Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Behavior like not having money to pay for mortgage? Behaving has nothing to do with it, the person can be a fucking saint and still go to jail if he/she fails to pay up. Coercing these people into sterilization because of some backwards idea of criminal traits inherited is madness.
    You don't go to jail for defaulting on your mortgage. You can even be sued, have a judgement against you and still not go to jail for not paying up.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You don't go to jail for defaulting on your mortgage. You can even be sued, have a judgement against you and still not go to jail for not paying up.

You can and do go to jail if you can't make alimony or child support payment s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You can and do go to jail if you can't make alimony or child support payment s
    Yes, which are not mortgages.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

This is what our prison system needs. Eugenics. Lovely.

To quote a resonant tweet: "Lately it feels like we're having some kind of horrifying national referendum on whether or not Americans believe that human life has value."
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    The crimes yy can be put in for are not being able to pay child support or alimony
    Dont have kids if you cant support them.

The hard truth is simply that not everyone should be allowed to have kids. I dont personally see having kids as a human right at this stage.
    Overpopulation and extremely bad conditions for raising a child should be reasons enough.

Of course you can then argue: What makes one able to deserve being a parent?
    Its not easy, but i rather have such a discussion than having children born into poverty, crime, abuse and other negative influences. Not all lives are worth being born into.

Personally i am reluctant to have kids if: I dont have a stable economy able to support a family, an stable home environment and if i have bad personal habits. I guess you could add: lack of will and drive to mentor and guide your children to a future that you and the child think would make them most happy, as long as it conforms to society (i mean, just because your child wanna become a mass murderer, you probably shouldn't support it for several reasons even if you are a moral nihilist)
    Last edited by mmoc8c93e36b48; 2017-07-24 at 10:21 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Don't tell a girl your name, because she can name you the father and you might be on the hook for child support even if you never slept with her, and isn't the father.
    Also don't get raped, you will be liable for child support payable to your rapist.
    The hard truth is simply that not everyone should be allowed to have kids.
    I agree, all single mother's should have their kids taken from them at birth.
    Because as you might not know, not a single male makes the choice to create a child, That's wholly on the woman (who is never actually jailed for failure to pay child support, Weirdly enough)

Deleted
    Seems close to forced sterilisation, something that is widely condemned.

Of course, put this way it's not actually 'forced' but offering such a benefit is tantamount to it.

Extremely shady, if legal in any way.

Has to be the umpteenth time we have had to tell people who are stubbornly refusing to educate themselves that even "protected" sex has a rather high chance of failure.

And following that, the ironic part is that these very same people are also the ones crying about abortions and the wonders of abstinence.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

The hard truth is simply that not everyone should be allowed to have kids. I dont personally see having kids as a human right at this stage.
    Overpopulation and extremely bad conditions for raising a child should be reasons enough.

Of course you can then argue: What makes one able to deserve being a parent?
    Its not easy, but i rather have such a discussion than having children born into poverty, crime, abuse and other negative influences. Not all lives are worth being born into.

Personally i am reluctant to have kids if: I dont have a stable economy able to support a family, an stable home environment and if i have bad personal habits. I guess you could add: lack of will and drive to mentor and guide your children to a future that you and the child think would make them most happy, as long as it conforms to society (i mean, just because your child wanna become a mass murderer, you probably shouldn't support it for several reasons even if you are a moral nihilist)
    Your argument makes no sense.

"Don't have kids if you can't support them" okay so... jailing people for being unable to support their kids helps how?

Also you're also saying don't ever get married if you can't afford to support your ex years after your marriage ends.

I don't know how to feel about this.

On the one hand, there are some people who reproduce and it is just a disaster. I do believe that there are some people who shouldn't reproduce. If they don't, then god knows how much money gets saved, from benefits to the criminal justice system. Then the suffering that can be avoided, all that crime that won't happen. Not to mention the damage to the children themselves. When I see drug addicts having kids, it breaks my heart. I work with kids, and I see the damage that usually gets caused. And yes, I think with some, they would have been better off if they had never been born, as would society. It is an uncomfortable truth that a great deal of societies ills come from scum/irresponsible people reproducing. If certain people didn't reproduce, it would be a gain for society.

