Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And I'm saying people shouldn't be forced to do that. LFR is there for people to use for many reasons, It shouldn't be gated the way it is.

It is amazing that people rather someone unsub then do LFR.
    Forced? Do you understand what a Massively Multiplayer Online game is? Do you understand that a raid is GROUP content? Forcing you to find a group to do group content is an excellent choice, because it's a multiplayer game. There are tons of good single player RPGs you can go play instead, I'd recommend Baldur's Gate :P

Most of the original reasons LFR came out are gone. It actually makes as much sense to remove it. I agree with you it's probably just gated to keep casual players subscribed. And I agree it doesn't need to be gated, but I don't agree that you're trying to avoid playing the game the way it's supposed to be played.

And on the topic of queueing, it would be a shitshow to have heroic queues, especially since the group leader gets randomly assigned. Nothing but wipes and discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    To encourage players branching out into higher than tourist mode. And because it's literally free loot. How is it not fair?
    I wish i could remember the name of the guy who told me yesterday that heroic and below is tourist mode, and only mythic is relevant. As always, it depends on which difficulty you personally run that dictates where the cutoff to "real raiding" lies.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    And yet months after the last wing is released, "actual raiders" are still in there farming.

Obviously LFR is easy, but let's not pretend you can't AFK through normal and clear the place, or buy a heroic/mythic carry and do the same.
    Lets not be pedantic and pretend like you could do that in some random group you just joined either ( a la LFR).
    If you're AFKing your way through normal/heroic, its because you're in a guild group/paid group who is willing to carry you.

A few weeks is one thing, Gating for 2 months is another. I would be fine if it was a month (one wing per week). But 2 months is a dam joke.
    It's two months until KJ wing is released right? First wing is next week or week after?

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Forced? Do you understand what a Massively Multiplayer Online game is?
    Do you because it doesn't mean Must Group With Others via Pugs and Not Queable Systems....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Because LFR drops tier and trinkets and forcing actual raiders to farm it alongside Normal and Heroic while progressing into Mythic is pretty bullshit. Also to milk you guys of your wallets. You want easymode? You gotta wait.

TBH I'm not sure why you want it so bad. Once it's out and you clear it, what's left? You'll clear it instantly and demand more content immediately. Is it actually stimulating to you at all to know you can literally AFK and clear the place?

^. LFR was never meant to be ran repeatedly other than to replace a (really) unlucky slot for normal+ raiders or to get tier/trinkets you simply cannot get from your guild/pug runs. It wasn't meant as actual content that players should be constantly doing.

I'm not against LFR but I'd be 100% against LFR being fully released alongside Normal/Heroic or even Mythic because of the above reasons. You want your free ride? You gotta wait.
    LOL. Hilarious.

What is this the first tier of MoP? Nobody runs LFR for tier or trinkets. If your guild is having you do that, it's garbage. Even with titanforging the chance of getting a TF that huge is so low that it's not worth doing. Shit it's not even worth running NORMAL let alone LFR.

Also LFR players aren't any more likely to unsub than faceroll normal or heroic players. And oh look that right there is 98% of the WoW population. LFR players run LFR until their eyes bleed just like normal and heroic players run their chosen difficulty until their eyes bleed. It's not one and done. Never has been.

There is zero reason at this point to not just release an LFR wing a week starting with the first week of the new raids. But there also is no reason to not just merge LFR and normal and leave it queueable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    It's two months until KJ wing is released right? First wing is next week or week after?
    Week after if I recall right, would have to look again. But KJ doesn't open until Aug 8th.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Go pug it.

Deleted
    How is that fair at all really? You can get max ilvl gear from WQ's that require you to collect squirrel nuts. You can get max ilvl doing NM dungeons.

So its clearly not a issue with gear.

So why is LFR getting gated 2 months when ToS is already being cleared by pugs day 1 and heroic by guilds day 1. It makes zero sense and just shows blizzard is trying to please a few at the cost of many.

Before someone jumps in and just goes "go pug it scrub" or some shit. Those types of reply's are one of the many reasons people avoid LFG and Progression guilds.

At this point and with the current loot system gating LFR the way they do is not needed. My $15 a month holds the same value as anyone elses, So why must my content be gated 2 months to please a small minority.
    EN normal on first day (by pugs within the first 2 hours after release)
    EN heroic on first day
    EN mythic on first day

ToV normal on first day (by pugs within the first 2 hours after release)
    ToV heroic on first day

NH normal on first day (by pugs within a few hours after release)
    NH heroic on first day

ToS normal on first day (by pugs within a few hours after release)
    ToS heroic on first day

Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I wish i could remember the name of the guy who told me yesterday that heroic and below is tourist mode, and only mythic is relevant. As always, it depends on which difficulty you personally run that dictates where the cutoff to "real raiding" lies.
    Yep it was like this all the way back to classic.

