Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    Yeah, because, you know, all dogs are, like, the saaaame, and you once had a pit bull that was SUPER sweet, ergo that's logic talking and not the feeeelz. Plus how many dogs are there in the world? And how many people? Like, somehow that totally means pit bulls are all an inherently super sweet and harmless breed, right up there with every other breed cause, like, for serious, all breeds are identical, cause I knew a sweet pit bull once. And, like, that's totally how all of them are. For serious y'all. #NoFeelsHereOnlyLogic #ForSeriousY'All
    I wouldn't know what you're talking about, since I've not had that kind of discussion.

Are you really so invested in believing that pit bulls are inherently dangerous dogs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Genetics can, luckily, be altered though proper breeding. You obv put the naturally violent ones down while continually breeding the ones with 0 problems, preferable with other types to maximize genetic diversity and prevent the mental problems that come with inbreeding.

SO "THIS IS SCIENCE. DONE. END OF DICUSSION. IM RIGHT YOU WRONG" is a bunch of malarky, especially used to promote a complete breed ban. If it wasnt possible, we wouldnt have the sheer amount of breeds we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Genetics can, luckily, be altered though proper breeding. You obv put the naturally violent ones down while continually breeding the ones with 0 problems, preferable with other types to maximize genetic diversity and prevent the mental problems that come with inbreeding.

SO "THIS IS SCIENCE. DONE. END OF DICUSSION. IM RIGHT YOU WRONG" is a bunch of malarky, especially used to promote a complete breed ban. If it wasnt possible, we wouldnt have the sheer amount of breeds we have.
    Exactly, and it is a slippery slope.

The Pit bull is not the only breed more capable of "violence" if conditioned, even in relation to play. Sharpness, "skärpa", for example which tells of how likely a dog is to react with aggression towards a threat, is way lower in the pit bull than say, the German Shepherd. So the German Shepherd is inherently aggressive and dangerous then? BREED BAN PLZ!.

Jack Russel is a small dog with immense power for its size and a proper dose of sharpness and violent behaviour. Once all the big breeds fitting into this mold have gone to appease the dog breed safety-SJW's, I'd say the JRT is next in line.

It's like the saying "you shouldn't leave/trust a dog alone with children" sends people's amygdala into a freespin telling them that it means "DOGS WILL KILL CHILDREN IF GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY". This has been transferred onto certain breeds depending on the group. I've seen Pit Bull forums have threads proclaiming how all Rottweilers are beasts, for example.

You shouldn't leave/trust a dog alone with children for many reasons, and is also applied to "you shouldn't trust a child alone with animals".
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-16 at 11:14 PM.

Yes,a pitbull raised right is likely to not hurt anyone

However a pitbull not raised right is far too dangerous
    And due to how they were bred,even a "good boy" pitbull is more likely to "snap" and maul someone to death than any other breed

I think people should be allowed to own one,but only after serious safety tests were passed

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    I think chihuahuas are 100x more violent than Pits. I've been bitten many times by my chihuahuas. Little fuckers. If they were large dogs like pit bulls, they would have to be eradicated from earth because they would kill anything they see.
    Sounds like you have no idea how to train a dog if this is true and not hyperbole.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Are you really so invested in believing that pit bulls are inherently dangerous dogs?
    I don't know. Are you really so invested in believe that they're not a relatively dangerous breed? Or that breeds don't have inherent traits whatsoever.

One of is in desperate -- almost pathetically so -- need to to disbelieve reality in order to prove some... well, fuck if I know what they're trying to prove. One of us isn't fooling ourselves and has no trouble comprehending reality for what it is. (Hint, you're not the latter of the two.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Yes,a pitbull raised right is likely to not hurt anyone

However a pitbull not raised right is far too dangerous
    Pfft, according to this thread, they don't even need to be trained. They are inherently, naturally, and by all virtues known to mankind, the gentlest breed of dog to ever exist. You know, just like every other breed. They're ALL the same. None of them have any inherent traits! True story. According to this thread, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Anecdotal crap. Again large scale statistics and science disagree with you.
    But my cousins neighbors girlfriend has a pit and it knits cozies for the homeless, SO all pits are saints DUH!!
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I believe it, but I also believe that when raised properly, they can also be the most gentle.
    Majority of pit attacks are by unfixed dogs. Fixed pits have the same bite rate as any other breed.

