Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I think the Cavs have one more year of going for it and then they blow it up and Lebron heads out West.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree and why I found it strange that they traded the pick. They could have taken Ball or fultz, offered IT a one yearr deal and "contended" and had the future PG on the roster. If they pay him max money that will be a giant mistake.

Going out west doesn't really make any sense whatsoever for LeBron if he is chasing 6 rings(which he claims is the only thing still motivating him). Going out west means possibly having to face both the Spurs and Warriors before even getting to the finals. I think chances are he stays with Cleveland the rest of the way unless they lose in the ecf next year(which I doubt) and some other team in the east manages to swing a few trades and has cap space to sign him. Even then I think he stays with the Cavs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dan Gilbert is an idiot and I love to be reminded of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Going out west doesn't really make any sense whatsoever for LeBron if he is chasing 6 rings(which he claims is the only thing still motivating him). Going out west means possibly having to face both the Spurs and Warriors before even getting to the finals. I think chances are he stays with Cleveland the rest of the way unless they lose in the ecf next year(which I doubt) and some other team in the east manages to swing a few trades and has cap space to sign him. Even then I think he stays with the Cavs.
    I had a thought yesterday shortly before I drifted off to sleep. If Lebron's unhappy with what's going on in Cleveland and wants out. And he doesn't want to move to LA cause he'd have to face GSW and Spurs. He'd have to look for the best place in the East right? Now, what team has a stable frontoffice, a boat load of assets to make trades, a great coaching staff and a collection of players on good contracts that are both good compliments to LBJ and can be easily traded? Not to mention long standing tradition as a great basketball town, a ridiculous crowd.

All in jest, but seriously, wouldn't Celtics be one of the ideal landing spots if LBJ wanted to stay east? Toronto has no space for him, neither do the Wizards and if they did they'd have to give up pieces that would make them interesting spots. Play with Giannis could be an option, but he'd be stuck in Milwaukee, and that doesn't seem very attractive or something LBJ would do (and he might end up not being the best player on his own team before his contract ran out).

The only reasonable option I see outside of Boston is Chicago BUT they'd have to hold on to Jimmy Butler. I can see LBJ + Butler + someone being a core that you can use to continue to dominate the East. Plus he always wanted to be like Jordan so what better place then to play for the Bulls if he's moving.

Anyway, fun to speculate about.

Quite funny how we went from a Finals between 2 absolute favourites that might compete forever to where we are now in just like, a week?

- - - Updated - - -

Silly season continues:

"Sources: As teams become aware Phil Jackson isn't ruling out possibility of trading Kristaps Porzingis, frenzy of interest is growing today."

https://twitter.com/wojverticalnba/s...80741230243840

Phil Jackson doing everything he can to tarnish his legacy as much as he can, as quickly as he can.

I don't think Pozingas wants to stay in NY regardless, so trading him might be good. Maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Lakers are trading Tim Mozgov and D'Angelo Russell to Nets for Brook Lopez and 27th pick Thursday, sources say."

Woj on twitter.

Lakers now have cap space for 2018 (hellllllo Paul George and Lebron James) and have solved their PG problem, so hellllllllo Lonzo Ball.

As a Lakers fan, Im totally fine with this trade. There were too many times this season that I questioned DAngelo's effort. He just wasnt consistent enough. I think he still has a chance to be great, but he needs to step it up.

This is just the first of many moving parts. I have total faith in Magic & Rob.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    As a Lakers fan, Im totally fine with this trade. There were too many times this season that I questioned DAngelo's effort. He just wasnt consistent enough. I think he still has a chance to be great, but he needs to step it up.

This is just the first of many moving parts. I have total faith in Magic & Rob.
    Would you want to give up assets right now to get Paul George to come over this year already or would you rather keep them and bank on George coming to you anyway next summer?

The latter has the risk that things might happen between then and now that might change George's mind? If you get him this year and couple him with Lonzo, they can get some chemistry going already, making it a more inviting place for Lebron perhaps. Is it worth some assets to make sure he;s with you in LA already and facilitate all that? Or would you rather make sure you have assets and young players you develop to help build around that possible Lonzo/George/Lebron core?

- - - Updated - - -

"Per source, Jimmy Butler has informed Cavs that he wants to stay in Chicago rather than be traded to Cleveland."

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/sta...24850653667329

Wow, you'd think Butler would be happy to get traded to a Cavs team that is the go to East favourite next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    "Lakers are trading Tim Mozgov and D'Angelo Russell to Nets for Brook Lopez and 27th pick Thursday, sources say."
    I wonder if anyone in LA is sorry to see Russell go. He didn't endear himself with his teammates or his town with his shenanigans.

