Thread: Earbuds advice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your best bet is to pay a little more money, and get a good brand of wireless with noise cancellation headphones rather than earbuds. Most name brands come with some sort of warranty so if something happens to them, they can be replaced.
    Last edited by Flatspriest; 2017-07-15 at 10:06 PM.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shure. Specifically, their SE215 earphones.

Very comfortable, excellent sound, and durable. Mine have lasted 3 years so far, and the cables are replaceable, so even if they do break, they're easily fixable.

They're also available in a headset version (SE215m) or can be converted just by buying the appropriate cable.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Sennheiser earbuds, but those are probably above your budget. Tho, I am not sure which model is suitable for gym. I use CX 3.00 at work. It's okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what your price range is, or hell, what kind of music/noise level you listen to that could be blowing out an earpiece, but I have a pair of bose in-ear earbuds (those little foam covers that fit your ear) that I have had for almost 5 years, and the quality is still really good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
    People who buy Bose are the same people who buy Beats.

- - - Updated - - -

lol
    Retarded comparison. I wouldn't touch Beats if you gave them to me. Why you think they correlate is beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I have no idea what your price range is, or hell, what kind of music/noise level you listen to that could be blowing out an earpiece, but I have a pair of bose in-ear earbuds (those little foam covers that fit your ear) that I have had for almost 5 years, and the quality is still really good.
    I can afford to spend up to $100 on ear buds, but considering my bad luck with them I'm really hesitant to do so. I'll be pissed if I spend that much on earbuds and they break after a month or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I can afford to spend up to $100 on ear buds, but considering my bad luck with them I'm really hesitant to do so. I'll be pissed if I spend that much on earbuds and they break after a month or two.
    if you spend that much they'll have a warranty
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

I love Bose!
    Then their marketing worked.

Seriously, do some research. Bose is so overrated it's laughable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post

Retarded comparison. I wouldn't touch Beats if you gave them to me. Why you think they correlate is beyond me.
    Retarded comment. The success of both brands is the result of marketing to retards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Had a pair of Sony earbuds that lasted me 2 years before pretty they blew up and stoped giving sound at a proper volume now I have a wireless one never going back to one with wires

I love Bose!
    They sound great, but are simply overpriced compared to other brands. Same money could get you better build and sound quality.

As to your initial post, are headphones completely off the table?
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    They sound great, but are simply overpriced compared to other brands. Same money could get you better build and sound quality.

As to your initial post, are headphones completely off the table?
    They're for the gym/running, so I need something that will stay on my head and in my ear while doing exercise.

Starting to think wireless might be the solution, if they will last a bit longer.

Deleted
    I bought a Roccat Styva recently. It is a gaming set, but still usable with mobiles. It has a wide cord so its not going to knot.

I've done Klipsch, Beats, and Bose.

Best sound was Klipsch but if you are working out or jogging there is too much wire noise.

Beats best for workout and jogging etc.

Bose I wasn't that impressed with.

I like ear buds for being active as head sets make me sweat too much. I didn't want to like the beats because of hype. My wife got a pair for xmas and I was getting annoyed with the wire noise on my Klipsch and tried the beats. Now I use those whenever I'm working out, jogging etc with a lot of bouncing movement. I mow the lawn with my Klipsch or when I'm just casually walking somewhere.

But there are a lot better brands and I'm sure some speaker heads will be able to tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    My stock iphone earbuds got smashed, so I decided to randomly try out a pretty affordable in-ear earbud, and i've been really really impressed by them, for how affordable they are.

https://www.amazon.com/Symphonized-N.../dp/B00C30FCUI

They do a great job cancelling out noise and they stay in really well even when running/jogging.
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

If you're using iPhone, just buy AirPods. Great battery life time, decent sound, don't fall off when jogging. The only downside is almost nonexistent soundproofing. They've improved my QoL alot.

Otherwise I can recommend wired Shures SE215, Westones ADV Alpha.
    Last edited by Wingerie; 2017-07-16 at 12:11 AM.

