Mark hyped up Thor Ragnarok trailer.

will it be on D23 Expo or Comic Con???

my bet is Comic Con.

oh and few images

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The way I look at it is I always assume that the current movies are taking place in the current year, so right now Homecoming takes place in 2017. But when the Spider-Man sequel comes and it takes place in 2019, Homecoming will have taken place in 2018. Retroactive adjustments of the timeline.
    The issue is that they were never "current year". Some of the movies happen immediately after another movie that was a year apart or whatnot. So supposedly the Battle of NY/ Avengers1 was 2012 I think, and Spiderman is 8 Years later. Or something like that, there's plenty of videos if it matters to you. It's no where near as bad as Fox and the Xmen universe timelines, so not a big deal.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The issue is that they were never "current year". Some of the movies happen immediately after another movie that was a year apart or whatnot. So supposedly the Battle of NY/ Avengers1 was 2012 I think, and Spiderman is 8 Years later. Or something like that, there's plenty of videos if it matters to you. It's no where near as bad as Fox and the Xmen universe timelines, so not a big deal.
    Yeah, but then if movie 1 is in 2012, that takes place 2012 when it's current. The next year when movie 2 comes out that takes place right after movie 1, movie 1 retroactively changes to take place in 2013 like movie 2. Then when movie 3 comes out in 2017 and claims to take place 8 years after movie 1 and 2, movie 1 and 2 becomes 2009.

I don't say that's the way it is according to Kevin Feige. I'm just saying that's how I'm approaching it, that way I don't have to worry about this kind of stuff and I can always enjoy the current movie as being the fictional contemporary events in an alternative universe that they are supposed to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalcheus View Post
    I think what a lot of people don't understand is that Homecoming is an origin story. Like Batman: Year One it's not about your origin as a hero (death of parents, radioactive spider bite), but your origin as Batman or Spiderman, i.e. the hero you become.
    Its very much about him growing into spiderman organically as opposed to simple being bitten and its also about growing into adulthood. Tom holland is trapped under rubble and is crying for help and youre reminded hes a child only to overcome that obstacle. As a parent of a 16 year old that scene was gut wrenching. Tom holland played it perfectly.

"Kevin Feige is basically the king of the Marvel Cinematic Universe – he’s the president of Marvel Studios, and he’s produced every Marvel movie since the first Iron Man. He knows everything there is to know about Marvel, from the comics to the films, and he’s just as excited to bring Peter Parker into the MCU as I am to see our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man here.

You were involved with the first Spider-Man movies – why did you want to bring back Peter Parker?

Well, I didn’t think we were bringing him back, or redoing him – I thought about introducing, for the first time ever, a Spider-Man in the [Marvel] Cinematic Universe. That you didn’t know it before, but even during Iron Man 1, there was a little kid, somewhere in Queens, who was named Peter Parker.

Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, as you know, didn’t create a hero by himself in New York City, which is all we’ve seen previously on the big screen. They created somebody in drastic contrast to the other heroes around him, and who was as powerful as them, in many ways, but had to be home at a certain time, and had to be in school the next morning, and had to do his homework, and didn’t live in almost a literal ivory tower, or come from another planet, or get exposed to gamma rays and smash things around. And we’ve never been able to do that before. When we were doing that first Spider-Man film, and I was lucky to be there and couldn’t believe that I was even partially, a tiny bit involved, I would never have thought that we would one day have a Cinematic Universe in which to incorporate him.

So, it’s a crazy bookend right now to my beginning at Marvel. I had worked on the X-Men films for a number of years, but was officially employed by Marvel in the summer of 2000. And maybe my first day was going to Sony and getting the Spider-Man script and meeting Laura Ziskin and Sam Raimi. And now here we are, on the other end of those seventeen years, putting him into a Cinematic Universe that I wouldn’t have even dared to dream could exist back then.

Could you talk a little more about how the Sony and Marvel partnership came about? Because this is the first time that you guys have paired up.

It was really ideal in that it had very little to do with lawyers and agreements and corporate deals and almost entirely to do with Amy [Pascal] and I sitting together and saying, you know what would be cool… Just, purely from the creative level. And it’s a big testament to her, and to everybody at Sony, and to all the people at Disney that said, this is the best thing creatively for the character. And we’re both very invested in the character. Which doesn’t always happen.

This Spider-Man is so young – Tom Holland looks like a kid, and he reads like a kid. Watching the movie you’re worried about him, facing these villains down, which is so different from the earlier films.

That was one of the ideas, was to tap back into what Peter was in those early, first hundred plus issues that Ditko and Stan Lee did. And that was younger, and we wanted to cast an actor that seemed even more age-appropriate – in large part because it would be, again, that striking contrast next to Tony Stark or next to Captain America where they do go, he’s a kid. In that great battle scene in Civil War, at one point somebody says, “How young is this kid?” When he calls Empire Strikes Back an old movie. We wanted to see a Spidey like this and also allow him to get nervous in battles and talk. That’s really what Spider-Man’s about. It’s not about a wisecrack or a one-liner, he’s nervous in these big battles and he can’t stop talking.

