Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    How about Alterac Humans? Those fought with the Horde, and never said sorry afterwards.
    They created the Syndicate that's not really friendly towards the Horde. The only "humans" that'd make sense in the Horde (other than Kul'tiras which is technically still up in the air, but rather unlikely because of their history) are ghosts of the Alliance Expedition to Draenor that were recruited by the Forsaken in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Julaes View Post
    How about put the complete information?

The high elves were once a significant force on the continent, but in recent times their numbers have been dramatically reduced: 90% of their race was slaughtered in the Third War; Following this, another 90% of the survivors changed their name to "blood elves" in remembrance of their fallen brethren and no longer consider themselves high elven. Around 25,000 true high elves remain, most of whom cling to the Alliance trying to restore the glory of their once great people.
    Do complete this already complete information and give a source for these 25000 High Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Well, they already exist in the game. Alterac humans formed the Syndicate (Orange masked Defias, basically) after their kingdom was destroyed. I haven't quested in that area since Cataclysm, so not sure if they're still a thing. Have they been killed off in the new Forsaken questlines?
    Alterac itself wasn't really updated for Cata (other than being merged with Hillsbrad) so the lore status of the Syndicate forces remaining there is unknown. Syndicate forces of Hillsbrad proper were removed in Cata revamp. That leaves only the Syndicate forces in Arathi. Which, for the most part, was also not updated for Cata. The ones occupying Stromgarde city are gone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    Do the Vegan Police come after you whenever you consume any non-vegan food items?
    Yes, it's a special minigame for that race. But to balance it out, they don't have racials.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    I am actually pretty sure lorewise High elves are still on the side of the alliance. first of all, There have always been High elves in SW and the like. And in cata, the high elves of dire maul Rejoined the alliance, It was a pretty big thing politic wise. (which is also on a lore gameplay reason why Night elves can be mages, which they swore never to use, but it been traninen by the high elves.)
    The Elves of Dire Maul were Night Elf Highborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Does it state that in the Chronicle? If not, then it's not canon. Also, apparently, they have enough members to mount a campaign in Northrend, Pandaria, etc., and if Blizzard wanted the topic to go away then they would be advised to... you know... stop featuring them in the game.
    Unless Chronicle made contradictory statements (and given how Chronicle didn't get to W3 and later time period, it is extremely unlikely it made any statements on High Elves post-Thalassian shift), it remains canon because that's how canon works. And Silver Covenant always acted in support role for other forces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Safhira View Post
    This has been my wish since I played the Pandaren starting zone. I know it will never happen but it's still on my wish list.
    You know, this has been a funny thing about Pandaren. Despite them not getting a proper district and everything, they actually want to join the faction they join. This is very rare for the Horde.

The Alliance? They like each other. THe Draenei supposedly went to Azeroth because they were inspired by how the Alliance stood against the Burning Legion. Well the gilneans weren't really fans, but they owe the night elves a favour. They are the odd ones out.

The Horde has the Orcs, the trolls and the tauren, but the rest are just tagging along. It was never a secret that for the forsaken it is just an alliance of convenience. Sylvanas knew that she can't get revenge on Arthas all alone and only the Horde was willing to accept zombies. And even there only really the Tauren and likely Thrall. The belves similarly needed allies to help them follow Kael'Thas and the night elves don't like them much and Sylvanas was there to vouch for them. And they are so super loyal to the Horde that every time someone from the Alliance, who isn't Jaina, is within hearing distance, they open negotiations to jump ship. The goblins? It was pure chance. Gallywix is motivated by greed and maybe a bit of fear that Thrall will smash him in the head with the Doomhammer if he does not cooperate.

But the Hojin totally WANT to be a part of the Horde. Or at the very least wanted. The Kor'Kron nearly killing Ji Firepaw may have made them less excited about being members.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmochampionuserone View Post
    It's just that high elves have always been part of the Alliance and it's wierd they shoehorned them into a Horde race.
    Other than the part where they left the Alliance in W3 after Garithos almost executed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromu View Post
    Lorewise the Blood elf race not being neutral is contradictory...

Horde had Trolls which were ancient enemies (Zuljin ones)
    And that alliance ended in W2.

