Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Honestly i dont think the empire proper is going to be a military conflict. I'm expecting something more akin to the final act of FFXV and what happened to Insomnia and whatever the name of XV's empires capital was. Forgettable villains aside the whole 'reason we dont see it is because all this time its been going to shit and thats why they are desperate to steal what power they can' feels like something they might be lead to working with the ascians in any regard.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they figure out a way to condense ceruleum into a form of crystal and summon whatever the human primal would be and just get tempered.

- - - Updated - - -

Almost lvl.58 on BSM after taking a break because of mining burnout (seriously 400 ore for one stack of ingots? blech) but im up to 275/320 desnyth and thats high steel at 100% and the lvl.65 dungeon greens at 73% desnyth. I hear of crazy people will all 3 at max, at a cost of like 40 million gil, but so far they say you can't desnyth verity gear yet so it looks like the level 70 dungeon greens, crafted items and maybe ex primal items are all you can desynth thus far at endgame. Maybe that will change with Omega next update.
    With HQ Tinker Calm and Bacon Broth, I'm just over 50% chance at 270ish on LTW and GSM...WVR is a bit behind. That's for the ilvl 300 drops from current level 70 dungeons. I should just spam dungeons on DRK and/or WHM to push that along (since these new dungeons bathe people in gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    As of right now as I said before, we don't know how much the loss of the XIVth and the War of Succession hit Garlamond proper. We do not know how much of a Garrison they have though out the empire to keep order. There is to many unknowns right now to make a proper conclusion and as of right now there is no need for whistle blowing.
    Yes indeed. However those times when they did have their shit together, they did a pretty good job of, ya know... Conquering places and building an Empire. That Garlamond would be a suitably threatening opponent for us, one that would draw upon practically everything we could throw at them for us to win.

The Garlamond we have in game now are at the point where they're struggling to deal with us . In terms of narrative stakes, that makes them completely unthreatening for us. If they are to truely be one of the bad guys in the games story, they'd damn well better have a Death Star hidden away somewhere.

Moving on. Why are there no decent hair and beard options in this game? Is it so much to ask for a completely bald hair cut and a full Gandalf beard in a Fantasy game? .

How to tell you have played FFXIV too much recently: When your UI/minimap frames have burned into your screen

Noticed this when playing Fallout 4, I thought I was seeing phantoms but nope, FFXIV UI very slightly visible, at the lower right corner! Can't possible be because of intensive afking (before the timer/daily disconnect), my screen was set up to turn itself off after 3-5 hours of idling O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    How to tell you have played FFXIV too much recently: When your UI/minimap frames have burned into your screen

Noticed this when playing Fallout 4, I thought I was seeing phantoms but nope, FFXIV UI very slightly visible, at the lower right corner! Can't possible be because of intensive afking (before the timer/daily disconnect), my screen was set up to turn itself off after 3-5 hours of idling O_o
    Why such a long time? I have mines set to 20 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post

Fished this little guy up.....twice. So, in position to make 2 million gil on my server
    Oooo, nice. In the middle of leveling up fishing atm. How rare is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    It's also possible that the Garlean Emperor deliberately did not support Zenos. The Zenos storyline reminded me a lot of Lois McMaster Bujold's Shards of Honor.
    Don't think he cared much for the whims of a bored, spoiled brat. Probably had waaay bigger fish to fry.
    Also, the empire doesn't seem to be strong on "supporting the weak". He either manages on his own, or he is unworthy and dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Why such a long time? I have mines set to 20 minutes.
    I don't know, Netflix? I mean so it doesn't shut off randomly when watching movies, maybe? To be honest I haven't tested if watching something counts as idling. I'll keep that in mind if I can't fix the image retention on this one, for once I bought a BenQ 144hz screen a year ago, can't have this one displaying permanent FFXIV UI elements :P

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    I don't know, Netflix? I mean so it doesn't shut off randomly when watching movies, maybe? To be honest I haven't tested if watching something counts as idling. I'll keep that in mind if I can't fix the image retention on this one, for once I bought a BenQ 144hz screen a year ago, can't have this one displaying permanent FFXIV UI elements :P
    Monitors don't go idle if you're watching a video.

15+ Year Old Account
    First time seeing Lakshmi doggo on 68 kills and I get beat by 3 on the roll

just fuck my shit up lads

Balance adjustments incoming, minor stuff with 4.01, with more changes with 4.05 release.

