Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Jenga tower makes perfect sense.
    It even has a door to enter it at the base. Though I hope they don't put the NPC there. That platform will be really crowded.

But the pirates doing exchanges for treasure acquired in the tower would make sense.

All DoL at 70 and didn't have to upgrade a single item from my lvl 60 Ironworks set. Considering how much that set (and it's crafting equivalent) cost me nearly a year ago...it's nice to have gotten such great mileage out of them. I have a big fat 0% chance to get HQ mats off level 70 legendary nodes, though...

Wondering if yellow scrips and level 70 AF gear for gatherers/crafters will go into effect this week or if it will be the week of Omega Savage release. Can't recall anything on that note. Regardless of when, I simply hope yellow scrips aren't weekly capped a la red scripts (for the duration of HW).

Beat Lakshmi dummy with a few seconds to go 5 times in a row. I'm happy now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its a WW2 situation really. Nazis never had a chance when it was resources of the rest of the planet vs 'resources of one nation and what can be salvaged on the way'. If the Garleans could wage a war they wouldn't have stopped at gyr abania 25 years ago.
    I do think people overlook little facts, like how the Garleans are very careful about who they conquer. They act like a budget military, only going after targets when they have the opportunity. I am not saying they are weak, but we've not seen the shock and awe that is tied to giant empires in most fantasy and scifi settings (Well not since Gaius lost his fleet to Midgardsormir).

Another thing to consider. Pure blooded Garleans are a minority in the empire, the vast majority of their military force are conscripts. There are also tons of things we do not know, how stable is the empire under the current leader? How much of their military is an active garrison dealing with internal threats? Beast tribes, rebel/terrorists cells. Doma and Ala Mhigo resist so it's safe to assume it's not uncommon.

I also think people underestimate how much of a loss the empire suffered when they lost Gaius van Baelsar (rip) and the XIVth with him. With that said, I think we will learn soon enough why the Garleans are being pushed over so easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Can ps4 not have more than one hot bar showing at a time? I'd like to make a super tiny one in a straight line above my normal one just for my cds. I see pc can move even just 1 bar anywhere can ps4 not?
    Yeah you can need to go I not hotbar settings though and then choose to display it manually

Though I recommend setting up the W crossbar for it instead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Currently at 64, and I get ~180k for doing it on the roulette, but the full 600k for queueing for it manually. Just going to chalk it up to a weird bug that'll probably be getting fixed as soon as they can figure out how to squash it.
    Just completed Frontline roulette as level 60 Samurai, "You gain 585900 experience points".

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    when's new housing?

10char
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    when's new housing?
    Famitsu: Information on Shirogane was missing in the PLL, but when will it be implemented?
    Yoshida: It's a while away, so you won't have to worry about that yet.
    Famitsu: In other words, do you mean to release it in patch 4.2?
    Yoshida: No, I won't wait until patch 4.2. I think it will be somewhere in patch 4.1.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...eleased_in_41/
    http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs...w/1065476.html

Wish they'd just unlock so I wouldn't need to stress about if I get house or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    RDM is faceroll to the bone in POTD. Most things die with two casts which is really one Jolt and then a second instant cast because of Dualcast. At least that's how it is for me.
    Did 1-50 solo, it's... well, not quite that easy but still very quick. There's also the fun part of succubus's cast gets dual cast. Yeah, you can dual cast succubus's fireball thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    [I]
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...eleased_in_41/
    http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs...w/1065476.html

Wish they'd just unlock so I wouldn't need to stress about if I get house or not.
    same. saved up 41 million

Weird thing is, I'm not so much looking forward to Shirogane opening because of the new housing area as I am for the house move feature; I'd be perfectly happy if our FC house (medium) and our personals (small) could all be moved to a Mist ward. Then again, need to see if FC leader wants to move it at all or not...and to be perfectly fair, if the move option isn't open with Shirogane, I'm really not that bothered...I like my house and where it's located.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I'm not sure erasing A Realm Reborn, Heavensward, and Stormblood and pulling a WoW: Cataclysm is a particularly wise story progression. Yeah, the Garleans are technologically advanced, but that's how they put themselves on equal standing with magic users.
    It wouldn't be erasing really. When you consider that, so far, we've taken on the Garlean Legions one at a time. Were we to find ourselves fighting all of the remaining 12 at once we could very quickly find ourselves spread too thin and have to give up teritory to them. The idea of a Garlean counter attack, either in Eorzea or Doma, also isn't completely out of the question, we've given them a bloody nose, but they're still more than capable of regrouping and carrying on the fight.

