Page 12 of 109 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Anyone defending CNN, basically supports the following:

"If you disagree with me, you are a idiot. Because you are an idiot you will shut up. If you do not shut up I will MAKE you shut up by banning you, or killing you. If that does not work then I will name and shame you and force compliance because you are an idiot. I have the moral and mental superiority here. See, I am right, you are wrong. I have the power, and you do not. You dare disagree with me? You dare speak out of turn?"

Infracted.
    Don't know if you noticed buddy, but you're essentially doing that very thing, in this post

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Do we really need two threads for this unsubstantiated rumour ?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing to defend, they did nothing wrong.... just more Trump supporters trying to kill main stream professional news.
    going after an individual for creating an average mean 4chan-like meme ( which there are 9999 on the net) just because trump reposted it and got you triggered by it, wow, and threatening him with releasing his personal info while bragging about it on their MAIN PAGE ( i guess even bin ladens death announcement had smaller letters in it). Wow, totally appropriate for the second well-known news outlet in the world.

I guess next time they ll just send some cool antifa people to punch those filthy trump supporters!

This organization deserves to die in total agony .fake news + thug news. disgusting.
    Last edited by Dmitro; 2017-07-05 at 10:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Don't know if you noticed buddy, but you're essentially doing that very thing, in this post
    By all means, elaborate.

"I support CNN doing this, although I think they should have revealed his name instead."

you better join your local antifa guys so you can meet lots of like-minded people and together punch those filthy trump memers ( cnn will provide you with all the info)

And if CNN decides to hunt down every single shit poster on the net you'll have literally tons of joyful job to be done. Imagine making trump supporters life worse while also being kinda payed for it?

Do we really need two threads for this unsubstantiated rumour ?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing to defend, they did nothing wrong.... just more Trump supporters trying to kill main stream professional news.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/04/po...eet/index.html

CNN stated that they reserve the right to doxx. So are you saying that CNN are Trump supporters? Since they themselves, on their own site, have stated this intention. How does this remain unsubstantiated? Them saying it isn't enough, it is still a rumour? And doxxing minors hardly qualifies as professional news. This is what you are defending. Do you have any idea how ludicrous you sound?

This isn't a left/right issue. Condemning CNN isn't a pro Trump statement. You are partisan beyond belief. To imply that all people who are criticising CNN are Trump supporters....it actually hurts my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm sorry but that's utter bullshit, they don't have any direct power over individuals so they are not an authority, you cannot just redefine a word - in this case only the state is an authority.
    I'm not, we're having a disagreement in that you think authoritarianism only exists at governmental level, which is wrong. It typically comes in that form, but it's not limited to it.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    going after an individual
    Well, if there were any ACTUAL evidence of that ...

Did they send hit men out?
    Did they plan on publishing fake info about him?

Just curious, exactly what 'crime' do you mistakenly believe they did ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

so did they actually doxx him or what? article says they found him via FB but withheld his info from publication

Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    so did they actually doxx him or what? article says they found him via FB but withheld his info from publication
    "we will not release your personal info if you apologize"

CNN 2017

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    CNN stated that they reserve the right to doxx.
    LOL - now publishing the identity of someone in the news is a crime.

This is REALLY clutching at straws.... news has been publishing the names of people since news started doing news.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

Well, if there were any ACTUAL evidence of that ...

Did they send hit men out?
    Did they plan on publishing fake info about him?

Just curious, exactly what 'crime' do you mistakenly believe they did ?
    in their original text they had something like " we will not release his personal info as long as he doesnt withdraw his apology ( apology for what lol?)"
    you can find an actual quote in this thread.

Cnn forces a kid to apologize for creating a meme while giving him a choice of doing so or having his personal info released.

Thug news at its finest.

"we will not release your personal info if you apologize"
    Oh, you mean getting him to apologise for his record of hate speech and the like.

Seems CNN did the guy a favour, and now everyone is whinging about it.

- - - Updated - - -

in their original text they had something like " we will not release his personal info as long as he doesnt withdraw his apology ( apology for what lol?)"
    Haven't found that quote anywhere in the article, however - as to apology for what, that would be for his history of hate speech etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I'm not approving of doxxing, period.
    Yet, "that 15 yrs old kid" is known to be quite the antisemite/nazi paroles spreading asshole.
    So, before you suggest him for sainthood, consider that too.
    For context: I don't approve of rape, but she dressed like a slut.

