Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You can do better with your bait threads tennisace....but let's see, a mentally disturbed person with a history of run ins with law enforcement wields a knife at police officers and it's a shock they reacted? Had to be because she was black, right......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I don't think something like this would happen here. Clearly the difference between the countries is gigantic.
    well yeah, its MUCH harder to get a career in law enforcement in canada, (whether it be on a municipal force or RCMP) the application process generally weeds out the trash that get on in the US, then they are better trained in how to deal with crazy people and then they get paid alot more than american cops, even accounting for differences in currency.

my dad was a cop for 30 years here, all the time he goes off about how amateur and unprofessional most american police forces seem with the constant need to shoot to kill immediately. theres no shortages of mentally unstable or junkies in canadas largest cities, just like the US who deal with police constantly, except instead of just arbitrarily getting shot, AT WORST its usually just an ass kicking, getting batoned or tasered.
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

@Ichifails You say you have shit loads of forensic papers. I am sure you have read all kind of accidents happening. But I am sure You have seen successful de-escalation reports too. Why not think about those? How did they do it? Imagine 2x Ichifails vs that woman. How would it end? Surely your knowledge gives you an edge over situations like these right? Don't police get training? How to talk suicidals, mentals, kids etc. I am sure you know much more solutions than me. There is no need to take meds or anything.

I am sorry but I can't imagine 2 police getting owned by a woman. I can only guess these were 2 doughnut cops.
    Again I emphasize police did their job. I am not judging they are bad cops or good cops. I think there were other options. That is it.

Why are they so trigger happy?
    They're only trained to use lethal force. They're not trigger happy, they were confronted with a threat and they handled it according to their training.

As soon as we train the police to use non lethal for minor threats and escalate accordingly, the better.

Likewise, and this is a MASSIVE likewise; People need to start LISTENING to the cops when they're told to do things. You don't ask questions, you don't make any sudden movements. You do exactly what you are told, when you are told to do it. I'd venture to say that 99% of all cop related deaths would be completely preventable if people just listened.

Sadly, this just seems like another example of people trying to make cops out to be the bad guys. All we know is they were confronted with someone who was, by her sister's own admittance, mentally unstable and feared the cops were there to take her kids away. That person also had a knife. We don't know anything else besides those two facts, but it's safe to assume, she probably wasn't compliant and potentially even attacked them so they defended themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    She was 2-3 months pregnant, you know the same as this other woman:

Kinberly Novaes fought while three months pregnant – and won an MMA title

Maybe you should stop being a sexist shithead and realize women can do everything men can. Including murdering others with a knife.
    Lies. If this were true then why are women and men separate in basically all sporting events? Why do they wear different clothing? Ride different bicycle? Wear different shoes? Use different tennis raquets?

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lies. If this were true then why are women and men separate in basically all sporting events? Why do they wear different clothing? Ride different bicycle? Wear different shoes? Use different tennis raquets?
    Do people realize a knife to the gut is a knife to the gut? It doesn't matter if it's a man or woman, handicapped or not, a knife can easily kill you if it's inserted in the right place. Weapons are used to equal the "playing field" that's unequal through biology so they can't simply be brushed off because of ones sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I am sorry but I can't imagine 2 police getting owned by a woman. I can only guess these were 2 doughnut cops.
    Again I emphasize police did their job. I am not judging they are bad cops or good cops. I think there were other options. That is it.
    Maybe they just didn't want to get stabbed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha! Holding the Police accountable isn't police bashing. Nice try!
    You have neither the training, nor the investigation to base your 'holding them accountable' on; So you are just being dishonest and bashing.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Ha! Holding the Police accountable isn't police bashing. Nice try!
    No you know very well what you're doing. You even bolded specific parts to fit the narrative you like. But that's classic tennisace....just repost some article, bold shit, try to bait an argument....excuse me, "discussion". I have a crazy idea, why not wait to see how the situation resolves? For someone so worried justice is done the 'right' way, you sure aren't going with the whole innocent til proven guilty thing....but why should police officers be given the benefit of the doubt, we should save that for knife wielding, mentally disturbed people, right?
    Last edited by velren; 2017-06-20 at 05:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    And statistically they don't shoot innocent white people more than innocent black people.
    Yyyyyes they do?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ce-yes-but-no/

As far as raw numbers, white people are shot by police much more than minorities, PERCENTAGE wise the numbers are off, but even then white people still make up a full half of police shootings and blacks make up 24% of the numbers in that article
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Quote Originally Posted by Yat-Yas View Post
    Do people realize a knife to the gut is a knife to the gut? It doesn't matter if it's a man or woman, handicapped or not, a knife can easily kill you if it's inserted in the right place. Weapons are used to equal the "playing field" that's unequal through biology so they can't simply be brushed off because of ones sex.
    You are forgetting she was pregnant and deranged (in addition to being a weak small women). Knife wounds mostly just tickle under those circumstances. Though if the cops don't like getting tickled, I can understand why they might shoot.

