Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "The Failing New York Times" YOU GAVE THEM AN INTERVIEW YOU MORON!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...26438265966592

You're the president, dumbass. If you want those investigated then order that they be investigated.

This man is a fucking moron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...26438265966592

You're the president, dumbass. If you want those investigated then order that they be investigated.

This man is a fucking moron.
    That doesn't mean he is a moron. Twitter is not his diaries, even if it seems like it. Twitter is there for his supporters and his ego only. Blame the people who buy it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    So, now, along comes a story about the former Ambassador for Russia, being spyed on by U.S. intelligence (wait... I thought only Russia did the spying? You mean we do that too?) and they supposedly have Kislyak on tape contradicting Session's statements about his contacts with "the Russians".

Now, I would think that folks like the OP would question the veracity of the Russian Ambassadors account of his meeting with Sessions, given their complete distrust of "the Russians" - but instead they are willing to buy this story hook, line, and sinker. They are willing to betray their convictions, at the drop of hat, because it bolsters their overall narrative - to destroy Trump, at all costs (including their convictions.)

They don't stop to think for one second that Kislyak KNOWS he is being recorded by US intel (hell, we all know from the Flynn intercepts that US intel is recording everyone - and the people being recorded know it as well) and he purposely mischaracterized the meeting specifically to do what the anti-Trumpers scream about - to undermine our democracy. They are so blinded by their hatred for Trump, they don't even realize that they are ones actually being manipulated by Russian propaganda.
    Are you actually claiming that US intelligence has a record of Trump's team colluding with Russia?

I know, it was machinised by the Russians. But, are you actually saying that FBI has recordings that confirm Trump administration did all this?

(Again, I understand that Russia is behind tricking Trump's team to do all this. I understand that you think that excuses Trump, I'm fine with that.)

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, if Russia tricked Trump, could you tell him to cut this shit out:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN19U0P4

Trump backtracks on cyber unit with Russia after harsh criticism

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/20/russi...group-ria.html

Russia says in talks with US to create cybersecurity working group: RIA

@Ransath can you please reach out to the_donald and tell them your theory. You need as many people to tell Trump this is a mistake as possible. He won't listen to his haters, but he will listen when it comes from love!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Just one thought:

If I'd be in Trumps position, I'd face the dilemma that while my rabid fanbase believes everything i say, the fake news spin doesn't sit that well, at least for some of the more conservatives news agencies (not politcally). So how to convince the people that these news are all fake?

Personally i'd leak some info that i know i can contradict, wait for the media to publish it, then go public with my facts why its fake, and destroy the credibility. Because lets face it, if this would turn out to be fake news, the next time something big hits, even we here will be more careful.

Hate to spread "conspiracy" but that's what I#D do in Trumps position.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Just one thought:

If I'd be in Trumps position, I'd face the dilemma that while my rabid fanbase believes everything i say, the fake news spin doesn't sit that well, at least for some of the more conservatives news agencies (not politcally). So how to convince the people that these news are all fake?

Personally i'd leak some info that i know i can contradict, wait for the media to publish it, then go public with my facts why its fake, and destroy the credibility. Because lets face it, if this would turn out to be fake news, the next time something big hits, even we here will be more careful.

Someone tried to do exactly that a couple weeks ago by feeding a forged document to Rachel Maddow. She did her homework on it, decided it was bogus, then put the word out that there is hinkiness afoot and journalists should make sure their info is good before going public.

Any bogus intel that gets out now is only likely to catch the very stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Any bogus intel that gets out now is only likely to catch the very stupid.
    Also, the story refers to a leaked intelligence report. Assuming it was false, it would be easy for Trump's appointees to say "it's false, look, we'll turn over everything to the Senate".

But yeah, it's oddly quiet in Sessions' office. He's yet to deny it. His lawyer didn't deny it, the response was "unverified".

Deleted
    Since Trump just complained about Sessions...how far fetched is a leak coming from the WH ? Trump is given a perfect excuse to fire him, put in another stooge and go after Mueller next.

Also f-ck Dunkirk. Technically jaw dropping, but god f-ck, what a piss poor story-teller is that man ? Saving Private Ryan > Dunkirk.

Deleted
    Watching the Trump administration is like watching Game of Thrones where everyone is replaced by Hodor, Podrick Payne and Theon Greyjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Watching the Trump administration is like watching Game of Thrones where everyone is replaced by Hodor, Podrick Payne and Theon Greyjoy.
    "But her dragooooooooooooons"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slinkypoe View Post
    Since Trump just complained about Sessions...how far fetched is a leak coming from the WH ?
    Old topic. Wander up and down the recent threads and you'll see various thoughts on the subject. The most dangerous obstacle, of course, is that believing such a conversation exists is one thing, but you can't tell the FBI "hey, play that one conversation everyone heard about, it's gotta be in there somewhere go find it", but knowing it exists is another.