And he has to keep getting saved by other superheroes.

Until he saves himself, which is my favorite – bit of a spoiler, I guess – but my favorite moment, inspired directly from one of the original comics.

Which one?

Issue number 33. And in the history of the comics, a really definitive moment with some amazing Ditko art that delineated him from a kid to a hero. A kid to a grown-up. We wanted to do that in the movie. And [Tom Holland] crushes it.

This is one of the only New York movies that – as a New Yorker – actually feels like it’s set here. Did you create an intentionally diverse Queens?

Oh, for sure. That was always one of the primary ideas of how to tell this story. Spider-Man always, in the books, lived in the real, contemporary world, and we wanted it to feel that way. And that world changed as time changed. So that doesn’t just mean he uses a cell phone. It means his classmates look like – as you say – what New York really looks like. Jon Watts spent a lot of time here and went to school here, and in one of the second or third meetings we had with him, he brought in a lookbook of New York high schools and the makeup of those schools and said, this is what it needs to feel like.

Even just setting things in the less glamorous parts of the city, like the Staten Island Ferry, a bodega in Queens…

Totally. Seventeen years ago – when you were in kindergarten – seeing Spider-Man swing through the streets in amazing CG single-shot was awesome. It had never been done before. It’s been done now. So we really liked the idea of having him go out on the Staten Island Ferry – what would he do on the Staten Island Ferry? How do we go on a field trip to Washington, DC and throw him up on that monument? I grew up in New Jersey, you’d always have a big junior high school field trip to DC. We have him go to a party in the suburbs where during a chase scene, he shoots his web and it doesn’t connect to anything, because there’s nothing out there. And now he has to run across the golf course. That was part of the early conversation, to put him out of his element – a, because it feels real for a student in New York, and b, because you hadn’t seen that before.

This is a genuinely hilarious movie – was that also part of the conversation?

I think you have the two elements: one, humor is a huge part for us at Marvel Studios, going back to Iron Man 1, to the tone that Favreau and Downey helped us set. Because I really do think that, when an audience is sitting there in a theater, they bought their ticket, and the more they laugh, the more they become open to it – and then you can get in some heart, and get in some emotion and scares and shocks and tragedy. But they’re open because you got them laughing.

So that’s the one hand. The other hand is, Spider-Man’s a funny character. As we already said, Spider-Man’s defense mechanisms are these quips and the way he just keeps talking, like in the ATM battle. He’s always reacting to the danger of his surroundings with humor. So you put them together, and you get, hopefully, a very funny movie.

And you know what my favorite thing is – it’s the tiniest dumb thing. But Hannibal Buress has to show these videos, he’s required by the state to show these PSAs that Captain America, Steve Rogers agreed to do at some point around the time of Avengers, and he goes, “Your gym teacher” (gestures) – and he’s on the wrong side. That’s my favorite thing.

Aaron Davis, Donald Glover’s character, made a very brief appearance, and he mentions his nephew – will we be seeing anything from Miles Morales?

Well, Sony’s planning an animated Spider-Man film that’s going to feature Miles heavily. So that’ll be the first time you see him on the screen, in the animated incarnation. And we did that just because we love to throw things out there and get people talking about it and if and when – who knows – but, we’ve put it out there, that Aaron Davis has a nephew somewhere in the MCU.

I feel like there’s been a recent surge of uplifting superhero movies instead of dark and gritty ones – how does Spider-Man slot into that?

I think everything ebbs and flows. We put out a trailer for a new movie (not Ragnorok) that seems a little dark and people always ask, oh, are you going to go dark now, is it gonna be gritty? And we want all our movies to have elements of both. I think this movie has some shocking things in it, and some emotional things in it as well.

When Spider-Man is climbing the monument, K.A.R.E.N. mentions –

Wait, do you know who plays K.A.R.E.N.?

No, I don’t!

Jennifer Connelly. She’s a great actress – she’s an Academy Award winner, Beautiful Mind, Requiem for a Dream, Labyrinth – and coincidentally, she’s married to Paul Bettany, who plays J.A.R.V.I.S. So K.A.R.E.N. and J.A.R.V.I.S. are married.

…that’s amazing.

Anyway, the monument!

The monument! She mentions that if he falls, he would probably die. But later he gets thrown around a lot – Spider-Man isn’t unkillable, is he?

No, I don’t think he’s invulnerable, I think if you go splat off the Washington Monument, there’s not much that can save you. No, I think he’s very vulnerable. He’s super strong, but I think a bullet would take him down.

You’re obviously a huge Marvel buff – who’s your favorite unadapted superhero?

Who hasn’t been in a movie yet? I used to have a lot of answers to that question – Dr. Strange, Ant Man, Black Panther – so many of them have come up, and frankly, we’ve got seven films that we’ve already announced that we’re planning over the next few years. So it would probably be a spoiler to list too many. Captain Marvel, for a long time, was the answer – and it’s still the answer, we haven’t filmed it yet. So, I guess that’s the answer. We’re gearing up to film early next year."

