Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya I wanted to get this CE but after buying the HW one, I said nope. Even more so since this cost $80 more then the HW one and doesn't come with anything that makes up the price.

It looks good for what it is, But not $200 good.
    Exactly, for 120 euros/usd, it would have been closer to a fine price, but 200 is way overpriced. Not sure what else value was added compared to the Hw CE

Eh, Collector's Editions tend to be overpriced in general and are only worth buying if one has a disposable income and happens to be a huge fan of the game to the point where they don't mind shelling out extra. It's a shame they're no longer bearing the £60-£100 price tag that they once did but it is what it is, I suppose. It's standard practice these days unfortunately.

Deleted
    So I got sucked right into the RDM "thang"

I played with my AST through some MSQs in SB and gave me <insert serious uncurable illness> so I just decided to lvl a deeps class thru. Needless to say I'm 56 in potd farm and roulettes and with macroes and what not is very enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alextros View Post
    Exactly, for 120 euros/usd, it would have been closer to a fine price, but 200 is way overpriced. Not sure what else value was added compared to the Hw CE
    Funny enough I was forced into buying the HW CE. I pre-ordered it and went to cancel said order but never got a reply back so they charged me. Learned that the group running the store isn't Square Enix but some 3rd party group they got.

Was highly annoyed but said w/e. I got both the base game and HW CE's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Eh, Collector's Editions tend to be overpriced in general and are only worth buying if one has a disposable income and happens to be a huge fan of the game to the point where they don't mind shelling out extra. It's a shame they're no longer bearing the £60-£100 price tag that they once did but it is what it is, I suppose. It's standard practice these days unfortunately.
    What I mostly hate is when Physical CE's don't have the game or just have a Digital Download code. Sonic Mania's CE does that and it's priced at £80 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Mania...ds=sonic+mania

I mean look at it. That does not scream £80 to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    And while this is true, the price tag is way above what I would say it should be. I think I have for like 100 euros of value in the box, roughly. A pricetag of 120 or 130 euros would be more appropiate. I dont mind paying more for the CE, but this is double up, and the feel of opening box was great, but I feel ripped off, not paying for exclusivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What I mostly hate is when Physical CE's don't have the game or just have a Digital Download code. Sonic Mania's CE does that and it's priced at £80 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Mania...ds=sonic+mania

I mean look at it. That does not scream £80 to me at all.
    The physical game was in the box though! But I have no 5inch drive bay in my case, nor have an optical drive anymore, so I cant use the CD for anything

Holy shit, got to the quest in Azim Steppe where you hear a full updated version of Cyans theme and nearly choked up a little, its like matoyas cave all over again

Just hit level 65 and I'm really hoping my stint in Othard is over soon. It feels like playing Blade and Soul all over again and all those generic Oriental names are blending into a soup of white noise phonemes that just get filtered out.

I also think we should have a whip round, get some money for the voice actor who played Gosetsu to get a colonoscopy - He really shouldn't be having that much trouble holding his bowels in everytime he says the word "Sam-URRGHAH-ai". Get this man the medical help he needs! .
    Last edited by StrawberryZebra; 2017-06-21 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    finally got to Azim Steppe and its cool to be playing a Xaela and have the npcs say things like "didn't your parents cook this for you in your tribe as a child?" and stuff.
    That's a nice touch; unfortunately for me, there was nothing like that for my character (Highlander) throughout all the questing in Gyr Abania. That's one of the few things I would say disappointed me through the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    Technically you're right. But piercing talon's is as long as the gcd (2.5s), jump's cooldown is 30s. You can spam piercing talon, you can't spam jump.
    Actually, according to the job guide, Piercing Talon's CD is actually 3s, so it has a true cooldown. Just not much of one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Actually, according to the job guide, Piercing Talon's CD is actually 3s, so it has a true cooldown. Just not much of one.
    -_-

yes because that's totally important. its as long as the gd gcd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    That's a nice touch; unfortunately for me, there was nothing like that for my character (Highlander) throughout all the questing in Gyr Abania. That's one of the few things I would say disappointed me through the story.
    I was disappointed when Raen treated me as normal outsider.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    -_-
    yes because that's totally important. its as long as the gd gcd
    Of course it's important. When someone is wrong on the Internet, it's always important.

