Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by excited View Post
    boxofficemojo/movies/?id=warcraft.htm (cant link)

how was it a flop exactly? Budget of 160 million $ to 433mill$ world wide is amazing and isn't a flop.
    Never saw the numbers myself so hmm. I was going off what the director himself said and how apparently it wasn't successful enough or something... let me see if I can find the article where I read it.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/...ut-warcraft-2/

This one @excited

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's presence at NYCC and SDCC has mostly focused on Overwatch since they announced that game. I suspect their panel will be more about Doomfist than anything for WoW.

Edit: Checking the schedule, the only panel Blizzard itself is actually hosting is indeed an Overwatch panel focused on how they created Doomfist.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-07-14 at 08:43 PM.

yeah, it didn't do too well in america which is a surprise because seeing how well it did in China and the rest of the world.

but just based on the fact that it smashed outside of the US, they will release a sequel, and i'm so fucking ready for it.

(Hoping its better than the first one... was kinda disappointed)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Blizzard's presence at NYCC and SDCC has mostly focused on Overwatch since they announced that game. I suspect their panel will be more about Doomfist than anything for WoW.

Edit: Checking the schedule, the only panel Blizzard itself is actually hosting is indeed an Overwatch panel focused on how they created Doomfist.
    Shit, how did I miss that. But yeah, they'd need a panel scheduled for any kind of WoW reveal. And there isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No, I don't think so. They never did that and the event is overall too small for an expansion announcement. It's even debatle if they'll announce it on Gamescom when they have their own, massive Blizzcon just three months later.
    Yeah, we said the same about Gamescom and look how it ended.
    But TBH it would be better to reveal it at gamescom, generete the initial hype, then reveal the details at blizzcon

They'll always do reveals at Blizzcon; it's one of the few reasons people still go to it. Why would they do it at someone else's event?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    it's one of the few reasons people still go to it
    Seems to me that almost everyone goes for IRL meetups and parties, to meet the devs, or to participate in the contests.

I think the people who only care about announcements just stay home and watch the stream.

Besides, Legion was announced at Gamescom.

My bet is on Gamescom rather than Comicon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamescom seems more plausible. I don't expect the next expansion to be announced before 7.3 is released (most likely) next month.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    They'll always do reveals at Blizzcon; it's one of the few reasons people still go to it. Why would they do it at someone else's event?
    Reveals are definitely a big reason to go, as are the Q&A's, the costume contest, the merch booths, and the parties at night. Any convention scene, be it E3, SDCC, Blizzcon, whatever, there's a BIG scene at night with the parties. Some people combine the convention with their vacations, and go for the party. NAMM is like that, for the music industry - go to the show for the gear, and then try and get into the hottest parties at night, the ones the rock stars are going to.
    Cons, especially the sci fi ones going back decades, have always been at least half about the parties at night.

Deleted
    Dont understand the logic behind thinking that Blizzard would ever announce an expansion on SGDQ.

Its like saying, "Will beyonce, come to my birthday party because i sent her an e-vite?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Right now Gamescom is only place where they reveal stuff, only because Blizzard is simply too big now and they just can't annouce everything on 80 minutes long opening ceremony. If they would ever expand it further, they would rather choose some gaming convention like E3.

Because? There is nothing unusual with annoucing WoW expac before current one is over. In fact it's the only way, if they want to avoid 12+ content drought.
    And spoil the ending. You mist be fucking high. Especially since u believe there still won't be a end expat drought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    Gamescom seems more plausible. I don't expect the next expansion to be announced before 7.3 is released (most likely) next month.
    You mean 7.3.5. 7.3 are story scraps. The build up to the real event

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Seems to me that almost everyone goes for IRL meetups and parties, to meet the devs, or to participate in the contests.

I think the people who only care about announcements just stay home and watch the stream.

Besides, Legion was announced at Gamescom.
    And at gamescom hfc had already been live a few weeks.

Skype is won't be love until oct-nov which spoiler. Means blizzcon

Legion hasn't even entered the third raid tier yet. Expac announcement is still a ways away methinks.

It is quite possible that Blizzard will delay expansion announcement all way to Blizzcon. Yet they advertised this years Gamescom their "biggest gamescom yet", which just could just mean all other events like dance,coplay competitions and esports events together. But with all the attention it would be silly that there would be no big announcements at all.

- Hearthstone expansion was just announced, so it cannot be it. It might be (and probably is) playable at there.
    - Overwatch sequel or expansion set. Quite possible, but not necessarily.
    - I don't think that it won't be Diablo 3 expansion set, since Necromancer class just came out and if they would doing expansion set for Diablo 3, it probably would been part of it. Diablo 4 is possible, but again, not necessarily (and I highly doubt it).
    - There is probably some sort Heroes of the Storm announcement.
    - Announcement of some totally new game(s). Quite possible.
    - Starcraft 3? Might be.

What comes to Warcraft, I believe that there might be two or three possible annoucements:

- Remaster of Warcraft 2 with expansion set and/or Warcraft 3 and the Frozen Throne

or

- Expansion set for World of Warcraft.

7.3 patch is probably playable in Gamescom regardless of either option.

So as a summary, I believe that if there are any big announcements any of Blizzard in Gamescom, possibilities are:

- Expansion Set to World of Warcraft or remaster of earlier games
    - Totally new game franchises
    - New Starcraft game
    - Overwatch sequel / expansion set
    - Heroes of the Storm annoucement (at least new heroes)

But anyway, we have to still wait for a few weeks, since I believe that they will announce schedule for Gamescom 1-2 before event. And when they do, we can probably tell from that if there is announcement or not in Gamescom. This is just my guessing however.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Legion hasn't even entered the third raid tier yet. Expac announcement is still a ways away methinks.
    They'll announce it at Gamescom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You mean 7.3.5. 7.3 are story scraps. The build up to the real event
    7.2.5 was abysmal in term of lore. 7.2 was where the bulk of it was. And even there, it was ridiculously small.

7.3 will have the bulk of the lore (as per datamined characters dialogues).

Plus, some devs, like Samwise Didier - who is Warcraft's Art Director, started hinting at the next expansion.

I don't want to spoil you, but with this, plus the datamined dialogues, it seems that we are headed straight toward an old god expansion.

7.3.5 will be the release of the raid tier... and perhaps the introduction of the next expansion.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

We have at the very minimum another year of legion, not really sure why people are worried about an xpac announcement. There is no reason to think anything will be said about it before Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    7.2.5 was abysmal in term of lore. 7.2 was where the bulk of it was. And even there, it was ridiculously small.

7.3 will have the bulk of the lore (as per datamined characters dialogues).

Plus, some devs, like Samwise Didier - who is Warcraft's Art Director, started hinting at the next expansion.

I don't want to spoil you, but with this, plus the datamined dialogues, it seems that we are headed straight toward an old god expansion.

7.3.5 will be the release of the raid tier... and perhaps the introduction of the next expansion.

Samwise is Warcraft art director? When did this happen? Thought he was at SC...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    We have at the very minimum another year of legion, not really sure why people are worried about an xpac announcement. There is no reason to think anything will be said about it before Blizzcon.
    Well I'm pretty sure we will get it at gamescom. If they wanted to reveal something big at SDCC, they would have let us know by now, so that is a definite no. Gamescom on the other hand would work perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Samwise is Warcraft art director? When did this happen? Thought he was at SC...
    I don't know what projects he's actively working on currently besides Heroes (is there still development going on in SCII?), but he's worked on most Blizzard games at some point afaik. He's definitely worked on WoW and his warcraft concept art is in the Blizzard campus gallery/museum as well as in the art books that come with the expansion CEs.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |