Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, noticed this as well. At least they stack, but it's annoying to see them frequently dropping. The key a day from my sub is nice, but it's going to pretty quickly lead to massive quantities of unopened boxes being a constant reminder that yes, Funcom wants you to spend more money.
    Wait. With the subscription they only give you a single lock box key per day?

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post
    Wait. With the subscription they only give you a single lock box key per day?
    The graphic for patron rewards is here - http://massivelyop.com/2017/06/23/se...fits-revealed/

Yep.

I haven't cleared Savage Coast yet, but I have a question. Do specific quests reward specific cosmetics anymore? Like the Innsmouth Academy in TSW had the quest with JEFFREY FUCKING COMBS that gave the teacher's surgical gloves as a cosmetic award, but I just got the exact same thing from an investigation random reward box in the theme park.

Will I get a duplicate when I quest for the Re-Animator?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I haven't cleared Savage Coast yet, but I have a question. Do specific quests reward specific cosmetics anymore? Like the Innsmouth Academy in TSW had the quest with JEFFREY FUCKING COMBS that gave the teacher's surgical gloves as a cosmetic award, but I just got the exact same thing from an investigation random reward box in the theme park.

Did you link accounts? If so you likely already have them (I believe I do), which may explain why you didn't earn them.

But can't say, I just got into Savage Coast so haven't gotten to the Academy yet (though super looking forward to it, <3 Jeffrey Combs)

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

He's also in the intro for Illuminati as the lead scientist, who induces your Tokyo dream state. Good stuff.

-------

Also keys. One per day sounds pretty good when you look at their cost. They're about $1.50 each. So you end up with $45 worth of keys per month. I would like if they were slightly rarer, though. Having 1 drop a day for a casual player would be cool. Maybe 2-3 a day for someone heavily playing. Especially with how good the rewards are. I'm almost in full capped blues due to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    He's also in the intro for Illuminati as the lead scientist, who induces your Tokyo dream state. Good stuff.

-------

Also keys. One per day sounds pretty good when you look at their cost. They're about $1.50 each. So you end up with $45 worth of keys per month. I would like if they were slightly rarer, though. Having 1 drop a day for a casual player would be cool. Maybe 2-3 a day for someone heavily playing. Especially with how good the rewards are. I'm almost in full capped blues due to them.
    Given the volume of lockboxes the game vomits at you, 1 a day is pretty silly.

I'm really not a fan of the "value" delivered with the sub, it's a fraction of what it was for TSW and feels even lass valuable than a sub in bloody SWTOR. At least that lifts most of the obnoxious restrictions in the game, in SWL they're still there asking for your damn money.

Love the game, but Funcom has cocked up the monetization pretty badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Woogs View Post
    The pip count represents the quality of the passive. Base stats aren't affected by the pip count, at least for green weapons.
    It also increase the item level of the weapon. Got a 3 pip lvl 1 shotgun that has an item lvl of 159. Not sure what that item lvl does tho.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    It also increase the item level of the weapon. Got a 3 pip lvl 1 shotgun that has an item lvl of 159. Not sure what that item lvl does tho.
    Yeah, I noticed that as well but given that there was zero stat difference between the items couldn't figure out why. The whole system is painfully obtuse, without any real method of explaining it in-game.

Yeah, I noticed that as well but given that there was zero stat difference between the items couldn't figure out why. The whole system is painfully obtuse, without any real method of explaining it in-game.
    Part of the issue is they're explained later. Fusion, Glyphs, and Signets are all dealt with later on. And they come with explanations alongside them. But they can show up early, and may confuse players. I guess it mostly means, "until you reach this level, these things don't matter. So we wont throw everything at you."
    I like to know everything ASAP, but I guess this paces it to not overwhelm some players.

Weapon pips are the power of that passive effect/affix on each weapon. 3 pips is an epic quality one. So a Mark 1 Restoration gives .75% health when you hit/heal a target(50% chance).

A Mark III, or 3 pips, gives you 2.25% of your health on a 50% chance.

so basically...don't bother mass-upgrading 1-2 pip weapons?

Either way, I loathe that you essentially "lose" all experienced dumped into a weapon. I checked, kinda assuming you'd simply have that experience dumped into the weapon you were upgrading but nope, still the normal amount. It's kinda really total bullshit, and just makes the upgrading system more of a grind.

I was actually kinda optimistic about it when they first showed it off, but the more hands-on time I get with it the most frustrating it is, and the more frustrating it seems it will be later on : /

Whoever worked on the monetization for the game needs to be bloody fired. I get that they needed to monetize it more heavily, but this is pretty bad across the board.

