Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

A question to the anti texter drivers.

Convince me texting and driving is bad. noone has been able to make a good argument and yet I've had.and any charts and link people posted showed that it's a non issue and that it's merely a distraction since from the last thread. I wanted it to be civil. So I'll try it one more time.

Prove to you that doing something other than operating your vehicle while operating your vehicle is bad? Sure, buddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    No arguments? Gotcha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    How about the common fucking sense that any kind of distraction while driving a 1 ton piece of metal, plastics and volatile chemicals 60 miles/ hour down an asphalt road littered with concrete barriers, pedestrians, wild/domestic animals and other stupid texting drivers is dangerous enough.

Throwing aside your own personal safety only compounds the problem.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Prove to you that doing something other than operating your vehicle while operating your vehicle is bad? Sure, buddy.
    Prove it I'm waiting. Just because some people can't do it. Doesn't mean that most people who can do it without problems shouldn't be allowed to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    oone has been able to make a good argument

I'm pretty sure the only argument you need is "keep your eyes on the road, if you are looking at your phone, you arent watching the road".

If that isn't a good enough argument for you, you're beyond logic.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Common sense that you're taking your eyes off the road?

Prove it I'm waiting. Just because some people can't do it. Doesn't mean that most people who can do it without problems shouldn't be allowed to do it.
    Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you are putting other people's lives at risk by doing it... Yeah, it kinda shouldn't be allowed, they have no way to regulate who can and cannot do it without problems.

If you were only endangering yourself I'd say sure, go for it, but you aren't, so don't.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Again, what right do you have to put other peoples' lives in danger just so you can send a text?

If it was only the asshole texting who died or got maimed, I wouldn't give a rat's ass, as they're just doing what evolution intended and removing themselves from the gene pool, but they also take other people with them when they Darwin it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    How about the common fucking sense that any kind of distraction while driving a 1 ton piece of metal, plastics and volatile chemicals 60 miles/ hour down an asphalt road littered with concrete barriers, pedestrians, wild/domestic animals and other stupid texting drivers is dangerous enough.

Throwing aside your own personal safety only compounds the problem.
    It's no more dangerous than listening to the radio in your car. It's more common sense to know when to do it when say open road in the middle of nowhere with no sight of a single car in hours at 60mph vs busy traffic on its way to a Citi going 60mph an hour, I sure wouldn't try it near the city. You however should figure out if you can do it, know your strengths and weaknesses.

Provide evidence that it doesn't cause issues, because plenty of people provided sources that say otherwise. Also why is this guy allowed to post when he's clearly fishing for angry responses.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's no more dangerous than listening to the radio in your car.

Uhh, yes, it is, because listening to your radio doesn't require you to LOOK AT your radio and take your eyes off the road and your surroundings.

Radio is audio, it requires ears, deaf people are allowed to drive, they can't hear anything... Texting is visual, it requires eyes, blind people aren't allowed to drive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Common sense that you're taking your eyes off the road?
    It's not, you'd have to be looking at it for 5 secs to have your eyes fully focused on your and too be completely off the road. Most people don't do this

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    When you are putting other people's lives at risk by doing it... Yeah, it kinda shouldn't be allowed, they have no way to regulate who can and cannot do it without problems.

If you were only endangering yourself I'd say sure, go for it, but you aren't, so don't.
    It doesn't put peoples lives in danger though unless you were looking at it for too long.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it does...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not, you'd have to be looking at it for 5 secs to have your eyes fully focused on your and too be completely off the road. Most people don't do this

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't put peoples lives in danger though unless you were looking at it for too long.

Any amount of time is too long unless you're stopped at a stoplight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Again, what right do you have to put other peoples' lives in danger just so you can send a text?

If it was only the asshole texting who died or got maimed, I wouldn't give a rat's ass, as they're just doing what evolution intended and removing themselves from the gene pool, but they also take other people with them when they Darwin it up.
    Again tell me how it puts people's lives in danger? It's no more dangerous than listening to your radio.

It's not, you'd have to be looking at it for 5 secs to have your eyes fully focused on your and too be completely off the road.
    Prove it.

Most people don't do this
    This as well.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've almost been run over on pedestrian crossings more time than I can count by people looking down at their phones and only looking up or noticing they nearly killed me after I've kicked the side of their car as they drive past.