Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    I raided Vanilla, BC and LK.

I didn't give a flying fuck about 'how i looked'. Most people who raided in those three eras didn't give a flying fuck how they looked. Shadowpunkz is a fucking retard who'll keep posting shit like this just to keep rehashing shit, hoping their little echo chamber finally rings true.

If WoW sucks so bad, stop playing it and go find something more up your alley, like Hello Kitty Island.
    HEY. That's actually a fun game. Pick something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't think Old Naxx had an Undying did it? Wrath ones were removed though so were the Proto Drakes.

Hell good example of prestige back then was realm first achievements for classes and things such as Death's Demise.
    Yeah I remember my guild having one person die on the final boss for Undying or the 25 man version, the Immortal I think. Boss was nearly dead and someone moved out too far and went splat. Ironically someone entered the Vent server right around the same time and started blasting loud music to try and ruin it. But the achievement was already lost. I know it was an achievement people could go back and get before Cata released so it wasn't QUITE as rare then but I never bothered to go back. My guild missed it so I left it as that.

Anyways back on topic yeah things that have been removed can be talking points and prestigious.

- - - Updated - - -

It's all the OP has been throwing out a few pages after this thread started.

"WoW is bad because of transmog because I say so" Basically dumping on a highly asked for feature for no real reason.
    Well sucks for them then. Transmog is here to stay and I and many others like it. It was one of the best QoL changes to come to the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You'll find in life that most people just don't care about something if it does not involve them. Just because I see someone on the street with a million dollar car and all these amazing things does not mean I want to go and be just like them or be super envious of them or have admiration for them. What it means is I'd just not care and go about what I was doing. It also does not mean I stop and gawk at the car or ask them questions about it. You are trying to project your experiences in Vanilla/TBC and so on to what happened to everyone in your situation. You weren't special.
    Right, you don't follow the rules of society, you are a rebel.
    You don't want a girlfriend, you don't want to be thin or muscular, you don't care about your clothes, money, work at McDonalds, pimples on your face.

Everyone wants to stand out and be cool, even in videogames. Specially gamers elite master race.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I've worn the same Transmog since the stuff was introduced and I'll likely stay the same until I'm done with the game.
    Ahah, you said it yourself. The entire problem with transmog xDDDDDD The whole problem is exaclty that
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-07-11 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Speak for yourself thanks. Lot of players cared about this. For us casuals those players were icons for us. We wanted to be those guys and it inspired many players to try raidingl. So pls keep *** for yourself thanks.
    As someone who was fairly casual in Vanilla (as in I played a lot, but never did any raids outside of Scholo and BRS), and as you so eloquently put it, speak for yourself thanks.

I think I could name maybe one of the "those players" outside of the people I actually knew/were in my guild, and that's just because the guy was not only the person who got Scarab Lord on my server, but was also pretty active in the community/chat channels.

Yet I didn't look up to him or view him as some icon, he was just a guy who played the game that wasn't a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You don't want a girlfriend, you don't want to be thin or muscular, you don't care about your clothes, money, work at McDonalds, pimples on your face.

Everyone wants to stand out and be cool, even in videogames. Specially gamers elite master race.
    Take it how you will. Most people just don't care about X random thing. There have been studies on this. I gave an example of someone with an expensive car and you go to the extreme.

And sorry "everyone" does not want to do what you say they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    As someone who was fairly casual in Vanilla (as in I played a lot, but never did any raids outside of Scholo and BRS), and as you so eloquently put it, speak for yourself thanks.

I think I could name maybe one of the "those players" outside of the people I actually knew/were in my guild, and that's just because the guy was not only the person who got Scarab Lord on my server, but was also pretty active in the community/chat channels.

Yet I didn't look up to him or view him as some icon, he was just a guy who played the game that wasn't a dick.
    Well said. I don't get this desire to have an over inflated ego. Not all casual players/new players looked up to end game raiders or cared where their items came from or how they looked.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    Garrosh could make this game great again, but no, Blizzard had to kill him...
    Make Azeroth Great Again! Greymane for king because he'll build a wall to keep the horde out! Garrosh wasn't racist when he said non-orcs were lesser races, he just tells it like it is and says what we're all thinking! >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Only the truly desperate for attention desire to 'have the best stuff because they want attention'. It's fucking disgusting and pathetic you even think that. Not everyone wants to 'keep up with the joneses'. I Hardcore Raided in Vanilla/BC/LK because I enjoyed it, I loved the camaraderie with my guildies and room mates who raided with me. I loved killing Ragnaros, Nefarian, C'Thun and the like because of the nerd screaming on Team Speak.

I personally loved getting 'Server First' Qiraji Staff, because it was best in slot, but it looked like absolute ass.

You likely didn't even Raid in any of those eras of WoW, where everything looked like hot pixelated garbage, and in the case of MC/BWL, many of the graphics weren't even properly implemented.

