Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    incorrect. They are also shorter and of a thinner build.
    That's what height literally means.

Lore says that they are different.
    I am fairly sure you can provide plenty of sources to support that assertion.

Hysterical. They aren't going to waste effort on the high elves especially on such a weak idea just to make some people feel like high elves even have a chance of becoming playable.

The argument "but they could change it so it works" is not an argument because it is weak and can be used for everything.
    I am sorry, but that's a fallacy. That an argument can be used for everything does not mean it is not an argument. Furthemore, you are still missing the point, this is Blizzard we are speaking of. When they feel like something, they do it, logical or not.

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Lorewise belves and helves look the same except the eyes. It would just feel strange and forced imo.
    No two individuals look the same though. And Blizzard can always come with an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    But you never know with Blizz since they often cave in when people cry loud enough.
    That's ultimately my point. If there's enough demand, Blizzard might find a way to do this, whether some blood elf fans like this or not.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I am fairly sure you can provide plenty of sources to support that assertion.
    Yea, it takes 5 seconds to find it on wowpedia of all places, they shrunk and developed a peach skin hue. They obviously don't look like night elves any more.

I am sorry, but that's a fallacy. That an argument can be used for everything does not mean it is not an argument. Furthemore, you are still missing the point, this is Blizzard we are speaking of. When they feel like something, they do it, logical or not.
    your using the arugment as if it greatly increases the chance for high elves to be playable. Despite blizzard for years saying no.

No two individuals look the same though. And Blizzard can always come with an excuse.
    Again, there is no good reason for High elves to be playable. They offer nothing and are a fragment of the elves that decided not to become blood elves. They already are a playable race in the form of blood elves you have to deal with it.

That's ultimately my point. If there's enough demand, Blizzard might find a way to do this, whether some blood elf fans like this or not.
    "it could happen!!!!" Pink orcs could happen Horde dwarves could happen, and with the same chance too. The high elf boat was sunk back in Burning crusade.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    No two individuals look the same though.
    And Blizzard can always come with an excuse.
    This is true for any race, I mean it's weak argument for making helves playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Demand isn't everything. A company make choices even based on what feels convenient and beneficial from both a technical and marketing standpoint. Just asking fervently about something isn't going to make a guarantee to get what you demand if there are other elements Blizzard has to take in consideration that players do not.

Basing choices like these on "demand" can also be very misleading since the actual weight of the "demand" can be pretty hard to quantify in a way that Blizzard would just say "yes, that's what pretty much everyone wants" because a lot of people want a lot of things, with some simply being more vocal than others. However, being "vocal" does not necessarily mean being many and numbers are what concern someone's business, not the passion of every single individual. In other words, basing a choice over some loud bunch of players isn't definitely the wisest of choices.

From a technical standpoint, High Elves are an absolute waste of time. There's nothing worth doing with them that would catch the interest of players of all kind (lore fans or not) or wouldn't inevitably cause the outrage of people that do not want to be treated like fools, getting a poor excuse of a new race purposely rehashed to be sold as something that it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    From a technical standpoint, High Elves are an absolute waste of time. There's nothing worth doing with them that would catch the interest of players of all kind (lore fans or not) or wouldn't inevitably cause the outrage of people that do not want to be treated like fools, getting a poor excuse of a new race purposely rehashed to be sold as something that it isn't.
    You do realize that those who advocate that the High Elves could (or should, though I am not one of those people) become playable mean so as a sub-race, not a full blown race, right? And traded for the Nightborne on the Horde side. Half the argument you are trying the construct here becomes completely meaningless at that point.

Deleted
    I reckon there's room for a Dark Elf kind of race in the game if I'm honest, altough I know a lot of people are sick of these kinds of discussions.

Every traditional elf is kind of covered in WoW except for Dark Elves, Wood Elves in the form of Night Elves, and then High Elves in the form of... Well, High Elves and Blood Elves who are basically the same at this point, especially after the Sunwell was restored.

And if you were to put them on the Alliance side, and make them kind of ruthless like a lot of traditional Dark Elves are, that could create a lot of tension between the two factions, and possibly make for some interesting storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I reckon there's room for a Dark Elf kind of race in the game if I'm honest, altough I know a lot of people are sick of these kinds of discussions.

Every traditional elf is kind of covered in WoW except for Dark Elves, Wood Elves in the form of Night Elves, and then High Elves in the form of... Well, High Elves and Blood Elves who are basically the same at this point, especially after the Sunwell was restored.

And if you were to put them on the Alliance side, and make them kind of ruthless like a lot of traditional Dark Elves are, that could create a lot of tension between the two factions, and possibly make for some interesting storytelling.
    Night elves are loosely based off of the drow from D&D.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Night elves are loosely based off of the drow from D&D.
    Yeah, and their appearance definitely reflects that, but their culture is more akin to wood elves, no?

