Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Because there is hardly any incentive in doing mythic and for those of us that don't care about it it's not really content.

edit: To adress the whole "you havn't done it unless you've done it on mythic" I've done plenty and it's NOT anything special. Hell, mythic dungeons are more interesting than the raids.
    You can say that until you are blue in the face, but it doesn't change the fact that mythic is content. Regardless if you think it is or isn't because you don't care about it, the fact is that mythic is content.
    Anytime someone states there is hardly any incentive to do mythic like you just did, I want you and everyone else to go to forums like what JTbrig posts about how they want access to the exact same rewards that mythic raiders have and let them know that.
    It also doesn't matter whether you find "plenty" as something special or not, still does not change what content is.
    People choose not to do it, and that's completely fine; but, don't choose not to do content and then complain there is no content to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Difficulty levels are not content. When I play a AAA game on Easy, then Normal, then Nightmare I'm not playing a different game each time I'm playing the same game on different difficulty levels. Aside from times when there are extra bosses in Mythic, Mythic is NOT different content. It's a harder version of the same content.
    Yet it is new content. You have access to new boss mechanics, new achievements, new gear, and on some even extra phases. That is CONTENT, the very thing you are trying to state doesn't exist.
    Also, some of those games you talk about do have new things between difficulties. Take RE7, for instance. Between easy-hard, there are enemies in different locations, some new ones in areas that don't exist on power difficulties, and access to new unlocks. That is content. Yeah, you're playing on a harder difficulty, but things have changed and also requires new ways to do things (at times).
    Also, see above to the last person I responded to about new content on mythic difficulty.

Deleted
    There are always master pet tamers looking for hard pvp battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    Funny thing is - you outgear everything so fast in Legion leading to heroic is like flex SoO difficulty in MoP. Why normal even exists? Clearly for mindless titanforge and ap farm, which is cancer for raiding.
    normal has very vital part in game - it doesnt play vital part only here on mmochamp where eveyr other person is 920+ 10/10 mythic raider with 12 inch e-pen etc etc.

in real world its content done by shitload of guilds and casual/social people

bashing normal is like bashing lfr - proving nothing but one's stupidity as those 2 are the 2 most popular raid modes making up for content for 85 % of raiders who are not interested in anything but lfr/normal.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    normal has very vital part in game - it doesnt play vital part only here on mmochamp where eveyr other person is 920+ 10/10 mythic raider with 12 inch e-pen etc etc.

in real world its content done by shitload of guilds and casual/social people

bashing normal is like bashing lfr - proving nothing but one's stupidity as those 2 are the 2 most popular raid modes making up for content for 85 % of raiders who are not interested in anything but lfr/normal.
    Yet somehow I never see normal-only guilds recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Yet somehow I never see normal-only guilds recruiting.
    Probably because normal is content mostly for pugs. With guild, coordination, and at least a quarter of a brain, you should be doing at least heroic, even being undergeared, and mythic, if you have gear and at least half a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    So what exactly you could do in Tanaan that was better than Legion?

Farm apexis, savage claws - same stuff, we just have different currencies.
    Farm reps - same stuff, plus WOD reps were pinnacle of boredom, and now we have paragon reps.
    Camp doomroller for 1% chance for mount - we still have rare drop chance mounts to farm.
    Do fill the bar dailies - we have now WQ, same thing, just more of them.
    Farm rares for baleful tokens - we have rares on broken shore and dauntless tokens.
    Farm achievements - we have them now too.
    Do pet battle dailies - we have them now as well.
    World boss - we have more of them now.

So what exactly Tanaan had that people praise it now?

Is it that time of the year already "remember WOD, that was a cool expansion"? I thought people claimed WOD was the worst thing to happen to WOW?

Most MMOs are either grind shit and gank people or spam dungeons / raids / scenarios (or similar type of group content). Some have more organized pvp and concentrate on that.

Challenging open world content is an oxymoron, world content is always either a mass zerg (like Guild Wars 2 world bosses / events) or a griefing fiesta if the MMO has open world pvp.
    I agree. I'm taking a break from WoW (may be forever, we'll see) and started playing Black Desert. It really doesn't have a structured endgame like WoW. There is organized PVP, but for people who aren't into that, endgame mostly consist of getting geared up (from grinding and crafting the gear yourself or by buying it from the marketplace) or life skills (professions). Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, but I'm not sure I'll say that forever.

Almost everything I've done so far in this game so far could be done solo. As mentioned though, I'm not sure if grinding/professions can be considered long-term activities (maybe the professions in it can because there's a lot of progression there unlike in WoW).