Hey guys. Thinking of trying SWL out, but can't remake my character from the original game. The customization options I used there seem to not be present in the new character creator. Is there any official word on expanding it sometime in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Hey guys. Thinking of trying SWL out, but can't remake my character from the original game. The customization options I used there seem to not be present in the new character creator. Is there any official word on expanding it sometime in the future?
    SWL has more customization options than TSW did to begin with so you shouldn't have any issues recreating your character >.>

But nope, no word on more customization options that I know of.

so basically...don't bother mass-upgrading 1-2 pip weapons?

Either way, I loathe that you essentially "lose" all experienced dumped into a weapon. I checked, kinda assuming you'd simply have that experience dumped into the weapon you were upgrading but nope, still the normal amount. It's kinda really total bullshit, and just makes the upgrading system more of a grind.

I was actually kinda optimistic about it when they first showed it off, but the more hands-on time I get with it the most frustrating it is, and the more frustrating it seems it will be later on : /

Whoever worked on the monetization for the game needs to be bloody fired. I get that they needed to monetize it more heavily, but this is pretty bad across the board.
    Actually, working on those weaker weapons is good. You'll use them later. If you get 2 leveled to 20, you fuse them into a singular Blue quality and reset the levels. (Does not lose power, gains heavily.) And then 2 blue fuse to make a purple, and so on.

Actually, working on those weaker weapons is good. You'll use them later. If you get 2 leveled to 20, you fuse them into a singular Blue quality and reset the levels. (Does not lose power, gains heavily.) And then 2 blue fuse to make a purple, and so on.
    Yes, but do pips not carry over, then? Because that's what I'm doing now, primary weapon is already upgraded to rare quality.

Again, this whole system is pretty obtuse and fucking stupid. It should not be this difficult to figure out a basic fucking item-upgrade system.

SWL has more customization options than TSW did to begin with so you shouldn't have any issues recreating your character >.>

But nope, no word on more customization options that I know of.
    Well, it certainly doesn't have the exact beard, eyebrows, and face I was using. Also not sure about the skin tone. Oh well, I guess I'll have to come up with something different, even though I'd strongly prefer not to since I've grown attached to my original look. Thanks for the answer anyway.

Part of the issue is they're explained later. Fusion, Glyphs, and Signets are all dealt with later on. And they come with explanations alongside them. But they can show up early, and may confuse players. I guess it mostly means, "until you reach this level, these things don't matter. So we wont throw everything at you."
    I like to know everything ASAP, but I guess this paces it to not overwhelm some players.

Weapon pips are the power of that passive effect/affix on each weapon. 3 pips is an epic quality one. So a Mark 1 Restoration gives .75% health when you hit/heal a target(50% chance).

A Mark III, or 3 pips, gives you 2.25% of your health on a 50% chance.
    Do you know if gadgets upgrade later or what? cause atm I got this lvl 1 drone that does like 2 dmg and I have yet to find any decent ones otherwise.

Seems people in Reddit are starting to speak out against funcom for their restrictive game and useless sub. That didn't take long.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    Seems people in Reddit are starting to speak out against funcom for their restrictive game and useless sub. That didn't take long.
    Yep. Pretty sure the reason they held back the patron perks until head start launch was because they knew folks would be able to quickly figure out how the game was monetized and the comparatively low value of the patron benefits. I mean, it worked, it pretty much took until late Saturday for folks to really start posting about it, I know I was mostly focused on playing the game. But after the initial luster, the monetization issues appeared pretty immediately.

Admittedly, SWTOR has a far more restrictive model than SWL for their F2P players. But conversely, SWTOR's subscription provides far more value, both in the perks it brings (especially because of that now that SWL no longer provides the cash shop stipend) and the restrictions it lifts. When playing SWTOR as a sub, the game doesn't really bug/remind you about further monetization too much. Yeah, there's still the cash shop button and all, but it really does provide more or less the full game experience without the need to spend further.

SWL...doesn't. I get some more keys for dungeons that I don't even really want to run, but I'll still run out. I get a daily key for the lockboxes that drop in the open world!...but I'll still receive dozens as drops every day so they'll pile up in my inventory endlessly. I can't upgrade my sprint nor my bag, two things that you could previously upgrade for in game currency, without using the currency that only comes from dailies (or buying it on the exchange with Aurum you spent money on!), the entire weapon upgrade system is designed around monetizing players throughout the upgrade process and patron does nothing to address this etc.

This. Once you get to Agartha go to your item claim (from the top left menu) and there should be a button to click. You have to be in Agartha, apparently, so you need to play for at least the first hour or so to get there.
    Ok, i didn't do that. I'm in Kingsmouth already, but i'll just take the portal and get back to Agartha and see what happens.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

do the weapons you fuse have to be the same? after the first one we got as freebie i just picked a random trash weapon and leveled it to 20 but it wouldn't let me fuse my secondary.. all i could do it seems was pay real money to upgrade.

Edit: ugh yeah the have to be the same.. i hear reading is good for you :P
    Last edited by Lex Icon; 2017-06-27 at 09:50 AM.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.