Is PVP still a good way to level 50-60? I'm leveling my SAM a bit and just wondering what methods work best?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Huh strang also which tank has the most hp warriors? I want my first tank I play you just load up on vit
    As far as HP goes, WAR is the beefy one. In fact, their tanking stance increases their maximum HP by 25%, lowering damage done by 20% and increases healing done (and taken) by 20%. The lowered damage part can be negated for 20sec using a ability called Unchained with 120sec cooldown, and increase their damage by 20% using the ability Berserk which has 60sec cooldown.

For survivability, PLDs rocks the top with an ability which completely negates damage and has a healing ability called Clemency.
    DRKs can be a part of the living dead by using their ability called "Living Dead", defying death for until 10 secs (usually a bit shorter) and can be brought back to life by healing 100% of your HP within those 10 seconds. Their way of active mitigation is the combo-ed Souleater and Dark Arts Abyssal Drain AoE ability.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Is PVP still a good way to level 50-60? I'm leveling my SAM a bit and just wondering what methods work best?
    They tweaked the experience gains when the patch launched today, retaining the same experience when getting first place/winning(?) and at a reduced rate for coming later/losing. Most likely more dungeon spam at 60+, but you could always try to do a match or two of PvP.

PvP is still good but fates with dungeons is more faster but not by much.

Meaning of you like pvp go ahead you won't lose out on much
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

lvl.69 BSM and 299/320 desnyth. Time to get lost in Molybdenum Ore mining FOREVER AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOHGOD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    I understand it, but if you go into a group that is not specifically stated as being 'going in blind, no fight spoilers', then you must accept they happen, and getting mad about it just proves what a short-sighted fool you are. To me it's like walking into a club with a sign up that says 'Movie plot discussion meeting' and getting mad cos someone spoiled the ending of a film you hadn't seen. Personal responsibility, people.
    I understand it too. Going into a fight not knowing everything has a certain thrill to it. But it's not like we are taking 10 minutes to go through the fight step by step. Giving some general pointers isn't spoiling the experience for people.

Also PvP still seems decent enough. It's not the end all be all anymore though which I don't disagree with.

Personally, I usually just smash my way through Levequests and Beast Tribe dailies while queued up for roulettes for 50-60. I find I can get through all 100 Leves in ~2 hours or so which usually nets me a good couple of levels. If you have any left over side quests you can do those too, they'll net you a tidy sum each for the time commitment they take.

I would avoid the roulette queues if you have nothing to do in the mean time though. They're extremely long as DPS right now, and being sat on your hands in Ishgard while you wait for it to pop is a waste of your time. While PvP did get it's XP lowered if you lose, POTD is still as fast as ever.

It mostly boils down to what you'd prefer to do. More or less everything is a viable path to max level, so you just pick the one you like the best and roll with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    New expansion out, raid opened today - and I'm sitting here bored, lol.

Hopefully addition of weekly tomestones will help a bit, otherwise it's going to be long wait until patch 4.1.

Man i just got the achievement for mining 5000 items in SB already. BSM is a thirsty job to craft with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post

Hopefully addition of weekly tomestones will help a bit, otherwise it's going to be long wait until patch 4.1.
    I actually feel the exact same way. I'm bored with the game, and it happened a lot faster this time than Heavensward. I haven't even finished the MSQ.

Starting to have that effect as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, some people do want to go in blind, it's day #1 after all.
    Still not an excuse to be rude to people who are trying to help you out. You wanna go in blind? Make a premade PF party that specifically states it.

When someone helps me mechanics wise they get a commendation. Not an earful.

10+ Year Old Account

And so begins the cycle of an MMO

Honestly I'm still doing pretty good. I'm leveling my White Mage and Red Mage right now and helping out some friends as they finish up the MSQ and/or gear up. It's been nice and relaxing honestly. Omega was a nice little addition to my day. I'm looking forward to seeing how some of those Omega fights end up getting enhanced in Savage mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    As far as HP goes, WAR is the beefy one. In fact, their tanking stance increases their maximum HP by 25%, lowering damage done by 20% and increases healing done (and taken) by 20%. The lowered damage part can be negated for 20sec using a ability called Unchained with 120sec cooldown, and increase their damage by 20% using the ability Berserk which has 60sec cooldown.

For survivability, PLDs rocks the top with an ability which completely negates damage and has a healing ability called Clemency.
    DRKs can be a part of the living dead by using their ability called "Living Dead", defying death for until 10 secs (usually a bit shorter) and can be brought back to life by healing 100% of your HP within those 10 seconds. Their way of active mitigation is the combo-ed Souleater and Dark Arts Abyssal Drain AoE ability.
    I really wouldn't call hallowed ground a top rocking CD, the cool down is far too long. Hell that's the thing with Paladins in general their defensive cooldowns are just far too long. Just compare Sentinel to Vengeance and Shadow wall.

PLD: Sentinel 3 minute CD, 10 second duration 40% damage reduction.

WAR: Vengeance, 2 minute CD, 15 second duration 30% damage reduction 50 potency dealt back to all attackers.

DRK: Shadow Wall 3 minute CD, 10 second duration 30% damage reduction.