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2017/07/...ory-with-the-c
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Its very much about him growing into spiderman organically as opposed to simple being bitten and its also about growing into adulthood. Tom holland is trapped under rubble and is crying for help and youre reminded hes a child only to overcome that obstacle. As a parent of a 16 year old that scene was gut wrenching. Tom holland played it perfectly.
    *sigh*
    But the script never reminds you of the crushing guilt he ever felt with the death of Uncle Ben.
    The whole "with great power comes great responsibility" was nonexistent.
    This movie was mostly about Peter wanting to impress Stark so he could be an Avenger.

I really feel all my negatives about this movie are nitpicky.

-The guilt issue. I too think we could have had some offhand remark, or at least Peter using the whole join the avengers thing as a means to make good to uncle ben. However I think whatever they would have done could have been too heavy handed and been more of an annoyance than what they ended up doing

-Flash is a physical threat to peter, or at least he in theory was, but in reality peter could trounce him. They played this out in the other spider mans, but the thing is he wasn't shown to be an intellectual threat much either, he seemed to be a jealous second banana with money. It was like Flash was a whole setup to the car scene playing out. I did get a chuckle out of the ding against DC's flash though.

-The apparently complete lack of spider sense probably bugged me after the movie more than anything. It is a defining trait of spider man, which makes him much more than just a strong agile guy, he's almost untouchable. It's his built in plot armor.

All in all I think they did good for what they were trying to pull off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    *sigh*
    But the script never reminds you of the crushing guilt he ever felt with the death of Uncle Ben.
    The whole "with great power comes great responsibility" was nonexistent.
    This movie was mostly about Peter wanting to impress Stark so he could be an Avenger.
    1. Good. Dont need to constantly have uncle ben die to satisfy some stupid trope. Dont need to have the waynes die every year like some fucking easter pageant
    2. Also good see above. Actually its evem better because instead of telling you that lesson peter shows it to you. You see him fail and suceed at it. Peter could go to the pool or stay at the party or the dance but he k ows he has a responsibility without having to repeat the stupod ass mantra to jerk off 40 year old fans.
    3. It was about his growth from child/young adult to a man. Its a hughes film ala 16 candles and ferris beulrer. In fact he refuses to join the avengers because he recognizes the good he can do as a frieneoy neighborhood spiderman. He grew up. Also stark marrying pepper at the end was the sweetest thing. Good to see paltrow cameo.

That movie was fucking brilliant. It is easily top 5 mcu.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2017-07-15 at 04:46 PM.

Missing the reason why the character was ever popular to begin with.
    They got rid of the guilt and sense of responsibility because all that aged him into a mature young man already. He was already dealing with shit that most kids don't. And we certainly couldn't have that. Because then the story of him wanting to be an Avenger would have to be rewritten. And Peter would be looking at Stark as some immature a-hole to even think of being on the team when he had real-life issues to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    -Flash is a physical threat to peter, or at least he in theory was, but in reality peter could trounce him. They played this out in the other spider mans, but the thing is he wasn't shown to be an intellectual threat much either, he seemed to be a jealous second banana with money. It was like Flash was a whole setup to the car scene playing out. I did get a chuckle out of the ding against DC's flash though.
    They firmly established that Flash is a prick, I just didn't see any of the conflict from Peters side. The dynamic with Flash is a totally different one and I'd rather they had just used a different name. Or, like I mentioned, Flash Thompson could have been a kid from the neighborhood.

A lot of the little things were amusing, but there were just too many of them for me.

-The apparently complete lack of spider sense probably bugged me after the movie more than anything. It is a defining trait of spider man, which makes him much more than just a strong agile guy, he's almost untouchable. It's his built in plot armor.
    I think movies just have a hard time with spidey sense, and they've mostly depowered the heroes overall anyway.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

In the infinity wars trailer Thanos grabs Thor's head and squeezes like a grape!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account

Im so hyped for Infinity War.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Yeah Spidey senses doesn't work unless they went 4th wall with the effects. Which I wouldn't mind but hey, Spidey finally does the eye thing and that's enough for me. I would love however if Peter makes a dumb joke about his Spidey senses tingling in infinity war or a future movie.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

always Thor gets owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    And people wanna complain about Peter not being mopey and guilty when this is about to happen to him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    always Thor gets owned.
    It's because he's the strongest Avenger. We'll get a chance to see him go HAM in Ragnarok, so everyone will go into the cinema thinking he's the toughest MF in the galaxy...

The we see Thanos wreck him and it IMMEDIATLY lets us know he's not someone that we want to fuck with.

Of course, then in Avengers Four, when we get the final showdown with Thanos and Thor goes all Rune King on his ass, it'll be all the sweeter.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    ...and they've mostly depowered the heroes overall anyway.
    Yup.
    They brought it all down to a more human level. Which is ridiculous to me. The entire universe...and it's all leveled out towards human fragility

Thor relinquished his title as the most depowered character. It is now Blackbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Thor relinquished his title as the most depowered character. It is now Blackbolt.
    If we find out that he doesn't have any of his "electron" abilities...then yep...I'd have to agree.