Poll: Would you go neutral?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Yes, the Horde died with Garrosh and I it feels wrong for the Highlord to be helping the Lich Queen
    Especially when she's known to capture paladins to sacrifice in her dark rituals! Why in the world would any paladin still follow her?

- - - Updated - - -

I always laugh when people post in forums how Horde players are like this and Alliance players are like that...
    When really it's the exact same players just on different alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes, and no.

Would like the factions to have a struggle out but I am getting a little dulled by people wanting everyone to just be one faction. Need more torment, struggle, seperation among the factions. As one just said, a merc faction are starting to make more sense since everyone is all slowly merging together.
    Splitting up the races into 3-5 new factions always made more sense to me than to turn it into 1 big-happy-family-faction.

Either race-wise and go by how good the bond between the races are, with the horde and alliance remaining mainly intact, but with The undeads and a couple of other races splitting off to make their own faction with blackjack and hookers.
    Or, do it more based on each races "alignment", class-based, with the sub-races / clans joining different factions. Druids / shamans from Night elves, tauren, wildhammer joining together to make a hippie factions etc.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Definitely (on some characters), however for lore reasons I still think some cities would be inaccessible.

For instance I don't think Undercity and Orgrimmar would be very welcoming to alliance races. Same thing with Stormwind and Darnassus towards horde races. Also it would probably have to be something you decide at level cap so it makes sense with the leveling experience.

Of course if they decide to do another cataclysm-esque revamp then anything is possible and I would love a mercenary/adventurer level flow option aside a horde/alliance one.
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2017-06-26 at 05:23 AM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

depends on the character, i think.

some of them, like my rogue and demon hunter, definitely neutral. my mage though, blood elf mage, staying horde.

Nope. ^_^

Sure, I don't mind helping the Alliance out now and then out of necessity or because I do give a damn about some of the people over there, but I'm a Warrior of the Horde and if we didn't have some common enemies to take down then I'd be back to executing Alliance immediately and mount their heads on spears.

It's nothing personal whatsoever! You're just on the wrong side of the chess board compared to myself. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Especially when she's known to capture paladins to sacrifice in her dark rituals! Why in the world would any paladin still follow her?
    It was one paladin that had been slaughtering Forsaken while hiding behind the banner of Neutrality. The only difference she did compared to say other races is that the other races would have executed and be done with it. At least she gives good use for the body in having her strongest ranger using it.

For me I'd go neutral in a heartbeat. I have friends on both factions and really see no negatives to allowing me to be neutral and on the same character team up with horde or alliance friends.

I would, although for pve rather than pvp reasons. Recently switched to alliance to join a guild but that also meant not being able to play with a lot of friends on horde which really sucked, went from having tons of people for mythic+ to barely anyone until I got to know more people on alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Nope. ^_^

Sure, I don't mind helping the Alliance out now and then out of necessity or because I do give a damn about some of the people over there, but I'm a Warrior of the Horde and if we didn't have some common enemies to take down then I'd be back to executing Alliance immediately and mount their heads on spears.

It's nothing personal whatsoever! You're just on the wrong side of the chess board compared to myself. :P
    Hmmm... i don't think the game you are describing exists, nor would keep your atention for long.

People mix lore and factions with their own characters. Here is what happens: Your character is nobody from a lore perspective. What you do or not, is irrelevant. The factions will continue at war or not despite what you do and the lore will keep advancing despite what you do.
    Having our own special little stories at least make our characters more unique. The Forsaken that went back to it's alliance family. The human who befriended the horde, etc. These would all be unique and special characters we could create and would in no way affect anything but the quality of our gameplay experience.
    There is literally, no down side. Want to keep beeing the nameless run of the mill soldier of the faction? You can also keep doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I enjoy faction identity as part of the RPG experience. However I have no problem with the option existing, I just wouldn't utilize it.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Yes, I don't care at all about the tired Horde/Alliance conflict and I'd like to just be able to play whatever race I want regardless of what my friends are playing. To me my character is basically a mercenary or freelance adventurer, not a Horde soldier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck yes.
    I miss being an exile (EQ2)

I would go evil if I could but neutral would be better than this Alliance/Horde nonsense that hasn't ever been justifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Hmmm... i don't think the game you are describing exists, nor would keep your atention for long.

People mix lore and factions with their own characters. Here is what happens: Your character is nobody from a lore perspective. What you do or not, is irrelevant. The factions will continue at war or not despite what you do and the lore will keep advancing despite what you do.
    Having our own special little stories at least make our characters more unique. The Forsaken that went back to it's alliance family. The human who befriended the horde, etc. These would all be unique and special characters we could create and would in no way affect anything but the quality of our gameplay experience.
    There is literally, no down side. Want to keep beeing the nameless run of the mill soldier of the faction? You can also keep doing that.
    To be honest, I'm not sure I get what you're saying with the game I describe.

I'm sure plenty of people would love to mingle with the other faction and that's good for them but I am indeed quite content with my role. I've been a simple soldier for over a decade, heading off to dangerous lands to fight and claim ground for the Horde, seeking out allies to aid me in the form of the many neutral factions. Even when I apparently became part of the elite forces when sent to Pandaria, even when I became a general on Draenor, and I'm still just a simple man of the Horde as I command the forces of Skyhold.

And if we take away all the high status positions of the latest expansions, throwing me into a world of unimportance, then I'd do the same. I would still stand among the masses and take orders from my chieftain or Warchief (when it's not a racist bastard trying to kill my chieftain). And if I wasn't in the middle of a battle, then I'd go take a look at the latest news from where the excitement is happening and help out the people of Azeroth with whatever's troubling them.

But all I do is still in service of the Horde. Will I carve down every Alliance I see? Nah. I respect them enough to let them do their jobs if they stay out of my way.