Seriously, back to your regularly scheduled discussion.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...d033d72da5630c

If true, this actually explains the issues NA has been having vs the rest of the data centers. Would have probably cut down on a ton of the hate (or not, this is the internet) if they had said something days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by xerus View Post
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...d033d72da5630c

If true, this actually explains the issues NA has been having vs the rest of the data centers. Would have probably cut down on a ton of the hate (or not, this is the internet) if they had said something days ago.
    Yep its something we should have known day 1. That means the only issue they have had that was well within there control is the MSQ issue.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I was talking w/ my free company and saying it wouldn't surprise me if they were being DDoSed by some little twit who was pissed off about Cold Steel, or didn't like the WHM changes or something.

Sure enough.

There is a segment of the gaming community who are some of the worst little shits around. It sure seems like a larger segment than you would find in another arbitrary demographic though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    I was talking w/ my free company and saying it wouldn't surprise me if they were being DDoSed by some little twit who was pissed off about Cold Steel, or didn't like the WHM changes or something.

Sure enough.

There is a segment of the gaming community who are some of the worst little shits around. It sure seems like a larger segment than you would find in another arbitrary demographic though.
    Ironically enough, most of the salt now from the healers I see emanates from SCH. MP management is actually a thing now, among other things (actual SCH players feel free to correct me and/or elaborate if desired).

Ironically enough, most of the salt now from the healers I see emanates from SCH. MP management is actually a thing now, among other things (actual SCH players feel free to correct me and/or elaborate if desired).
    Yea. I was just picking a rage discussion at random. I've heard SCH are the most salty atm too.

I'm a SCH, and yes, MP is a thing now. We got our dps smacked with a nerf bat too.

They cut the MP regained from aetherflow in half. I think the MP issues are more gear related though. Tanks are getting hit like trucks, my heals are not as powerful (comparatively to HW endgame), less active regen, and less piety. It will sort itself out with gear though. It already feels a lot better in half tomestone gear at 70.

It also seems to me like warriors are getting hit a lot harder right now. Small arbitrary sample size, and it could be this guy just wasn't that good (or that geared). I saw A LOT of the same people at 70 when it was just me and a handful of others who made it past Cold Steel. I'm sure it's better now. Couldn't play yesterday cause of the DDoS.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Yea. I was just picking a rage discussion at random. I've heard SCH are the most salty atm too.

I'm a SCH, and yes, MP is a thing now. We got our dps smacked with a nerf bat too.

They cut the MP regained from aetherflow in half. I think the MP issues are more gear related though. Tanks are getting hit like trucks, my heals are not as powerful (comparatively to HW endgame), less active regen, and less piety. It will sort itself out with gear though. It already feels a lot better in half tomestone gear at 70.

It also seems to me like warriors are getting hit a lot harder right now. Small arbitrary sample size, and it could be this guy just wasn't that good (or that geared). I saw A LOT of the same people at 70 when it was just me and a handful of others who made it past Cold Steel. I'm sure it's better now. Couldn't play yesterday cause of the DDoS.
    Nope all tanks are getting hit like a truck. I think it's a gear thing though like you said
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Honestly, I can't help but feel the SCH MP issue has been blown out of proportion. The biggest change is that you can no longer be totally reckless with it anymore, which was honestly a needed change - The only real failure condition the job had was not putting out enough healing throughput, which is a horrible way to design a game long term. You quickly get to the point where if every single hit doesn't almost kill the entire raid then it's enough damage to stress healers.

The DPS on the other hand is more noticable, not having that third (and fourth, if you took Aero) DoT makes a huge difference. The nerf to Bane stings too, though I think the SCH was collateral damage in a nerf aimed more at Summoners in this case. That being said, Summoners did get their class direction shifted away from DoT's, where as the Scholar mostly just got more tools to help it do what it already did.