Thread: [TV] Doctor Who

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    I thought Nardole just accidentally touched something and was unable to navigate back himself.
    i guess that could be why, my thought was The master did something to make it malfunction so that nardole would have to free missy. It seems awfully convenient that the doctor comes across the master straight after setting missy free

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    i guess that could be why, my thought was The master did something to make it malfunction so that nardole would have to free missy. It seems awfully convenient that the doctor comes across the master straight after setting missy free
    My impression was that the Tardis was scared so that it left.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    My impression was that the Tardis was scared so that it left.
    Maybe, but why would the tardis be scared so much of a few ice warriors? The tardis has been in far worse situations

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Maybe, but why would the tardis be scared so much of a few ice warriors? The tardis has been in far worse situations
    Bullshit narrative to get Missy out to play.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Bullshit narrative to get Missy out to play.
    Ill take that explanation lol

EPISODE 11~!!! FINALE PART 1 TIME!!! (man feels like this series flew by, and pretty soon ANOTHER huge break outside of christmas) I GOTS MY VAPE WITH WEED IN IT I GOTS HOME MADE FRIED NOODLES, I GOTS WATER, I GOTS PRETZEL STICKS! TIME TO WATCH MY FAVORITE SHOW @_@

has the master pushed the doctors rage to new heights!?! and can the doctor avenge the death of his dear friend bills!?!? the only way to find out is on the next episode of DOCTOR WHO Z @_@

am i the only one who would watch a whole show of missy pretending to be like the doctor?

it was headed towards a black hole.. but then they noticed it and stopped it?? is this some sort of insurance fraud shit. like, future burn down your own house but a cop drove by

"you're probably handsome" is my new go to flirt

i told my american friends about beans on toast once they thought i was making shit up. fuckers aint never heard of it.

heard it here first guys, major lore dump right there, somebody call whoipedia or whoever and tell them write that name down. major trustworthy source on that name

okay LEGIT i was going to mention the fact i thought he looked blue but it was in black and white and i didnt wanna look like a dumb cunt and then the fucker turns out to be a blue and i dont know what to fucking think anymore

WOAH WOAH OWHA OWHAO WHAOH @_@ DID MISSY JUST SAY BITCH!?!?! DID THIS BITCH SAY BITCH1?!? THEY CANT DO THAT ON DOCTOR WHO @_@ THEY CANT SAY BITCH! WOT IS HAPPENING!?!?

calling it now, missy is gonna kill blue balls to save bill

WOT DA FOCKKKKK @_@

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!! YOU CANT FUCKING DO THAT! GO BACK! TELL ME WOT HAPPENS YOU FOCKIN CUNTS @_@ HOW FOCKIN DARE YOU!!!

okay now you're just pissing me off, this is fucking bullshit we DO NOT need explanation on whats happening im not a fucking idiot jesus fuck you guys are just doing this to torture me AND MY EMOTIONS! LEAVE BILL ALONE! LEAVE HER PRECIOUS GAYNESS ALONE~!!!

"He was my first gay" doctorxmissy confirmed

OH NO! I SAID I WANTED TO BUT I WASNT READY! I WASNT READY TO GO BACK! OH SWEET LAWD SAVE THIS POOR GAY BABY CHILD! PRESERVE HER SO THAT SHE MAY BE GAY FOR GENERATIONS TO COME MY LAWD!

FIRST THEY SAYIN BITCH NOW THEY SHOWIN PEOPLES HOLES! WHEN DID THIS BECOME SO GRAPHIC @_@ I AM SCARRED! MY LITTLE HEART CANT TAKE THIS SHIT!!!!

BILLS IS GONNA GET CYBERFIED OLD SCHOOL @_@ YOU CANT OLD SCHOOL PLASTIC SURGERFIY A HOLE! ITS A GOD DAMN HOLE!!!!

oh thank jeebus my lil gay babies alive! i was havin the palpatations

WHAT THE FUCK IS A DWARVEN WARRIOR DOING ON A CYBERMANS SHIP!

this is the best fucking cybermans episode in all of new who and its barely started! they finally brought back the creepiness of the old school cybermens

bills is working for the fucking dwarf now!??