- - - Updated - - -

Anecdotal crap. Again large scale statistics and science disagree with you.
    Do you care about science? Breed wise the most violent dogs are shar peis they also cost a lot and usually have responsible owners who had to plop down a lot of money for them and take care of them right. Also most attacks overwhelming majority are by unfixed pits. Fixed pits don't bite or attack outside the norm. There are labradors who have killed. And that's americas favorite dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, absolutely correct.

Sadly, even with heavy measures towards dog ownership requirements and breeding, there'd always be the backyard breeders and the fools buying from said breeders in order to save money on the cheapest part of owning a pet, or buying a pet for all the wrong reasons.
    And own the dogs as status symbol rather than a living companion that need love and care.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    It's like knives, it all depends on the owner. Good loyal and secure dogs in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe in statistics and science not propaganda.
    then links dogbite.org lofuckingl
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    then links dogbite.org lofuckingl
    That website has numerous peer-reviewed studies to back up their claims. The other side has....nothing.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    It's like knives, it all depends on the owner. Good loyal and secure dogs in general.
    Some knives are far more dangerous than others are. Not saying all pits are bad, but each to his own, I would not own one myself. Too much of a deadly potential for my liking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    That website has numerous peer-reviewed studies to back up their claims. The other side has....nothing.
    They have anecdotes about how their pit bull in particular is the sweetest dog ever!

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    I don't know. Are you really so invested in believe that they're not a relatively dangerous breed? Or that breeds don't have inherent traits whatsoever.

One of is in desperate -- almost pathetically so -- need to to disbelieve reality in order to prove some... well, fuck if I know what they're trying to prove. One of us isn't fooling ourselves and has no trouble comprehending reality for what it is. (Hint, you're not the latter of the two.)

- - - Updated - - -

Pfft, according to this thread, they don't even need to be trained. They are inherently, naturally, and by all virtues known to mankind, the gentlest breed of dog to ever exist. You know, just like every other breed. They're ALL the same. None of them have any inherent traits! True story. According to this thread, anyway.
    I don't know, you're making shit up and acting as if it was I that said these things that you're bringing up. I'd say you're fooling yourselves pretty well here.

Not believing that a certain breed of dog is satan incarnate > not acknowledging that breeds have different traits and mentality. The only one trying to pretend, is you when you make the claim that I somehow said anything to that effect. I'd be inclined to ask you to calm down, but you do seem incredibly emotional on this matter...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Other than the numerous, in fact majority, of dogs of this kind and every other kind that lives entire lives without ever being involved in incidents.

One side tries to paint a breed out to be a threat for a fact, being quite emotional in their desire to vilify said breed of dog wherein the vast majority of individuals never do harm, many even being shelter dogs coming from horrible conditions. The other acknowledges that yes, there are traits to certain breeds, but that does in no shape or form make them pose a danger to anyone by simply existing. There are numerous factors involved , and one large aspect of them being exposure to ill suited environments due to reputation coupled with shoddy breeding.

It's nothing short of fear mongering, and it is as moronic when it comes to Pit bulls as it is when it comes to Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Presa Canario etc etc. It's no better than when downright dog-haters try to argue the case that DOGS, as a whole, should be banned from society based on the miniscule percentage ever being actually endangered by a dog vs a host of other aspects of society.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-06-17 at 01:17 AM.

Deleted
    Train it properly and you wont have problems.

Other than the numerous, in fact majority, of dogs of this kind and every other kind that lives entire lives without ever being involved in incidents.

I have posted US-based, peer-reviewed studies in this thread and in other threads that clearly state that pit bulls specifically are involved in more serious/fatal attacks to humans (and are 2.5 times more likely to attack children) than other breeds, and they aren't even the most numerous dog breed in the US. No one is villifying the breed in this thread. But we can't have an honest discussion if we can't agree on facts.

People like you are too emotionally invested in this topic.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    snip

You are kinda confusing words and misrepresenting facts.

Pits are not more violent, They have a lower bite rate than many smaller breeds.

Pits are more dangerous. They have very powerful jaw and neck muscles and can do a lot of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Train it properly and you wont have problems.
    I think that's only half of the problem. The other half of the problem are people deliberately breeding them for their aggressive traits. This was not always the case.

Despite what other people are trying to claim, aggression as an inherited trait isn't something you can limit to "towards other dogs". Part of the problem is that people are breeding animals like this for protection purposes, meaning protection of property/owner from both other humans and animals. The other problem is that while you can train dogs to not bite humans, you can't train out innate temperament. When you breed an animal to display certain behaviors, you shouldn't be surprised when they display them.

In either case, it is not the dog's fault, but a natural outcome of poor breeding and training.

#breedofpeace
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!