Bring me a declaration of war though and I'll turn on the bloodlust. Taking orders can to some sound boring and limitting, but that's what I'd do because I'm loyal to my people.

To which one then can say, "What if the Darkspear suddenly decided to help the Alliance full on, or go off on their own?!". Then I'd be full on Darkspear and fight the rest of the Horde along with the Alliance!

Taz'dingo! XP

Man I can ramble on and on... Oh well, thanks for giving me something to do to start off my day. ^_^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    To be honest, I'm not sure I get what you're saying with the game I describe.

I'm sure plenty of people would love to mingle with the other faction and that's good for them but I am indeed quite content with my role. I've been a simple soldier for over a decade, heading off to dangerous lands to fight and claim ground for the Horde, seeking out allies to aid me in the form of the many neutral factions. Even when I apparently became part of the elite forces when sent to Pandaria, even when I became a general on Draenor, and I'm still just a simple man of the Horde as I command the forces of Skyhold.

And if we take away all the high status positions of the latest expansions, throwing me into a world of unimportance, then I'd do the same. I would still stand among the masses and take orders from my chieftain or Warchief (when it's not a racist bastard trying to kill my chieftain). And if I wasn't in the middle of a battle, then I'd go take a look at the latest news from where the excitement is happening and help out the people of Azeroth with whatever's troubling them.

But all I do is still in service of the Horde. Will I carve down every Alliance I see? Nah. I respect them enough to let them do their jobs if they stay out of my way.

Bring me a declaration of war though and I'll turn on the bloodlust. Taking orders can to some sound boring and limitting, but that's what I'd do because I'm loyal to my people.

To which one then can say, "What if the Darkspear suddenly decided to help the Alliance full on, or go off on their own?!". Then I'd be full on Darkspear and fight the rest of the Horde along with the Alliance!

Taz'dingo! XP

Man I can ramble on and on... Oh well, thanks for giving me something to do to start off my day. ^_^
    Ok, to clear up. I meant the game where you go kill the opposite faction and put their heads in a spike. Impossible. They just respawn. It is completely meaningless.

Now for the story you tell us. You think you are the one commanding the forces of skyhold? Nope! None of us actually is. We are not individual characters in the lore. The official lore might not even be a horde character...

The thing about going neutral for everyone is that you can still do what you are doing. But you can team up with anyone. None of what you did in the past or will do in the future will actually be canon. So, why must the gameplay be hold back?

And btw... you are a human playing a game. Think about that. ^^

Personally I wish we could choose our faction, almost like the Pandarian. That's my dream to have one day.

Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    At this point mercenary faction makes much more sense and is far more player-friendly.

We're not part of Alliance/Horde's army at this point. I never remember enlisting, why the fuck I was suddenly given rank and 'army' to command and then again I had to enlist for the Broken Shore invasion like some pleb.

It just makes no sense. Player characters should be treated like an adventurer, not some static part of 'king''s personal asskisser unit.
    You enlisted the second you appeared in the start zone.

I hate every minute of Sylvanas being warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Yes. I've never been much of a herd mentality guy and generally can't identify myself with the faction brouhaha of the NPCs. Lok'tar Ogar up your ass, you dork.
    We clearly have a lack of roleplayers in this thread.

I would never abandon my faction. Why just the other day, while at work, a customer walked by with a Horde symbol on his hoodie. I said "For the Horde" to him and he smiled and nodded. Those real life moments make faction feel super real. I guess in that sense I'm a bit of a factionist.
    Gameplay-wise however... only spineless cowards would fight for the Alliance but I did always like the idea of being maybe an exile or rogue soldier.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Ok, to clear up. I meant the game where you go kill the opposite faction and put their heads in a spike. Impossible. They just respawn. It is completely meaningless.

Now for the story you tell us. You think you are the one commanding the forces of skyhold? Nope! None of us actually is. We are not individual characters in the lore. The official lore might not even be a horde character...

The thing about going neutral for everyone is that you can still do what you are doing. But you can team up with anyone. None of what you did in the past or will do in the future will actually be canon. So, why must the gameplay be hold back?

And btw... you are a human playing a game. Think about that. ^^
    Well in that case, yes, it is meaningless. I was referring to an in-character and imaginative perspective in regards to the spikes because that's obviously not something we can do ingame due the game not being of the mature variety where we actively can chop off enemy heads and make them a nice grave marker to display our trophy. :P

In the case of Skyhold I can agree with the leadership role to a certain extent due to Odyn being around, being the real hot shot up there while he just has the Player as a champion to do his bidding. But even if go with players not actually being official lore characters, which they aren't really because it would be impossible, then who would you suggest is the actual canon characters wielding the Artifacts? I'd very much like to hear suggestions for all the classes as to who would technically lead the forces of Legionfall if we weren't playing a game.

Now the ability to team up with everyone can be lovely and convenient for everyone, no doubt about that, would make group content more accessible. However, in my case I would rather stick with what we have now, where we're locked into our factions and don't group up with the races that we've generally been fighting against for years now.

I enjoy players having some faction identity but I understand that some people don't care and simply want the convenience of grouping up with everyone or the chance to play mercenary and act out the fantasy of working for whomever they see fit. All valid points and I'm just glad Blizzard is sticking with the idea of the two factions not working together in gameplay, at least for now since the future could change that one day.

And yes, I am indeed a human being of planet Earth who's playing a game. Doesn't mean I won't stay invested in this amazing world that Blizzard has created and enjoy the fantasy in my own ways. ^_^

Deleted
    I would love being able to play with people regardless of what race/faction they chose to roll. Having to faction trans when I want to raid with friends who happen to play the other faction is awful.

I used to like the factions but nowadays it's nothing more than an artificial wall between 2 halves of the playerbase.