Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Mythic + Score is both great and bad. If you utilize it correctly, it's a very good way to filter out your group.

IF YOU ONLY LOOK AT THE OVERALL SCORE YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG

You can click on the dungeons and drill down and see previous runs, affixes and group comps.
    I'm trying to run a a Teeming Explosive Fortifying 18 EoA. I check and see someone that is que'd has a 1400 M+ Score. Oh look he doesn't have a high Cathedral, who cares? I'm not running Cathedral and that place is over tuned compared to the others. But he has a 18 EoA Clear that wasn't in time, I drill down see he has several 17+ EOA clears. He's done it a several times, once on this affix in a comparable time. Look at his other clears, he has several 15+ cleared in time with this affix. Probably a solid choice.

Oh Another 930+ que, he has all 15+ clears, but they are all sanguine/volcanic/fort. Look at his history, everything else is failed 11-13's in other affixes. I'd go with the first guy even though he had a lower score.

And if you're one of the "Mythic Raiding > M+" Great, you can ignore the dungeon scores and look at their mythic raiding progression and use that.

It's how YOU use it. Not everyone else. Especially since the keystone changes and you CANNOT exhaust your key. YOU can always be in charge of who gets into your group.

TLR = If you're just looking at the overall score, you're doing it wrong and only using like 10% of the system
    SWTOR Friend Referral code: http://www.swtor.com/r/DzSdz8
    (You get free stuff, I get free stuff, win/win!)

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    Yeah. Except gearscore was never meant for the hardcore raiders, it was meant for the casual player base. Gearscore was completely based on predicament that the higher GS you have, the better gear you have. That was only true for the hardcore raiding though.

What happened was - shit people with shit gear out-epeened each other with other shit gear. People wore wrong-stat trinkets or gear just because it had a higher gearscore.

Gearscore was the reason why Blizzard pushed item level as the measurement of gear. Item level existed all the way in vanilla, but wasn't widely used, you even had it hidden in the option by default and you had to turn it on.
    ... and how exactly is gearscore different than ilevel? You can still not enchant your gear, you can still choose items with wrong stats because they have an higher ilevel, you can still not inv people with ilevel below what you want.

It's exactly the same thing, nothing changed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    ... and how exactly is gearscore different than ilevel? You can still not enchant your gear, you can still choose items with wrong stats because they have an higher ilevel, you can still not inv people with ilevel below what you want.

It's exactly the same thing, nothing changed.
    As a system it works on the exact same principle, adding a number to your gear. However gearscore was completely fabricated by players and unsupported by Blizzard unlike ilvl. Nowadays Blizzard does a lot to equalize stats and try to make the item level an actual upgrade, not to mention a lot of communication with the purpose of educating the playerbase. Unlike gearscore when people like healers used stamina trinkets for more GS.

But as I said, every single system fabricated by the community that wanted to add a score or a value to anything ended up being great for the top 1% of people and horrible for everyone else who got excluded which is a huge majority, a lot of them actually being decent players with decent progression, just flat out excluded by a few internet warriors.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    As a system it works on the exact same principle, adding a number to your gear. However gearscore was completely fabricated by players and unsupported by Blizzard unlike ilvl. Nowadays Blizzard does a lot to equalize stats and try to make the item level an actual upgrade, not to mention a lot of communication with the purpose of educating the playerbase. Unlike gearscore when people like healers used stamina trinkets for more GS.

But as I said, every single system fabricated by the community that wanted to add a score or a value to anything ended up being great for the top 1% of people and horrible for everyone else who got excluded which is a huge majority, a lot of them actually being decent players with decent progression, just flat out excluded by a few internet warriors.
    So they're exactly the same thing but itemlevel is better because Blizzard, I see

It's such a bad bad system. There is NO way to insure you will get a solid person in your group by looking at numbers, especially when the mythic + score is so flawed. I do great DPS, know all the fights and mechanics have my mythic achieve for 15+ on multiple toons and a 924 ilevel. But my mythic score is like 900 because i only do like 2 a week to get my chest and thats it.