From translations on Reddit:

Full adjustments will be done on Patch 4.05, when Omega Savage is out

All adjustments will be performed based on players feedback while at the same time performing adjustments along the way

Tank roles and it's numbers will be adjustment for 4.05 - Mainly on Emnity(edited)

They do know that the emnity rate at this point is problematic and they are going to address it

Even with patch 4.01 that is going to released today, they STILL need your voice and opinion on this so please keep the voices coming

4.01 might see some changes on skills that were released since 4.0

4.01 see the release of Omega, and for its first series, some job actions will see adjustments

The adjustments will tackle more on the usable feel of the job, and detailed potencies and numbers will be adjusted to reflect that. Patch notes will detail on this because there are A LOT of them adjusted, and the numbers are still currently adjusted.

On major adjustments however, the details will be reveiled at the 37th Live Letter on July 15th

Similarly, keep your voices coming and don't stop

on DPS balance and DPS roles, Though stated at the previous Live Letter, Yoship will want to reconfirm on things once again:
    For now, everyone seems to be focusing on SAM damage and is comparing with other dps jobs, for dev teams however, they based the damage on numbers based on soloing enemies, and did not perform adjustments based on aligning with other jobs. Their direction is revealed to be this

Putting out damages without any support (Damage coming out from purely you yourself)

How will it affect you when you do mechanics (With jobs affected easily by mechanics doing high damage, while jobs affected not much by mechanics, doing lower damage)

When in full party, by raising the party member damage through actions, influencing other player member's damage, and its total. Now, with consideration of 3 points above, they have been doing adjustments as much as possible and aligning the jobs together and adjust from there. For example a DRG that in party raises huge damage in party DPS, but when in comes to single performance alone, it's overall damage will deal lower than SAM, while in reverse, since SAM has no party utility to begin with, SAM's single player performance is thus adjusted to be the highest of all. That's the gap they were aiming for. In addition to that, "jobs that affected easily by mechanics, and whether they can attack enemies while in range or not", all those factors mentioned above, are included as well.

They realized that they don't expect 100% on what they did was correct and all, and without omega Delta Savage, they can't really get the proper assessment on whether it's correctly done or not, but for glaring mistakes, they will have it done by 4.05 when Savage Omega opens. So once you got through Omega Savage, please give them feedbacks so that they know where it went wrong

On Tank stats
    YoshiP and his team knows that in order to utilize emnity better, tanks are resorted to using i270 STR accessories to make them perform better in jobs

As for feedbacks on wanting VIt to be the main stat again, they will NOT, for now, reverting it back because it will cause HP inflation. And adjusting it to balance damage and HP is extremely hard right now.

Due to Tanks that use i270 STR right now might cause burden for healers due to HP issues, they are now implementing solution and make it happen by 4.05

Patience is hence required for now as they do recognize the problem, and they are working on it right now to solve it

Use the info you get right now, and keep providing feedback to us before Live Letter and discussion forums so that they can read yours and work on it. And updates will be relayed through forums, and the Live Letter as well, so keep it up
    I'll leave it to our tank gurus here...but I figured the whole purpose of 270 str accessories was mainly to pump out more damage, since even running without any vit on right side gear, (good) tanks aren't having much trouble staying alive with good cd use. I don't even know if I've run into a tank doing that as of yet...but I haven't run the EX primals yet (too focused on getting crafting maxed out) nor have I run expert roulette in a week...hell I had enough verity from hunting that I upgraded my BLM retainer to ilvl 300 with verity gear, heh.

I do agree that I would want to see some initial data/observations from Omega (even normal mode) before any major changes are made. I mean...look at all the crying about WHM during the new ability reveal, and look how the healer balance is now, heh.
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2017-07-04 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Formatting/spacing

Quote Originally Posted by Raxshas View Post
    Monitors don't go idle if you're watching a video.
    Then the only question that remains would be if the extensive playtime with Stormblood has caused this, I suppose I have not played much else than this game for a long while

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Balance adjustments incoming, minor stuff with 4.01, with more changes with 4.05 release.