If you could only do MC ur a scrub.
    If you could only do Kara ur a scrub.
    If you only did 10man your a scrub.

Same shit repeats itself over and over with this community.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    LOL. Hilarious.

What is this the first tier of MoP? Nobody runs LFR for tier or trinkets. If your guild is having you do that, it's garbage. Even with titanforging the chance of getting a TF that huge is so low that it's not worth doing. Shit it's not even worth running NORMAL let alone LFR.

Also LFR players aren't any more likely to unsub than faceroll normal or heroic players. And oh look that right there is 98% of the WoW population. LFR players run LFR until their eyes bleed just like normal and heroic players run their chosen difficulty until their eyes bleed. It's not one and done. Never has been.

There is zero reason at this point to not just release an LFR wing a week starting with the first week of the new raids. But there also is no reason to not just merge LFR and normal and leave it queueable.
    100% agree.....

You're right, it's terrible. They should remove LFR, something I'm saying as (currently) a non-raiding player. This way, everyone is dissatisfied. LFR is still around to cheapen the raid experience (even more so than 7 bajillion different modes already does), but you also have to wait ages for it to unlock. It's double awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Lets not be pedantic and pretend like you could do that in some random group you just joined either ( a la LFR).
    If you're AFKing your way through normal/heroic, its because you're in a guild group/paid group who is willing to carry you.
    Not at all. My MS is prot, but I have a Fury OS. I didn't AFK through the four heroic NH kills I got, but I wasn't exactly turning anyone's head, and that was a pug. Normal? I nodded off waiting for a NH PUG to repopulate once, woke up when GTFO blared an alarm, and no one said a word.

You can't literally stand there and do nothing in most groups, but let's not pretend that you need to work very hard. And let's also dispel the rumor that half of LFR is AFK. Shit damage? Sure. But they're trying.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Funny because they stated that only the minority saw raids and that's not what they wanted. Hence LFR. Are you really going to blame the sub loss on LFR alone here?
    Of course I don't blame the sub loss on LFR, I'm simply pointing out the facts: the game was fine without LFR. Blizzard wanting more people to see their raids =/= the game not being successful if those people didn't.
    I don't hate LFR, but I do think it should retain it's second class status to actual game content. The Op actually highlights the fact that pugging regular raid content is perfectly feasible with the tools Bliz has given us since LFR was created, and people should be encouraged to play in an environment where not only is there a chance of failure, but there are consequences for trolling or going afk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

IMO LFR,NM and Heroic should be queable
    That would be so funny. LFR works because a) it's so mindlessly easy and b) the "raids" get carried by the better players with more gear and experience from higher versions of the same content. If you could queue for N and H now, it would be a bloodbath. It would just be the scrubs who lack the effort and/or ability to do the content in guild groups and they would not have the help of the players who are doing the content with their guild groups. I'm sure you could get some amazing vids of a bunch of LFRaiders doing heroic maiden lol. Honestly, right now I don't think the type of players who would prefer to queue could get through some of the trash packs on normal.

So you want blizzard to make less money with WoW? You do realize what the outcome of that is right?
    Last thing I saw u post about this was that you are going to unsub till all of LFR is out? What happened with that?

Week after if I recall right, would have to look again. But KJ doesn't open until Aug 8th.
    Then yea, I don't mind to much a week or two between each week is fine,

it's really annoying. but whatever i guess.

raids aren't even a good method of story delivery anyway, since you have to do it with other people.

they should do like swtor and add a solo mode for dungeons and raids. gives no gear, just gives you the story. going solo through the raid with a group of champions embodying the other class leaders and soldiers would be epic, and give blizzard a chance to make the combat a bit more cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    LOL. Hilarious.

And yet over and over in every LFR discussion "hardcore" raiders show up en masse to say it needs to be removed because they "have" to run it each week for those very reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Of course I don't blame the sub loss on LFR, I'm simply pointing out the facts: the game was fine without LFR..
    And yet blizzard openly admits LFR is the reason raid content gets the budget it does. So are you going to ignore that little fact?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Says the guy who repeats the same thread every tier. "Waaaah, can't que for LFR yet, waaah."
    When all you can do is reply like this, that shows I have own this argument.

it also shows how toxic this community can be and why people avoid it.

Deleted
    Should tell you how goddamn easy it is to pug normal then isn't it.