Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by timtim89 View Post
    Fact is two officers responded, Tazers come standard issue. Why couldn't one stopped her with the tazer? other officer being there for the lethal force?
    Cops aren't trained in this way. They respond to lethal threats with lethal force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Wonder why this one wasn't considered 'racist'.
    https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2017/...omestic-viole/
    I find it interesting the article also says a stun gun was found ineffective.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    So, rather than accept reality, you're going to presume the average police officer is Steven Seagal from Under Siege.
    Lol, I mean have you seen Steven Seagal in any movies lately? He could be one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Sure it would. "Officers subdue a black pregnant woman with overly aggressive taser use, causing possible injury/death to her unborn child."
    "Why did they have to use a tazer, they could have just slapped the knife out of her hand."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Have we found out how far along she was in the pregnancy. It could be she wasnt even showing.
    Not yet, maybe she had cabin fever because she was taking care of 4 children and a baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Not yet, maybe she had cabin fever because she was taking care of 4 children and a baby.
    Yeah, I dont get it. Fucking dead beat fathers.

Here is a little more information. It seems the officers did CPR on her.
    The police were at her apartment just a couple weeks before too.

http://komonews.com/news/local/detec...-in-ne-seattle

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by timtim89 View Post
    Fact is two officers responded, Tazers come standard issue. Why couldn't one stopped her with the tazer? other officer being there for the lethal force?
    I doubt they come standard issue. The officer probably has to pay for them out of their own pocket. And then they can only carry them only after they have been properly trained on how to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The average reach of a person 5' tall would be 60" or less. Average height and build would put them at 70" or greater. They could keep 2 feet distance at all times, maybe even hold her head while she tries to swing.
    Its not a given that they could keep her at a distance to get the knife out of her hand. Dont live in a fantasy world. You cant expect every situation to go as planned. Also they are in an enclosed area and dont know the terrain. There may not have been much room to maneuver. You people just need to accept that you dont brandish weapons at people with weapons or your likely to have the weapon used on you.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    History with police? Check.
    Mental health problems? Check.
    Weapon? Check.

Yeah, I wonder why she was shot. Must've been race.
    Give this man a medal. Spot on.

All I see here is police officers taking down an armed,dangerous and mentally unstable person who had past history with the police.

Nothing wrong here

I dont understand why her being black is highlighted, this is why people are racist, no one will let it go

So, I see a simple solution to this madness known as america, send all of the damn police officers on training, make the realize people got FEET, you know.... less fatal places to be shot, or to simply be incapacitated... and then allow them to wear a badge....

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Not complying with a lawful order from law enforcement is super illegal.

Just because she didn't get a sentence doesn't mean she wasn't a criminal from that moment.

Edit: just to make sure every single person here understands: "Put down [item]" is a lawful order, doesn't matter if it's a knife, pillow, baby or cellphone.
    I highly doubt not listening to a cop is illegal in the U.S. If it is then the U.S. Is even more backwards then I thought it was. They were in the right to shoot her but that does not make her a criminal if it does then 90% of mentally ill people who don't comply with cops instantly and don't get shot must all be criminals to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    She became one when she attacked officers. It was also not her first time she called the police.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/19/us/sea...rnd/index.html

Typically, that would be a one-officer call, but there was some information in the system, officers had dealt with this particular unit, this particular caller just recently. There was some hazard information so that prompted a second officer to respond," Jamieson said.
    We don't she attacked them just that she did not drop the weapon and they felt she was a threat. I can't say I disagree as American police are not trained to deal with the mentally ill or knifes really so they delt with the threat the way they were trained. And calling the police does not make you a criminal.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I highly doubt not listening to a cop is illegal in the U.S. If it is then the U.S. Is even more backwards then I thought it was. They were in the right to shoot her but that does not make her a criminal if it does then 90% of mentally ill people who don't comply with cops instantly and don't get shot must all be criminals to.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't she attacked them just that she did not drop the weapon and they felt she was a threat. I can't say I disagree as American police are not trained to deal with the mentally ill or knifes really so they delt with the threat the way they were trained. And calling the police does not make you a criminal.
    It is unlawful to disobey a police officer's lawful orders. If you have a weapon and the officer tells you to drop your weapon and you refuse, yes it is unlawful to do that. And you can be criminally charged with disobeying a lawful order from a police officer, because doing so may endanger other people.

- - - Updated - - -

It is unlawful to not comply to a police officer's lawful command.

By republican standards, the Police officers should be charged with murder anyway since the child inside of her is now dead.

Cause ya know... there was a living being with rights inside of her and all that jazz.

More to the point... Tasers, Pepper Spray, Non-lethal ammunition. Why weren't those used? It's completely understandable that you'd be arming yourself against a potential attacker after being robbed. Police could have easily made their presence known before entering as well.

Like... what the fuck happened to de-escalation training?
    Last edited by Baelic; 2017-06-20 at 05:21 PM.

And calling the police does not make you a criminal.
    Calling the police does not make you a criminal, attacking them does. #commonsense

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is unlawful to disobey a police officer's lawful orders. If you have a weapon and the officer tells you to drop your weapon and you refuse, yes it is unlawful to do that. And you can be criminally charged with disobeying a lawful order from a police officer, because doing so may endanger other people.
    That seems like such a backwards law more so when you think about people with mental illness who might not comply instantly. I'd assume in a lot of cases the person is not charged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Calling the police does not make you a criminal, attacking them does. #commonsense
    We don't know she attcked them. She was a threat sure she could have easily attcked them sure but we don't know she attcked them not that she was an threat.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    More to the point... Tasers, Pepper Spray, Non-lethal ammunition. Why weren't those used? It's completely understandable that you'd be arming yourself against a potential attacker after being robbed. Police could have easily made their presence known before entering as well.

Like... what the fuck happened to de-escalation training?
    1. They were there for a home invasion call. They would likely have entered the premises with firearms drawn.
    2. You do not meet lethal force with less-than-lethal force. A knife is lethal force. If not for point 1, it could be argued that one officer should have attempted tasering, while the other stood by with lethal force in case it was ineffective. That would be purely a judgement call, though.

Edit: Also, the additional information stated by Qualia.
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2017-06-20 at 06:08 PM.

We don't know she attcked them. She was a threat sure she could have easily attcked them sure but we don't know she attcked them not that she was an threat.
    What do you think happened? one of the officers said, "hey I will shoot this woman because she's black, promise not to turn me in?"

"Sure thing bud, KKK all the way"

"Word"