Quote Originally Posted by Beardless Man View Post
    So when CNN threatens to release details about someone in a blackmail manner. It's okay? CNN should reveal their sources if they are making wild claims. However in harmless jokes like this, the man's identity is his own. They put in the research to find this man, and threaten to expose him over a joke. And we've seen what happens to people when big media outlets "expose" people. In a span of 11 hours, a big media outlet can destroy an entire person's reputation, livlihood, and social life over JOKES.
    If his live had been destroyed it wouldn't have been over the WWE gif. It would have been over his countless anti Semite and racist posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a span of 11 hours, a big media outlet can destroy an entire person's reputation, livlihood, and social life over JOKES.
    If he were "destroyed" by his identity being known, it would be because of the stuff he posted, and what people thought of it, not CNN identifying him.

You can tell by how there's lots of people whose identity is known who magically aren't destroyed by it. Like, say, the identity of the journalist who wrote this piece you're complaining about. Is his life over because you know who he is? No? Then maybe you should realize that the difference lies in the content the two have posted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    So when CNN threatens to release details about someone in a blackmail manner. It's okay? CNN should reveal their sources if they are making wild claims. However in harmless jokes like this, the man's identity is his own. They put in the research to find this man, and threaten to expose him over a joke. And we've seen what happens to people when big media outlets "expose" people. In a span of 11 hours, a big media outlet can destroy an entire person's reputation, livlihood, and social life over JOKES.
    So that anti-Semitic tweet that labeled a bunch of CNN employs as jews is a joke now?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If he were "destroyed" by his identity being known, it would be because of the stuff he posted, and what people thought of it, not CNN identifying him.
    Our local freedom of speech advocates do not believe in personal responsibility. They believe people reacting negatively to what someone says is an attack on freedom of speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    So that anti-Semitic tweet that labeled a bunch of CNN employs as jews is a joke now?
    Are you implying that being Jewish is some form of slanderous label?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Our local freedom of speech advocates do not believe in personal responsibility. They believe people reacting negatively to what someone says is an attack on freedom of speech.
    There's a common misconception that "Freedom of Speech" means "Freedom from consequences of exercising that speech". I'm not quite sure what/where it originated, but for most of the Free Speech "advocates" (quotes because these are INTERNET ADVOCATES! the most serious kind) I've encountered in my day seem unable to differentiate between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...nn4n-2-web.jpg

At least pretend to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm aware of the Justine Sacco incident, and while I think the extreme reaction was stupid, she was dumb as shit to make that post as well. What does he have to do with it? I don't see him referenced in the article you linked.

Briefly looking into the Boston incident, that seems to be more about him uncriticially/irresponsibly sharing unverified information on Twitter rather than anything more sinister.

Thus far nothing you've linked gives me any reason to question his motives as harmful/insidious, rather than lazy.
    Someone with a national voice putting people in a position to be attacked because of their own laziness and/or self promotion and/or enjoyment of the spectacle is incredibly harmful and insidious. I think you're pretty invested in believing otherwise for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Someone with a national voice putting people in a position to be attacked because of their own laziness and/or self promotion and/or enjoyment of the spectacle is incredibly harmful and insidious. I think you're pretty invested in believing otherwise for some reason.
    It's not, it's reckless and irresponsible (I probably should have chosen a different word than 'harmful', though insidious, while not perfect either, is closer to what I was intending to convey). There would have to be intent to do harm for it to be truly wrong. It's still wrong, and he deserved all the criticism leveled his way for it, but it seems pretty clear he did not do so with malicious intent.

I'm not arguing that he's an angel, he's clearly made some questionable decisions in his career. But I'm also not going to label him as an evil witch because of it.

So that says that lots of Jewish people work at that company, is there something racist about that? I mean, CNN itself puts out articles like this:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/25/us/too...men/index.html

Some photos released later did show some women at the event. But the surplus of white testosterone in the images sparked widespread outrage. One critic tweeted: "Message from another white guy: Yes, this is way too many white men in one place." Another white guy complained about a pattern of "overwhelming white maleness" in Trump administration photos.

Lost in the criticism of those images, though, was something to celebrate: Many white people now get uneasy about seeing too many white guys in positions of power. The notion that the nation's leaders should look like the people they represent is becoming widely accepted
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Did you really think this tactic was clever?

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Did you really think this tactic was clever?
    See the above reply to Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

You can tell by how there's lots of people whose identity is known who magically aren't destroyed by it. Like, say, the identity of the journalist who wrote this piece you're complaining about. Is his life over because you know who he is? No? Then maybe you should realize that the difference lies in the content the two have posted.
    TBCH, he did absolutely nothing "wrong" both legally or morally.

So that says that lots of Jewish people work at that company, is there something racist about that? I mean, CNN itself puts out articles like this:

I'm not going to spell it out if you're going to be intentionally obtuse about it, it's not a terribly interesting game, dude.

Also, you linked to a piece in a column specifically about race, religion, and politics (as its header says!) where CNN is quoting others, though sadly they don't provide links to who they're quoting. Also, I'll quote the very next paragraph for some context on that piece, since what you quoted doesn't provide much, and these are the actual words off the CNN writer -

Lost in the criticism of those images, though, was something to celebrate: Many white people now get uneasy about seeing too many white guys in positions of power. The notion that the nation's leaders should look like the people they represent is becoming widely accepted.
    It's actually a pretty good piece, I suggest giving it a full read!

See the above reply to Edge
    No need, as I'm sure it's as sad as the original attempt at gotcha.

At least show some integrity. Though it's as dishonest as your attempts in the OP.

I'm not going to spell it out if you're going to be intentionally obtuse about it, it's not a terribly interesting game, dude.

Also, you linked to a piece in a column specifically about race, religion, and politics (as its header says!) where CNN is quoting others, though sadly they don't provide links to who they're quoting. Also, I'll quote the very next paragraph for some context on that piece, since what you quoted doesn't provide much, and these are the actual words off the CNN writer -

It's actually a pretty good piece, I suggest giving it a full read!
    Explain to me why this is not 'racist':
    Many white people now get uneasy about seeing too many white guys in positions of power.
    But this is racist:
    Many white people now get uneasy about seeing too many Jewish guys in positions of power.
    racism
    [rey-siz-uh m]
    noun
    a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
    a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
    hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Either both statements are racist or both statements are not racist.

But this is racist:

racism
    [rey-siz-uh m]
    noun
    a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others.
    a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

When you take the sentence out of the context it's presented in (i.e. representatives in a democracy not even remotely reflecting the demographics they're supposed to represent), it sure is easy to make it fit your odd agenda.

I mean, you're picking this hill, nobody is forcing you onto it...

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Exactly, Plus there is nothing wrong with a community being successful.

I mean if Trumps cabinets ethnic composition is some news event, CNN's ethnic breakdown should be too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    No need, as I'm sure it's as sad as the original attempt at gotcha.

At least show some integrity. Though it's as dishonest as your attempts in the OP.
    Somebody's gotta pick up the slack of disingenuous obliviousness now that Super Friendly Kitty Cat is banned again.

(Infracted) - Trolling
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-07-07 at 11:41 AM.

But this is racist:

racism
    [rey-siz-uh m]
    noun

Because white people don't traditionally throw other white people into ghettos when they're seen as holding too much power.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Somebody's gotta pick up the slack of disingenuous obliviousness now that Super Friendly Kitty Cat is banned again.
    I'm just getting a crack out of watching these people switch tactics after seeing their original ones end in vacation time.

It's almost like there's a guide or something; like watching people execute a strategy they read in a WoW guide but the class is too complex.