HES A DWARF BECAUSE HES INBRED @_@

THAT FUCKIN DWARF BETRAYED US @_@

The dwarf knows the master?

why doesnt the master know about mondas?

oh no my lil gay babies a cyberman

.... the dwarf was THE FUCKING MASTER!?!?!? @_@ WOAH

ONE OF THE BEST EPISODES OF WHO EVER! FUCKING EVER! @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    DWM also mentions that John’s Master no longer has the ‘drumming’ in his head, a condition first mentioned in the 2007 trilogy, Utopia [...], The Sound of Drums and The Last of the Time Lords. Simm commented:

“Yeah, that’s gone. So he’s different. I had the opportunity to play it differently. Also because of the dynamic with Michelle, which was something that neither of us had envisaged in a million years – playing the same character at the same time. That was a new one on both of us. That had a big say in how I played him.”
    http://www.doctorwho.tv/whats-new/ar...ado-and-ainley

Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Makes sense, they found the source in End of Time, and it kinda stopped being relevant after the Time Lords got what they wanted by planting it in the Master's head.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    i mean, that was obvious, the only other option would be if it somehow took place inbetween his first appearance and him becoming prime minister and he mentions being prime minister so the only option is for it to take place after his last appearance
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Christmas can't come fast enough :S

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MindCookie View Post
    Damn Episode 12. This one hit me hard, I cried my eyes out...
    Really? I was bored until the last 5 minutes or so

Even the constant attempts of making us go "oh, he's going to regenerate now. No, wait, now. No.... NOW!" wasn't making me any more interested.

Only the actual ending of the episode made me think:

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Christmas can't come fast enough :S

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Really? I was bored until the last 5 minutes or so

Even the constant attempts of making us go "oh, he's going to regenerate now. No, wait, now. No.... NOW!" wasn't making me any more interested.

Only the actual ending of the episode made me think:
    Man, Bill being a Cyberman, Missy being killed by her former self... Damn the feels. Even Capaldi, I grew to like him a lot. Smith will always be my doctor, but I was attached to Capaldi. I know we still have to wait for Christmas for a proper farewell, but eh. On another hand, I'm really curious to see who the new doctor will be! As well as the new master.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MindCookie View Post
    Man
    Well, we all know that evil always turns upon itself, so Master killing him/herself wasn't surprising, there's no way they'd let Missy go Good. Master can still return, because Missy never said that his next regeneration was her. He only assumed so, making it possible for Master to remain in the series (as he should).

As for waiting to see who will be the next Doctor, I think everyone is. I'm not too fond of Capaldi's Doctor, so I'm looking forward to the change. Smith was my favourite too, but regardless of who people like, there's always this picture to remember

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    Can't wait for John Simms to pop out of a wormhole, disintegrate Bill and Missy with his lazer screwdriver, and salvage this season.
    So, uhm, does this count as calling it? I was close enough right. Wormhole and Bill's death aside.

Anyway, shitty season, shitty episode, shitty ending. Rot in piss Missy. And rot in piss Moffat too you terrible, terrible writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Well, we all know that evil always turns upon itself, so Master killing him/herself wasn't surprising, there's no way they'd let Missy go Good. Master can still return, because Missy never said that his next regeneration was her. He only assumed so, making it possible for Master to remain in the series (as he should).

As for waiting to see who will be the next Doctor, I think everyone is. I'm not too fond of Capaldi's Doctor, so I'm looking forward to the change. Smith was my favourite too, but regardless of who people like, there's always this picture to remember

Matt is my favorite too, though David is so close that I consider them basically tied (they are good in different ways). I liked the writing for Matt's episodes better though, so overall he still comes out on top. Peter...I think the writers just had a hard time getting a handle on him. He is a VERY different Doctor than Matt or David, and I get the impression that a lot of the series 8 episodes were originally written for Matt and had to be changed. The later half of season 9 is when they seemed to be actually writing for Peter. Season 10 has completely knocked it out of the park, it's up there with the best.

So far we've had 3 Doctors (10, 11, and 12) say that they can only really do it for about 3-4 years at most, and still do their best work, because working on Doctor Who is absolutely exhausting. We've had the same story 3 times now, how they would rather leave when they were still enjoying it, rather than continue on being exhaused and have their work suffer as a result. Go out on a high note, as it were.