...so hellllllllo Lonzo Ball.
    Well, shit, there goes the neighborhood again.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Would you want to give up assets right now to get Paul George to come over this year already or would you rather keep them and bank on George coming to you anyway next summer?
    Id rather get him now. I feel like teams arent going to make any big trades just to rent PG for 1 year if hes deadset on coming to the Lakers next year. We can probably get a good deal for him now.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The Atlanta Hawks have agreed to trade center Dwight Howard to the Charlotte Bobcats, source tell ESPN's The Undefeated."

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/...30303081000960

Serious question, is the NBA always this crazy in the offseason? Last year felt pretty nuts with the rumours and the Kevin Durant thing, but this is getting down right silly with the amount of rumours and trades and shit going on.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I wonder if anyone in LA is sorry to see Russell go. He didn't endear himself with his teammates or his town with his shenanigans.
    Ive been reading alot of comments from Lakers fans & the majority of them are really upset that we traded him. He got along with the community & his teammates great.

"The Atlanta Hawks have agreed to trade center Dwight Howard to the Charlotte Bobcats, source tell ESPN's The Undefeated."

https://twitter.com/MarcJSpearsESPN/...30303081000960

Serious question, is the NBA always this crazy in the offseason? Last year felt pretty nuts with the rumours and the Kevin Durant thing, but this is getting down right silly with the amount of rumours and trades and shit going on.
    LMAO, traded by his hometown team!

I think this is gonna be a crazy offseason. Just seems like alot of big free agents & people trying to build teams that can compete against GS.
    Last edited by Sharpbladez; 2017-06-21 at 01:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpbladez View Post
    Ive been reading alot of comments from Lakers fans & the majority of them are really upset that we traded him. He got along with the community & his teammates great.
    Well that's the problem with news: you only tend to hear the bad. It seemed like every time I heard his name, it was in a negative light, but I'm not local to that part of California, so...

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    "Sources: Charlotte is sending Miles Plumlee, Marco Belenelli and 41st pick to Atlanta for Dwight Howard and 31st pick."

Details from Woj

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Well, shit, there goes the neighborhood again.
    Since you've posted so much in this thread this year, I demand you state your exact location and why it seems to affect you [traffic-wise] when there's a game at Staples Center.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, that's harsh. https://twitter.com/rodger_sherman/s...32428087414786

I don't like Dwight Howard. I mean, he's probably a good guy. I just don't like him. I'm just racist I guess.

He left the Orlando Magic because they sucked, and he became more hated than LBJ for the way he left. Then he failed in LAL because Kobe called him a pussy who wasn't trying hard enough to win. Then he abandoned LA and went to Houston and said he liked it there and he never actually cared about a big market team, because he likes his big house where no one is around so it's quiet or some shit. And then he was happy to be on his home team because he played like a below average Center (how does that even happen???) with Harden.

And now karma got him traded again. Kekekekeke.

I just saw that too. Im sure he had no idea he was being traded. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I don't like Dwight Howard. I mean, he's probably a good guy. I just don't like him. I'm just racist I guess.

He left the Orlando Magic because they sucked, and he became more hated than LBJ for the way he left. Then he failed in LAL because Kobe called him a pussy who wasn't trying hard enough to win. Then he abandoned LA and went to Houston and said he liked it there and he never actually cared about a big market team, because he likes his big house where no one is around so it's quiet or some shit. And then he was happy to be on his home team because he played like a below average Center (how does that even happen???) with Harden.

And now karma got him traded again. Kekekekeke.
    Same. He just doesnt have the killer instinct to be great.

I actually cant believe that Michael Jordan traded for him & now Kemba has to deal with his BS. Im sure he just gets traded again next year.
    Last edited by Sharpbladez; 2017-06-21 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And now karma got him traded again.
    What? I did no such thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you've posted so much in this thread this year, I demand you state your exact location and why it seems to affect you [traffic-wise] when there's a game at Staples Center.
    What? It has nothing to do with traffic, local or otherwise. I'm in Northern California, Bay Area, which is why the Dubs (and Giants and Niners) are my team(s). I do, however, have family in LA.

My point was more that I figured some people would be happy to see D'Angelo leave in order to cut down on some of the drama on that Lakers squad, only then to be replaced by Lonzo Ball and his father.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

ESPN Sources: Los Angeles Clippers surveying landscape for potential DeAndre Jordan trade.

edit:

"Clippers are not actively looking to trade center DeAndre Jordan, team officials said. No deal has been talked about or is in place"
    Last edited by Sharpbladez; 2017-06-21 at 02:08 AM.