Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    also I'm still unclear as to the timeframe of the tweets vs game production since the game didn't seem to be in actual production back in 2014? or maybe it was getting started then?
    I guess you could say development started back then. It was originally an entry in a game jam in 2014, in which it won awards for best game and aesthetic.

You can play that here: https://timsoret.itch.io/the-last-night

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    A big difference. One that I would think is relevant to people bitching about themes.

But I'm not surprised you would ignore it to suit the narrative.
    I haven't bitched about anything. I noted a strange choice of Theme paired with Choice of Genre and an expression of bafflement at the trajectory.

Speaking of suiting narratives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I'm honestly not tracking on this train of thought you're running.
    The Game's premise is that allowing all our material needs to be met catalyzes humanities' downfall in a time when there's growing anxiety about making ends meet in a large swath of the consumer base.

It's a sketchy premise to begin with and then it gets a double bonus for having it land at this point in time that makes it go from "What" to "What." It's beyond tone deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    I haven't bitched about anything. I noted a strange choice of Theme paired with Choice of Genre and an expression of bafflement at the trajectory.

Speaking of suiting narratives.
    And then rejected the notion that the genre you're describing and the genre the game is actually marketed as tend to have different themes. If themes are important to this argument then it is laughable that you would ignore the distinction between cyberpunk and post-cyberpunk.

But please, continue to focus on the fact that I called you're highly inaccurate assessment bitching instead of my actual point.
    The Game's premise is that allowing all our material needs to be met catalyzes humanities' downfall in a time when there's growing anxiety about making ends meet in a large swath of the consumer base.
    Today I learned that a luxury item like a video game cannot be allowed to explore the ideas of being an outcast unable to partake in a future society's culture of living in excess because poor people still exist.
    It's a sketchy premise to begin with
    Explain.

*looks at popular media of current year*

You are in america seeing all the doom and gloom in basically every other movie/series showing the downfall of various societies? It's sort of a major fad that's been sweeping the nation in various forms. Sometimes it's zombies, sometimes it natural disasters... sometimes scientist ask not whether they should do something.....

honestly it seems more like you're position has a skewed view on events, cause people have shown they're putting money down on doom and gloom.

I assume you took the same issues with Wall-E, @Fenixhart?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Your mistake was looking at any article written by Jed.

There's a reason even the normal destructoid goers started complaining about him.
    Oh i know, doesn't really excuse him or the site for having kept him there so long though.

Though i guess we will see some changes for the better soon, hopefully.

I'm so sad the dev of The Last Night had to apologized to these fuckers.
    Really sad.

Watching game journalists throw tantrums like 6 year old children over Dunkey's video speaks volumes honestly.
    Losing their absolute shit that someone with a decent following is actually calling them out on their bullshit.

Not a fan of him myself, but yeah.

Seems like the Destructoid take over is genuine, and the CEO is apparantly looking through deep freeze.
    Fucking beautiful.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2017-07-11 at 10:25 AM.

Honestly the one thing i thought when gamergate started was "its a shame only now people are starting to think the dev-journo relationship is crooked" when every goddamn site was reporting on 'gerstgate' where Jeff Gerstmann was fired by Gamespot for giving kayne and lynch a 7/10 when SE was paying for banner adds to market the game on gamespots site. That was followed by every other site saying "if we dont give positive press we are blacklisted from getting early review copies" and that should have been a sign to everyone that shit was fucked back in 2007ish.

Its sad its taken so long for people to think "maybe reviews by the large media companies are crooked?" when its been known so publicly for over a decade.

Welp, I didn't knew that Destructoid was finally taken over by someone not completely SJW, let's watch and hope he will clean that shitty site and make it at least half decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Yet people were, and still is super excited for the game, until SJW trash decided to pull out several year old posts and cause a shitstorm at him, causing his life to turn into hell and making him apologize on stage at E3.
    Even though those very same posts said he supports equality and was in general very progressive.

zzz
    People love to laugh at those clowns. Being hated by SJWs is just free publicity as long as they can't ring your boss and make them panic and do something stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by hrugner View Post
    People love to laugh at those clowns. Being hated by SJWs is just free publicity as long as they can't ring your boss and make them panic and do something stupid.
    Worked for Play Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Honestly the one thing i thought when gamergate started was "its a shame only now people are starting to think the dev-journo relationship is crooked" when every goddamn site was reporting on 'gerstgate' where Jeff Gerstmann was fired by Gamespot for giving kayne and lynch a 7/10 when SE was paying for banner adds to market the game on gamespots site. That was followed by every other site saying "if we dont give positive press we are blacklisted from getting early review copies" and that should have been a sign to everyone that shit was fucked back in 2007ish.

Its sad its taken so long for people to think "maybe reviews by the large media companies are crooked?" when its been known so publicly for over a decade.
    My view at least from the enthusiast gamer side was yes the AAA devs and media was known to be in bed with each other. It was a long time running joke in the gamer community along with mountain dew and doritos. What GG brought about was that previously raved about Indie developers and newer or more fan oriented review sites that people thought was taking the fight against the big boys and the corrupt system was part of it all along.

Mic thought it was an good idea to let this complete fucking nutjob write an article on Gamergate.

Of course, as per usual.
    The result is just full of lies, bullshit and some more bullshit.

Like, what the fuck rofl?
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2017-07-13 at 09:45 AM.

That just screams of hipsterish elitism.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    That just screams of hipsterish autism.
    Fixed for you.

Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-07-13 at 04:48 PM.

Deleted
    Aaaah, the age old argument between "Don't be a cunt" and "Fuck off, you're the cunt".

Why is this thread even a thing, still? Grow up, people.

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Fixed for you.

Please post productively. Infracted. -Edge
    Funny thing most autistic people I know are VERY pro gamer gate abd freedom of speech

That said I hope destruction gets better and I also cannot believe people are STILL trying to blame games for all this stuff. Just let people relax for f's sake

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Funny thing most autistic people I know are VERY pro gamer gate abd freedom of speech

That said I hope destruction gets better and I also cannot believe people are STILL trying to blame games for all this stuff. Just let people relax for f's sake
    People mad about you are people indirectly shilling your articles for clicks. Combine that with the fear of being caught in a witchhunt if they "arent signal boosting the right narrative" and its a perfect storm of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasher View Post
    Aaaah, the age old argument between "Don't be a cunt" and "Fuck off, you're the cunt".

Why is this thread even a thing, still? Grow up, people.
    This thread is actually very good.