When it comes to their technology, I'd say the Garleans are in fact way ahead in some areas than Magic. Like that absolutely massive cannon we see during the story. We also never get to see them using their air force really - Bringing the full armarda to a battlefield full of guys with swords is really going to tip the balance in their favour. They've also gone to some pretty extreme lengths with their science too, like what they did to Fordola, not to mention those abominations we fight during Castrum Abania. Those are things Magic can't do.

We really should be asking how a rag-tag bunch of farmers, pirates and Xaela were able to push them over at Doma - Our resistance cell was struggling to get enough weapons and armour to go around, where as the Garleans are shown to be very well equipped, with reasonably competant officers and a clear chain of command. For a terrifiying Empire seemingly bent on expansion, what we've seen of them so far is really lacking.

The answer could well be internal politics. That is, afterall, how most Empires are brought down. But until we know one way or the other, they come across as being a pretty poor threat to the average Eorzean.

It wouldn't be erasing really. When you consider that, so far, we've taken on the Garlean Legions one at a time. Were we to find ourselves fighting all of the remaining 12 at once we could very quickly find ourselves spread too thin and have to give up teritory to them. The idea of a Garlean counter attack, either in Eorzea or Doma, also isn't completely out of the question, we've given them a bloody nose, but they're still more than capable of regrouping and carrying on the fight.

When it comes to their technology, I'd say the Garleans are in fact way ahead in some areas than Magic. Like that absolutely massive cannon we see during the story. We also never get to see them using their air force really - Bringing the full armarda to a battlefield full of guys with swords is really going to tip the balance in their favour. They've also gone to some pretty extreme lengths with their science too, like what they did to Fordola, not to mention those abominations we fight during Castrum Abania. Those are things Magic can't do.

We really should be asking how a rag-tag bunch of farmers, pirates and Xaela were able to push them over at Doma - Our resistance cell was struggling to get enough weapons and armour to go around, where as the Garleans are shown to be very well equipped, with reasonably competant officers and a clear chain of command. For a terrifiying Empire seemingly bent on expansion, what we've seen of them so far is really lacking.

The answer could well be internal politics. That is, afterall, how most Empires are brought down. But until we know one way or the other, they come across as being a pretty poor threat to the average Eorzean.
    Honestly i dont think the empire proper is going to be a military conflict. I'm expecting something more akin to the final act of FFXV and what happened to Insomnia and whatever the name of XV's empires capital was. Forgettable villains aside the whole 'reason we dont see it is because all this time its been going to shit and thats why they are desperate to steal what power they can' feels like something they might be lead to working with the ascians in any regard.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they figure out a way to condense ceruleum into a form of crystal and summon whatever the human primal would be and just get tempered.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost lvl.58 on BSM after taking a break because of mining burnout (seriously 400 ore for one stack of ingots? blech) but im up to 275/320 desnyth and thats high steel at 100% and the lvl.65 dungeon greens at 73% desnyth. I hear of crazy people will all 3 at max, at a cost of like 40 million gil, but so far they say you can't desnyth verity gear yet so it looks like the level 70 dungeon greens, crafted items and maybe ex primal items are all you can desynth thus far at endgame. Maybe that will change with Omega next update.

As has been pointed out, most of the Garlean military are not actual Garleans, but conscripts and volunteers from their territories. Now, some people are bound to be loyal to a fault to Garlemald, or at least their fellow soldiers. But for others, faced with death or dismemberment at the hands of enemy forces in a land they personally care nothing about, surrender seems the better option. In the case of Doma, the Xaela carried that fight, IMO. For all the common folk were brave and numerous, it was the fierce Steppe tribes who really put the fear into them.

