Thread: Race Halls

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Race Halls

With the expectation of a expansion announcement creating chatter on what everyone wants and suspects we will see in 8.0. I was wonder if people liked the class halls and the story telling they did to each class. And would you like this type of story telling to continue. I myself would love to see Race quests that would give each race some story in the next expansion. We have had the same heroes for the races for so long I'd love it if they'd introduce new racial heroes and move on from some of the old characters.

Your Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hated the class halls. Hated the garrison.
    I don't want any more Shit to divide the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    we've had those since vanilla

Thats racist
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I doubt they would call them Race Halls ... but it would be nice to have a story continue for races, after your starting zone, it is pretty meh on your race having any real impact in the story, but my issue, race seems a step down from class orders.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

You're suggesting racial segregation?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes for new characters of different races.
    Yes for some race-specific questing.

...But race halls? I would prefer proper cities for each race. Worgens should have Gilneas again, Gnomes and Gnomeregan, proper layout and facilities for Darkspear Isle and Bilgewater Harbor... stuff like that. Oh, and the top of Teldrassil. It's still a tree stump, but it should be a tree. Pandarens are lucky and got a whole continent for their lore! They should simply give more support for Dawn's Blossom in the Jade Forest.

Classes are "fairly" distributed population wise. Sure, there's a lot more Hunters than Monks, but it's not a massive difference.

Races though? Humans and Blood Elves (and maybe Night Elves) outnumber the rest of their respective faction by a pretty large order.

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe View Post
    Hated the class halls. Hated the garrison.
    I don't want any more Shit to divide the community.
    the community you long for has been dead for a few expansions now

10+ Year Old Account
    Race halls? Why do stories need to be told just because of the race you chose? Why not just tell an interesting story and if there happens to be a Tauren or Belf or Gnome, then so be it?

Setting a quota of diversity's a great way to end up with a steaming pile of shit. For example, Dwarves and Trolls as races might not have a ton to contribute to the overarching story of the next expansion, I don't see why you'd want to force a story out of thin air. Recipe for a boring premise and pointless characters. Do you want 10 Yrels to pop up out of nowhere only to be forgotten shortly after the final tier's cinematics?
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2017-07-21 at 02:17 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    the community you long for has been dead for a few expansions now
    I don't want the community you're talking about. I'm talking the literal avatars.
    Two expansions now where I'm standing basically alone in where all the bullshit is.

Guild halls! i just want somewhere to hang out that my guildies could hang out as well... nevermind the fact that i just chill in dead guilds or bank alts

Deleted
    Hope we will see this happen.

Race story lines move forward.
    New race heroes (villians)
    New racial armor sets or weapon.
    New update racial mounts.

So yeah would love this feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with it but frankly I'd rather have the main cities overhauled to be more useful, and not ghost towns.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I thought about it, but I think people would be pissed (and not only the ones that are always pissed). Personally, I have 100+ alt of every race, but most just choose 1-2 favorite, and of course many don't play both Horde and Alliance. So it would be frustrating for regular person to see whole 8.0 content.

No more garrison/instanced bullshit. I liked seeing tons of people in the main city hub.

Race halls, class halls, solo halls (garrison) can diaf. But guild halls could be a good way to make guild structure more relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be better to simply give people a reason to go back to their racial capital (assuming they have one...that's a problem, yes).
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

That is also something I was thinking about. We desperately need racial lore and something for race-class flavor.

Nowadays everything is so homogenised that you can barely tell difference why does it matter to be let's say Human and night elf priest.
    But there is a vast dfference lorewise!

Just because classes are the same doesn't meant that all priests are the same.

So we need more emphasise on what makes speciffic combo different.

To add extra lore for that, explore it. Change some spells to be more cosmetic and fit the race.

For example If you have fully themed character for troll you have to pick shaman because only shaman class has all the cool things that additionaly explores the race.
    the cosmetic glyphs, spells, gear options.

So I believe racial halls should be much smaller than class halls, and they should be giving specific quests for each class to explore it a bit.
    For example troll warlock maybe isn't warlock in it's usual understanding - maybe it's a hexxer that likes to play with curses and has pyromaniac tendencies?

To learn on how Pandaren learned to be mages, what makes them different to other mages? Maybe they have some spcial treat? Maybe the food they conjure gives buffs (but smaller than crated food ofc)?
    Night elven spells would have extra "star" effect as they cast arcane spells.

Night elven priests holy spells would have silver glow to show that their power comes from Elune. Maybe some spells should be renamed for certain races, like alliance "shamans" don't have Blood lust but Heroism.

For example instead of getting usual wings on Archangel ability, they'd have stylized aztec ones, and ability wouldn't be called Archangel but "Loa's Chosen" (or something different), as trolls don't believe in angels and crap like this.

I'm starting a blog where I could store all this conceptual stuff.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Deleted
    I prefer Guild Halls, just Housing (as a Residence) or own ship. Housing would be the casual feature, optional with minimum lore and just for vanity or some NPCs/portals. And Guild Halls could be with missions, troops etc but more cooperated.

In each case it would be cool if we could choose what race style/place do we want for this, like Gilnean residence, dwarvish fort, Pandarian temple etc.