I've been online since servers went live.

I lost so much times with noobs in PoTD.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Yes and how long were servers up before Blizz took them down for emergency maint?
    They didn't. Mists of Pandaria didn't get taken down for maintenance at launch at all from what I recall playing. It took a while, but it smoothed itself out. Pretty sure I would remember being annoyed taking a day off work only to have the servers taken down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Problem is putting those solo MSQ duties through the duty-finder. I didn't even know that what was happening until this shit-storm. In HW I always just assumed it was loading the cutscenes. Not sending me to an instance.
    What's odd, though... if the MSQ is hitting the same instance servers as duty finder... well, I've run every roulette and PotD all day with no issues at all (well, a couple DCs in PotD). If the MSQ and Duty Finder are dealing with the same resources, you'd think they'd both suffer. Just seems odd.

fucking love how you can get disconnected and instantly be in the back of a 2k queue. no grace period?

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    They didn't. Mists of Pandaria didn't get taken down for maintenance at launch at all from what I recall playing. It took a while, but it smoothed itself out. Pretty sure I would remember being annoyed taking a day off work only to have the servers taken down.

- - - Updated - - -

What's odd, though... if the MSQ is hitting the same instance servers as duty finder... well, I've run every roulette and PotD all day with no issues at all (well, a couple DCs in PotD). If the MSQ and Duty Finder are dealing with the same resources, you'd think they'd both suffer. Just seems odd.
    I'd wager that the bandaid they did earlier pulled more resources to party content which is why. The instance server was fucked this morning and nothing worked so bandaiding to allocate more resources to duty finder/Palace groups at the cost of a harsher bottleneck for the MSQ is still technically an improvement.

You just can't do anything but old dungeons and SAM/RDM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Even though I'm no where near to hitting that MSQ, I'm pretty surprised that they didn't see this coming.

I feel like they're rushing to install more instance servers as basically that's the only thing that will alleviate this. Heck anyone who played during the launch of ARR remembers that the same thing happened back then. Heavily congested instance servers and people couldn't do anything and by the end of the day they installed more servers to relieve stress. I bet you the same thing is happening now and it's the reason its taking so long.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Also summoner changed to be less dot focused and more summon with nukes you get bahamut
    Have to admit, this is one of the things that makes me slightly wary going into Stormblood. I liked the Summoner with it's emphasis on DoT's, its the main reason I picked the class. I really loved the rhythm it had to it with Dreadwyrm Trance too, so I'm hoping that at least remains. I am going to give the changes a try, of course, but I'm really hoping they've not turned into another generic nuking spell caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    I'd wager that the bandaid they did earlier pulled more resources to party content which is why. The instance server was fucked this morning and nothing worked so bandaiding to allocate more resources to duty finder/Palace groups at the cost of a harsher bottleneck for the MSQ is still technically an improvement.

You just can't do anything but old dungeons and SAM/RDM.
    nah dungeons and potd are fucked for a ton of people. d/c constantly.

Haven't had a dc myself but I am hearing of the issues. And to be fair I've seen way way way way way worse.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    nah dungeons and potd are fucked for a ton of people. d/c constantly.
    Disconnects are common the whole game over right now, not just in instances.

- - - Updated - - -

We're now in NA peak time. It's gonna get a lot worse.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Things have gotten steadily worse as the day has progressed. I may just go for another nap and hope that when I wake up in the early hours of the morning things will be smoother. It's frustrating given that this exact same issue happened back in 2.0 and 3.0 - they seem to consistently underestimate the number of players who will be tackling content whenever a new expansion or major patch goes live.

It wasn't so bad earlier in the day since I could go off and do other stuff but now there's just frequent disconnects, lengthy queues and the world is currently 'full' for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Yes and how long were servers up before Blizz took them down for emergency maint?
    They didn't for Mists at all. I remember being on the gunship part for at least 3 hours. And Jade Forest was laggy as hell. WoD was even worse. When I got to Spires it was barely playable and the Garrosh Scenario in Nagrand kept bugging out and either the NPCs despawned or they wouldn't be there at the start to allow it to move forward. You just had to get lucky and hope the Scenario would work until fixed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Things have gotten steadily worse as the day has progressed. I may just go for another nap and hope that when I wake up in the early hours of the morning things will be smoother. It's frustrating given that this exact same issue happened back in 2.0 and 3.0 - they seem to consistently underestimate the number of players who will be tackling content whenever a new expansion or major patch goes live.
    I just don't think they expect the massive influx. Understandable but to be honest they could have been a bit better prepared. Especially after experiencing it twice.

It's also not like they didn't see the number of pre orders to get a rough idea of how many people were going to blast their servers. It's been bad enough all day with the dungeons going down then back up and MSQ being fucked all day but now server stability is getting worse, disconnects, dungeons/palace crashing sporadically again, a whole data center crashed, etc.

Deleted
    The bottleneck at Best Served with Cold Steel is really fucking ridiculous. They need GMs out here enforcing lines to get through after they admitted that would be the solution but we're still stuck out here spamming.
    Why? Lines don't make a bloody difference

It's also not like they didn't see the number of pre orders to get a rough idea of how many people were going to blast their servers. It's been bad enough all day with the dungeons going down then back up and MSQ being fucked all day but now server stability is getting worse, disconnects, dungeons/palace crashing sporadically again, a whole data center crashed, etc.
    I just don't think they realize how popular their MMO is sometimes. I mean it's the only sub MMO that rivals the big titan that is WoW atm.

Almost 57 on RDM and i'm seeing a lot of lvl.60 RDM's in Alex savage gear showing up now. I imagine thats from premade deep dungeon spamming?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I just don't think they realize how popular their MMO is sometimes. I mean it's the only sub MMO that rivals the big titan that is WoW atm.
    Its weird this seems to happen with almost every multiplayer game out there. I get that pre orders aren't an exact number of the people that will play at launch but it should give them some ideas. Having said that it seems that Stormbloods marketing has REALLY payed off as there's a ridiculous amount of people playing.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Almost 57 on RDM and i'm seeing a lot of lvl.60 RDM's in Alex savage gear showing up now. I imagine thats from premade deep dungeon spamming?
    Yep. I'm just gonna use w/e RDM weapon I get at 60 with my BLMs gear.

After reading the last few pages of this thread, I'm kind of happy I decided against taking the day off work.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yep. I'm just gonna use w/e RDM weapon I get at 60 with my BLMs gear.
    Shire weapons can be bought purely with poetics now; 400 for the tokens, 100 for the micro tomestone.

I didn't look to see if the gobtwine is sold for poetics now (but in my defense I have enough VA/WC/DS tokens stuck away to cover any upgrades). Boom easy 260/270 weapon.