On the other hand, there is a difference between saying "You shouldn't have kids" and "You will not be allowed to have kids", and preventing people from reproducing, no matter how irresponsible they are, doesn't sit right with me. It feels like the slippery slope towards eugenics. Generally, reproduction is a biological imperative, and forcibly denying people this just feels wrong. And we also know, especially in US prisons, not everyone who goes there is some scumbag. There are many factors that can result in someone getting locked up, it isn't as black and white as "They are bad people". And I fail to see how this isn't coercion. There is clearly a price to pay for not going along with it. And people can change. It might not happen often, but they can. Sometimes they can rise to the challenge. Sometimes the kid, born into hellish circumstances, can rise above it.

I'd say on balance, this isn't something that I could support. I get the reasons behind it. They are well intentioned. However we all know that saying about the road to hell and what it is paved with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is mild compared to watching something like Spartacus on STARZ, it was an accident, and no one's visually suffering.

Might even be wise to expose yourself to it so it lessens the chance that if something similar happens in real life you aren't crippled with fear, panic, shock, and may be able to do something.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Don't tell a girl your name, because she can name you the father and you might be on the hook for child support even if you never slept with her, and isn't the father.
    Also don't get raped, you will be liable for child support payable to your rapist.

I agree, all single mother's should have their kids taken from them at birth.
    Because as you might not know, not a single male makes the choice to create a child, That's wholly on the woman (who is never actually jailed for failure to pay child support, Weirdly enough)
    DNA test, also if you get raped you can take an abortion. I dont condone rape, or saying it is their own fault. But it should not be their own choice to keep the child if the chances of a problematic upbringing is already looking high before the child is even born.
    Doesnt matter whose "choice" it is now. I am saying that in my opinion neither should have a choice unless they are qualified. Just like you should not be able to own a firearm unless you got the right license, or be able to pilot a plane without being a pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Has to be the umpteenth time we have had to tell people who are stubbornly refusing to educate themselves that even "protected" sex has a rather high chance of failure.

And following that, the ironic part is that these very same people are also the ones crying about abortions and the wonders of abstinence.
    Dont put words in my mouth, i dont cry about abortions. If your protected sex fails and the women becomes pregnant, she must seek abortion treatment.
    The details like how often you should test yourself if you have an active sex life can always be discussed.

"Don't have kids if you can't support them" okay so... jailing people for being unable to support their kids helps how?

Also you're also saying don't ever get married if you can't afford to support your ex years after your marriage ends.
    Well i was talking in a more general sense, not only child support payments. Also you are free to get married, because you are both two consenting adults with your own lives. The child however is not. The child does not choose when or where it is brought into this world. I think we can agree that children should have the best opportunities for a childhood without big problematic factors which could easily be avoided. Yes?

Dont put words in my mouth, i dont cry about abortions. If your protected sex fails and the women becomes pregnant, she must seek abortion treatment.
    The details like how often you should test yourself if you have an active sex life can always be discussed.
    Right, and you think just because the male wants it the female must go through with it. A totally different world from the one the rest of us happen to live in.

DNA test, also if you get raped you can take an abortion. I dont condone rape, or saying it is their own fault. But it should not be their own choice to keep the child if the chances of a problematic upbringing is already looking high before the child is even born.
    Doesnt matter whose "choice" it is now. I am saying that in my opinion neither should have a choice unless they are qualified. Just like you should not be able to own a firearm unless you got the right license, or be able to pilot a plane without being a pilot.
    Hint: Rape also doesn't just apply to females. Males can get raped as well and if a child happens to be borne out of it the victim still has to pay for child support under the law of most nations.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Deleted

Right, and you think just because the male wants it the female must go through with it. A totally different world from the one the rest of us happen to live in.

