Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When you consume a soul fragment after casting soul barrier does it increase the shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Beatin View Post
    When you consume a soul fragment after casting soul barrier does it increase the shield?
    afaik, yes

Deleted
    It does. /10char

Anybody else seeing *insanely* inconsistent numbers on Spirit Bomb? Just had a 5-soul crit for 289k and I'm very confused.

Most of the time it's fine, just some outliers that are really bizarre

EDIT: Another definitive case, 500k crit with 5 frags. Even at 33% reduction there's definitely something wrong. Sadly I have basically no faith in it being fixed :\
    Last edited by Nahela; 2017-06-21 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    Anybody else seeing *insanely* inconsistent numbers on Spirit Bomb? Just had a 5-soul crit for 289k and I'm very confused.

Most of the time it's fine, just some outliers that are really bizarre

EDIT: Another definitive case, 500k crit with 5 frags. Even at 33% reduction there's definitely something wrong. Sadly I have basically no faith in it being fixed :\
    I can attest that after testings I often have VERY wierd numbers on 5-stacks Spirit Bomb (even crits) that are faaaar below what would be expected (taking into account the 33% nerf of course)

- - - Updated - - -

I have all the VDH legendaries, asking myself which one I upgrade first, what would you do ?

Edit : OK first 970 leg this morning, the bracers that reduce by 8 sec a random sigil CD when you use a skill that is not anymore in your cycle since the patch HAHAHAAA .. sooooo fat .... FUxx
    Last edited by lovingbenji; 2017-06-21 at 09:32 AM.
    Chic Not Geek

Also, as of 6/20, Infernal Strike is sometimes still losing charges on uneven terrain/no path available/etc. Maybe a 4th hotfix will do it.

Munkky, in your guides (and I am on the Icy Veins one right now) you do not even mention Spirit Bomb (highly recommended in the talent page) in the rotations ?!!
    Chic Not Geek

Spirit bomb doesn't change much. Fracture becomes your primary spender and you just use SpB at 4-5 fragments. Soul cleave is used as needed as an emergency heal mostly, though it might be worth using on aoe if you're having issues pain capping. Not 100% on that last point however.

Deleted
    if you have your 4 piece and want to focus a bit more on survival than "muh dps", would you safely be able to skip fracture?

you need to spend 100 pain every 8 seconds to keep that 2x 2000 versatility buff up and that kind of cuts down on your fracture efficiency, maybe just get feed the demon for more spikes survival and 30% physical boost?

Fracture is still very useful to generate Lesser Fragments for the 5% reduc given by the 2p.

Quote Originally Posted by lovingbenji View Post
    Munkky, in your guides (and I am on the Icy Veins one right now) you do not even mention Spirit Bomb (highly recommended in the talent page) in the rotations ?!!
    I updated the wowhead version with this info and will update the icy veins version as well. I made a video to explain how the rotation looks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09E7...vhxf41zvtvzcka

Hello. Whats the stat priority right now for surviving in ToS? Does vers still top mastery?

If you had to choose, what will be your 2 best legs for raiding ? legs & Archimonde ?
    Chic Not Geek

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    if you have your 4 piece and want to focus a bit more on survival than "muh dps", would you safely be able to skip fracture?

you need to spend 100 pain every 8 seconds to keep that 2x 2000 versatility buff up and that kind of cuts down on your fracture efficiency, maybe just get feed the demon for more spikes survival and 30% physical boost?
    You literally get a bigger damage reduction from the soul fragments spawned from Fracture than you do from the 4pc set bonus.

That being said, I imagine the old defensive style with Razor Spikes, Feed the Demon, and Blade Turning combined with mashing Soul Cleave a lot would be viable, just burstier (which is, well, less pleasant). In reality though, the 4pc set bonus is extremely bad. If you're getting the pieces anyway and they're the best you have for the slot, it doesn't hurt, but it's definitely not worth going out of your way for.

Soul Cleave on its own is still useful for emergency healing, I'm seeing ~900/1.8m heals from it and you can doublecast full strength ones on a full pain bar now. But it essentially serves a purpose similar to Fel Devastation now, when you need a pause or a quick pick-me-up.

TL;DR - If you're using Spirit Bomb, you need Fracture. If not, you don't, but I'm not sure the bursty-healing focused build is advisable now that we have a build with extreme damage smoothing.
    Last edited by Nahela; 2017-06-23 at 09:20 PM.

Regardless of Spirit Bomb, you would take Fracture, for reasons you stated about painbringer/smoothness. The "defensive" playstyle is to work around auto consume and spirit bomb being a side thing for the leech healing.

If you had to choose, what will be your 2 best legs for raiding ? legs & Archimonde ?
    Archi/Boots have been working rather well for me, especially when you can IA many ennemies at once. Saved my life more than once on KJ for the Fel Claws !

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Archi/Boots have been working rather well for me, especially when you can IA many ennemies at once. Saved my life more than once on KJ for the Fel Claws !
    Boots are alright for KJ, since they help a lot with getting Brand to lineup with felclaws.

Outside of that fight though, they still feel meh as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Boots are alright for KJ, since they help a lot with getting Brand to lineup with felclaws.

Outside of that fight though, they still feel meh as hell.
    And which one do you use outside of the feet ? ;-)
    Chic Not Geek

Right now I mostly tank with boots and AHR. Caveat: I don't have Prydaz so that's not an option for me. The boots used to help a lot for Spellblade; I could use FB for every Annihilate. Boots are better the more targets you can hit with Immolation Aura. I've only tanked Kil'Jaeden on my pally so far; hoping to tank him on my VDH Monday. Thinking boots won't reduce cd on FB as much with KJ, but then again Prydaz might not be up when needed most even if I had it. We shall see.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit : OK first 970 leg this morning, the bracers that reduce by 8 sec a random sigil CD when you use a skill that is not anymore in your cycle since the patch HAHAHAAA .. sooooo fat .... FUxx
    lol ~ RIP
    But hey, you could have been like me and gotten the shoulders this week.

- - - Updated - - -

My VDH's guild raids tonight and Monday, so hopefully taking my shot at KJ soon. I've tanked him on my pally but not VDH yet.
    What are rotations looking like on KJ? How much pain getting siphoned off for Soul Cleaves? Can we run Infusion (i.e., is it up often enough to help) or do we need Barrier for more uptime? Thanks!
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-06-25 at 11:42 AM.

Archimonde in 100% of situations.

Prydaz in situations with heavy sustained damage that won't waste it.
    Fragment in any aoe situation.(if you can hit multi targets constantly it will start to destroy Prydaz in raw healing)
    Would use cloak if magic damage was an issue, but it doesn't seem like it will be even on mythic.

Belt in most other situations for extra dps. Will probably replace with legs once I get them(got booty ass slayers as first lego post patch).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Thinking boots won't reduce cd on FB as much with KJ
    They do from p2 on when you have spirits to hit.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-25 at 08:19 PM.