@Ragedaug which side are you on man, don't play to both sides!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    You are forgetting she was pregnant and deranged (in addition to being a weak small women). Knife wounds mostly just tickle under those circumstances. Though if the cops don't like getting tickled, I can understand why they might shoot.
    Cops who are likely wearing stab vests and are trained in other methods to defend themselves beyond 'aim for center of mass and shoot until they're down'. Not to say that a knife isn't still a major risk, because it is, but you have to wonder why we give them mace and tasers at this point at all...

If they're not trained in other methods, then something is seriously god damn fucked in the system for training our police.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    You have neither the training, nor the investigation to base your 'holding them accountable' on; So you are just being dishonest and bashing.
    Baseless statement. What training would I need to hold the police accountable? In other jurisdictions they subdue black individuals without gunning them down. Did you not see that this woman was the one who called the cops? Yet she ends up dead? How can you support such an outcome!?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    @Ichifails You say you have shit loads of forensic papers. I am sure you have read all kind of accidents happening. But I am sure You have seen successful de-escalation reports too. Why not think about those? How did they do it? Imagine 2x Ichifails vs that woman. How would it end? Surely your knowledge gives you an edge over situations like these right? Don't police get training? How to talk suicidals, mentals, kids etc. I am sure you know much more solutions than me. There is no need to take meds or anything.

Why should we accept your lack of training, your lack of experience, your lack of firsthand knowledge of what was happening, and your obviously bias instead of the training and experience of the officers on the scene?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Cops who are likely wearing stab vests and are trained in other methods to defend themselves beyond 'aim for center of mass and shoot until they're down'. Not to say that a knife isn't still a major risk, because it is, but you have to wonder why we give them mace and tasers at this point at all...

If they're not trained in other methods, then something is seriously god damn fucked in the system for training our police.
    But you don't know how it went down....assumptions and conclusions based off a fraction of what happened. Let the situation be resolved as the investigation concludes....you're just as trigger happy with your assumptions as you seem to think these cops were (based on no fact other then this random article).

Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post

So you are saying there are no weak spots where one might tickle a full armored cop? I'm thinking back of the knees would still be vulnerable to a good tickling.

Baseless statement. What training would I need to hold the police accountable? In other jurisdictions they subdue black individuals without gunning them down. Did you not see that this woman was the one who called the cops? Yet she ends up dead? How can you support such an outcome!?!?
    You realize what you just said? How they "subdue black people" god damn you're biased as fuck. And news flash: none of us know the facts other then a mentally ill woman, with a history of law enforcement encounters, wields knife around police.....and the fact she's black doesn't mean shit except to racist fucks like you.

And I belive a part of his meaning is that you do not know all the facts....you are jumping to conclusions because of your bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    "HELP PLEASE HELP ME THERE IS A BURGULAR WITH A WEAPON!"

Proceeds to stand around with a weapon when the police arrives.
    Gets shot.
    Was shot because she's black.
    Okay guys.

I await the comments telling me that this is not what happened and how the police should of attempted a trick shot to her knee instead.
    No, the suggestion was that they should have shot the knife out of her hand.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    They're only trained to use lethal force. They're not trigger happy, they were confronted with a threat and they handled it according to their training.

As soon as we train the police to use non lethal for minor threats and escalate accordingly, the better.

Likewise, and this is a MASSIVE likewise; People need to start LISTENING to the cops when they're told to do things. You don't ask questions, you don't make any sudden movements. You do exactly what you are told, when you are told to do it. I'd venture to say that 99% of all cop related deaths would be completely preventable if people just listened.

Sadly, this just seems like another example of people trying to make cops out to be the bad guys. All we know is they were confronted with someone who was, by her sister's own admittance, mentally unstable and feared the cops were there to take her kids away. That person also had a knife. We don't know anything else besides those two facts, but it's safe to assume, she probably wasn't compliant and potentially even attacked them so they defended themselves.
    The cops are not the bad guys the lack of any reasonble training standees in America is.