It just needs to go away honestly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    So they're exactly the same thing but itemlevel is better because Blizzard, I see
    It's exactly the same thing but healers now don't equip tank trinkets anymore and are generally much more useful by having correct gear.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    It's such a bad bad system. There is NO way to insure you will get a solid person in your group by looking at numbers, especially when the mythic + score is so flawed. I do great DPS, know all the fights and mechanics have my mythic achieve for 15+ on multiple toons and a 924 ilevel. But my mythic score is like 900 because i only do like 2 a week to get my chest and thats it.

It just needs to go away honestly.
    Agreed.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    The problem is the wowprogress/raider.io is taking the mythic+ score from the wow api and since wows leaderboards only list top 100 theres no other way for them to get the runs from the players.
    Then the system needs to be scrapped all together. If it can't function properly then it can't function at all. That means that on certain realms if there are 100s of 16s done a 15 wouldn't even register? That's even more flawed then I originally thought!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Then the system needs to be scrapped all together. If it can't function properly then it can't function at all. That means that on certain realms if there are 100s of 16s done a 15 wouldn't even register? That's even more flawed then I originally thought!
    Exactly. But people are too dumb to realize this so they just follow the trend of checking the site and really have no idea how the numbers are calculated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarg View Post
    exactly thats the point of that score, to not bring players like you. You have high ilvl but dont ahve experience. And exactly thats the meaning of that point, to filter players like you.
    And M+ is exactly for people like you, who can only farm keys +10 to boost they m+ score so they can feel any accomplishment
    FYI if i am doing m+ i am doing it with guildies who knows shit about m+ and we have no problem pushing it to around +20.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuggoz View Post
    Really isn't like that. The people who have done dungeon 10-20 times definitely dont know the mechanics, and thus cant deal with them at +20 tyrannical when every single mistake oneshots you. None of the HC bosses or most of the mythic bosses need more than half-brained people, and should know exactly what to do after 10-20 tries.
    Ye that is why best players in the word needed 650 wipes to kill KJ when random pug with a bit of luck can complete 20lvl keys

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    And M+ is exactly for people like you, who can only farm keys +10 to boost they m+ score so they can feel any accomplishment
    FYI if i am doing m+ i am doing it with guildies who knows shit about m+ and we have no problem pushing it to around +20.
    This doesnt make any sense then: you are complaining about something what you dont use or what? FYI i dont have any serious m+ score, but i do understand the frustration when you are trying to set up a group and 900+ dps doing barely 200k dps and fails in every possible mechanic. THAT is the reason why is it a good thing. But seems like you dont understand this neither how does any community/human behaviour works.

Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    Ye that is why best players in the word needed 650 wipes to kill KJ when random pug with a bit of luck can complete 20lvl keys
    Nope, they needed 650 wipes to figure out how to defeat the encounter+20 ppl individually flawless performance. And I wanted to attack you presonally, but now i have to consider that you have never ever cleared a 20 if you have that kind of thinking. It is just not possible this way
    Last edited by Jarg; 2017-07-17 at 05:23 PM.

I'm a player from the server Ragnaros (US), and my server is tagged, among others, as an "instant reject" server on every single pug activity. Having a decently high score in this M+ score system, even if abit flawed, helps me to bypass the auto-reject barriers.
    On the other hand, if people are asking for M+ score to do a 15, they're doing it wrong. 15s are easy enough these days to get carred by ilvl only imo, so if all you care about is doing your weekly +15 for the chest, you shouldn't have a problem.
    Overall I think it's a good system for those people that *enjoy* running high lvl keys (and yes, some people do find fun running high lvl keys).

Quote Originally Posted by venomancer View Post
    I'm a player from the server Ragnaros (US), and my server is tagged, among others, as an "instant reject" server on every single pug activity. Having a decently high score in this M+ score system, even if abit flawed, helps me to bypass the auto-reject barriers.
    On the other hand, if people are asking for M+ score to do a 15, they're doing it wrong. 15s are easy enough these days to get carred by ilvl only imo, so if all you care about is doing your weekly +15 for the chest, you shouldn't have a problem.
    Overall I think it's a good system for those people that *enjoy* running high lvl keys (and yes, some people do find fun running high lvl keys).
    Agree. I was seeing +12 or +13 asking for a M+ score, I'm just sighing. We should develop an alternative system. It also depends a lot of your comp and the affixes. This whole thing is crap but for the top 2000 players.