Considering the continuing SJW crusade that seems to be influencing this show in increasingly blatant ways, I would fully expect the next Doctor to be a woman. It's been discussed for AGES, and the time just seems right. I honestly wouldn't mind it, though I am concerned with how they'd handle it. Ham-fisted about the message, would be my guess, if the more recent shows are any indication.

I found Capaldi okay but not brilliant in his portrayal. Sure it's hard to measure up to titans like Smith and Tennant, but I never really got that... idk, that "Doctor feeling" about Capaldi. Even Eccleston felt more like it. As always opinions will remain divided.

I'm totally fine though with Doctors not staying on forever. 3-4 years is a decent rhythm. All good things must come to an end, and often brilliantly. Tennant's departure show is, for sure, my own emotional high moment in recent TV history.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Considering the continuing SJW crusade that seems to be influencing this show in increasingly blatant ways, I would fully expect the next Doctor to be a woman. It's been discussed for AGES, and the time just seems right. I honestly wouldn't mind it, though I am concerned with how they'd handle it. Ham-fisted about the message, would be my guess, if the more recent shows are any indication.

I found Capaldi okay but not brilliant in his portrayal. Sure it's hard to measure up to titans like Smith and Tennant, but I never really got that... idk, that "Doctor feeling" about Capaldi. Even Eccleston felt more like it. As always opinions will remain divided.

I'm totally fine though with Doctors not staying on forever. 3-4 years is a decent rhythm. All good things must come to an end, and often brilliantly. Tennant's departure show is, for sure, my own emotional high moment in recent TV history.
    I don't really care if the new Doctor is a man or a woman, as long as whoever it is is good at it and the writing is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Considering the continuing SJW crusade that seems to be influencing this show in increasingly blatant ways...
    You must be new to the Doctor Who legacy.

I've been a fan for almost 40 years. Trust me, the show has, was, and always will be "Progressive". You just don't see Classic series that way as you never lived through those eras the moment those episodes aired - particularly the Women's Lib movement. From a short-haired tomboy independent girl in a culture where the exact opposite was expected, to a planet of two warring races wiping out their planet in a nuclear holocaust, to female Dravins enslaving men, To Daleks parading around London with their suckers aimed upwards to mimic Nazi salutes, to female geniuses outstripping men in the far future, to the evolution of Josephine Grant from dtizy blonde to strong independent fighter, to hippies battling with giant-maggot toxic-waste spewing producing corporations, to solar flares wiping out the Earth, to fighting against "vaporization without representation", to a strong female journalist supporting a planetary monarch who doubted herself as she thought she was just "a mere woman", to fighting for overtaxed plutonian colonist rights, to teaching a warrior to ignore the concept of magic and to embrace science, (skipping ahead a few now here here as it's late) to showcasing "No-Coloured" signs on peoples doors, to an independent girl who blows shit up with homemade deodorant can explosives.

It's always been a backbone of the series, as much as science and adventure was. You want blatant? I dare you to watch "The Time Monster" (Third Doctor Era) and you tell me there was no blatant progressive womens lib agenda there! :P

- - - Updated - - -

Now, on topic of the finale - in regards to the cliffhanger ending and lead-in for the Christmas episode - I'm kinda shocked I didn't realize it before, but when the 1st Doctor (Played by David Bradley! Yay for his return! :P) first appears, he is also shouting "I will NOT change, I will NOT! No, no, no, no...the whole thing is ridiculous!"

At first, I thought he was just mocking Peter Capaldi - but then again when I was looking at the environment it suddenly hit me! This wasn't some random ice planet, and I realized the 1st Doctor WASN'T mocking Capaldi! He was talking about HIMSELF!!!

I'm thinking this setting is Antarctica, 1985 - in the middle of the episode [I]the Tenth Planet[/I]! And the 1st Doctor is by himself, talking to himself with comming to terms with his imminent first regeneration! =D

Damn, this christmass episode is going to be something serious! (also means we will prolly be seeing the Mondasian Cybermen again in that episode as well)

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You must be new to the Doctor Who legacy.

I've been a fan for almost 40 years. Trust me, the show has, was, and always will be "Progressive".
    To be clear, my criticism wasn't leveraged at what they were promoting, only HOW they do it. Yes Doctor Who (and various spinoffs) have always been progressive. That's fine. But they didn't used to go about quite so ham-fisted and blatant (especially not in Doctor Who).