Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dislikes: 296,564

Lolz, this will end up with a worse ratio than the Rebeca Black video.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    But the comment section is all also totally against the video and many of them are useing real names and pictures to represent themselves.
    Hi I'm Bill Gates. And to prove it, once I'm not on mobile, I'll post a picture of myself, Bill Gates.

- - - Updated - - -

When I post on YouTube its always my real name and I have no idea how to change it.
    Fucking lmao.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    lying to push a narrative is propaganda.
    They are lying, to push a narrative, QED - Propaganda.
    There are people presenting bogus claims and mangling the numbers.
    But the video, itself, presents no lie.
    It exposes anecdotal stories and makes two claims at the end.
    -There are 65 million people forced off their homes.
    -Each has a story.
    Both true.
    Though, I take it, you'd argue the first is not related to refugees. But that's the story they're telling: people running off their homes, with a story.

This is just ancient story telling. Just like Down Syndrome kids are the poster child of a larger demographic with learning disabilities. They just happen to be cute or something, and people like watching them working.
    It's the same with refugees: they're the smaller demographic in an interesting story of home deprivation.

Pretending that to be propaganda places a very low bar for what propaganda is.
    I suspect you'd take issue with other low bars for definitions. Typically, in these exchanges, they're things like "racism" or "fascism".

Deleted
    Some people will say that this is not what western people think and it is just a racist troll site that keeps trolling and using pots to like the comments. This is not true. The majority of wmales voted a racist president and the racism is increasing in europe. You cant fool us with excuzes. We know that most of you likes on comments that is pure hatred and racism.

I have screenshot the comments and i am going to show them to EVERY single muslim i know. Good job and keep the comments coming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Accepting refugees from tragically war torn parts of the world is the morally right thing to do in my opinion. It is of utmost importance that we integrate them into our cultures as best we can. This is also a separate case than immigration
    Trouble is as it has been proven many times...they expect us to integrate into their culture...which is a problem for many. They're guests and they act like we should bend over backwards for them...

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Therein lies the issue, the desire to force your values and culture onto others, when you can simply not partake in them. If you want to be an anti-gay bigot, fine. Just don't try and legislate your beliefs. You are still free to dislike them, and they are still free to carry out their lives how they see fit. The same goes for your intolerance of other cultures. Once again, if you don't like something, do not partake in it. Simply having a different culture does not cause harm. Having different values does not cause harm. There are plenty of cultures and values I do not hold, but I do not wish to restrict any action which does not cause harm. Your values seem to lean towards the oppressive and authoritarian, which is the actual issue.

Multiculturalism (whatever that is even supposed to mean) did not fail, it simply pointed out who the hateful people are. It really is simple, it's not about forcing multiple cultures onto others, it's about not trying to stop other cultures from existing. It doesn't impact your life in any way, if someone in this country has different beliefs. It only impacts your life, if you let it bother you, or if they try and force those beliefs onto you.
    I'll do what I like, legislative efforts or otherwise. You want a handkerchief?

It's not about wishing to not partake, but you clearly don't get that. I've told you the ideal and the framework before.

You're spouting little feelgood partisanship, which is fine in a little feelsgood partisan land which is of course not what we have here.

My values seem to lean towards oppressive and authoritarian because you can't identify them as anything but that.

Multiculturalism has failed, even Mrs. Merkel has said so and that's about as damning an admission as it gets. The rest of your last paragraph is grade school shit and not worth my time.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some white people are terrorists, as are many natives. I guess you should not allow them entry, just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Some people born here (of varying religions) are terrorists. Should we ban citizens having children until we can discern which will and will not become a terrorist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Some gun owners murder people. There's no way to discern what gun owners might decide to shoot their wife, or girlfriend, or kids, or random strangers. So we should allow nobody to own guns....that is your view, right?
    1. I wasn't even making the argument, just pointing it out.

