Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Just ignore him. He's probably from the discord. No need for a fight here.
    nope. also, basic literacy is elitist now lol?
    Last edited by Calimon-ZJ; 2017-06-30 at 04:49 AM.

That ring is difference by getting one shot from KJ HC fellclaws and comfortably taking 6-7 hits.
    must have.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    That ring is difference by getting one shot from KJ HC fellclaws and comfortably taking 6-7 hits.
    must have.
    I'm not sure 15% more block chance is worth giving up a second charge and a 10% reduced CD on or self heal, or 15 seconds off our artifact trait. That 15 second reduction allows for the artifact trait to be up for every set of felclaws. It's also a reasonable loss in secondary stats compared to other 970 legendary rings.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    I'm not sure 15% more block chance is worth giving up a second charge and a 10% reduced CD on or self heal, or 15 seconds off our artifact trait. That 15 second reduction allows for the artifact trait to be up for every set of felclaws. It's also a reasonable loss in secondary stats compared to other 970 legendary rings.
    I guess it would depend on the fight? I don't tank.

Deleted
    Smooth out damage intake to avoid spikes, chance to avoid spikes, quick recover after spikes: these are the options according to my knowledge. I would go with the first but havent tanked for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by tuesday the paladin View Post
    I'm not sure 15% more block chance
    And the ability to block to spells. There are some fights where it is certainly better than alternatives. Assuming that you need the survivability.

Just hopping in to say I really like this new ring. With 2pc19+4pc20 it sims around one percent behind Liadrin's, but there are a few reasons why I'm using it over Liadrin's (also the cloak is fairly close to Liadrin's too).

1. Simming Liadrin's and using Liadrin's are different things. In the sim, you play with 100% skill and 0 ms ping and usually never waste one of the HP generated by the ring. In practice, some of that HP gets wasted. Likewise with the cloak--there are going to be a few finishers you use .1 seconds after the buff falls off, but you can't waste or miss a DP proc in practice like you can with the other legendaries.

2. It allows us to spec into JV again. JV is going to do 14% less damage than TV each time you use it, but with crusade up it both stacks faster (worth it for early stacks), and heals you for >50% of your health. Even outside of wings it's going to be a huge heal. In hard content, this can actually save you in a pinch. It also allows WoG usage if you want to be on the lookout for your raid.

3. It might be higher variance than the other legendaries, but sometimes this can be a good thing. When adds spawn and you get a few DP procs in a row, it's a huge boon.

4. It's kinda fun. It feels really good when you get lucky and get a bunch of procs during crusade.

5. It seems good efficacy wise in practice: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ec=Retribution

edit: Anyway, it's pretty cool that we have 3 legendaries for our second slot that are all 100% viable.

I got this ring but can't get over how big of a stat stick Sephuz' Secret really is to justify replacing it. Thinking about ditching Whispers for the ring, for a bit.

With +200 haste, it's worth 6.5% haste and ~8% crit. Good god, that's a lot of fucking stats from one item, not even counting the interrupt/stun bonus.
    Last edited by Dald; 2017-07-06 at 04:53 PM.

I'm actually surprised at how close Sephuz sims to other legendaries.

2pc4pc seems too good to pass up, which means you're looking at belt + one of three rings, and they're all pretty close to one another. On fights where you can proc Sephuz, it's probably BiS to be honest. I might try it on inquisition next week.

Deleted
    How much is the difference between sims and reality for Soul of the Highlord as a Ret? I got it yesterday und would like to use it. Sadly I lose a lot of haste by doing that and I just have a 900 cloak to replace Whispers. Overall Soul Sims 20k DPS below Whispers+Chain. How big might the "real difference" be considering you can't use the cloak as the sims do?

Quote Originally Posted by Loewenherz View Post
    How much is the difference between sims and reality for Soul of the Highlord as a Ret? I got it yesterday und would like to use it. Sadly I lose a lot of haste by doing that and I just have a 900 cloak to replace Whispers. Overall Soul Sims 20k DPS below Whispers+Chain. How big might the "real difference" be considering you can't use the cloak as the sims do?
    Just use it. It's more of a feel thing and your overall favor of all things RNG. I'd choose it over Liadrin because Liadrin is boring (Funny how people complaint about how boring T21 is and still use Liadrin) and belt because T19 2p is more reliable.

Currently running Soul+Chain at 31.25% haste with Ceaseless Toxin and Infernal Cinders. And I must say I'm finally enjoying Ret with RNG and a short on-use. Now if only I can get a darn Spectre of Betrayal.

Though not on subject Ceaseless Toxin is really fun when you pull it off properly in M+. Which leads to my question as Ceaseless Toxin has a weird haste scaling. Theoretically it should gain ticks every 7.5%? But at zero haste u get 1 hit 10 ticks, at 30% haste you get 1 hit 14 tick, 40% haste you'd only get 1 hit 15 ticks. There is always 1 weird extra tick pre 50% haste and one more post 50% haste onwards. I wonder why.

Deleted
    So CoF proccs as if you had crusade or as if you had dp when using highlord ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    So CoF proccs as if you had crusade or as if you had dp when using highlord ?
    Crusade. It was set to have lower PPM for the skill not the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Crusade. It was set to have lower PPM for the skill not the talent.
    I don't have the ring so I can't test it myself, but I'm really curious about the PPM with the ring as well. It'd probably be too much trouble, but a video would be cool.

I don't have the ring so I can't test it myself, but I'm really curious about the PPM with the ring as well. It'd probably be too much trouble, but a video would be cool.
    Divine Purpose isn't PPM. It can proc another free out of it's free but the general impression I get is when I get 1 proc the 2nd proc isn't far off. My best record was having it proc back to back 9 times in a row. Proccing back to back 3-5times on Divine Purpose is very normal.

Also it is VERY rare to get 6+ finishers with no DP procs. And with 4P T20, it does seem to accelerate DP procs in my opinion.
    Last edited by SnorlaxJeng; 2017-07-09 at 08:07 AM.

Divine Purpose isn't PPM. It can proc another free out of it's free but the general impression I get is when I get 1 proc the 2nd proc isn't far off. My best record was having it proc back to back 9 times in a row. Proccing back to back 3-5times on Divine Purpose is very normal.

Also it is VERY rare to get 6+ finishers with no DP procs. And with 4P T20, it does seem to accelerate DP procs in my opinion.
    Oops, I don't think I explained myself properly. I meant how they changed the PPM of Convergence of Fate if you took Crusade or Divine Purpose, I wondered if that would still be nerfed for Crusade with the Soul of the Highlord ring.

Oops, I don't think I explained myself properly. I meant how they changed the PPM of Convergence of Fate if you took Crusade or Divine Purpose, I wondered if that would still be nerfed for Crusade with the Soul of the Highlord ring.
    CoF PPM is static PPM. Aka not affected by haste, go to WoWHead normally haste affected will be something like [#+#Haste#], example [1+32.5%haste]. My sample observation also proves it to be about the same.

As for the skill PPM as said above CoF proc rate changes with what skill you have it doesn't increase itself just because you have Divine Purpose. And the haste amount you have caps the amount of GCD/minute. You average results will be about the same ballpark, just a little more reliable.

There is only one exception to PPM rules that is general proc trinket. The only example I can think off is Chrono Shard. Though it has only 1ppm, each proc is separated into it's respective "proc rule" which are: Taking damage, Healing/Absorb Shielding, Melee Damage and Cast Success. Which should yield you more than 1 ppm even though it is a static ppm.

CoF PPM is static PPM. Aka not affected by haste, go to WoWHead normally haste affected will be something like [#+#Haste#], example [1+32.5%haste]. My sample observation also proves it to be about the same.

As for the skill PPM as said above CoF proc rate changes with what skill you have it doesn't increase itself just because you have Divine Purpose. And the haste amount you have caps the amount of GCD/minute. You average results will be about the same ballpark, just a little more reliable.

There is only one exception to PPM rules that is general proc trinket. The only example I can think off is Chrono Shard. Though it has only 1ppm, each proc is separated into it's respective "proc rule" which are: Taking damage, Healing/Absorb Shielding, Melee Damage and Cast Success. Which should yield you more than 1 ppm even though it is a static ppm.
    Divine Purpose changes the PPM of Convergence of Fates from 1.8 (I think it's 1.8, which is what it is with Crusade) to 4.2 or something. They nerfed it specifically for our level 100 talent row. That's what they said, anyway. (no other specs affected) meme and stuff.

Divine Purpose changes the PPM of Convergence of Fates from 1.8 (I think it's 1.8, which is what it is with Crusade) to 4.2 or something. They nerfed it specifically for our level 100 talent row. That's what they said, anyway. (no other specs affected) meme and stuff.
    He answered... If you have only DP talented then the skill you have will be AW and it will be afected by the 4 ppm of CoF. If you have the Ring and talented Crusade (meaning you have both Crusade and DP) the CoF takes into account you are specced into Crusade... So nothing changes, and you still have low ppm.

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    He answered... If you have only DP talented then the skill you have will be AW and it will be afected by the 4 ppm of CoF. If you have the Ring and talented Crusade (meaning you have both Crusade and DP) the CoF takes into account you are specced into Crusade... So nothing changes, and you still have low ppm.
    Man, that sucks...