From translations on Reddit:

I'll leave it to our tank gurus here...but I figured the whole purpose of 270 str accessories was mainly to pump out more damage, since even running without any vit on right side gear, (good) tanks aren't having much trouble staying alive with good cd use. I don't even know if I've run into a tank doing that as of yet...but I haven't run the EX primals yet (too focused on getting crafting maxed out) nor have I run expert roulette in a week...hell I had enough verity from hunting that I upgraded my BLM retainer to ilvl 300 with verity gear, heh.

I do agree that I would want to see some initial data/observations from Omega (even normal mode) before any major changes are made. I mean...look at all the crying about WHM during the new ability reveal, and look how the healer balance is now, heh.
    Personally I never had threat issues but maybe if you have a competent Samurai and Red Mage? Iunno since they do have Diversion or whatever its called. I guess they are seeing threat issues considering they are buffing the enmity of several abilities for all three tanks.

As far as gear I feel a likely scenario is them adding STR to fending accessories from Stormblood content for the short term. Afterwards I can see them going back to the old way of both VIT and STR increasing damage in 4.1 but most likely 4.2.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I'll leave it to our tank gurus here...but I figured the whole purpose of 270 str accessories was mainly to pump out more damage, since even running without any vit on right side gear, (good) tanks aren't having much trouble staying alive with good cd use.
    Am I reading that right? They don't want tanks to use Tanking accessories because they'd have too much HP? That seems a little bit backwards, especially when you consider that they're currently unable to wear high level STR accessories anyway, and that Fending Accessories are designed for tanks exclusively.

I hope it's a dodgy translation. Otherwise it sounds as though they're fine with tanks using gear thats 10 levels out of date and from an older expansion. Either way, just slapping Enimity increases on everything every couple of patches is a very short-term fix to what is going to be a long term problem.

Deleted
    I play A SAM
    I'm probably not the best of the best - but what tank has trouble maintaining aggro in SB?

The aggro-combos push them so far ahead, it's impossible to keep up if they keep going for it - which is why good tanks switch to DPS combos at some point... or so I thought.

I'm doing 4,2-4,3k DPS on dummies, and whenever my PLD friend does his aggro stuff, I'm at like 10%-20% of his bar.
    Maybe I'll have to watch it more for a longer period of time, but then again, there is / should be no tank that is exclusively using threat combos (because they don't need to).

I don't understand the VIT vs STR part either. Isn't VIT the current mainstat? Right-Side gear for tanks has VIT on it, doesn't it?
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-07-04 at 08:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I never had threat issues but maybe if you have a competent Samurai and Red Mage? Iunno since they do have Diversion or whatever its called. I guess they are seeing threat issues considering they are buffing the enmity of several abilities for all three tanks.
    I've only had some struggles during the start as some people (mostly RDMs, myself included) unleases the burst at start.
    Never had any enmity problems during the fights, though, as a double DA Power Slash is generally enough to keep the enmity for the whole fight. +1/2 extra during the fight, depending on whether they are skilled or not.

As far as gear I feel a likely scenario is them adding STR to fending accessories from Stormblood content for the short term. Afterwards I can see them going back to the old way of both VIT and STR increasing damage in 4.1 but most likely 4.2.
    Less likely as that would mean tanks won't be touched by the new weakness. Thus meaning you can force a death due to a mechanic (and thereon bypass unnecessary healing/overhealing/coordinations/mechanics) and then just continue on after having swapped the enmity towards the other tank due to the death.
    I do presume they'll add some STR on the VIT, hardcapping it at half or even less of VIT.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Am I reading that right? They don't want tanks to use Tanking accessories because they'd have too much HP? That seems a little bit backwards, especially when you consider that they're currently unable to wear high level STR accessories anyway, and that Fending Accessories are designed for tanks exclusively.

I hope it's a dodgy translation. Otherwise it sounds as though they're fine with tanks using gear thats 10 levels out of date and from an older expansion. Either way, just slapping Enimity increases on everything every couple of patches is a very short-term fix to what is going to be a long term problem.
    It's weird because the sentence before it specifically talks about how they don't want tanks using 270 STR accessories but then they don't want HP to get out of control with VIT? Yet there are no SB accessories that you can get that have only STR on them. Def some dodgy translation there or the dialogue got muddled somewhere along the way.

What I feel they meant is that if they added damage scaling to VIT then tanks would be able to survive shit while still doing high damage. That high damage could possibly cause some unbalance in the upcoming raid. This makes sense considering they're also buffing enmity for all classes if they foresee us needing that extra VIt to survive. We'll see though.

