Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    A while ago we had a thread about Community Manager Ornyx calling a player out on the WoW forums for "trolling"

Like a baws! At least there are still some people at Blizzard who know how it's done. Can we haz a Jeff Kaplan clone for the WoW team, pls?
    All I got from that was I need to call out Jeff enough to where he picks on me and gives me a free year of WoW :P

Ornyx did the right thing, Jeff had to back paddle due to his position in the company.

Gotta give that guy a medal for trying out 25% of legion's content.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This whole mentality of "YOU REPRESENT OUR COMPANY, TREAT THE RETARD WITH RESPECT!!!111ONELEVEN" is really really annoying.

Main reason why developers never talk to players, because players are entitled man childs that think their opinion is relevant, as Ornyx and Kaplan pointed out.
    While many players could do with a bit more tact ( and it would certainly help their concerns be heard), one unalterable fact remains: We (in the collective sense) are Blizzard's customers. Without us, they cease to do business. Even when a customer is being a pain, they are still a customer.

Jeff is also a game designer.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Yeaah... I'm rooting for Ornyx, he stands for what he says.

Only shitty little manchildren get so butthurt over someone calling them out on their own bullshit on the internet.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well he was wrong and he apologized. The opinion of a customer who never touched your product before and sees it for the first time is the MOST valuable, because it's a fresh opinion. Someone who played hundreds of matches - meh. They are biased most of the time. And playtests - are overrated, because most of the time the people who show up for that are of poor statistical quality.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Two different people in different roles. The unnecessary apology makes him look weak and feeds the dynamic that people can say or do whatever they want but are always right because they are a customer which is a load of nonsense.

New tactic; talk shit about Blizzard on each and every single one of their games' forums in order for them to get annoyed by you, burst out at you and then buy you a sub or even a game/expansion.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-06-20 at 12:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    it was applied directly to his account by blizzard so it began the moment it was applied.
    They said he could give it to someone else, implying it is in code form.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well at least Mr Kaplan realized he made a mistake and corrected it.
    Ornyx is simply unprofessional and should not work as community manager. Simple as that.
    Why am I not surprised that the Ornyx hate brigade would come marching in throwing their weight around. At least Ornyx's reply does not make them look like a weak willed person, unlike Kaplan who caved in faster than you could say "whipped"..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-06-20 at 12:29 PM.

No one wins. The CMs/devs (not sure what Kaplan falls into) can't respond truthfully without getting equal parts shit and praise. The players don't feel they can lodge feedback because only the loud assholes get responses. The majority of us will continue to avoid the forums and go on with our lives.

Grats to the guy with a free year of WoW, and cheers for another reason to stay off the forums with the incoming deluge of "you gave that guy something, why can't I get something?" posts.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    That was pretty great of Mr. Kaplan. He didn't need to do it, but he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Member when Tigole was just as villianized as Ghostcrawler?
    I member.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    No one wins. The CMs/devs (not sure what Kaplan falls into) can't respond truthfully without getting equal parts shit and praise. The players don't feel they can lodge feedback because only the loud assholes get responses. The majority of us will continue to avoid the forums and go on with our lives.

Grats to the guy with a free year of WoW, and cheers for another reason to stay off the forums with the incoming deluge of "you gave that guy something, why can't I get something?" posts.
    All this does is open the flood gates to more of the same it will serve as a very bad precedent..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    While many players could do with a bit more tact ( and it would certainly help their concerns be heard), one unalterable fact remains: We (in the collective sense) are Blizzard's customers. Without us, they cease to do business. Even when a customer is being a pain, they are still a customer.
    If a company has to rely on catering to every single one of their customers, no matter how pathetic their claims/requests/criticisms are then there is something seriously wrong overall. Admittedly, ignorance would have probably been the better option, but once the statement was made, he definitely should not have caved so pathetically. This now just opens up all kinds of issues of people trying to incite these kinds of statements to get free stuff...

Well done Mr Kaplan!

I like Ornyx more....

Always keeps his word.

Jeff just apologizes cause he feels as if he hurt people's feelings..

Like, I get your feelings, Jeff, I really do. However, show some balls at least. This is your game, you do what you want, and don't allow ANYONE to bash you, or your teams project for non-constructive reasons...

So far, I think Ornyx has it. Just shows a bit more force, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Why am I not surprised that the Ornyx hate brigade would come marching in throwing their weight around. At least Ornyx's reply does not make them look like a weak willed person, unlike Kaplan who caved in faster than you could say "whipped"..
    "hate brigade"? I do not hate him.
    I simply think he is unfit for the job.

Blizzard would be better off with someone more professional.
    Blizzard has nothing to gain from having employees that chase away paying customers after all.