Combine that with Doma being under a skeleton force and it's easy to see how a number of Garlean soldiers would quickly go 'eff this!' and toss down their arms rather than get torn apart by blood-crazed Auri and cutthroat pirates.

10+ Year Old Account
    First things first, doubting a stepp people was a huge mistake many people, and empires did between 1206 and 1368. So I would not down play the potential of the Xaela. (Though I will admit as much as I liked the stepp story they left out so many clans, three of the largest in fact.) I wouldn't doubt a conquest hungry united 52 clan Xaela invasion could have pushed out the token force of Garleans alone.

However I don't think the Garlean empire is as stable as we outsiders are lead to believe. The last bold moves the Empire took were all at the hands of the Black wolf, which would be the 1.0 and 2.0 story arc. Needless to say he failed. However you should look at everything the Empire lost.

The Dragons lead by Midgardsormr did some serious damage to the XIVth air ship fleet, we have no idea the casualties the empire sustained during that conflict alone. Then there's the entire 1.0 story, and Behamut no doubt inflicting even more casualties. Then there is the 2.0 arc which, we don't get to really see the battle between the Empire and the Alliance, but I think it's pretty safe to assume after the losses from both Midgardsormr and Behamut that the XIVth is much weaker than it ever has been. We know how that ends with the head being chopped off the snake.

Since then we know they had a war of succession, we have no idea how much Garlamond was hurt by this cival war. I don't really feel them crushing a single city state at a time a very good gauge of the power of the empire. Zenos moving in and crushing the Domin rebellion yet again was not really a muscle flex, it is hard to gauge how powerful the empire really is at the moment. We know how powerful they were, we know the Black wolf and his XIVth air fleet was mighty and powerful.

As of right now as I said before, we don't know how much the loss of the XIVth and the War of Succession hit Garlamond proper. We do not know how much of a Garrison they have though out the empire to keep order. There is to many unknowns right now to make a proper conclusion and as of right now there is no need for whistle blowing.

.... with that said, if more information comes out, I will drastically change my opinion accordingly.
    I AM the victim.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing people need to remember is that groups like DRGS excel at anti air conbat, dragons could EASILY join in a war with them (be it revenge for Middy or the garland love of allagan technology which they have more hate then love for)

Then we also have our own tech now and so many nations and allies it is insane.

I just think people are underestimating magic and I think it was once mentioned eorzea actually has ALOT more aether around it then other lands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    One thing people need to remember is that groups like DRGS excel at anti air conbat, dragons could EASILY join in a war with them (be it revenge for Middy or the garland love of allagan technology which they have more hate then love for)

Then we also have our own tech now and so many nations and allies it is insane.

I just think people are underestimating magic and I think it was once mentioned eorzea actually has ALOT more aether around it then other lands
    I bet you Ishgardian Dragonslayer cannons would rip air ships apart.
    I AM the victim.

Fished this little guy up.....twice. So, in position to make 2 million gil on my server

It's also possible that the Garlean Emperor deliberately did not support Zenos. The Zenos storyline reminded me a lot of Lois McMaster Bujold's Shards of Honor.

In Shards of Honor, the Barrayan Emperor starts a war with Beta Colony, sending the Crown Prince in command of an invading fleet. The Betans have a secret weapon, which they use to destroy the Barrayan flagship and Crown Prince, and force the Barrayans to retreat. It turns out that the dying Barrayan Emperor knew of the secret weapon, and knew his heir was unfit to rule (the Crown Prince was unstable and vicious, much like Zenos) and so orchestrated the war to give the Crown Prince a glorious death in battle and prevent him from coming to power and wrecking the Empire.

As the Garlean Emperor says at the end, "Monsters do not belong on thrones." I don't think the Garlean Emperor orchestrated events, but he may have deliberately left Zenos without support. Either Zenos triumphs and destroys the enemies of Garlemad, or Zenos is killed and Garlemad is spared a mad emperor.