Horde burned Silvermoon forrest (2nd war)
    Alliance tried to execute them for allying with the Naga in order to survive a deliberately suicidal order by Garithos.

Their greatest threat today are Sylvanas Forsaken.
    All of my wat.

Two iconic figures are Alliance related (the remaining alive Windrunner sisters).
    How is Vereesa iconic? And Alleria is neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Funny that you end up citing exactly what's most lkely the Horde will get: human-looking Forsaken (like Nathanos) and nightborne.
    Yes, I think Horde will get them BOTH. And the Alliance will get high elves and Outland broken (whose models are based on tauren's).
    Unless Sylvanas gets a bajillion Val'kyr (in which case the forums will be flooded with so many Alliance tears the game will be forcibly shut down for creating mass disturbance and being an ecological threat due to all the salt being generated), there is no way for Forsaken to get any significant amount of Forsaken like Nathanos (or any, period, given how Sylvanas would be unlikely to sacrifice any more Val'kyr).

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    But the whole point of people wanting high elves for better of worse is because they want them on the alliance, because that's where they were from in warcraft II, Dwarves, Humans and High elves as the iconic alliance races during that war. There's a reason why those statues are at the gates of Stormwind.
    And then they left in W3. And the statue at the gates of Stormwind is for Alleria. For being a member of Alliance Expedition. Which she joined for her personal Orc-hating reasons and not any deep love of the Alliance.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Other than the part where they left the Alliance in W3 after Garithos almost executed them.
    Ugh.. those were the blood elves..

Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Ugh.. Given how the split happened later on after Kael went to Outland, those were all the Thalassian Elves, starting with their government. Chronology of events is a thing.

At that time there was no schism, before Rommath returned from Outland and started to spread new teachings there was no dissent. Meaning high elves pretty much didn't exist.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still holding out for the day we can finally get High Elf on Alliance.

I started Warcraft when I was young when High Elves were an Alliance Arm Unit.

One day we shall rule again.

You are pretending, that elves lived only in quel'thalas.. It's not like some of them lived at the different places in the world.

Dunno why people are claiming high elves can never be a race, when we literally had a patch with high elves as the bulk of the Alliance forces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flipped Elf killed me

You are pretending, that elves lived only in quel'thalas.. It's not like some of them lived at the different places in the world.
    All of them still affiliated with said kingdom, none of them had broken ties at that point. That only happened after Rommath returned and his teachings became mandatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Actually, you're missing one.

Quote Originally Posted by Baerong View Post
    Even if it would make sense lorewise, it would still be a terrible idea for the game. First of all it would take something away from the Horde, which was exclusive to them. Which also happens to be their most popular race. Which brings me to my second point. On Horde side we are already flooded with these Elves. Whenever I play a BG, I'm quite often surrounded by almost nothing but Elves. Now imagine High Elves on the Alliance side and how this BG will look. Elves, Elves, Elves everywhere. Or imagine Dalaran. It will take away immersion.
    I understand people like to play a pretty Elf, they are there. Play a Blood Elf, or play a Night Elf. But please let it be something original when new races are introduced.
    This sums it up perfectly! Thank you very much Baerong.

High elves add nothing to the game

This thread is the sad trumpet from Price is Right.

Unless Sylvanas gets a bajillion Val'kyr (in which case the forums will be flooded with so many Alliance tears the game will be forcibly shut down for creating mass disturbance and being an ecological threat due to all the salt being generated), there is no way for Forsaken to get any significant amount of Forsaken like Nathanos (or any, period, given how Sylvanas would be unlikely to sacrifice any more Val'kyr).
    The Nathanos short story sets up a precedent and explains why more undead like him can't be made right now, but it also opens the possibility that things can change in the future. How? Well, it explains that, without the necromantic power of the Lich King, the Val'kyr need to sacrifice part of themselves to make these advanced undead.

So, there's two ways Sylvanas could change that limitation:
    - Getting more Val'kyr
    or
    - Finding a power source that her existing Val'kyr could use to empower the ritual

The first possibility is very unlikely, but what about the second one? Powerful artifacts are scattered everywhere in Azeroth. What if Sylvanas can find one of them? I mean, Blizzard could very well say Helya's Lantern, now broken, is still a fount of power. (Remember when the chain of the Demon Soul had enough residual power to allow Zaela to dominate drakes in Cataclysm?)

