Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wapo is trash and a paywall and your other link its just irrelevant nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by vhatever View Post
    says the usual trumpist. Man your new and refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Because it's reasonable for the cop to have believed Castile was pulling out his gun.

The prosecution argued “unreasonable fear cannot justify the use of deadly force. The use of deadly force must be objectively reasonable and necessary, given the totality of the circumstances.”

Looking at the situation after the fact is not the same thing as evaluating actions taken during the situation as it occurred.
    I'm aware. I still think there were actions the cop could have taken before putting 4+ shots into the guys chest...especially after he just asked him to grab his license and registration. Many folks carry their license in their wallets, and many men carry their wallets in their back pocket (as was the case with Castile), why would it be unreasonable to think he was grabbing for his wallet as was requested rather than his gun?

There were options, that's all I'm saying, several of them that both sides could have used and didn't and now Castile is dead because of it.

Do you guys not realize that you just look like frustrated children stomping your feet when you whine that everything is fake news?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Do you guys not realize that you just look like frustrated children stomping your feet when you whine that everything is fake news?
    Well to a racist everything is antifa =D

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    says the usual trumpist. Man your new and refreshing.
    Nice grammar.

He did not do as he was told. Stop god damn lying because the facts don't agree with your racist bigotry.
    He was told not to reach for his gun, and based on the ballistics evidence we know he wasn't reaching for his gun, so what did he do wrong?
    -ynnady

Nice grammar.
    Man nice burn.

Question: Why are you using a throwaway account to racist troll mmo-c? You won't do it from your real one? Are you such a wimp?

Man nice burn.
    Says the dude who calls me a "trumpist" for no apparent reason. And it's the entirety of your post. Wow. You aren't worth anyone's time.

He did not do as he was told. Stop god damn lying because the facts don't agree with your racist bigotry.
    What did he state that was 'racist'?
    What did he state that was 'bigotry'?

He was told not to reach for his gun, and based on the ballistics evidence we know he wasn't reaching for his gun, so what did he do wrong?
    Your imagination doesn't count as "ballistics evidence".
    Last edited by vhatever; 2017-06-26 at 03:32 PM.

Since y'all (mostly y'all) are just talking outta your ass. There is some knowledge for you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...hootings-2016/

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/fact...cb16-ff01.html

As you can clearly see, the (bad apples) cops shoot a lot of people each years, but per capita, they do shoot way more minorities than whites.

Enjoy your hidden racism.
    Can't read your link. Must have sub.
    Besides I already know the stats, over 2x as many whites are shot than blacks. Your argument is there are less blacks than per capita than whites though.
    My counter-argument is there are more blacks doing crimes than whites, arrest records prove this. You counter-argument will be something along the lines that is because if "racism".
    Last edited by Allybeboba; 2017-06-26 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    What did he state that was 'racist'?
    What did he state that was 'bigotry'?
    This whole narrative is racist. And it's bigoted because he doesn't care about the actual facts as they were revealed.

Your imagination doesn't count as "basaltic evidence".
    Actually there was ballistics evidence as part of the trial, which showed that his hand was near his left pocket when he was shot, and the gun was in his right pocket. I'm sorry that I expected you to know the basics of this case that you have decided to share your strong opinions on.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Can't read your link. Must have sub.
    Besides I already know the stats, over 2x as many whites are shot than blacks. Your argument is there are less blacks than per capita than whites though.
    My counter-argument is there are more blacks doing crimes than whites, arrest records prove this. You counter-argument will be something along the lines that is because if "racism".
    Maybe its geolocked... Fine from here.

Google the definition "per capita". Are you really that stupid?

465 whites
    233 african-american
    262 other/unknow

The US census show 45m as of 2013... which isn't 1/4 of the 350m+ US pop.

Enjoy your white privilege.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-06-27 at 03:24 PM.

Maybe its geolocked... Fine from here.
    Lots of us can't see Washington Post articles on mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I'm aware. I still think there were actions the cop could have taken before putting 4+ shots into the guys chest...especially after he just asked him to grab his license and registration. Many folks carry their license in their wallets, and many men carry their wallets in their back pocket (as was the case with Castile), why would it be unreasonable to think he was grabbing for his wallet as was requested rather than his gun?

There were options, that's all I'm saying, several of them that both sides could have used and didn't and now Castile is dead because of it.
    That's why I said that evaluating the situation after the fact is not the same thing as evaluating it as it happened.

A lot of things could have occurred differently, but, they didn't. All that matters is whether or not the cop's actions were reasonable, and it seems pretty clear they were. He had just a second or two to assess the situation and react, and that's how cops are trained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

This whole narrative is racist. And it's bigoted because he doesn't care about the actual facts as they were revealed.
    You got all that from this small quote?

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    The first thing that came to mind after watching that video was Sean Hannity's explanation on how to deal with the cops.

"If you tell the cop you have a gun and do as they say you'll be fine"

Told the cop he had a firearm, went to grab his ID like the officer asked. Look what happened. Must be a problem with the cop then, but for some reason cops can do no wrong.
    Wow!!

- - - Updated - - -

Actually there was ballistics evidence as part of the trial, which showed that his hand was near his left pocket when he was shot, and the gun was in his right pocket. I'm sorry that I expected you to know the basics of this case that you have decided to share your strong opinions on.
    Nevertheless, the jury thought the officer reacted accordingly.

What's the name of the expert who testified.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    That's why I said that evaluating the situation after the fact is not the same thing as evaluating it as it happened.

A lot of things could have occurred differently, but, they didn't. All that matters is whether or not the cop's actions were reasonable, and it seems pretty clear they were. He had just a second or two to assess the situation and react, and that's how cops are trained.
    Actually, that isn't how they are trained. When stopping someone for potentially being a felon, you are supposed to order them to exit the vehicle from afar. You are not supposed to approach the window like it's a normal traffic stop. That's really the root of why this happened. He panicked because he put himself in a situation that he was NOT supposed to be in.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the name of the expert who testified.
    It was in the autopsy.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/0...e-yanez-trial/

"Prosecutor Jeff Paulsen highlighted autopsy evidence in his closing argument, reminding the jury of a bullet wound to what would have been Castile’s trigger finger — and that there was no corresponding bullet damage nor wounds in the area of Castile’s right shorts pocket, where he carried his gun. He also cited testimony from first responders who saw Castile’s gun in his pocket as he was loaded onto a backboard."
    -ynnady