Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The moment the left started talking about 72 genders is the moment they stopped being the "YEAH WE SCIENCE NOW!" party.
    1> Gender isn't a scientific concept in the first place; it's cultural.
    2> If you meant biological sex, then science is pretty clear that it's non-binary to begin with.

there are only 2 genders and only 1 RATIONAL theory of how we got to where we now ( evolution)

Deleted
    So, what are they teaching this time around?

Great Kebab God created the world?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    How is that a strawmen? I am happy to concede that is quite off topic since the focus should be turkey, but people pushing for 72 genders is as anti-science as people pushing against evolution.
    The strawman is asserting that the majority or a significant number of people on the left are pushing for 72 genders.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Darth Dracula isn't making a logical argument, they're using a logical fallacy to malign the left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    2> If you meant biological sex, then science is pretty clear that it's non-binary to begin with.
    Battle of the terms... even hospitals refer to what you call biological sex as gender.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The strawman is asserting that the majority or a significant number of people on the left are pushing for 72 genders.
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman

Darth Dracula isn't making a logical argument, they're using a logical fallacy to malign the left.
    To be fair the majority of heavy voices on the left are saying that and more importantly, ONLY the left is pushing for that.

If there are people on the left unhappy about this, they are sure as hell keeping quiet (or moving to other parties).

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair the majority of heavy voices on the left are saying that and more importantly, ONLY the left is pushing for that.

If there are people on the left unhappy about this, they are sure as hell keeping quiet (or moving to other parties).
    And you're apparently hopping on board with the logical fallacy. I suppose it would be rather disingenuous, were I to attempt to argue with you at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

7+ Year Old Account
    When you say biological sex is non-binary, are you including people with XXY and similar chromosomal make ups?

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    And you're apparently hopping on board with the logical fallacy. I suppose it would be rather disingenuous, were I to attempt to argue with you at this point.
    I disagree it is a fallacy, if 99% of people on who vote for the left are against that and still their elected representatives push for it in when in positions of power, does that make a difference?
    Last edited by Knolan; 2017-06-23 at 03:56 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I disagree it is a fallacy, if 99% of people on who vote for the left are against that and still their elected representatives push for it in when in positions of power, does that make a difference?
    Can you demonstrate any of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    Can you demonstrate any of that?
    Demonstrate what exactly, that leftist are the ones pushing progressive values? That I surely can.

How is that a strawmen? I am happy to concede that is quite off topic since the focus should be turkey, but people pushing for 72 genders is as anti-science as people pushing against evolution.
    Saying "72 genders" is being "pushed for."
    Saying it is "anti-science" just because it goes against what you want science to say.
    Saying it's only an issue for "the left."
    Saying "the left" is "a party."

It's like saying that you're being on the right means you believe in a heliocentric universe but think evolution, climate change and the rights of others to pursue happiness in ways you object to are all wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess Turkey doesn't need any of that medical technology using new tools based on the concept of evolution.

Deleted
    Will be interesting to see where Turkey is ging to be in 5-10 years from now. Can a country actually throw itself a 100 years back in time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Will be interesting to see where Turkey is ging to be in 5-10 years from now. Can a country actually throw itself a 100 years back in time?
    Well the US is currently going for 50. Maybe Turkey can top us?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I mean that would be close to Ataturks reign, so that would almost mean they'd actually progress.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Demonstrate what exactly, that leftist are the ones pushing progressive values? That I surely can.
    What a response. Quite telling on whether or not you're going to have a conversation or going off talking points given to you.

Dhrizzle identified the things I was alluding to. The various claims you made in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Turkey is like Alabama.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Well the US is currently going for 50. Maybe Turkey can top us?
    US is going back in time he says, all the while, in the US the greatest advances in space travel, Technology, scientific research, and the easiest access to higher education is taking place. But please, keep defending Turkey lmfao, what a fucking joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Turkey is like Alabama.
    agreed 100%

- - - Updated - - -

Also, i agree that there is a massive difference between gender identity and biological sex. However, I can agree on the gender "fluidity" debate, people can certainly be born in the wrong body, this has been proven with a lot of scientific research on the brain. However, fluidity would mean the same as liquidity, or easy of transfer to a different medium. A lot of animals are able to change sex based on their environments, while humans are not, we require extensive sexual reassignment surgery, making it not liquid at all. When i think fluid, i think of it in terms of how frogs, and other reptiles have ease of sex changes.

Biological sex is 100% based on your genitals to be crass, gender identity is how your brain perceives you. Male genitals produce test, while the female body is almost 100% devoid of test. Huge biological differences here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    US is going back in time he says, all the while, in the US the greatest advances in space travel, Technology, scientific research, and the easiest access to higher education is taking place. But please, keep defending Turkey lmfao, what a fucking joke.
    I wasn't defending Turkey, I was making a sarcastic comment.
    Putin khuliyo

5+ Year Old Account
    Some of these nations (and US states like Mississippi) are inhabited by many people whose ideas sometimes seem make a great case against evolution. Awful, awful people who run them.

Here is small clip Steven Weinberg who was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics back in 1979 speaking on science education in these Muslim countries and how they reject it because it's corrosive to their religion. It's taken from BBC's "The Atheism Tapes" and can be found on youtube by simply searching for it. Aside that, in a way it's somewhat a good thing they shun science and instead place so much emphasis on their mysticism and using it to control their populations and whatnot. I don't want them to compete like they did back in the Middle Ages when they were quite advanced with science and technology. So as far as Turkey not teaching evolution, I say good. If I had it my way they wouldn't teach math, history or anything at all and stay stuck in the "stone ages."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGkspQwr4m8&t=2m35s