figure out.
    I was okay with 4. I like how Lockdown did what he wanted to do in the cartoon within 5 minutes of the movie starting. I also prefer marky mark to Shia.
    At bold part - I get why you'd predict Prime was going to die and come back because (going back to G1 at least) that's pretty much his MO, but I don't see why you'd guess he was going to "combine" (more like harvesting the organs of a suicide) with Jetfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    At bold part - I get why you'd predict Prime was going to die and come back because (going back to G1 at least) that's pretty much his MO, but I don't see why you'd guess he was going to "combine" (more like harvesting the organs of a suicide) with Jetfire.
    Probably because the Jetfire and Optimus Prime toys, which advertised the combining feature, came out before the movie did.

So far I've watched them all in the theathers but I'm not sure if I want to go for this movie, considering the last 3 movies were rather lackluster in terms of.... about everything except the action and all the CGI. The first movie is actually pretty good that had a feasible plot where it introduced the Autobots/Decepticons for the first time, then the second movie came around which was all over the place with The Fallen being just a guy sitting on his throne until the end where he gets his ass kicked. The 3rd movie was slightly better but it was just to much dumb action all around, and I didn't like how they started to juggle around with the main cast by leaving out Megan Fox for some other random girl (she wasn't even mentioned at all). The 4th movie... I guess it had a good villain and I kinda like Mark more than Shia, but it felt so dumb most of the time and I never got to like the new Autobots who came over to stereotypical for my taste. Kelsey Grammar made up for being the human villain at least.

I know you shouldn't expect a good story or anything but rather a dumb action packed Hollywood flick where you need to turn your brain off to enjoy. While the action scenes are really good I really want the cast to be at least likeable enough for me to care. I do really like all the Autobots and Decepticons but they show off the humans way to much, for whom I don't even care at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post

He does it a lot.

Sigh after age of extinction even the over the top action doesn't do it for me anymore. And I have this sinking feeling from the trailers that Grimlock will be in it for 15 seconds before being promptly killed off cause fuck you I'm Micheal Bay. So, I'll wait for it to come on Netflix and skip to the interesting bits.

Stanley Tucci was fantastic in the last one and hes back in this one.

Deleted
    I have to say the only reason I'm heading to watch this one is because of them saying they spent like $40-50 million in budget simply shooting fully using IMAX 3D cameras. I'm excited to see if 3D at the cinema is at all salvageable. I went to see that 60 fps Hobbit stuff which brought a bit more clarity at the expense of it not having a movie vibe.