I mean in practice Sentinel = Shadow Wall because the 10% will not make or break you on a tank buster unless you or your healer have already made a massive mistake. Vengeance's lower CD and longer duration not to mention the extra damage you get from it really takes the cake out of those CDs

Honestly across the board I'd say WAR probably have the stronger CDs when it comes down to tanks. Let's exclude the Tank Role abilities.

PLD: Bulwark, 3 minute CD, 15 second duration, 60% increased block chance.

WAR: Raw intuition 1.5 minute CD, 20 second duration, 100% parry chance from the front, all flank and back attacks on you become crits.

DRK: Dark Mind 1 minute CD, 10 second duration, 15% magic damage reduction (30% with Dark arts.)

Throwing Dark Mind there only because with out Dark Dance DRK no longer has a comparable CD in this slot. Bulwark is better than it used to be with spell blocking being a thing. However a 3 minute CD for only 15 second duration is steep. The only draw back Raw intuition is user error, but if you're good about your positioning the crit trade off is really nothing.

PLD: Hallowed Ground, CD seven minutes, 10 second duration, complete damage immunity

WAR: Holmgang three minute CD, 6 second duration, binds you and the target together and you cannot die for the duration.

DRK: Living Dead, five minute CD, 10 duration, Any damage that would have killed you won't as long as it is healed up before the duration ends.

The PLD CD is just too long to write home about, you do not need a target to use it which is nice compared to Holmgang. Holmgang can get you killed if you use it wrong, not being able to move can screw you. You also need a target to use it unlike both Living dead and Livind Dead. However it's short cool down means you can use it more than either Living dead or Hallowed Ground.

When it comes down to the three tanks, PLD is the most forgiving with their defensive CDs. However if used right and understanding the risks involved with them WAR really has stronger CDs. DRK CDs are solid for the most part, Dark mind a side, I really feel they are just worse versions of the WAR CDs. (Though Souleater blows Stormspath out of the gods damned water. However this analysis is not a complete Tank vs Tank, it's Tank CD vs Tank CD.)

The thing that should be taken from all this is the fact that PLD CDs tend to be more forgiving the risk involved with them. I wouldn't really call any of them rocking the top when compared to other tank CDs though.

Now... the rest of the tank tool kit is a another story completely, a write up for that will take far more time then I currently have.

Edit note, I know I left out Shake it off (Fuck everyone who had anything to do with this CD) Tempered Will, Equilibrium, and Thrill of Battle. I did not feel they were important to draw the clear comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Huh strang also which tank has the most hp warriors? I want my first tank I play you just load up on vit
    WAR but they do not value Vit any more than the other tanks. Their bloated Healthpool is from Defiance and their Thrill of Battle CD. Actually one of the few good things I have to say about Stormblood WAR is how Upheavals damage goes up the more HP you have. So while in Defiance and using Thrill of Battle it hits like a truck.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2017-07-05 at 02:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

I'm just settling into a routine of dailies and leveling, myself. Do my Hunts and Beast Tribes, run POTD to farm Verity sets/get XP. Got ACN to 70, got my Verity Caster set, working on Verity Healer set, starting to level MCH cos I already have most of the gear for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Still not an excuse to be rude to people who are trying to help you out. You wanna go in blind? Make a premade PF party that specifically states it.

When someone helps me mechanics wise they get a commendation. Not an earful.
    I like my new content.. well, new - which is why I went and did it pretty quick after maintenance ended. Had nobody spoiling tactics there, so could try to figure out stuff myself. I might sigh, but I wouldn't say anything in-game if somebody would spoil them.

I just feel lost in-game at the moment; there's no caps on tomes - heck even yellow scrips can be gained as much as you want to, we won't see beast-tribe dailies for next few months, and Savage raiding is still at least two weeks away and most static members aren't ready for it yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Hmm, so they added new items to the 1-50 treasure bags from deep dungeon, no doubt to get ques popping again when everyones doing 51-60, question of course is what valuables can you get *_*
    No, they changed silver bags, which are floor 101-150.

I enjoyed Omega. Fun fights.

I wish they'd let you match-queue for 101+ and just let people start there. Require, say, 70 Aether to queue. So nobody can go in a complete gimp. Having to spend an hour just to GET to 101 is bad enough without getting a group to go with you. Maybe when the new DD is released they'll relinquish some of the restrictions on POTD 101+ so people might still do it instead of only doing the new one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since I can't play till tomorrow night, how was omega? Ezpz?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Since I can't play till tomorrow night, how was omega? Ezpz?
    Relatively easy, first time confusion might cause a wipe. Mechanics pretty straightforward to learn while you fight with very few exceptions. Also, epic battle themes all around.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Relatively easy, first time confusion might cause a wipe. Mechanics pretty straightforward to learn while you fight with very few exceptions. Also, epic battle themes all around.
    Nice. As much as i like this vacation, i really want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    from their last live letter it was something like "people asked for classic samurai armor, so we made all the raid sets look like them"

don't really get it tbh.
    Trolling lol

I cannot wait for contest gear myself

- - - Updated - - -

Well, some people do want to go in blind, it's day #1 after all.
    Noticed a few hours hell one sometimes is enough to make blind evil