Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    Correct. Subraces though, which really just means more superficial customization of existing playable races.
    do you have any information beyond subraces that would be provable post reveal? you arent exactly the first person to suggest sub races as a replacement of an expansion feature

anything new we havent seen ingame before? like new base animations to differentiate them, new voice overs, high elves or half elves with new models, upright orcs perhaps? elven undead.

atleast give some sort of details if you want to pull an i called it
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    "Sometimes the Hand of Fate...must be forced."

Blizzard knows very well about Warcraft III
    There are times I doubt it, but that's another matter.

It will be a naval-themed expac for sure (you can quote me on it), but there's no new class.

Subraces are a yes, though.
    Finally got to read the leak. Here's the deal: it's partially true.

It is a naval themed expac. Boats are a real thing and a central focus of the content, including naval combat.

Tinker class is NOPE, playable Naga is NOPE.

Playable subraces such as Nightfallen are not mentioned in the leak but are definitely happening.
    Playable Naga might be reasonable in 9.0 but definitely not happening in 8.0.
    Title will obviously be Fins of Nagaria.
    To clarify what I mean: I'm not saying it wouldn't be justifiable in 8.0, I'm saying that it simply isn't happening. Of course my information is direct from my own leak source, so nobody here has a reason to believe me, but it's a fact.
    The Tinker class is not a legitimate leak. There is no Tinker class in 8.0. There are no new classes in 8.0.
    Correct. Subraces though, which really just means more superficial customization of existing playable races.
    A Blizzard employee who will remain anonymous here. I realize it's just hearsay to everyone here, but I know it's true and I thought it would be worth adding to the pot.
    The internet does not forget. Ready to eat your hat if you end up being wrong?
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-07-07 at 07:56 AM.

That seems like a pretty huge stretch.

I mean that's what, a couple brown skin colors for orcs? A darker grey skintone for dwarves and a couple with tattoos. An antler horn option for tauren and maybe a taunka hair option or two? Nightborne options for Night Elves would be neat, but I can't really see that happening, since Tyrande doesn't seem to like them all that much, and they've just retaken their home.

2 races, 1 class, 2 races, 1 class and one race, updated race models, 1 class, ...some recolor and hair/accessory options?

I'm not sure I buy that. Race/Class additions are a major part of every expansion, even Warlords, the expansion many would argue is the least amount of content, still put effort into that sector.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Could entirely be...

One of the texts in 7.3, titled "Alliance" says the following:
    So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one.
    When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late.

But it could also be that by "alliance" they mean the current status, where alliance and horde work together once again...
    So it is either Jaina or Sylvanas who "planted these seeds".

I mean; we still have no idea what Sylvanas has given to Helya back in Stormheim...
    If this is true, then it's obviously Sylvanas, maybe Moira. Jaina hates the horde, but she has no reason to do anything against the alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Tinker is fine. Naga is a stupid idea.
    Both of them are pretty stupid ideas.

We already discussed Tinkers pretty much so no comment on them here.

But Naga? Come on. Even when they give Naga the option to transform back to Elves (which would be horrible lore-wise) there are still massive issues with equip and clipping. Naga can't wear any of the "old" armor as their body doesn't fit any of the usual slots (no feet, no trousers, no chest, no shoulders, no gloves, no head piece).

With all their fins it's impossible to design equip for them. So that would require that Naga are always Elves and that's not going to happen. Naga as a race is pretty impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Both of them are pretty stupid ideas.

We already discussed Tinkers pretty much so no comment on them here.

But Naga? Come on. Even when they give Naga the option to transform back to Elves (which would be horrible lore-wise) there are still massive issues with equip and clipping. Naga can't wear any of the "old" armor as their body doesn't fit any of the usual slots (no feet, no trousers, no chest, no shoulders, no gloves, no head piece).

With all their fins it's impossible to design equip for them. So that would require that Naga are always Elves and that's not going to happen. Naga as a race is pretty impossible.
    Nothing a remodelling wouldn't solve. See Worgen for example.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

I just hope so much that we don't get any underwater content, or at most very little of it (maybe 1-2 fights in total).

I really don't enjoy playing underwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Nothing a remodelling wouldn't solve. See Worgen for example.
    At no times Worgen had such excessive models. They need to cut off every fin, give them some kind of legs and make them more "human" - well, why then Naga? They're entirely different from the usual races we've got and it doesn't make any sense to give us them as a playable race. Blizzard can't even fix clipping of haircuts and robes / shoulders / head pieces and now they should give us the Naga as a playable race? No thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    At no times Worgen had such excessive models. They need to cut off every fin, give them some kind of legs and make them more "human" - well, why then Naga? They're entirely different from the usual races we've got and it doesn't make any sense to give us them as a playable race. Blizzard can't even fix clipping of haircuts and robes / shoulders / head pieces and now they should give us the Naga as a playable race? No thanks.
    But they've already got usable equipment, and it doesn't look really bad either. Sure it would require polishment but it's not bad.

Worgen needed whole new skeletons and textures and a new female version because there was none at that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want my own boat
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    The real question now is "How are the dragons going to be very important at lvl 112?" if we are going to the South Seas? Any major dragons reside there? The Dragon Islands finally in game?
    I think that was just usual Hazzikostas trolling and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    But they've already got usable equipment, and it doesn't look really bad either. Sure it would require polishment but it's not bad.

Worgen needed whole new skeletons and textures and a new female version because there was none at that time.
    Do we really need / want something like this?

And female Naga get amputated two of their arms because...? Naga as a playable race is as unlikely as Ogres as a playable race.

10+ Year Old Account

And female Naga get amputated two of their arms because...?
    Those are the old models but sure why not?

I'd rather get Ethereals xP

[IMG]http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m176/Negrido/naga.jpg[/IMG

And female Naga get amputated two of their arms because...? Naga as a playable race is as unlikely as Ogres as a playable race.
    Get over yourself dude. While i believe playable naga won't happen, they could easily make it happen if they wanted. Let's say the naga try to revert the curse or whatever it was N'zoth did, and they become human-like, legs, no fins, but keep the scales and their faces, and only go full naga when they're in the water or not at all. See? Ez pz, your argument destroyed in a couple of sentences.

This is World of Warcraft, ANYTHING is possible.

They already made it happen with these guys.

Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-07-07 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Get over yourself dude. While i believe playable naga won't happen, they could easily make it happen if they wanted. Let's say the naga try to revert the curse or whatever it was N'zoth did, and they become human-like, legs, no fins, but keep the scales and their faces, and only go full naga when they're in the water or not at all. See? Ez pz, your argument destroyed in a couple of sentences.

This is World of Warcraft, ANYTHING is possible.
    In a couple of sentences that make no sense lore-wise and not even Blizzard would come up with.

"We give them Naga as a playable race but we remove everything Naga-ish about them and make them just Elves / Humans with scales" - said no one at Blizzard ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    The real question now is "How are the dragons going to be very important at lvl 112?" if we are going to the South Seas? Any major dragons reside there? The Dragon Islands finally in game?
    Sea Dragons.

Well the naga do have very dragon looking heads.

In a couple of sentences that make no sense lore-wise and not even Blizzard would come up with.

"We give them Naga as a playable race but we remove everything Naga-ish about them and make them just Elves / Humans with scales" - said no one at Blizzard ever.
    Kael'thas, Illidan, Vashj, were all turned into bad guys for the sake of sells, didn't make sense lorewise. Back to Kael'thas and Illidan, they were both killed and came back, didn't make sense lorewise neither. Like those, there are dozens of examples. Again, get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Would be cooler if it was some mixrace.. not yet fully naga, still a bit more long-ear.
    Like DnD Aquatic Elf
    Please, no more elves D:

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Kael'thas, Illidan, Vashj, were all turned into bad guys for the sake of sells, didn't make sense lorewise.
    Did you even try WoW lore?

If Blizzard thinks playable naga would be a good selling point, they'll do it. Lore and mount/armor problems be damned. Anyone who thinks otherwise clearly doesn't know Blizzard's "rule of cool" policy.