Hint: Rape also doesn't just apply to females. Males can get raped as well and if a child happens to be borne out of it the victim still has to pay for child support under the law of most nations.
    You are severely misunderstanding. Neither have the choice unless they are qualified parents. The female shouldn't in my opinion per default have the right to raise a child, not if that child looks to be raised in a difficult environment.

I dont care who rapes who in your scenarios, they child is not allowed to be born without proper authorization.
    If the male was raped and a child was born out of it, it is most likely up to the female to be imprisoned, and then pay back to society for committing a crime and putting it and the child under potential emotional and economic strain.

If the female was raped, the female should have access to free and high quality abortion, and the male should, just like in the previous case, be punished, and then pay back to society.

Under no circumstance are you in my examples allowed to rape anyone, nor have a child born into society unless you are clearly qualified as a parent.

You are severely misunderstanding. Neither have the choice unless they are qualified parents. The female shouldn't in my opinion per default have the right to raise a child, not if that child looks to be raised in a difficult environment.
    What is a "qualified parent"?
    I dont care who rapes who in your scenarios, they child is not allowed to be born without proper authorization.
    What is this "proper authorization" you speak of?
    If the male was raped and a child was born out of it, it is most likely up to the female to be imprisoned, and then pay back to society for committing a crime and putting it and the child under potential emotional and economic strain.
    That's what you want, not how the world works. In many nations, the male still has to pay for child support if the female still wants to keep the baby.

If the female was raped, the female should have access to free and high quality abortion, and the male should, just like in the previous case, be punished, and then pay back to society.
    And in this case, if the female keeps the baby, the male has to pay child support.

Under no circumstance are you in my examples allowed to rape anyone, nor have a child born into society unless you are clearly qualified as a parent.
    Not sure how you managed to come to this conclusion. Your train of thought is very bizarre.

Just a month off? Eh, I guess if it's free that's not a bad idea. Kinda gives me some bad ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Just a month off? Eh, I guess if it's free that's not a bad idea. Kinda gives me some bad ideas.
    Commit a 1 month crime to get a free vasectomy?

Deleted
    What is a "qualified parent"?

What is this "proper authorization" you speak of?

That's what you want, not how the world works. In many nations, the male still has to pay for child support if the female still wants to keep the baby.

And in this case, if the female keeps the baby, the male has to pay child support.

Not sure how you managed to come to this conclusion. Your train of thought is very bizarre.
    You are again misunderstanding. I am merely presenting my personal opinion, i am not saying how the world works, and i dont have a 500 page publishment where every detail is written.

If you actually read my posts you would know i stated that what qualifies a proper parent is another discussion, but one i rather take than let children be born into miserable existences.
    If you cant at least follow my train of thought you are just unable to take a perspective change, and thus you shouldnt really try commenting on my posts, just go along.

"And in this case, if the female keeps the baby, the male has to pay child support. "

Again not in the world i want

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly there should be a full stop to breeding for at least ten years. Not just criminals, but EVERYONE.

Ten years to thin out the population a little and stop the explosive birth rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Well now I know you're not serious. You're not even trying to respond to me or what I've said, especially when you're trying to turn my own words against me. There's no shame in admitting you're wrong, but you just keep on making it worse and worse for yourself and digging yourself even deeper. You've proven nothing. You've argued nothing. I've countered your so-called point and "data" which on black and white even supports MY side of the argument. But since you've most likely not even bothered reading it, since you just googled for something you THOUGHT supported your argument, you won't understand what I'm talking about.
    You've insulted me and you keep insulting me. You're attributing things to me that are personal attacks and tragic attempts at discrediting me as a person because you're incapable of a civilized, mature response.
    At least admit it with some dignity instead of this. Until you can step above petty name-calling and personal attacks, I won't humor you any further.
    on the contrary, im dead serious

but i have no respect for your opinion...it is built on nothing but feelings
    and i am completely aware that you will never change it.