The worst thing about the m+ score on wowprogress is that it can only count the runs who got into top 100 on one of the group members server.
    If you do a +16 of Vault (only people from the same server in group) but the top 100 contains already 17-19 of the same dungeon, your run will not be visible on the site itself and therefore is not even counted.
    When you do keys at the end of a week you have a good chance of getting your keys not counted at all.
    In the blizz 100 board the key number is over the time spent for the key. Only when there are serveral same key numbers they are sorted by time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creativlol View Post
    The worst thing about the m+ score on wowprogress is that it can only count the runs who got into top 100 on one of the group members server.
    If you do a +16 of Vault (only people from the same server in group) but the top 100 contains already 17-19 of the same dungeon, your run will not be visible on the site itself and therefore is not even counted.
    When you do keys at the end of a week you have a good chance of getting your keys not counted at all.
    In the blizz 100 board the key number is over the time spent for the key. Only when there are serveral same key numbers they are sorted by time.
    Well, even on the biggest servers the lowest on the top-100 are only like +12 or +13 depending on dungeon and week. And that is assuming every single person out of the group is from the biggest server.

Hats off to those with high M+ scores. From what I can tell, they have genuinely earned them, and it does fairly testify to their ability in M+.

On the other hand, I do understand that earning a high M+ score requires more than being good at M+. It requires spending your time running high keys with other good players, time that could have been spent carrying guild mates from your raid team through some M+ to help them gear up, or raiding on your alts to keep them up to par.

I would describe myself as a decent M+ player, but am fully aware I have room to improve. I earned my KSM early in the expansion, but rarely run more than a 15 (16s now, so I can start the next week with a 15). After getting mine for the week, I turn to helping guildies get theirs.

What M+ score will never do is replace actually knowing the players you run with, knowing first hand their strengths and weaknesses and tendancies. Fortunately for me, the people I run with aren't looking at my score, they are remembering the last time we ran together.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Because I only PuG M+ and do it on a very high pop server ... they never get recorded. That's my only gripe with the system. Otherwise it's good, way better than ilvl.

My issue with it is that it's a self feeding cycle. My M+ score is low, so I can't get into the good groups, so my score is low, so I can't get into good groups, etc.

When I do get into a group, some times I'm the cause of the run going pear shape sure, I don't have much experience but I can't get into the good groups to get the good experience...oh look we're back to this loop. But it's usually not my fault things go sour, it's some other guys, and that just ruins my score more...so I can't get the good groups...you get the point by now.

I have never been a fan of metrics like these, they cause these cycles and just make it impossible for people to grow.

Deleted
    It's a double edged sword really. I understand people wanting to know the capabilities of potential group members, but seeing how unreal the expectations of pug groups are (I still laugh and want to punch people in the face when I see Normal ToS groups requiring 920+ gearscore. Reminder, Normal drops 900-910 items.), it does more harm than good. Prime example of that is what many people already mentioned - if you're doing mythic+ basically only for the chest, you'll have shit score, alas you'll only be able to do (near) +14 dungeons with a guild / friends premade group, as pugs wont invite you...

What's considered as "good" score anyway?

I'm sure it's affecting me that much - yet. My mythic score is 497

Though is it working correctly? It says Amount of Mythic 10+ Dungeons completed in time: 0, but that's wrong, I have completed a 10 and 12 in time.
    I'm also on a very populated server, Kazzak, and I'll be pushed further down by the insanely skilled/experienced(and numerous) players there? Or? I don't know.

After getting my Keystone Master for doing a 10 in time this week, I'd like to try these higher runs, but I haven't done that many dungeons; 40 completed in time - though it should be 42, due to my missing 10 and 12.. I fear that being relatively new to - for me - higher keys, will punish me, with my incomplete runs, like my 83m in +14 Arcway. People might check me there on wowprogress and think I'm truly hopeless, not invite me/join my key, and thus no progress for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xPraetoriaNx View Post
    unreal the expectations of pug groups are (I still laugh and want to punch people in the face when I see Normal ToS groups requiring 920+ gearscore. Reminder, Normal drops 900-910 items.), it does more harm than good.
    Nothing wrong with that. It's for players that want fast run with similar geared players and share titanforged loot with each others instead of having some low geared player who need everything that drops.