Basically, it means you'd have to admit to the crime that Sessions was supposed to help cover up. To the FBI.

I'll admit it's possible. But it's not my first choice. Others disagree, read up on it.

Tje problem with the "Trump leaked this to push Sessions out" line of thinking is that it assumes that Trump would have his pick of the litter for the next attorney general.

The soon-to-be-FBI director Wray tells us the opposite is true. Trump would not be able to get someone nearly as loyal as Sessons through the Senate again. Not with what we know.

Trump does not play 5D chess anyway.

If there is any angle, I think it's this one. Trump heard the story was coming. Said what he did to shame Sessions, so Sessions would not resign out of a sense of protecting the integrity of the systems. Basically "last time you did the right thing, and look what it got you. Don't do it this time. You work for me!"

But I'm not sure I entirely believe that either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    A lot of people on Twitter are wondering if this was actually a Trump leak to force Sessions out.

Seems rather counterproductive.
    Maybe. Its also possible trump got wind of this story and wanted to distance himself from the last surviving lil rascal so he threw him under the bus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Tje problem with the "Trump leaked this to push Sessions out" line of thinking is that it assumes that Trump would have his pick of the litter for the next attorney general.

The soon-to-be-FBI director Wray tells us the opposite is true. Trump would not be able to get someone nearly as loyal as Sessons through the Senate again. Not with what we know.

If there is any angle, I think it's this one. Trump heard the story was coming. Said what he did to shame Sessions, so Sessions would not resign out of a sense of protecting the integrity of the systems. Basically "last time you did the right thing, and look what it got you. Don't do it this time. You work for me!"

Yea trump threw sessions under the bus cause he got a heads up about this.

The only problem is that it might just piss that old racist fart off and he may have some dirt on trump. Of course trump cam then just claim fake news jeffie pop is just pissed off! Sad! I guess it depends on how much of a cuck sessions is. Trump just fucked your wife beauregard.

The best part is that sessions was one of trumps first and most ardent supporters. And trump has the nerve to demand loyalty from others. What an awful place to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    The best part is that sessions was one of trumps first and most ardent supporters. And trump has the nerve to demand loyalty from others. What an awful place to work.
    Trump has shown time and again that while he demands loyalty, he gives little in return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Or he just acted in the moment and that was what was going around in his mind. While i do like to make and analyze plans... i don't think trump does act that strategically. He not only throws tantrums like a 4 year old, he also has the same strategic mind, focus and planning ability...

Just one thought:

You know that leaking info just doesn't work like that right. You don't just leak stuff to a reporter and they just publish that crap.

Unlike what Trump and the rabbit right claims a reporter actually vets his source and tries to verify the info with more sources.

Just one thought:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7749821.html

They have tried before. But as @ati87 pointed out any journalist worth his salt will check and vet the source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or he just acted in the moment and that was what was going around in his mind. While i do like to make and analyze plans... i don't think trump does act that strategically. He not only throws tantrums like a 4 year old, he also has the same strategic mind, focus and planning ability...
    Its possible and youree correct that we shouldnt give too much cresit to trump. Having said that the timing is a bit too coincindental. Truml throws sessions under the bus literally a day or two before this breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7749821.html

They have tried before. But as @ati87 pointed out any journalist worth his salt will check and vet the source.
    Unless they are right-wing ''news'' site

For all of the shit they got Huffington post is for example pretty accurate in their reporting vs the so called ideological counterpart fox news

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/huffington-post/
    https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/fox-news/

10+ Year Old Account
    The suggestive dialog continues.

Exclusive: Trump ponders Rudy Giuliani for attorney general

Now, I honestly don't know where Axios is on the spectrum. But looking at this as an opinion piece, or even just a "what if", what would this accomplish? Yes, Giulliani is a die hard fan and a lot of people thought he'd have the job before. Hell, maybe they even cheated on their wives together. But would this actually help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Now, I honestly don't know where Axios is on the spectrum. But looking at this as an opinion piece, or even just a "what if", what would this accomplish? Yes, Giulliani is a die hard fan and a lot of people thought he'd have the job before. Hell, maybe they even cheated on their wives together. But would this actually help?
    Giuliani was on a short list for Secretary of State. I don't know who it would help, but it does make sense. He got chummy with Trump as both were prominent NYC elites, while Giuliani was mayor.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Desperation, optics be damned. Giuliani absolutely won't survive confirmation. But Trump could very well install him during the recess, giving him a month unchecked, if congress doesn't get on board with the counter that's being discussed already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation