Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    Don't be obtuse... it's not the ''grunts'' that are solely involve in... that.
    No, I mean this game still has enough players to fill two sets of 20 poopsockers to raid 16 hours a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    9% isn't as close as you think.
    I haven't even attempted the fight on Mythic but I have to assume if everyone manages to live all of phase 2; I.E god rng Dark Mark targets that can immune it. It could potentally be a kill. Also to get a clean pull with no P1 deaths also seems extremely difficult to pull off. I'm not going to put any furhter thought into stratagizing but I'm sure I'm missing a lot of info especially to do with raid compisition. They were there on the last platform at 9% with the majority of the raid dead while in y'alls screenshot you had two sections left.

Do you have PTSD from this fight...?
    Last edited by Cocobutters; 2017-07-09 at 04:04 PM.

Deleted
    so far the impressive part is how long Avatar is holding back all guilds but Method/Exorsus, or? can´t remember how long Ellisande lasted, but think that one went down way faster after the first 2 got through her.

the Avatars a pretty impressive roadblock.

Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    If Method and/or Exorsus go, that's the end of competitive raiding in WoW.
    There would still many guilds raiding and will still be competing for a World 1st. imo it doesn't make it any less of a race because two guilds are gone regardless of who they are an what they have done.

If anything it would make the race more interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarook View Post
    There would still many guilds raiding and will still be competing for a World 1st. imo it doesn't make it any less of a race because two guilds are gone regardless of who they are an what they have done.

If anything it would make the race more interesting.
    arguable, on one side the race would definitely be more interesting since just those two are REALLY standing out with how far ahead they get.

on the other side the interest would die down a good lot more due to the race logically also going for a while longer.

Deleted
    Even if Method/Exorsus would disband, a good amount of their players would still be around and they would keep runin' for sure by creating new projects or joing other guilds and increasing their level this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleborn View Post
    arguable, on one side the race would definitely be more interesting since just those two are REALLY standing out with how far ahead they get.

on the other side the interest would die down a good lot more due to the race logically also going for a while longer.
    yup I totally agree. It would take some personalities to come out of the woodwork that we could support and hate with equal gusto. Sco is a prime example of one those and yup maybe the race would go on longer but it does seem bliz launch a raid that's hard as nails, wait till Method and Exorsus have cleared or (or dam close) then nerf it for the rest. Maybe they would just make them more achievable by the masses and overall would lead to a better more interesting race.

Guess it doesn't matter as they are both still here and will probably be for some time to come.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleborn View Post
    so far the impressive part is how long Avatar is holding back all guilds but Method/Exorsus, or? can´t remember how long Ellisande lasted, but think that one went down way faster after the first 2 got through her.

the Avatars a pretty impressive roadblock.
    Yea honestly, watching future wiping non-stop is depressing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackie View Post
    watching alpha is much more depressing xD

If method and exorsus quit then simply the guilds below them would rise up and be the best. Same thing that happened when paragon quit and former trash tier guilds became the best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarook View Post
    yup I totally agree. It would take some personalities to come out of the woodwork that we could support and hate with equal gusto. Sco is a prime example of one those and yup maybe the race would go on longer but it does seem bliz launch a raid that's hard as nails, wait till Method and Exorsus have cleared or (or dam close) then nerf it for the rest. Maybe they would just make them more achievable by the masses and overall would lead to a better more interesting race.

Guess it doesn't matter as they are both still here and will probably be for some time to come.
    pretty much, the fact that Avatar is going to get utterly destroyed with the nerfhammer soon is very, very obvious. KJ is likely to not be nerfed all too early, but its a given that they make it easier to atleast get to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackie View Post
    They are in it to be a sub top guild so I guess they keep going but if I were them I would sit back and wait for the nerfs. There is no way in hell they will kill it without big nerfs and by bashing your face against the wall your just burning out your members.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    They are in it to be a sub top guild so I guess they keep going but if I were them I would sit back and wait for the nerfs. There is no way in hell they will kill it without big nerfs and by bashing your face against the wall your just burning out your members.
    I actually think they'll get P1 reasonably consistent either today or tomorrow. They had an attempt yesterday where Avatar transitioned at like 58%. Avatar is probably close to killable for them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    If method and exorsus quit then simply the guilds below them would rise up and be the best. Same thing that happened when paragon quit and former trash tier guilds became the best.
    Same with old nihilium, They were the modern day "Method" in late vanilla-BC but then SK gaming just took their spot in sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I actually think they'll get P1 reasonably consistent either today or tomorrow. They had an attempt yesterday where Avatar transitioned at like 58%. Avatar is probably close to killable for them.
    you realize that is a little over half the dps that they would actually need to kill it right?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Same with old nihilium, They were the modern day "Method" in late vanilla-BC but then SK gaming just took their spot in sunwell.
    The difference here is those guilds that overtook them raided more or equally hardcore.

There are no guilds with the usual method/exorsus WF schedules around though, which would change the raiding landscape.
    This would be the first step "back" in hardcorness I recall in the WF race. What likely would happen is that some guild would see it as a chance to genuinely compete and up their hours.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-07-09 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    The difference here is those guilds that overtook them raided more or equally hardcore.
    There are no guilds with the usual method/exorsus WF schedules around though, which would change the raiding landscape.
    Invective! Oh wait
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgok View Post
    9% isn't as close as you think.
    Did you have many low % wipes? Talking the 1-2% mark

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    The same thing happens every time, there is no difference. The "All time #1 guild" get outplayed and loses a tier then they lose moral/motivation/key players lose interest and the entire guild ends up going casual/ disbanding.

Avast and Ascension after battling for #1 OC when they were forced to go 20 man losing their #1 OC led to their demises.
    Vodka losing their #1 US in T13 eventually led to their demise. (Then rebirth as more casual)
    Blood Legion losing US #1 in T17 led to their demise.
    Paragon losing #1 in Tier 17 led to their demise.
    Nihilium losing #1 in Sunwell eventually led to their demise.

Pretty much every guild who has held a #1 title for more than a tier has abolished. Method has just been raiding since forever always hanging around #2 since Sunwell pretty much and all the #1 guilds vanished. Old Nihilium and Old Paragon were the only 2 guilds who dominated raid after raid of entire expansions.
    Last edited by mmoce81e69ea37; 2017-07-09 at 05:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    The same thing happens every time, there is no difference.
    We are talking about a scenario where both Method and Exorsus quit, without a 3rd guild beating them.