That the characters in need of protection are of dubious moral/social/ethical/criminal standing is a universal through these conversations. Nobody is interested in defending the virtuous, because they rarely are in trouble anyway.
    Some protections we put into law
    -We defend the right to live of petty criminals: robbing a store should not be met with a bullet.
    -We defend the right to protest of agitated students: burning trashcans through the streets should not be met with assault.
    And some we don't, to give us wiggle room.
    Defending these little shits is the whole point. It's recognizing their equal access to rights, if talking about legislation. But it extends to social privileges not codified into law.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    If I happen to breach into your otherwise by yourself protected private information and possibly even obtain more of it, to then post it for all the world to see.. That is doxxing..
    But, if I would access your openly accessible forum profile info here, or your facebook profile and then post that information somewhere else that isn't doxxing.
    You've published that information yourself already.
    Doxxing is broadcasting private information independently of it being publicly available. A great amount of people can be easily traced through no fault of their own: friends often inadvertently share enough of your information, by tagging you on a facebook picture, by including strangers in a chain of forwarded e-mails or whatevs. That information can be acquired without any breach; and, when broadcasted to "out" you from your little expectation for anonymity becomes a doxx.
    Doxxing, in the US, is protected speech, far as I know, so long as the means of acquiring the information are not illegal themselves.
    It's a highly hostile move.
    Approving of it or not is a personal mater, I guess. Personally, I find it abhorrent. And I also find abhorrent the people who stop their moral compass at legislation.

I don't even see a big issue here.
    It was clear that CNN would try to find the maker of that video clip. They did not know it was a boy at this time, I bet they also would have preferred some middle aged southern alt-righter they can screen and make fun of for weeks.

But as soon as they found out it was just some boy they just let it slip with that surely unreasonable but probably default disclaimer.
    Someone talked about the Streisand effect this might cause for CNN, but it also works both ways. Reporting this issue on twitter via #CNNblackmail: If CNN can find out who the creator of the video was, others can too and they are now a much greater threat for doxing that boy's information than CNN.

LOL - now publishing the identity of someone in the news is a crime.
    I never said it was a crime. I suggested that doxxing is an unethical act.

This is REALLY clutching at straws.... news has been publishing the names of people since news started doing news.
    Indeed they have. Threatening to publish the personal details of a minor because they aren't politically aligned with you, however, is a very different act, and you know it.

We both know that if someone posted a video showing Hilary smashing someone with Breitbart on their head, and Clinton shared it, then Breitbart threatened to reveal the personal details of the person who made the original unless they changed their ways, then your take on it would be very different. Or if not Clinton, Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Oh, you mean getting him to apologise for his record of hate speech and the like.
    Okay now say me what in the world they CNN have to do with

1) him
    2) his life
    3) his record of opinions/shiposts.
    4) his private information

When literally all he did was

1) create a meme ( again there are 99999999 more offensive on the net)
    2) post it on reddit or somewhere.
    3) thats it ( he didnt make Trump post this on twitter in any ways)

?????

Since when one of the most well known world outlets behave like a gang of pissed 17 y olds.

Wow, look at CNN being the adults and threatening an online troll. Good for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    By all means, elaborate.
    Any disapproving remark can be thrown back at you.
    If you care about race issues, you're the one recognizing race, and segregating people: you're the racist.
    If you are concerned about terrorism, and take action to protect you or your kin from it, you'll be doing everything that they want.
    If you identify any and all ccn-defenders as tautology peddlers "I am right, you are wrong, period", you're drawing a tautology yourself: they're wrong, you're right.

Tu quoque on steroids.
    Pretty old trick.

Deleted
    I'm sorry but that's utter bullshit, they don't have any direct power over individuals
    Oh yes they do.
    But let's restate this.
    Instead of some Memer, its a member of the NAACP, And some KKKers show up and tell him to apologize and shut up in the future?
    Because that is literally the exact same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I stand by my opinion, CNN is not an authority in this case more than a private person would be - their power or influence in this case doesn't matter.
    Define authority.

Sad part is, most people will defend this because of the kid being an avid trump supporter, and most people have little mercy for those with different opinions nowadays.