Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    I must have forgot, thought Tol'Barad was larger.

Whilst Kul'tiras is larger than tol'barad, the area it's located it couldn't possibly be made into a whole continent, simply wouldn't fit.

My suggestion is too put it ontop of/near Vashj'ir. It's the only way to do it without "the cataclysm shifted the island" etc.
    It'll get the Broken Isles treatment, i.e. Kul Tiras is going to become a new continent/chain of islands. Also, the same treatment will, at some point in time, be given to Zandalar, Kezan, and Tel Abim (50/50 on Tel Abim). Also, since it'll be instanced, they can shift this map in any direction (or scale), so I don't see why you're using it as a reference.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, at this point, we should focus on content speculation. Yeehaw!

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    It'll get the Broken Isles treatment, i.e. Kul Tiras is going to become a new continent/chain of islands. Also, the same treatment will, at some point in time, be given to Zandalar, Kezan, and Tel Abim (50/50 on Tel Abim). Also, since it'll be instanced, they can shift this map in any direction (or scale), so I don't see why you're using it as a reference.
    Well, now that I remember there used to be a chain of islands called Channel Islands just north of K'T in Warcraft II and early WoW map concepts so...

Broken Isles 2.0. confirmed?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by My User Name View Post
    Well, now that I remember there used to be a chain of islands called Channel Islands just north of K'T in Warcraft II and early WoW map concepts so...

Broken Isles 2.0. confirmed?
    My poor eyes... I cannnot see >_<
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Wouldn't it be pretty idiotic for Blizzard to make Kul'tiras into continent-like thing effectively retconing something that was to be stable, untouchable book of lore (chronicles)?

Judging by the size of Kul'tiras on the map in Chronicles, it will be either zone of the expansion or 7.4 thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh, why can't we have all of that AND new races?

An expansion where the main "new" feature is that you can be a brown Orc that stands up straight doesn't sound all that exciting, nor does it do a good job of drawing in new and old players.
    I just feel we already got alot of diffrent races, sure, it's cool with a new races, it always is. And it's one of the thing I always looks forward to. But I feel that they should focus on what we already got and improve what we have.

Sorry I didn't made it clear enough, as much as I would love to have a brown orc that stands up straight, that would obviously not be the only thing! There would be things for every race, night elves, dwarfs, taurens, goblins and so on. I got no idea what could be added or fixed(beside goblin and worgen model update), but generally more things in for every one. Which hopefully then would make it exciting for all of us.

And if they can fix that AND new races sure, I am all for it. But I have this uneasy feeling of they can't propely multitask without something geting messed up. Thos if I hade to chose something between this, it would be to improve what we got.

It might just be me who is paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    But they could be smaller. Naga are somehow elves, too. We could call the new race frog people.
    Well, I am more for that, like Murlocs then? Or Jinyu?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Wouldn't it be pretty idiotic for Blizzard to make Kul'tiras into continent-like thing effectively retconing something that was to be stable, untouchable book of lore (chronicles)?

Judging by the size of Kul'tiras on the map in Chronicles, it will be either zone of the expansion or 7.4 thing.
    Of course it's only 1 island, but could have some Vashj'ir seafloor type around it too, still wouldn't be enough for a whole expansion but would fit great in a world revamp/update once again.

It's certainly big enough for a zone mainly focused on the port city (warcraft 3 map had city/canals too).
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-07-07 at 09:20 PM.

Eh... the Chronicle map also doesn't show Plunder Isle, Darkmoon Island, Balor and Darkspear Islands from WC3 prologue campaign so should we declare them non-canon now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm feeling this was the sort of general hype we all had after MoP when all the leaks started to pop up...

And then bam. WoD.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

All I'm asking for is no more fel green, demons and Orcs... GIVE US MOAR TROLLS MON!

In terms of the lore, nothing is untouchable, and to be frank, the Chronicles were designed to tie-up most of the loose ends from twenty years of content. So, in that regard, I don't see an issue with them updating everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Its a long wait till Blizzcon. FeelsBadMan
    Yeah but we can start building that page count in the meantime! Let's beat wod's thread !

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Get yo ass (slowly) ready for map datamining.
    The parrot never disappoints !

Envoyé de mon Z2 Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

So far not a single fan idea/concept has been used. What makes anyone think that'll change now?

It's been 13 years and 6 expansions, and not a single time has it happened or come close, so it's highly unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    So far not a single fan idea/concept has been used. What makes anyone think that'll change now?

It's been 13 years and 6 expansions, and not a single time has it happened or come close, so it's highly unlikely.
    They used the fanfic, Eye of Azshara, as a dungeon in LGN.

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post

Uh, what do you mean by "fan idea"? If you mean the whole South Seas stuff then it's pretty obvious that the next expansion will be that or something related to void lords by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    They used the fanfic, Eye of Azshara, as a dungeon in LGN.
    Are you possibly a hipster?