2. I enjoy how EVERY argument against it is a strawman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    There are people presenting bogus claims and mangling the numbers.
    But the video, itself, presents no lie.
    It, in and of itself, is a lie.
    Look at the number of female's to males for one.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how do I change it? I crawled through all the settings. I never even gave them my real name on YouTube. Google pulled it from my gmail account.
    Settings > Overview > "Edit on Google" next to channel name

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    It, in and of itself, is a lie.
    Look at the number of female's to males for one.
    Anecdotal stories, like I said. Not lies.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

I'm simply trying to make sure people are consistent in their application of logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    I'll do what I like, legislative efforts or otherwise. You want a handkerchief?

It's not about wishing to not partake, but you clearly don't get that. I've told you the ideal and the framework before.

You're spouting little feelgood partisanship, which is fine in a little feelsgood partisan land which is of course not what we have here.

My values seem to lean towards oppressive and authoritarian because you can't identify them as anything but that.

Multiculturalism has failed, even Mrs. Merkel has said so and that's about as damning an admission as it gets. The rest of your last paragraph is grade school shit and not worth my time.
    Like I said, then don't get pissy when people call you thinks like homophobe, authoritarian, xenophobe, racist, fascist, or whatever. You certainly aren't doing anything to actually dispel such adjectives. It's a shame you hate freedom so much, but not too surprising.

Your first statement proves my point for me, it is absolutely authoritarian and oppressive, I'm not sure why you even try and dispute or dodge it, sad! You don't like other people, for a litany of reasons. It may be their sexuality, their color, ethnicity, culture, values, and you want to make sure that you are able to control all of those things. The good thing is, you don't get to complain when others do the same to you, because that would make you a hypocrite. The more you complain about other cultures invading upon yours, the more of a hypocrite you become. Thanks for that, I do enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy in others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm simply trying to make sure people are consistent in their application of logic.
    "We already have terrorists, might as well let some more terrorists in..."

Yeah, really sound logic there, champ.

"We already have terrorists, might as well let some more terrorists in..."

Yeah, really sound logic there, champ.
    That's not it at all. If you are going to try and judge an entire group by the actions of some, then be consistent. Should we take guns away from white people, because they seemingly want to shoot up churches and Planned Parenthood? Should we take them away from young, black males, because they are more likely to commit homicides? Let's go further, and ban police officers from getting married, or having children, because they are 2-4 times more likely to commit domestic abuse. Generally, people have no problem sacrificing liberty for security, so long as it's someone else's liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Anecdotal stories, like I said. Not lies.
    Oh come on, it is a tearjerker with brushed up, handpicked demographics largely unrelated to the reality of who arrives on europes shores. I dare you to deny this being propaganda when I apply the exact same techniques in a different case: I pick the ugliest, hook nosed mentaly ill zionist jew in europe, preferably one with a history of priors in financial crime thats willing to step in front of a camera and present him as representative joe schlomo of a group very loosely related to him. You should get it by now, because we've been there already.

The fact is that the majority of arrivals isnt being individually persecuted or from wartorn regions either, they majority is escaping various degrees of relative poverty. That is why it is a LIE to call them refugees, which is a clearly defined term. They are soldiers of fortune, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    Oh come on, it is a tearjerker with brushed up, handpicked demographics largely unrelated to the reality of who arrives on europes shores. I dare you to deny this being propaganda when I apply the exact same techniques in a different case: I pick the ugliest, hook nosed mentaly ill zionist jew in europe, preferably one with a history of priors in financial crime thats willing to step in front of a camera and present him as representative joe schlomo of a group very loosely related to him. You should get it by now, because we've been there already.

The fact is that the majority of arrivals isnt being individually persecuted or from wartorn regions either, they majority is escaping various degrees of relative poverty. That is why it is a LIE to call them refugees, which is a clearly defined term. They are soldiers of fortune, plain and simple.
    And the vast majority are not terrorists, and are simply searching for a better life. Of course, that's also not what many would have us believe, is it?