Or Blizzard could even go another way. In Stormheim, we find vampire pirates that were turned into Nathanos-like undead when raiding artifacts from a Vrykul tomb. That quest seem very out of place there, as it has no relation to anything else happening in the zone. What if it's a setup for future Forsaken developments?

And there's even the possibility of Sylvanas making a deal with the Lich King, but I won't go down into that path as there's already a thread about it in the lore forums.

Blizzard has multiple ways to develop the lore. Making Nathanos an advanced form of undead opens the possibility of that being expanded further in the future. Do not count that possibility out.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2017-07-23 at 01:50 PM.

And then they left in W3. And the statue at the gates of Stormwind is for Alleria. For being a member of Alliance Expedition. Which she joined for her personal Orc-hating reasons and not any deep love of the Alliance.
    Even when factually inaccurate and obviously biased in your response, you are not even addressing my point; people want high elves because they were one of the "classic" alliance races on Warcraft II. They joined the second war during the attack on Southshore; it wasn't only Alleria. High elves continued to fight on the war, went on the expedition to Outland. Even after Quel'thalas left the alliance, high elves remained on alliance cities; and during the spread of the pague, priests from quel'thalas joined the alliance forces in their investigation. We are made clear that Dalaran is a cosmopolitan city with humans and elves. Come WoW BC we find the elves of the alliance expediton, still alliance aligned, come WoTLK, we see alliance high elves form an anti-horde faction and join the war efforts of the alliance as an entity for the first time since their exile from Quel'thalas, and so on.

Honestly, by your posts above, you are not even having a discussion, just saying "no" to people. Be my guest, have your opinion against, but there's nothing you are bringing up that proves you right.

Also, your interpretation of Alleria is that, only yours; There's a reason why she is heralded as one of the alliance's great heroes. Alleria joined the alliance forces before the horde even attacked Quel'thalas, so it's clear she has more than one reason to eventually join the alliance expedition (people can have more than one reason)

Deleted
    Ah, OK.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Would play Vegan Elf.

Bro this Mana isn't gluten free. I don't understand how you eat those manaworms, they were raised in captivity. I'm trying this new CrossFit place on the border of plague lands. I have to go up to Silvermoon this weekend, those Blood Elves make 100% natural hemp robes, they breathe so well.
    I take it you don't know what gluten is then.

Aren't Night Elf Magi supposed to be High Elves? Iirc the justification for adding Nelf magi was that they were starting to allow High Elves back in to their society, though with some natural mistrust.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The Nathanos short story sets up a precedent and explains why more undead like him can't be made right now, but it also opens the possibility that things can change in the future. How? Well, it explains that, without the necromantic power of the Lich King, the Val'kyr need to sacrifice part of themselves to make these advanced undead.

So, there's two ways Sylvanas could change that limitation:
    - Getting more Val'kyr
    or
    - Finding a power source that her existing Val'kyr could use to empower the ritual

The first possibility is very unlikely, but what about the second one? Powerful artifacts are scattered everywhere in Azeroth. What if Sylvanas can find one of them? I mean, Blizzard could very well say Helya's Lantern, now broken, is still a fount of power. (Remember when the chain of the Demon Soul had enough residual power to allow Zaela to dominate drakes in Cataclysm?)

Or Blizzard could even go another way. In Stormheim, we find vampire pirates that were turned into Nathanos-like undead when raiding artifacts from a Vrykul tomb. That quest seem very out of place there, as it has no relation to anything else happening in the zone. What if it's a setup for future Forsaken developments?

And there's even the possibility of Sylvanas making a deal with the Lich King, but I won't go down into that path as there's already a thread about it in the lore forums.

Blizzard has multiple ways to develop the lore. Making Nathanos an advanced form of undead opens the possibility of that being expanded further in the future. Do not count that possibility out.
    We also know that Sylvanas made some unknown deal with Helya before she died, and we haven't seen her since. My theory is that our warchief has become the new queen of Helheim.