Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I actually don't know anyone thats been stabbed :\
    I was stabbed twice(same incident), and nearly lost my thumb pulling the knife away from the person. Didn't even realize in the adrenaline rush of the situation. Thumb still looks like belongs on Frankenstein.

pretty much everyone I know who was shot were military.Great grandpa, WW1, grandpa WW2. 2 uncles, vietnam.

Oh wait, I do know someone who killed himself with a gun. Ugh. Does that qualify as "being shot"?
    Dude 1 uses racial slur towards white people. (no infraction)
    Dude 2 asks Dude 1 why he is so racist towards white people. (infraction)

1 murdered

1 suicide

1 who shot himself in the leg and lived

1 who was shot by a rival and lived but was a paraplegic, he later was removed from life support

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What percent know someone who has had injury caused car automobile crashes? Bet it is higher than 44%. :P

I know 3 myself
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I knew 3 who shot and killed themselves, one who shot someone else, not sure if I know someone who got shot by someone else.

I'm not counting people who were in the military in Iraq or Afghanistan where it was their job.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Both, my father and uncle were in a military, most grandparents too (during WW2).
    My father was shot at several times and survived a grenade explosion during his service, they had to pull out a dozen or so shrapnel pieces out of him. Uncle was a weapons test engineer / operator in the airforce. He was never shot at with hand held guns (well, maybe, impossible to see from way up high), but he was shot at with anti aircraft cannons. Uncle was one of the first men in history to witness thermobaric weapons in live combat action.
    I was shot at when I was in Pitsunda. Well, the house we were staying in was shot at by georgian military to be exact, it was not aimed at me personally. RPK on an APC is definitely not a joke when it comes to fire suppression.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2017-07-06 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I had a teacher in the 7th grade who got shot in the hand by a BB gun, does that count? Otherwise I can't think of a single person I know who's been shot or even shot at, but I'm also not exactly a friendly guy, so my pool of associates is limited.
    Plot twist, it was your BB gun.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Damn you mericans are precious I just wanted to hear some cool people getting shot stories.

My Grandad was dutch resistance, his dad was a jew. Got rounded up and thrown on a train going to a camp, escaped the train but was shot while running away. Got a cool scar on his leg, and one on the side of his head. Hid in a barn, farmer helped him out. Joined the dutch resistance after that.
    As an American, I have seen dozens of firearms, I know of nobody that was shot or shot at. I really doubt that 44% claim, or maybe I am just hanging with the wrong crew.

I'm a minority from NY that was in the military... yep, doesn't phase me.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I don't know anyone who has been shot (that I know of). But I have had a gun pulled on me. Knocked on some woman's door and she thought I was her ex-bf who just got out of prison lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    WoW is ending soon. Mark my words right here right now.
    They're shifting to a Diablo MMO and putting World of Warcraft on hold for the moment/a while.
    Prophet tikcol at your disposal any day, any time.
    Spoken by the great prophet on 6/29/17

American and yes, good friend from HS was shot and killed in a hotel robbery about 4-5 years after HS graduation.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    On the other hand, being european there isnt a single fucking person that doesnt know at least 1 person who has been stabbed

This is specially true for brits ironically.
    Europe is a continent. Not a country. I don't know a single person who's been stabbed and I don't know anyone who knows anyone that's been stabbed.
    So stop the nonsense generalization.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    My sisters father wash shot and killed for being a beater and a cheater by his gf. My uncle got stabbed in a drunken argument , my neighbor was lit on fire by her jealous ex husband... Now none of it happened in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

I know only one person who's been shot, but it's a distant family member and he was a cop.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Depends in which social areas you are around. A lot of my school friends lived in ghetto like areas. Knife fights happend relatively often, in 99% of all cases no one died, but some of them just nearly survived.

The Father of my friend was killed by a headshot because of a football/soccer discussion. The story is kinda weired. The father and a friend of him discussed about a football/soccer game in a bar and a third unknown person also sitting in the bar listened to the discussion and pulled a gun at some point and shot both of them down. It came out he felt aggrieved because they criticised his favored team. He was drunk and mentaly ill.

It happend in germany.

Me niether and im from Croydon. #ghettolife #dontgotowestcroydonatnight
    But do you know anyone that's be near a tram?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    But do you know anyone that's be near a tram?
    that tram literally goes to pointless places and is always full of mental people. But yea some bird at work said her pal was on it. Told me the windows shattered thats why they were all cut to bits, and some fellas head came off. Brutal. The tram beheaded a cyclist before as well. Fucking croydon.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    On the other hand, being european there isnt a single fucking person that doesnt know at least 1 person who has been stabbed

This is specially true for brits ironically.
    Sorry to break your obviously very scientific study, I don't know anyone who has been stabbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    What percent know someone who has had injury caused car automobile crashes? Bet it is higher than 44%. :P
    If you're about to compare something that is used multiple times every day to move from a point to another, with something that is only intended to kill others, I guess you're both furthering the point being made and a complete idiot to not realize it.
    Last edited by Akka; 2017-07-06 at 05:45 PM.

My father was shot in ww2. I dont know anyone who has been shot. But I have been stabbed a few times, clubbed up side the head with beer bottles. I was a bouncer when i was much younger
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2017/...hip-with-guns/

44% of U.S. adults say they personally know someone who has been shot, either accidentally or intentionally, and about a quarter (23%) say they or someone in their family have been threatened or intimidated by someone using a gun.

Yo OT, if you are a 'merican do you know someone who has been shot?

I'm from the UK and the only person I know what has been shot is my Grandad in WW2. Other than that, nudda.
    By know someone personally... do they mean someone on their facebook friends list? I think that stat is probably a high, but at the same time... most adults get to know a lot of people. Knowing someone personally, doesn't change the fact that it's still a very small number of people who have this happen, so all this really tells me is most people "know" a lot more people that I would have ever guessed. It's also true that people tend to claim closer relationship to another when tragedy strikes that other person. It's kind of human nature to reminisce when something happens to someone you even just remotely knew... like a classmate from kindegarten that you've never spoken to gets shot, and you start to think about that one time you played catch with them on the school ground 40 years ago. Clearly you were the best of friends!
    Last edited by Narwal; 2017-07-06 at 05:50 PM.