Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    The problem with this line of thought is that you assume you would attract tanks and healers who would normally not queue for pug groups. In my experience, the people who have a steady core of friends they do group content with are very unlikely to change that for pugging.
    If that's the case, the whole "adventurer in need" thing is pointless in the first place, and no amount of "balance" would change anything.
    The thing is, if I get nice rewards, I'd queue up - but I don't. Same rule should apply to about every healer/tank that is not going.

So once it reaches "adventurer in need - DPS - here get some clusters and other rewards!" I'd totally hop on and queue up for trial/dungeon/5060.

Right now, I don't. If I were a tank, I would do the same thing. What's the point in doing DR other than leveling an alt right now?

The rewards need to outshine the potential horrible group you get from pugging DRs.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-07-07 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Which is largely a result of everyone drifting toward the same choices and not liking the other combinations, which is a common thing with female Elezen as well (same with the hair, as there's a couple of longer styles that sort of hide/offset the longer neck, wider shoulders, and smaller head of the female Elezen and as such are really popular choices for the race), not a result of there being few options.

- - - Updated - - -

Sound settings end up making a difference here - how loud your own character sound settings are, how loud others are, where you have the "Listening Position" set - if it's to the left it's centered around the "center" of the camera and so you have to zoomed in close to hear your character, whereas to the right it's centered around the character and so you'll hear things more from their position than where the camera is (and by extension hear the vocalizations in combat and from emotes more, along with combat sound effects and other sounds like footsteps).

External sound settings also likely make a difference as well, since various sound cards, headphone, and speaker options can handle surround sound virtualization in different ways and be set to different settings, and that can impact the volume of various aspects of the game's sound.
    I stay zoomed out as much as possible, and while I can hear the combat sounds from my character, they aren't that bothersome. There are some of the voices, though, that make me wonder how people can stand playing their character if they have sound on, lol. Oddly enough, of all the voice options for my character, only 2 of them I could tolerate, one of which is also shared with femroes. I do wish the character creator let you preview those sounds; right now, one has to either google videos on Youtube to hear them (a minor inconvenience) or simply make an alt and try them out yourself (far more time consuming).

On the Elezen note, I suppose it doesn't help that they have (arguably) the best long hair styles of any of the races. I'd say at least half the fem Elezen I ever see have hair down to or past their shoulders. Roes have a few good ones, but so many of theirs have the metal hairclips that I don't care much for, but that's me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    The strange one for me was the elderly "totally not an au ra version of a padjal" xaela woman who 'talks to the gods/kami', Either she is my character from the far future or her great granny It was my character through a wrinkle filter.
    I would like to see more "older" face options one day, although I doubt many folks would want to play a character whose face resembles a raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    After 10 years of Draenei, I can't play a race w/o a tail.
    Always feels as if sth. is missing when I try. :S
    Heh yeah, have had couple alts to experiment on emotes and such to see how they play, and lack of tail has felt a bit odd.

Even tho tail is clipping through everything, think I still prefer to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    On the Elezen note, I suppose it doesn't help that they have (arguably) the best long hair styles of any of the races. I'd say at least half the fem Elezen I ever see have hair down to or past their shoulders.
    They really do...it's just a shame so many of my favorite outfits have collars that end up clipping into the hair (also that the one long-style that has the braid in the back that looks really good on my character also happens to look really good on the other races that have access to it - Hyur and Miqo'te I believe - and so it's a super popular style lol).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I see same thing with fem Highlander; I'm using face option 1, which seems to be the most common, but with changes to eye and mouth shape, it's extremely rare to see another fem Highlander that's essentially a dead ringer for mine.

Of course...I say that, and then there's the medic/doctor NPC in Rhalgr's Reach who made me take a screenshot because she could pass for my character's twin sister.
    I've only met one player who looked semi close to Ralqadar.

The Khan of the Oronir looks a lot like Ral though, though his nose is less sharp and his lips are smaller. Actually kinda bothered me because some of the things he said and how he acted was how I rped Ral >.> I joked around and called him my Jersey Shore counter part with his tan and blond highlights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    So once it reaches "adventurer in need - DPS - here get some clusters and other rewards!" I'd totally hop on and queue up for trial/dungeon/5060.
    Which is exactly what I was getting at. The rewards are nice, just not nice enough to make you want to queue up as a tank. Most other DPS probably feel the same way. They're also not nice enough to grab players who, for whatever reason, don't want to participate in group content.

What rewards would make you want to level up and queue as a tank, out of interest? Do you like the role? Why do/don't you?

Because the real solution to the problem is incentivising people like yourself to tank rather than just stick to playing DPS. Thats how you fix it long term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, watching Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records (anime spoiler) while waiting for stuff to happen in-game, bumped into this scene.

Felt like the usual party <-> healer discussion.
    Spoiler: 

Also feel like purchasing Taoist shirt and making glamour set out of it, but ~3,000,000 million Gil for it, hmm..

If that's the case, the whole "adventurer in need" thing is pointless in the first place, and no amount of "balance" would change anything.
    The thing is, if I get nice rewards, I'd queue up - but I don't. Same rule should apply to about every healer/tank that is not going.

Right now, I don't. If I were a tank, I would do the same thing. What's the point in doing DR other than leveling an alt right now?

The rewards need to outshine the potential horrible group you get from pugging DRs.
    I've never seen healer in need. I a
    Que as a tank when tanks are needed and I get a6 min que waiting for a healer.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    They really do...it's just a shame so many of my favorite outfits have collars that end up clipping into the hair (also that the one long-style that has the braid in the back that looks really good on my character also happens to look really good on the other races that have access to it - Hyur and Miqo'te I believe - and so it's a super popular style lol).
    That whole collars-clipping-hair thing is an issue for everyone, and given this game's penchant for having such coats/outfits/etc....blargh. Course, I'm using the Rainmaker style that can clip through some of my weapons ever so slightly and find that I can deal with that just fine. Go figure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I've never seen healer in need. I a
    Que as a tank when tanks are needed and I get a6 min que waiting for a healer.
    I just ran either 50/60 or possibly leveling with healer as Adventurer In Need either yesterday or the day before. Extremely rare, though, in my experience.

Only time I've ever seen DPS in need was for either Main Scen roulette or trial roulette, and yes, it's extremely rare for that to happen as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Faroth
    Look what I found!

Deleted
    Which is exactly what I was getting at. The rewards are nice, just not nice enough to make you want to queue up as a tank. Most other DPS probably feel the same way. They're also not nice enough to grab players who, for whatever reason, don't want to participate in group content.

What rewards would make you want to level up and queue as a tank, out of interest? Do you like the role? Why do/don't you?

Because the real solution to the problem is incentivising people like yourself to tank rather than just stick to playing DPS. Thats how you fix it long term.

Money and Materia would at least get me to do the DRs. I'm not doing those as DPS at the moment either, because they ain't worth anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    @Faroth
    Look what I found!
    I only see a broken link. YOU FOUND NOTHING! STAY AWAY FROM ME!

Money and Materia would at least get me to do the DRs. I'm not doing those as DPS at the moment either, because they ain't worth anything.
    So Gil and Materia just to get you to participate.

Now how much would it take for you to queue up as a tank? A goodie bag with mounts in it? A small mountain of Gil and unlimited dungeon currency? Immediately getting to max level any job of your choosing?

Now how much would it take for you to queue up as a tank? A goodie bag with mounts in it? A small mountain of Gil and unlimited dungeon currency? Immediately getting to max level any job of your choosing?
    Materia 6 and a decent chunk of money imo

Don't really like how 6 is locked behind hunts unless you're rich
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Considering queues have dropped to single digits I'd say its working. Of course materia isn't a long term fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I only see a broken link. YOU FOUND NOTHING! STAY AWAY FROM ME!
    oh hm.
    There we go, maybe, no idea.

Deleted

The same amount, if I had a tank at max already - or at least 60.

What are you trying to ask?

I need to get something out of it that I want - what's the point of unlimited XP etc.?
    That would leave me with nothing after 1 run and I'd never touch it again - again.

I will always need Gil - I will also always need materia. A small goddie back with a chance for minions etc, cards or crafting materials would also do the trick

The reason why the DR doesn't have enough tanks and why people run with their groups instead of reacting to the "adventurer in need"-call is because the rewards aren't good enough - not good enough to offset potential bad DPS and honest healers
    Not because there are no tanks. (about 50%+ of my guild has a tank class rdy to go)

It doesn't matter what role or class we are talking about, because as I said - people don't touch DR for a reason. Last DR I did was already 1 week++ ago or something, and we are only 3(?) weeks in the expansion.
    This is also why big rewards won't just shift the problem to the next bottleneck - it will also reduce the queue time, because much more people will use the DR, which means more groups are getting through the bottleneck and since DPS won't see the reward popping up you will only have more people from the "bottleneck roles" using the DR, which means queue times will get shorter

Once you are at a point where Tanks aren't in demand, but healers, you'll see more healers comming and if by chance this will lead to a shortage in DPS, you'll see me, as a DPS, comming along. And once you get DPS peeps like me to do the DR, you have achieved full employment.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-07-07 at 11:36 PM.

...well, I'm no longer upset about getting Susano EX to 1%.

Joined a group through the party finder on a whim a little while ago and we one shot it.

The DPS output was insane. Not that I'm complaining. At least now I can join the 'no bonus' parties and try to snag his mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    ...well, I'm no longer upset about getting Susano EX to 1%.

Joined a group through the party finder on a whim a little while ago and we one shot it.

The DPS output was insane. Not that I'm complaining. At least now I can join the 'no bonus' parties and try to snag his mount.
    I've had incredibly bad luck today with Susano EX. So many complete failures with people failing at every single mechanic even though it's a "farm". Had a BRD doing 1.7k somehow and here I am doing 3.7K.

The reason why the DR doesn't have enough tanks and why people run with their groups instead of reacting to the "adventurer in need"-call is because the rewards aren't good enough - not good enough to offset potential bad DPS and honest healers
    So buffed rewards for doing the DR are the only reason for doing it. Okay, I can work with that.

Once you are at a point where Tanks aren't in demand, but healers, you'll see more healers comming and if by chance this will lead to a shortage in DPS, you'll see me, as a DPS, comming along. And once you get DPS peeps like me to do the DR, you have achieved full employment.
    By your own admission, DR isn't worth doing if you don't get the rewards. In which case, as soon as the reward switches over to healers, all the tanks are either going to stop queueing or swap to healers.

Then when the number of healers increases, the problem switches back to tanks again. The only time it would ever switch to DPS would be if there were far more Tanks and Healers in the queue than DPS, and when you consider that you need twice as many DPS as Healers and Tanks.... Realistically, it's not going to happen.

Using your model, we'd need to reward *everyone* for doing the DR with bonus loot. At which point it's not bonus loot, it's just regular loot. You'd have to offer that and an extra incentive to get people to queue up for the least popular roles effectively breaking the reward structure of the game.