Less likely as that would mean tanks won't be touched by the new weakness. Thus meaning you can force a death due to a mechanic (and thereon bypass unnecessary healing/overhealing/coordinations/mechanics) and then just continue on after having swapped the enmity towards the other tank due to the death.
    I do presume they'll add some STR on the VIT, hardcapping it at half or even less of VIT.
    That's true. I forgot about the new weakness. I cant wait for the live letter on the 15th.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's weird because the sentence before it specifically talks about how they don't want tanks using 270 STR accessories but then they don't want HP to get out of control with VIT? Yet there are no SB accessories that you can get that have only STR on them. Def some dodgy translation there or the dialogue got muddled somewhere along the way.

What I feel they meant is that if they added damage scaling to VIT then tanks would be able to survive shit while still doing high damage. That high damage could possibly cause some unbalance in the upcoming raid. This makes sense considering they're also buffing enmity for all classes if they foresee us needing that extra VIt to survive. We'll see though.

That's true. I forgot about the new weakness. I cant wait for the live letter on the 15th.
    Exactly as you said.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post4263595
    ■Damage Calculations for Tank Roles■
    Lastly, players have expressed concern that enmity is difficult to sustain. Some have taken to using ilv 270 STR accessories to address the issue, and numerous measures have been put forth. We've received requests for damage calculations to be made VIT-based again, like they were during the 3.X patch series. As VIT also influences HP, however, adjusting it is liable to lead to HP inflation, and so we have no plan to adopt this method at present. (VIT-based damage was deemed workable during 3.X and was employed in the interim.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I play A SAM
    I'm probably not the best of the best - but what tank has trouble maintaining aggro in SB?

The aggro-combos push them so far ahead, it's impossible to keep up if they keep going for it - which is why good tanks switch to DPS combos at some point... or so I thought.

I'm doing 4,2-4,3k DPS on dummies, and whenever my PLD friend does his aggro stuff, I'm at like 10%-20% of his bar.
    Maybe I'll have to watch it more for a longer period of time, but then again, there is / should be no tank that is exclusively using threat combos (because they don't need to).
    You'd be surprised to see how everyday tanks (as in, queueing in solo) belitte the DPS by straight up DPSing instead of doing their enmity combo at least twice.
    I've managed to get killed by bosses far more by generating too much enmity (despite the fact I always use Diversion at pull) because their enmity goes low throughout the fight and my damage as a RDM is through the roof, so much as I go through the roof and drop dead due to pulling enmity of the tank.

If the tank knows how to play (tanking, that is), then they'll do whatever they can do hold the enmity to allow the DPS to deal their full potential.
    If the tank doesn't know how to play, then you'll never fully be able to damage the boss unless you want to be resource starved by popping Lucid Dreaming a few seconds into the start and to heal the tank because the damage spells generate way too much enmity (by the tank not using their enmity/hate combo).

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    I don't understand the VIT vs STR part either. Isn't VIT the current mainstat? Right-Side gear for tanks has VIT on it, doesn't it?
    VIT is the main stat for tanks and was the utmost desired stat from 3.1(?) and outward due to scaling as if it was STR (attack power/weaponskill potency increase).
    This got removed in Stormblood because of the new Weakness effect which reduces STR, DEX, INT and MND by 25% per stack (up to 50% reduced stats).

This wouldn't hurt a tank if they still scaled on VIT as one of the new wonders of the new weakness is that HP doesn't dip down, allowing you to do the fights as they are suppoed to do as opposed to HW (and ARR) where once you had two stacks, you would drop dead in most cases if you continued to follow the mechanics.

Deleted
    But how does that affect HP inflation - that's the part I'm not getting.

As VIT also influences HP, however, adjusting it is liable to lead to HP inflation, and so we have no plan to adopt this method at present. (VIT-based damage was deemed workable during 3.X and was employed in the interim.)
    Whether VIT increases attackpower or not doesn't matter.
    The only way to fix this would be a 50/50 approach or something, at least that would put the HP inflation a little bit back - wouldn't stop it completely either. But then againn - what's wrong with it?
    Healer gear gets better too. If the HP remains roughly the same, healers will get way too effective at some point.

If tuning is needed, then their attackpower/potency ratio has to be recalculated.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-07-04 at 09:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    . . . I mean technically speaking more tank DPS= more Enmity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.