Of course the video is propaganda, almost everything pushed on these pages is propaganda.

The arguments against it aren't straw men. The argument against it is that the benefit of the ban is infinitesimal compared to the cost, at least when it comes to humanity in general. Now, if you aren't approaching it from a humanitarian standpoint, and solely from a US citizen-only standpoint, the cost to benefit ratio is closer, but still not just unilaterally one sided.

Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    The youtube comments are fucking hilarious.
    and the huge amount of dislikes compared to likes. Its pretty savage on that comment section.

Like I said, then don't get pissy when people call you thinks like homophobe, authoritarian, xenophobe, racist, fascist, or whatever. You certainly aren't doing anything to actually dispel such adjectives. It's a shame you hate freedom so much, but not too surprising.

Your first statement proves my point for me, it is absolutely authoritarian and oppressive, I'm not sure why you even try and dispute or dodge it, sad! You don't like other people, for a litany of reasons. It may be their sexuality, their color, ethnicity, culture, values, and you want to make sure that you are able to control all of those things. The good thing is, you don't get to complain when others do the same to you, because that would make you a hypocrite. The more you complain about other cultures invading upon yours, the more of a hypocrite you become. Thanks for that, I do enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy in others.
    When they call me those things, they're wrong. So there's no reason not to get 'pissy' about it.

I don't hate freedom, I hate your notion of it which is foolish, trivial and fickle.

My first statement wasn't authoritarian and oppressive, it was dismissive. That I didn't bow to your supposed wisdom is something you consider authoritarian and oppressive? Who is the authoritarian now?

I like people, thus my points of view and values. I'm not a misanthrope. "It may be their sexuality, color, ethnicity, blah blah" is such shit, I don't want to control any of that, I want each to flourish in their own way, separate and distinct and not growing together and like offset plants choking each other out of existence and stagnating each others' growth. But you've continually shown you have no ability to even comprehend this.

There's no hypocrisy here, but since you're wrong about everything else go figure.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not it at all. If you are going to try and judge an entire group by the actions of some, then be consistent. Should we take guns away from white people, because they seemingly want to shoot up churches and Planned Parenthood? Should we take them away from young, black males, because they are more likely to commit homicides? Let's go further, and ban police officers from getting married, or having children, because they are 2-4 times more likely to commit domestic abuse. Generally, people have no problem sacrificing liberty for security, so long as it's someone else's liberty.
    Piling on more straw man arguments doesn't somehow make your argument stronger, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    When they call me those things, they're wrong. So there's no reason not to get 'pissy' about it.

I don't hate freedom, I hate your notion of it which is foolish, trivial and fickle.

My first statement wasn't authoritarian and oppressive, it was dismissive. That I didn't bow to your supposed wisdom is something you consider authoritarian and oppressive? Who is the authoritarian now?

I like people, thus my points of view and values. I'm not a misanthrope. "It may be their sexuality, color, ethnicity, blah blah" is such shit, I don't want to control any of that, I want each to flourish in their own way, separate and distinct and not growing together and like offset plants choking each other out of existence and stagnating each others' growth. But you've continually shown you have no ability to even comprehend this.

There's no hypocrisy here, but since you're wrong about everything else go figure.
    How are they actually wrong? You have stated your opposition to some of them, which shows you clearly have an intolerance towards them. If you claim to want to legislate your beliefs, and oppress others, then you are an authoritarian. Are you saying you have no desire to use force to stop gay marriage, or limit other people and cultures from coming to your country?

How do you plan on keeping them separate, if not with force? So, apparently you don't have a problem with any of those things, so long as they are kept as far away from you as possible... got it.

- - - Updated - - -

Piling on more straw man arguments doesn't somehow make your argument stronger, you know.
    It's not a straw man, sorry. I'm simply wanting to make sure people are using logical consistency.

Speaking of straw man... "We already have terrorists, might as well let some more terrorists in..."

Sound familiar?