So fuck right off with your bullshit 'EVERYONE THINKS LIKE I DO, SO I SPEAK FOR THEM TOO'.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Only the truly desperate for attention desire to 'have the best stuff because they want attention'. It's fucking disgusting and pathetic you even think that. Not everyone wants to 'keep up with the joneses'. I Hardcore Raided in Vanilla/BC/LK because I enjoyed it, I loved the camaraderie with my guildies and room mates who raided with me. I loved killing Ragnaros, Nefarian, C'Thun and the like because of the nerd screaming on Team Speak.

I personally loved getting 'Server First' Qiraji Staff, because it was best in slot, but it looked like absolute ass.

You likely didn't even Raid in any of those eras of WoW, where everything looked like hot pixelated garbage, and in the case of MC/BWL, many of the graphics weren't even properly implemented.

So fuck right off with your bullshit 'EVERYONE THINKS LIKE I DO, SO I SPEAK FOR THEM TOO'.
    This. I mean I like having the odd unobtainable reward because it's nice. But I sure as hell don't get them because I want attention.

My WoD weapon appearances for example. I worked hard with people to get a gold in every dungeon. We weren't an amazing Gold group but we did it. Me and 4 friends together who nerd screamed as well because we beat Auchindoun with 1 second to go . Sure as hell doesn't make me better than anyone else though.

Also on the term of not properly implemented you are way more than right dude. Tier 2 didn't look anything like it does today at first. Most of the stuff was generic green pieces.

Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-07-11 at 02:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This. I mean I like having the odd unobtainable reward because it's nice. But I sure as hell don't get them because I want attention.

My WoD weapon appearances for example. I worked hard with people to get a gold in every dungeon. We weren't an amazing Gold group but we did it. Me and 4 friends together who nerd screamed as well because we beat Auchindoun with 1 second to go . Sure as hell doesn't make me better than anyone else though.

Also on the term of not properly implemented you are way more than right dude. Tier 2 didn't look anything like it does today at first. Most of the stuff was generic green pieces.

Oh, I know. I was a hunter back in those days. Blue scalemail for the lose. Also, needing that stupid Tranq Shot is the only reason we had so many hunters in our guild. And as Alliance, we didn't have the benefit of fear-totems, and all our priests were dwarves.

**Edit, looking at it, the Shaman set was actually the hunter set. I was the first in our guild to get the DS Belt/Shoulders.
    Last edited by Molvonos; 2017-07-11 at 02:16 AM.

Well, using your definition, there are a lot of rebels out there. Quick, go arrest them before they do something even more terrible than work at McDonalds.

Elite master race. Really.

15+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    Such Prestige, So Elite. WoW

Warlock-tanking Huhuran is what I played in AQ40.

There's nothing fucking pretty about it.

Deleted
    This needs to come back so hard...

I remember being a total noob back in Classic, used to sit a lot in Stormwind and imagine how it would feel if i had an epic. Then this paladin in that shiny tier3 and having Might of Menethil arrived in Trade District. I would have done nothing but inspect him and look in awe at all the item's amazing, scary names and great looking. I instantly knew that this pala was the conqueror of some mighty monsters, as his armor would prove that.

Then after 2 minute of inspecting him and having him as 'my target' he would then target me knowing i was inspecting him and if my character could do it i knew it would have blushed. That was a good opporyunity for me to whisper him and try to have a small talk with him, eventually showing my gratitude for being that awesome and fueled my imagination.

Now everytime i inspect somebody i am only looking at the 3 fucking digits. That's all. So sad.

Deleted
    Convenience- based changes have, bit by bit, removed the RPG aura of this game. Hierarchy is important, otherwise the very meaning of ROLE-PLAYING evaporates,

4 difficulties, gear inflation, quest director, transmog, dungeon finder are just some of the many reason the game is not what it was. This has fostered a greatly different community who likes how the game is now. But it's not a coincidence that the demand for classic servers and the players on these servers have increased exponentially during WoD and Legion.

And then they promised Legion will bring back the old WoW feeling, lol. You can't do that by retaining these awful convenience features and when everyone can feel epic in 25 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by buckflizz View Post

I remember being a total noob back in Classic, used to sit a lot in Stormwind and imagine how it would feel if i had an epic. Then this paladin in that shiny tier3 and having Might of Menethil arrived in Trade District. I would have done nothing but inspect him and look in awe at all the item's amazing, scary names and great looking. I instantly knew that this pala was the conqueror of some mighty monsters, as his armor would prove that.