Quote Originally Posted by Okatan View Post
    But if Nightmare difficulty makes you play the game in a different way and adds new mechanics or new phases, it is content. Because you have never played the game in that way and you have to do it different so it is new for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is not a whole new fight. But it is a whole new experience because you haven't done the fight in that way or never seen the Mythic only phase or never had to deal with new mechanic it brings to the table.
    nostalgia big here but i havent seen an actually new mechanic since they decided vehicle-like fights were too hard for the populace, nor an interesting idea since SOO. the engine is 13 years old. it can only do so much. theyve done a lot with it, but its still dont stand here, nuke this first, blow cooldowns there.

blizz is the house of iteration and polish, not innovation.

davidbane123

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Never liked this locust attitude.

*devours everything in no time* "OMG, THERE IS NO CONTENT NOW!"
    When 7.2 came out there wasn't jack or shit to devour...

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I mean, it's not like 10N back in Wrath was much harder today's Normal. And that allowed you to see the entire raid.
    Normal back then felt (to me) about how H feels now, with current H being more like LK Mythic.
    But that's subjective and it's been a few years so who knows? May have more to do with my progress as a player?

Quote Originally Posted by Vidget View Post
    What's the point in that though? Sure you get better gear but gear to do what exactly? If you've cleared the raid you've cleared the raid, no matter where you choose to place the difficulty slider. And gear isn't really something you need to factor in to your progress anymore.
    Does no one care about the since of accomplishment anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    What? That makes no fucking sense and is some elitist bullshit of the highest level.

"If you're not playing Champions League you might as well retire, it's the same as watching football on TV. You're a fake athlete, sad".

The one thing about WoW that never ceases to amaze me is how nolifers living in mom & dad their basement, living off unemployment benefits, fast food and soft drinks, have developed such an elite attitude ingame because they play 12 h per day, 7 days per week. I'm pretty sure it's a psychologically destructive form of escapism, creating an ingame persona that is completely different from reality, reinforcing the feeling that they are actually doing something with their lives because they are raiding Mythic and not Heroic.
    Is there a reason you feel a need to stereotype those who disagree with you? I don't know everyone on my raid team yet (joined a couple of weeks ago), but I work full time and most of them talk about jobs. Our RL is a doctor. None of us would be satisfied with clearing Normal, and we hope to be in Mythic no later than July.

I would never denigrate those who choose to enjoy the game differently than I do, regardless of what level they play it on. I would argue that completing content on a level that is challenging for YOU is the best way to enjoy it, as it's supposed to be about heroes completing challenging save-the-world type adventures. But hey, if someone wants to avoid any content they can't faceroll, that's on them. And if they run out of faceroll content and want to complain about it - if complaining is what they enjoy - guess that's on them too.

Let us say, just as a thought experiment, that Blizz created a version of the raids targeted at 5 year-olds. Let's say it had same visuals, but you could complete that version using no more than 2 buttons and without really understanding any of the bosses. Would completing that feel to you like you had completed the content? If not, why not? Probably because you're not 5yo and it would be boring to do it like that. OP says Normal was too easy; I'd suggest that OP set his goals on completing it at a level that challenges him(her).

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Normal back then felt (to me) about how H feels now, with current H being more like LK Mythic.
    But that's subjective and it's been a few years so who knows? May have more to do with my progress as a player?
    I only did a bit of 10N, but I was clueless back then and it was still fairly easy. I remember constantly getting hit by spikes on Marrowgar or tunneling Lady, and the groups I was in still downed bosses with little to no deaths. I'm pretty certain 10N is easier than current day Heroic overall, difficulty starts to ramp up once you're at Mistress, and most pugs will already shatter upon Inquisition until gear levels go up.

Mythic is the only relevant content if you aren´t doing it you are just bragging about drought content and shouldnt even be posting here... thats why i miss BC where casuals could not even step in end game content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    You can say that until you are blue in the face, but it doesn't change the fact that mythic is content. Regardless if you think it is or isn't because you don't care about it, the fact is that mythic is content.
    Anytime someone states there is hardly any incentive to do mythic like you just did, I want you and everyone else to go to forums like what JTbrig posts about how they want access to the exact same rewards that mythic raiders have and let them know that.
    It also doesn't matter whether you find "plenty" as something special or not, still does not change what content is.
    People choose not to do it, and that's completely fine; but, don't choose not to do content and then complain there is no content to do.
    1. I'm not complaining im simply stating my opinion. You disagree that's fine no worries.
    2. I don't want access to the same rewards, thats not my objective in the game anyway.
    3. I said it wasn't special enough to be an incentive to do - which it aint. Thus for me(and people like me) it isn't content period.

