Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Shame that raid didn't elaborate on this even a little, we still have no idea what the purpose of facility was.

I thought maybe it has something to do with Eye of Sargears, but they barely mentioned it in raid :/
    Illidan talks about hiring the Naga and how he used the eye to collapsed a part of the tomb (where the sisters / Desolate host bosses are). Where the Desolate host is probably where the Eye of Sargeras was once kept. I think you also see Gul'dans skeleton in that area as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WolfRider View Post
    The Titan facility could be built for two purposes:
    - Imprison N'Zoth: the room where you fight the Fallen Avatar is way under the sea's level. There are Nagas in the upper level trying to do something and these are not related to the Legion.
    The Naga are there to reclaim the Tidestone for Queen Azshara.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Unless N'zoth is hiding under the Lava in the Felstorm Breach, i doubt that.
    The old gods are massive.

While Yogg-sarons prison was in the far north of greater Kalimdor (now Northrend), his tendrils reached as far as Duskwood and Feralas.

I think.. if i remember right, bliz said back during legion beta that N'Zoths prison is under water south of and not in the broken isles. All the maps i saw in chronicles point it to being on the edge of the malestorm next to a naga city. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    While Yogg-sarons prison was in the far north of greater Kalimdor (now Northrend), his tendrils reached as far as Duskwood and Feralas.
    I guess you're talking about those Dream Portals in Feralas & Duskwood?

Yogg used Vordrassil as entrance, which he could use because Vordrassils roots were hitting on Saronite, which is found all over Northrend.

There is nothing that implies or confirms that Yogg actually had direct contact with every single dream portal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    What better place for Aegwynn to imprison the Avatar of Sargeras than a titan prison?
    I can't think of a worse place to imprison it.

Someone like Aegwyn must have known the site was a strategic legion locatoin in war of the ancients.
    Someone like Aegwyn must have been aware of the old gods history and must have been able to see some warning signs in silithus and ulduar. Maybe she had no other choice for a prison or maybe sargeras influence was already at work.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-06-28 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Most of the N'zoth stuff has referenced him being under the ocean.
    The Broken Isles WERE under the ocean.

That said, I don't think it's the prison of N'zoth. I don't know what was the purpose of this facility, and the room were Aegwynn put the Avatar of Sargeras is EXTREMELY convenient, fel containers and all.

I doubt Blizzard gave it much thought, but considering how deeply buried and unconnected it is to the surface, it could be an insignificant world-shaping machine, something they used to monitor or manipulate the ocean or the magma below it. It just happened to be in the right place when the night elves built the temple, which later became the tomb.

I'm just disappointed the "labyrinth of massive corridors covered in arcane runes that turn the building into a complex magic key, filled with traps and ever-shifting" described in the audio-drama is just an indoors Nighthold.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-06-28 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I guess you're talking about those Dream Portals in Feralas & Duskwood?

Yogg used Vordrassil as entrance, which he could use because Vordrassils roots were hitting on Saronite, which is found all over Northrend.

There is nothing that implies or confirms that Yogg actually had direct contact with every single dream portal.
    After the sundering, some of yoggs tendrils were cut from him, leaving saronite pools in certain locations. Fandrel and his followers went on a tree planting spree in those pools. Those trees are the ones that have the portals on them. The largest pool was where Vordrassil once stood

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    After the sundering, some of yoggs tendrils were cut from him, leaving saronite pools in certain locations. Fandrel and his followers went on a tree planting spree in those pools. Those trees are the ones that have the portals on them. The largest pool was where Vordrassil once stood
    While there was indeed Saronite in what would become Oneiros and the Twilight Grove... We can't actually say all Saronite comes from Yogg-Saron. That which was found in Duskwood could have come from N'Zoth, while the one in Feralas, from C'thun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

That said, I don't think it's the prison of N'zoth. I don't know what was the purpose of this facility, and the room were Aegwynn put the Avatar of Sargeras is EXTREMELY convenient, fel containers and all.

I doubt Blizzard gave it much thought, but considering how deeply buried and unconnected it is to the surface, it could be an insignificant world-shaping machine, something they used to monitor or manipulate the ocean or the magma below it. It just happened to be in the right place when the night elves built the temple, which later became the tomb.

I'm just disappointed the "labyrinth of massive corridors covered in arcane runes that turn the building into a complex magic key, filled with traps and ever-shifting" described in the audio-drama is just an indoors Nighthold.
    If Broken Isles were under the ocean, i wonder then how Highmountain Taurens and Nightborne survived 10.000 years beneath ocean.

Also... Why people previously thinked, that N'Zoth prison is located in Vash'Jr?

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    If Broken Isles were under the ocean, i wonder then how Highmountain Taurens and Nightborne survived 10.000 years beneath ocean.

Also... Why people previously thinked, that N'Zoth prison is located in Vash'Jr?
    Because his location was depicted in the chronicles as the spot where Vash'ir is today.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Yeah, not all titan facilities were built to imprison old gods. Look at uldaman, ungoro, wintergrasp and sholazar. My guess it that Nzoth was imprisoned under the ocean and his prison will be partially or totally destroyed by the time we see it.
    There was no ocean where N'Zoth was located before the Sundering. That prison was somewhere near present day Vash'jir, on a mountain range that got blown away when the Well exploded.

N'Zoth is propably pretty much free these days, I wouldn't be surprised if it were living a temple built for it in Nazjatar these days.

The TOMB was under the ocean, the isles were not.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    It's not canon.

The Broken Shore (with the Temple of Elune) was sunk into the sea, rest of the Broken Isles stayed on the surface.

The scale and look of the Titan facility is similar to the Engine of the Makers in Storm Peaks, which in part is part of Forge of Wills, built to nurture Azeroth's World Soul. This facility could have had similar purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    The TOMB was under the ocean, the isles were not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    The Broken Shore (with the Temple of Elune) was sunk into the sea, rest of the Broken Isles stayed on the surface.
    Alright, alright, my bad. Still, we're talking about the tomb.

Deleted

I guess they are very good at holding breath.

It really is as described, though. We keep having to resummon people every time somebody wanders off and gets lost in there, especially if Master looter gets left behind while the rest clear trash. I'm sure in time we'll get it, but I can't keep my directions straight inside even with a map.

As to the appearance, if you go back in after clearing some of the bosses and really look around, it's actually very visually awesome. Yes, there are parts of it that are clearly nightelven, but since it was a temple that should be obvious. Keep in mind that we are only seeing small sections of it at a time because the Legion holds the rest in an iron grip. There are doors inside that we simply can't open to look around because the raid wasn't designed for that. Had Blizzard opened the entire floorplan out they would have had to populate it with something to account for the size. Granted, doing so had the potential to make this place Ulduar 2.0 given how massive that would really make it.

TLDR; we are only seeing the parts of the Tomb that are accounted for in the raid. The rest is there, behind locked doors.