Hey, guys: looking for suggestions for earbuds for my phone (I'm in the US). Keep buying brands in the $10-25 range, and I keep having to replace them within a few days to a few months (almost always, the sound in one of the buds goes out). Tired of replacing them at this point, and I don't feel like I'm THAT hard on my earbuds for them to be crapping out as much as they do. I basically use them for the gym or for long runs.

Should I spend more? What brands/models do you recommend? Thanks for help.
    I use the skullcandy cheapo earbuds because I work in a warehouse. The sound quality is ok, and if they break they're not hard to replace. Despite working in the summer in a hot warehouse and sweating alot, the current set I have has lasted 6 months with no problems. That's super good value for only paying $15. And they're cheap enough that I have 2 backup sets just in case(one in the glovebox of my car, another at home).

I would hesitate to recommend an expensive set, because most of those all you're paying for is a namebrand instead of increased quality. Especially since you're using them during physical activity, with an increased likelihood of damaging them. Just carry backups like me. $15 every few months is not a bad investment.

They're for the gym/running, so I need something that will stay on my head and in my ear while doing exercise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, guys: looking for suggestions for earbuds for my phone (I'm in the US). Keep buying brands in the $10-25 range, and I keep having to replace them within a few days to a few months (almost always, the sound in one of the buds goes out). Tired of replacing them at this point, and I don't feel like I'm THAT hard on my earbuds for them to be crapping out as much as they do. I basically use them for the gym or for long runs.

Should I spend more? What brands/models do you recommend? Thanks for help.
    Been using these SkullCandy earbuds for a year now with no issues. They're like $40, but well worth it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by ThanksForTheMemories View Post
    JayBird BlueBuds X are great. Get the originals not the v2. You're paying a little extra for the fact they're wireless but they're great quality build and got nice sound on them. No complaints from 2 yrs of use.
    This. I love my Xs. I've had them for 3+ years, ran in pouring rain, dropped them into a pool. No damage. Still fantastic sound and reception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shure. Sennheiser. Grado. Audio technica. AKG. All good brands to name a few. Try in-ear monitors. Or headphones. If portability is important you can get on-ear instead of over-ear. If you don't care about sound quality just buy a box of cheap nasty ones that you can replace regularly.

Sound signature is important. Especially if you're not gonna be EQing. I have some V-Modas Crossfade M-80 with custom shield (side plates) when on the move, cos personalisation ftw. But V-modas are very bassy and 'muddy' sounding. Still, they look SICK and they're really robust too.

Personally I use headphones because buds keep falling out of my ears, and in-ear monitors keep falling out too assuming i can get them to even fit. Headphones stay put way more easily and they make me look like I take my music more seriously. You can use the above mentioned over-ear ones that hook behind your ear to stay put, but I don't like how those feel. Go try things out dude, it's personal preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used Panasonic, Samsung and a cheap pair of Skullcandy, along with some other brands and one off-brand pair that I bought from Ross lasted the longest (about four months). One pair of Panasonic lasted 24 hours before a bud went out.
    Which Panasonic did you use?

I have had these for a little over a year and they still work fine:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use them for gaming and everything on my PC since I stopped using headsets (my ears got really uncomfortable and sweaty with prolonged use)... So I have used them multiple hours a day almost every single day in that time and they still work fine. They also came with a couple different ear bud sizes so you can attach the ones that best fit your ears.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Which Panasonic did you use?

I have had these for a little over a year and they still work fine:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use them for gaming and everything on my PC since I stopped using headsets (my ears got really uncomfortable and sweaty with prolonged use)... So I have used them multiple hours a day almost every single day in that time and they still work fine. They also came with a couple different ear bud sizes so you can attach the ones that best fit your ears.
    According to Amazon, I bought those in June of last year and I ended up buying a new pair off of Amazon sometime in later in the year (not from Amazon). But I can't recall the date. Before that I bought another Panasonic (off of Amazon) that lasted two months. The pair before that lasted a week (also off of Amazon). So the ErgoFit lasted the longest. Not sure why I kept buying Panasonic, though...