Poll: Are you going to quit if they decide to keep titanforge?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I absolutely hate the RNG-fest that Legion brought, TF''ing being one of them. Honestly find it retarded that items can proc to current ilvl cap. People, and as such Guilds, are compelled to run old raids for the chance of procs... all in the name of appeasing the whiners wanting to keep things relevant -- fuck that, procs should have NEVER gone beyond +10 from the base ilvl, this current system is removing the incentive of trying harder content.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, I will quit only if loading screen will be mix of blue and yellow colors. If it will be just blue, I reconsider it.

For sure expansion theme, quality of content that I'll see in beta or even my feelings if I still like to play WoW or MMOs in general won't be deciding factors if I buy it or not.

Deleted
    Whats wrong with titanforge??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    It's more about how Titanforging greatly exacerbates power creep, and the problem with huge numbers that WoW has been suffering through.
    With the resets they can now do, big numbers aren't a problem. If it's a problem now it's one of perception.

Power creep is one of the ways they're keeping the game interesting. If upgrades went back to 1-2% upgrades throughout an expansion the complaining about that would totally drown out the noise over big numbers. Even if you converted all health and damage to some percentage basis and hid the underlying numbers power creep would be precisely the same as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    People, and as such Guilds, are compelled to run old raids for the chance of procs...
    Sounds like a personal problem to me.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-07-23 at 07:31 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I've already quit because of it. I'm not coming back until it's gone from the game.
    That's hilarious. If you're happy, though, you do you.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I think the loot system as a whole needs to be revamped again. Between legendaries and titanforged there's just too much RNG if you want to be a competitive player. But if you're just casual titanforged probably benefits you more than anything. But fuck the legendary system.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Mythic raiders are just mad that a pleb may get something the same ilvl as them once in the expansion (seriously, i've seen maybe 2-4 drops in heroic that were at mythic level, and lfr to mythic? that's the damn holy grail)
    Couldn't give a rats arse about someone raiding LFR getting a 955 piece.

However in mythic raiding itself i just consider it a disgrace that the hardest difficulty in the game basically only increases your chances of getting the best possible gear.

In MoP / WoD the difference was 7 Ilvl (And a Socket), now we're talking about a 25 Ilvl difference (including socket), that is a whole tier of difference.

If any non Mythic raider get their lucky day, congratz but on mythic difficulty i would hope that the Loot wouldn't have that massive power gap.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Sounds like a personal problem to me.
    Not really. I'm seeing a LOT of guilds raiding all difficulties, just to chance for them procs.

I have been a high-end tier raider since WotLK, and refuse to burn myself out with this stupid system. Suffice to say, it didn't take long to be demoted to social.

Doesn't really make a huge difference for me.... Its just a different thing as the game advances...

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why would I quit from a game I enjoy just because of an RNG affix on gear? Only a child would throw a tantrum and claim they were going to quit over such a banal thing.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

7+ Year Old Account
    no
    /10chars

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Don't care about it in the slightest.

Find it funny that people do though.
    Only elitists care about it really, it fucks up their desire for BIS,I can't help laughing at them lol

Nope, don't really see any negatives with it as a whole.

I'm not a fan of random systems though so I'd prefer getting a token or something you could put on loot to increase it's ilevel or something to avoid getting a peice of garbage WF/TF you don't want.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-07-23 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Not the system that makes me quit. Now if the exact same legendary system makes its way to 8.0...

Honestly, idk why people would quit over TF and not the bullshit legendary crap
    The legendary system is not nearly as bad as titanforging. Yeah it sucks in the beginning but when you get your BiS you're basically over. When the new legendary items came out this last patch, I only had one more to get in my main spec and that was with having 4 for my offspec already.

Titanforging means that OP trinket from the beginning of the expansion needs to get powercreeped every single new raid tier or else you're stuck farming it forever. That's way worse because even if you get an 895 Chaos Talisman during EN, you gotta get a 925 in NH and then a 955 in ToS and then an x in Antorus.... so it's actually cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I like it, and I wish they continued with Titanforge. Keeps content relevant. There is always a reason you might want to do more mythics or previous tier raids. If you feel you must do all of that 24/7 and burn out doing so, that's on you.

Titanforging itself isn't an issue. Being "forced" to clear every difficulty of previous content for TF chances and legendary BLP is the problem. When people are still clearing M-EN every week for a chance at a high TF Bloodthirsty Instinct, there's a problem. They should've made it so items from previous content can only TF up to the next level of content, so M-EN titanforges up to M-NH ilvl.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

You are missing a option in your vote: I would actually quit IF they remove it, because I love the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Titanforging itself isn't an issue. Being "forced" to clear every difficulty of previous content for TF chances and legendary BLP is the problem. When people are still clearing M-EN every week for a chance at a high TF Bloodthirsty Instinct, there's a problem. They should've made it so items from previous content can only TF up to the next level of content, so M-EN titanforges up to M-NH ilvl.
    Why? People are always complaining that as soon as a new tier comes out the old ones are useless, now you get even more content to run, be happy.

It's a shit system and should be removed/heavily limited, but it's just contributing to the pile of shit decisions that are slowly driving me towards quitting, but it's most likely not gonna do it on its own.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Mythic raiders are just mad that a pleb may get something the same ilvl as them once in the expansion (seriously, i've seen maybe 2-4 drops in heroic that were at mythic level, and lfr to mythic? that's the damn holy grail)
    But I am also a mythic raider and I like it... My whole raid team likes it. Has nothing to do with being a mythic raider at all.