/completely unrelated with the thread

10+ Year Old Account
    In fairness we know Kul'tiras is going to be relevant in the future. That's all that we know.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Give it back? Didn't know it had been taken away from them to be honest.
    Trump is trying to shrink my check.

I'm a bit late to the party on this. It might be a bit redundant, but these are just my thoughts.

Based on the naming scheme, it certainly seems like Kul Tiras will be in the name of next expansion. Wasn't expecting that, but I guess there's nothing wrong with it. It doesn't have to be the full name, even after Cataclysm and Legion, so I doubt that it will be Kul Tiras on its own.

It makes me a bit nervous though. We all said Mists of Pandaria didn't have to just be Pandaria, and it didn't really make sense for it to be at the time, but then it was. As much as I've wanted to see the return of Kul Tiras, I don't want to see it become a "continent." After the Broken Isles, especially, I could see it happening. Crestfall and Zul'Dare could easily be turned into zones with the main island being divided into a few itself. I don't think it should, though. While the Broken Isles ended up being almost realistically sized, rather than condensed like most of the world, it just feels weird to be doing that one island at a time while leaving the main continents tiny by comparison.

As for the theme, Kul Tiras makes an aquatic one likely, even if it's the only landmass, thanks to its naval history. I wouldn't necessarily jump to the Void though. The armor has a purple variant and it has tentacles, but if you look at the design at the top of the cloak, it's some sort of upside-down kraken, implying to me that the tentacles mean "sea monster" more than directly "an old god." Of course, with all the foreshadowing, and N'Zoth's connections to the sea, I'm not saying that it can't be both.

The maps hanging off the armor seem a bit silly. I'd read into that, but it's probably just a quirky design choice. It seems awfully convenient to get an armor set that literally just has maps glued to it though.

Also, for the map on the shoulders. It doesn't look like the same landmass to me as the one on the side of the robe. If I leave it so the dotted path to the X is traveling north, it looks very, very roughly Zandalar-like to me and has a pyramid-like shape on it, but the landmass is not close enough to the shape we have for me to say it anywhere close to definitively. To be honest, it looks Kul Tiras-like at that angle a bit too, but has islands in the wrong places. Of course, Zandalar didn't have coastal islands at all before, but who knows what the Cataclysm could have done to either of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Another interesting thing. If you compare old maps and new maps of Kul'Tiras it looks like a landbridge formed between Crestfall and Kul'tiras, it could also just be a design choice, although it is a VERY CLOSE match to the original maps.
    Good point, I didn't catch that before. At first I thought the long island along the bottom might be a redesigned Crestfall, but that was before I checked the maps and realized it wasn't even on the right side. I think it's possible that long island might be a piece of Kul Tiras that either broke off, or had a channel flooded separating it from the main island. It really does look like a land bridge formed between the main island and Crestfall though.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-07-08 at 12:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You must be new to WoW. Let me explain it to you. You were correct until Blizzard retconned the old gods to make them into something we would not even consider a real threat anymore. There use to be hundreds of Old Gods vs Sageras threads until Chronicles. Blizzard laid that argument to rest. Old Gods are not that much of a threat. A raid end boss? Why not, we had Xavius. But an expansion? Come on now, you are better than that. When the Old Gods were super powerful, they still were not an expansion headline. Now that they are weak as fuck people expect them to suddenly become an expansion headline? People have to stop thinking with their hearts and start thinking with their heads. Just because your hearts tell you that an Old God expansion would be cool doesn't mean you are right. Think back to the last time you thought like this. Don't remember? Warlords of Draenor.
    I'm gonna have to reply cause you can't possibly be serious.

So, the old god that corrupted the powerful Deathwing and made him a pawn, the old God that had enough power to save the night elves from the explosion of the well of eternity, the old god to whom the might Azshara, whose power is said to rival only Sargeras bowed to.
    That old god, is weak sauce you say?

I say you are out of your mind.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-07-08 at 01:31 AM.

Unrelated to the South Seas, but semi-related to future content. I think they may be setting up this stuff with Alleria as a future class. A Voidmancer of some kind.

Edit: Other interesting idea

What if Kul'Tiras is only a bit of what we get.

What if we also get revamped things around it, like Tol Borad, Gilneas, etc. Makes lots of sense given Jaina and Genn's current temperaments toward the Horde/Sylvanas.
    Last edited by Paula Deen; 2017-07-08 at 01:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Hope we can finally kill Jaina in said expansion.
    And why would the alliance do that?

Like, i can understant the horde fans beeing biased, but alliance players remember the nuking the the horde attacks, aswell as Jaina's friendly behaviour towards the horde in wrath. For alliance players, the only way that could happen is if she attacked the alliance, and unless she is beeing manipulated by someone else, she has no reason to do that. This isn't "secret evil agenda" Sylvanas. Jaina is not a threat to the alliance, just the horde.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-07-08 at 01:32 AM.