Then after 2 minute of inspecting him and having him as 'my target' he would then target me knowing i was inspecting him and if my character could do it i knew it would have blushed. That was a good opporyunity for me to whisper him and try to have a small talk with him, eventually showing my gratitude for being that awesome and fueled my imagination.
    Oh give me a break. And what was that, a fanfic? Creepy. I do not want to know how the rest of that story goes. That is why I stay away from RP realms.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2017-07-11 at 07:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buckflizz View Post

Now everytime i inspect somebody i am only looking at the 3 fucking digits. That's all. So sad.
    Oh dear, this is disturbing in so many ways. I hated all the gear in vanilla though so maybe i am an outsider

Deleted
    Prestige only means something in a community. Without the community, you're just another anonymous guy among the thousands or tens of thousands with the same digital item.

Also, I'd guess that a large chunk of the attention was simply people being surprised to see cool sets. But this isn't 2005. Everyone knows what the elaborately designed armour set is. It's a raid or PvP set, and that sense of wonder of being surprised by items you never knew existed is all but gone.

Just think of how many raid items from Classic you can name or visualize - now compare to Mists of Pandaria. I'd bet the first made much more of an impression. Later on it just became Tier X's 2H weapon for Warriors. No prestige there.

Quote Originally Posted by StAlia View Post
    Prestige only means something in a community. Without the community, you're just another anonymous guy among the thousands or tens of thousands with the same digital item.

Also, I'd guess that a large chunk of the attention was simply people being surprised to see cool sets. But this isn't 2005. Everyone knows what the elaborately designed armour set is. It's a raid or PvP set, and that sense of wonder of being surprised by items you never knew existed is all but gone.

Just think of how many raid items from Classic you can name or visualize - now compare to Mists of Pandaria. I'd bet the first made much more of an impression. Later on it just became Tier X's 2H weapon for Warriors. No prestige there.
    The surprise is gone because everyone sees and hears everything because of datamining, as well as how loot is handed out much more easily compared to then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    MOST people didn't give a shit about you. I'll pull 99% out of thin air and that'd be accurate. You didn't get "fame" because of a couple of whispers. MOST players gave no shits about you or about raiding. Why do you think raiding was so massively niche? Half the people were still trying to level up and the other half just didn't care. Just because you sat on the IF bridge and there may have been people near you, doesn't mean they were inspecting you or looking at your character, they cared about themselves, not some random dude in his BoE epics just standing there trying to flex his measly little epeen.
    Dude relax, the Prestige comes from having the item
    It doesn't matter how that person discovered that item existed.
    In the old days was by looking at eachother but nowadays is by Google or MMO-C frontpage.

I don't know why people get so salty over the simplest of facts that "looking cool" made you slightly famous. What is wrong with you guys?
    "Omg you are saying you were a God and worshiped by the server, i hate you!"

Jesus relax.

Having a complete tier set in Vanilla, TBC, WotlK made the beholder happy. What is so hard to understand?

Quote Originally Posted by StAlia View Post
    Exaclty, nowadays people discover gear by Google and MMO-C not by inspecting. I was talking about the old days.
    But why do people get so mad over the fact that having a tier set made you a little bit famous. JUST A LITTLE BIT. And the person with said set felt special?

Jesus, am i hurting peoples egos by saying this?

Deleted
    Funny. 99% of you dont evern understand that vannila gear wasn prestigues becouse of it is color. numbers or even look. Gear had prestige becouse of what it took to get this gear. Story behind that gear is what made it awesome. When you saw someone in t2 or t3 you would reconize him as some one who raided naxx or bwl. Those were guys what saw and killed kelthuzad. No reward will become prestigue without proper good story behind it. Why you think mythic gear doesnt have any prestige? Becouse it is from content what everybody can kill in LFR. Just becouse yours have bigger numbers doesnt make it any more prestigues than my from LFR.

Having a complete tier set in Vanilla, TBC, WotlK made the beholder happy. What is so hard to understand?
    Still speaking for everyone eh? Sorry, having a tier set in Vanilla and TBC when content was current did nothing for me. It was just a means to an end of downing bosses and progressing with my guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Funny. 99% of you dont evern understand that vannila gear wasn prestigues becouse of it is color. numbers or even look. Gear had prestige becouse of what it took to get this gear. Story behind that gear is what made it awesome. When you saw someone in t2 or t3 you would reconize him as some one who raided naxx or bwl. Those were guys what saw and killed kelthuzad. No reward will become prestigue without proper good story behind it. Why you think mythic gear doesnt have any prestige? Becouse it is from content what everybody can kill in LFR. Just becouse yours have bigger numbers doesnt make it any more prestigues than my from LFR.
    Sorry, as someone that was wearing said 'prestigious' colored items but it didn't make me awesome or famous or start me a fan club. People didn't run up to get my autograph and thank god for that. Why can't some of you understand a simple concept: "Not everyone thought you were cool because you were standing around town in t2 or t3 or twhateverthefuck". Some may have but if you think it was ANY kind of majority of players you are out of your damned mind.

Jesus. It was a freaking set of items, big woopity do. Maybe in Everquest when you had to put a hell of a lot more effort into gearing than you ever did in WoW then maybe it might be something to care a little about..but no, not really.