Quote Originally Posted by meumaxu View Post
    Mythic is the only relevant content if you aren´t doing it you are just bragging about drought content and shouldnt even be posting here... thats why i miss BC where casuals could not even step in end game content
    You have to be a mythic raider now to post here? awww how I do adore little kids like you.

Oh btw... noone is bragging about content drought genius..
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2017-06-22 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meumaxu View Post
    Mythic is the only relevant content
    Wrong. I mean statistically for most people you are dead wrong.

According to wowprogress.com 37% have cleared Heroic Gul'dan but only 20% have cleared Mythic Skorpyron. The gap grows larger as you go down in raid tiers, ToV, and EN such that almost twice as many have killed Heroic Xavius as have killed Mythic Nythendra (60% vs 32% respectively).

This suggests that there is somewhere around 17%-30% of people who are raiders that realistically don't care about Mythic level content. For them it is essentially non-content.

It also suggests that roughly 68% of all players don't even care at all about Mythic raiding (based on the percentage of Nythendra kills)...which btw is a majority.

Basically for most people...more raid difficulties=/= more content
    Last edited by Zylos; 2017-06-22 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    why you not responding in a way he'd see tho
    Because it doesn't matter what I say, instagratgamers don't know self control or how to actually enjoy the game, they can only complain. I am not going to waste my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Because it doesn't matter what I say, instagratgamers don't know self control or how to actually enjoy the game, they can only complain. I am not going to waste my time.
    I don't think you can pretend your time is very valuable if you're here with the rest of us trash tbh.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okatan View Post
    I'm just saying that you won't see the Georgia if you go to Florida from Alabama. They are both different experiences. And you won't experience the full adventure until you do both of them.

So in a way Heroic is going to Florida through Georgia and Mythic is going through Alabama. If you say "I've been in Georgia and i don't wanna go to Georgia again. Fuck this i can't go to Florida anymore." you are not even considering about going through Alabama. So you have an adventure with 2 ways and you are not even considering the 2nd way which is a whole new exprience and you bitch about that you can't go to Florida while there is a whole new way to go to Florida.

TL;DR: You are not experiencing the content if you don't do it on Mythic because Mythic is a whole another experience. So you have content, but you are not willing to do it because you don't have the time, you don't care about it, it's too hard etc.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just trying to say that you still have content to do after you've cleared Normal. You have Heroic and Mythic which are the whole new experiences because new mechanics, actually need of paying attention to mechanics, extra phases etc. After you've killed last boss of a raid on Mythic, then you have done all the content because you have nothing new to do in the raid.

- - - Updated - - -

That won't work because people will get bored if they can't kill the Mythic KJ long enough. That doesn't mean you have nothing to do in the raid after you've killed him on normal or heroic.

- - - Updated - - -

For them yes. But techincally you have content. So you can't bitch about that there is a content drought. You just don't want to do the content. I'm not saying they are not count as raiding.
    You really can't count a jump up in difficulty as "new content." - It's still the same fight that's just more punishing. It's like saying you can't beat a single player game until you've done it on the hardest difficulty and gotten the 100% achievement or something. People aren't meant to move up to Mythic, or Heroic, or whatever. They're meant to have their difficulty that they're comfortable clearing and when they're done they're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I only did a bit of 10N, but I was clueless back then and it was still fairly easy. I remember constantly getting hit by spikes on Marrowgar or tunneling Lady, and the groups I was in still downed bosses with little to no deaths. I'm pretty certain 10N is easier than current day Heroic overall, difficulty starts to ramp up once you're at Mistress, and most pugs will already shatter upon Inquisition until gear levels go up.
    Back then, I mostly remember progressing on Syndragosa and the Lich King himself. Just getting Syndragosa down and making it to the Frozen Throne is one of my favorite WoW memories, although in reflection that had more to do with our raid team coming together than the fight itself. We recruited and organized around that fight. By the time we made it to Lich King, we had a team capable of eventually getting him.

i don't know what else the OP expected from a raid patch. Choosing and cherry-picking things to do doesn't mean the game lacks content. Name me any game or MMO out there that can keep up with the speed of players consuming content , never mind the ones doing a small portion and calling it a day. You cant.
    Last edited by corebit; 2017-06-22 at 11:07 PM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals