Thread: Vasectomy

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vieve View Post
    The ignorance is unreal.
    Come on man, stairs or an ice cream scooper does the job as well .. /s

I obviously know there is a risk, it's a lot less risk as her getting it done.
    Maybe, but women are only fertile until their late 40s at best, whereas men are until what, late 70s.

You're taking away way more years of fertility in which you could reconsider.

Furthermore, people have lost their dicks from something as simple as circumcision. I wouldn't put anything sharp near my dick.

Complications from tubal ligation don't end up with the woman lacking genitals.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2017-06-17 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    Thank you for wording the condom thing better than I did, that is exactly how I/we feel about it. I trust and know her enough to know cheating won't happen.
    I'll openly admit my naivety but this is the first time I've heard of condoms being used as an assurance of fidelity (I get you are saying that for you it isn't; but the concept that a couple or one half of a couple would insist on using condoms for that reason seems completely ... pointless, almost. Is this really a thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

My uncle had a vasectomy when he was 20 because he was adamant he never wanted kids. 15 years later he had it reversed but by then it was too late and they had to adopt. My dad had a vasectomy because my parents figured they are finished having kids and as far as I know there haven't been any issues. He did get his sperm frozen though. At 31 you are probably old enough to know whether you want kids or not but I would recommend freezing your sperm as well just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    I've also heard the procedure is reversible.
    NEVER assume you can just reverse it! Never! That works only in a fraction of the cases that try and like every organ that doesn't get much action, your body will stop producing sperm after a while because it just has to reabsorb it. While it may be possible, you should not go into it thinking "I can always change it back later", this is not a paint job.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    May as well get someone with a meat cleaver to cut your nuts off.. As in the end it is just an easy cop out of both parties with the loser being the man as with how things are now days doing the woman's version of this will have every feminist out for your blood..
    Normally I wouldn't even bother replying to these comments but maybe it will stop a few future ones regarding the same.

It's a fact it's a lot less intrusive and a lot safer to do for men. Regardless of your personal feelings, that is just the way it is.

Her not wanting kids does not make my decision either - I've made up my own mind long before I started dating her.

And if you're implying that men need to produce kids to fulfill life, I can only feel sorry for you not being able to look at life past that primordial urge of reproduction.

Children are a huge sacrifice and if you are not willing to make that sacrifice - you will make for a shitty parent and didn't deserve kids in the first place.
    I enjoy life very much without kids, and there are many things we do together that would not be possible anymore if we had kids.

I am really only looking for people that have had some experience with the procedure, or people that have meaningful insights into the subject - your personal opinions about it being somehow morally wrong you can leave out
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    At 31 you are probably old enough to know whether you want kids or not but I would recommend freezing your sperm as well just in case.
    I'm not gonna tell the OP he is wrong and I'll admit I'm a slow developer but just out of your twenties and you think you know what you will want out of life for the next, what, seventy years? That's some bewildering confidence
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    My uncle had a vasectomy when he was 20 because he was adamant he never wanted kids. 15 years later he had it reversed but by then it was too late and they had to adopt. My dad had a vasectomy because my parents figured they are finished having kids and as far as I know there haven't been any issues. He did get his sperm frozen though. At 31 you are probably old enough to know whether you want kids or not but I would recommend freezing your sperm as well just in case.
    I don't think I was mature enough at 20 to make that decision back then, so I can totally understand that. Now in my 30s I've made up my mind about that for quite a few years.

As for the freezing sperm, that is a good suggestion, I will look into that
    My DK

One of the women at work's husband had it done, apparently your gonads swell up to the size of oranges and then turn blue, but only for a week or two. They are also reversible.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

It's a fact it's a lot less intrusive and a lot safer to do for men. Regardless of your personal feelings, that is just the way it is.
    Most of the female-only contraceptive options (coil, implant, pill) have a more noticable effect on some women due to the hormone imbalancing nature of the menstruation thang; if there was a "pill" for men; other gender issues aside, it would probably be less noticable for the man taking it, and as such a preferable option.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I'm not gonna tell the OP he is wrong and I'll admit I'm a slow developer but just out of your twenties and you think you know what you will want out of life for the next, what, seventy years? That's some bewildering confidence
    I seriously doubt he is going to be 100 and be like "okay, the times right to have some kids!"

I am indeed very confident in that, considering that at my 31 years I have only barely scratched the surface of what I actually want to do still - and a lot of these things would be impossible with kids.

I've had an active sex life, had an "oops" moment (never trust 99.8% safe..), went through all emotions and considerations coming with that (and at that time with someone that really hadn't made up her mind yet about it either) - I'd like to think I've had enough life experience so far to know what I want in life

Just a little example, we're both long distance hikers - kids would be something we both live to regret (and it would be extremely unfair for that kid to be raised in such an environment, too!)

I should not get into this to much, it's kinda besides the point. As I mentioned in my first post, this has nothing to do with having made up my mind about it
    My DK

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    NEVER assume you can just reverse it! Never! That works only in a fraction of the cases that try and like every organ that doesn't get much action, your body will stop producing sperm after a while because it just has to reabsorb it. While it may be possible, you should not go into it thinking "I can always change it back later", this is not a paint job.
    This. This x1000. If you're going to get it done, assume it's a permanent thing that can never be undone. Sure, it can possibly be reversed, but reversals aren't 100% guaranteed to work. They are also a lot more invasive with a longer recovery time, and much more expensive.

Most of the female-only contraceptive options (coil, implant, pill) have a more noticable effect on some women due to the hormone imbalancing nature of the menstruation thang; if there was a "pill" for men; other gender issues aside, it would probably be less noticable for the man taking it, and as such a preferable option.
    Wasn't there exactly such a pill in testing?
    I read a little about something like that a year back or so if I recall correctly.
    My DK

I wouldn't be so sure about it. If you do it via hormones chances are it messes you up just as much. If you do it via other vectors like trying to influence production directly you could always end up sterile. The pill for the woman in that regard is ingenous, as all it does is tricking the body into "thinking" there is no need to get pregnant now, it doesn't actively attack the eggs or ovaries to my knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    With reversing it I am talking about the (rare) pain syndrome which only can be fixed by reversing the deal (regardless if that also fixes your ability to make kids) - as someone suggested earlier I can always look into freezing some sperm. Even though I am confident in never wanting them myself, it is always nice to backup
    My DK

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there exactly such a pill in testing?
    I read a little about something like that a year back or so if I recall correctly.
    Lead to severe depression and some of the testers killed themselves iirc

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Activi-T View Post
    Just be careful, they can spontaneously repair themselves and you'll end up with a kid if you don't still take precautions.
    I also knew a guy who had a third tube the doctors did not find.

There was one study which showed a increase in the risks of heart disease/attacks with those who have had the procedure done. Do not know if it was a good one or not, so take that with precaution.

Just a little example, we're both long distance hikers - kids would be something we both live to regret (and it would be extremely unfair for that kid to be raised in such an environment, too!)

I should not get into this to much, it's kinda besides the point. As I mentioned in my first post, this has nothing to do with having made up my mind about it
    Like I said, I'm not going to tell you are wrong

Just wondering if anyone here has had a vasectomy done, and can give me some thoughts about what I am getting myself into?

I'm just a little worried about this thing they call post vasectomy pain syndrome (PVPS) - as the procedure is not covered by my insurance. I can pay the vasectomy myself, but to reverse it to try and fix PVPS is a different story.

Hope I kept it clear, questions ask, but mostly I appreciate some insights from people who've had one done.
    Mine was done about a year ago, the method used is usually refered to as "No scalpel, no needle Vasectomy" - you should find plenty of information on that online. Ends have been cauterized in addition to that and my first check up, a year later, revealed a total success in terms of sperm count.

In regards to pain, I´ve had complications during the procedure and it still took 15 minutes - in and out the building in about 30 minutes. Complications were that the second vas couldn´t be grabbed through a single opening - a second was required. That´s about it.
    I felt no pain during the procedure but I wouldn´t want to repeat it, it was kind of uncomfortable. Feelings down there that I´ve never felt before (or since for that matter).

It took about 2-4 days or so with a lot of ice around that area for the swelling to go away, the entire region remained sensitive for about 2 weeks or so. Afterwards there was nothing for a good while. PVPS did start around 3-4 months in and lasted for about 2 and then just went away, nothing major but the more active I was in any given day, the stronger it was but only during the same day.

Hit me up via PM if you want to talk specifics or god knows what