7+ Year Old Account

The point? They can do whatever the hell they want if they choose to do it.
    like they can resurrect Garrosh to blow up the alliance with mana bombs, then the only playable faction will horde and the scourge, cause everyone died and thrall become the new lichking?

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    Yeah, and their appearance definitely reflects that, but their culture is more akin to wood elves, no?
    Correct.

It'd probably be more likely that we get this archetype from a different race, at this point, considering how many varieties exist in-game. I mean, we've got the Kaldorei (including Highborne), Shal'dorei (including Nightfallen & Fal'dorei), Quel'dorei, Sin'dorei and perhaps the Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Because it's like a broken record. It's very obvious the only reason Alliance wants High Elves is because they like the look of Blood Elves, but they don't want to play Horde. Tough shit.
    No, Alliance players want high elves because they are an Alliance race since 1995. Some people wanted to play as high elves since WoW was announced. High elves in the Alliance predate blood elves in the Horde by many years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    No, Alliance players want high elves because they are an Alliance race since 1995. Some people wanted to play as high elves since WoW was announced. High elves in the Alliance predate blood elves in the Horde by many years.
    most of then rename themselves and leave the alliance, ffs you guys act like they are totally different things

people who wanted play high already have the chance, they are playable, but with other name

they just don't want roll a horde character, and if i need to roll a alliance to play worgen people can do the same

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    most of then rename themselves and leave the alliance, ffs you guys act like they are totally different things

people who wanted play high already have the chance, they are playable, but with other name

they just don't want roll a horde character, and if i need to roll a alliance to play worgen people can do the same
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Weeeeell, guess what, Blizzard introduced them after they made the transition to Blood Elves. It would make it silly to say, "Oh, hey, these High Elves have been in hiding all this time! They're here to rejoin the Alliance now!"

I'm aware of how the High Elves became Blood Elves.

Because they were formerly an Alliance race doesn't make it any more logical to have them now. The fact that they USED to be Alliance even solidifies why they shouldn't be available now even more.
    Just because Blizzard gave an Alliance race to the Horde doesn't mean all those people that wanted to play that race will just shut up and be happy about that. There's a reason threads like this keep popping up even after a decade, and it's not just "Alliance like their appearance".

Just because Blizzard gave an Alliance race to the Horde doesn't mean all those people that wanted to play that race will just shut up and be happy about that. There's a reason threads like this keep popping up even after a decade, and it's not just "Alliance like their appearance".
    If blizz hadn't for whatever reason decided to put a somewhat sizable high elf population into WoW, despite the fact that the race pretty much cut ties with the Alliance during TfT we wouldn't be having this mess.

7+ Year Old Account
    shit happens, life continues

many wrong things happened in wow lore we just accept and move on

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    If blizz hadn't for whatever reason decided to put a somewhat sizable high elf population into WoW, despite the fact that the race pretty much cut ties with Alliance during TfT we wouldn't be having this mess.
    That I agree. This would've ended if Blizzard just made all high elves go Horde or me murdered during TBC. But instead they kept hammering the high elves, they had plot roles, ranging from minor to major) in every expansion except WoD.

I'm expecting sub-races to be a thing next expansion, there's been hints for quite some time that Blizzard will give us major customization options soon, and they knw people want sub-races. And I predict high elves will be in the Alliance. And the Horde will get nightborne, created for that trade-off, and maybe even human-looking Forsaken. And, after the initial outcry, everyone will settle down and we will never have threads like this again (we will get plenty of "ogres in the Horde please", thought).

True, there's also "Alliance can't deal with loss and/or reality". Ogres have been aligned with the Horde since W1 and 1994 as opposed to High Elves' W2 appearance in 95 and they aren't playable at all, on either side. And yet, for some completely inexplicable reason, you don't see nearly as many "where are muh Ogres QQQQQQ" threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

To be honest, I am a little resistant to having another playable elf race (I do want half-elves, but that's different).

Personally, I think the Alliance should either get vrykul or furbolgs and Horde should either get ogres or tuskarr. Vrykul blend in relatively well with the humans, dwarves and gnomes, while furbolgs blend in pretty well with night elves and even worgen.

Ogres are an iconic Horde race and tuskarr blend in pretty well with orcs, tauren and trolls as a shamanistic, semi-tribal race.

As long as Alliance High Elves get more lore than playable Alliance races, people will want them to be playable.

The point? They can do whatever the hell they want if they choose to do it. They can easily say that cultural differences made the High Elves use different hairstyles, beards, combat techniques, and stances, and you won't be able to do a single thing about it.
    "Blizzard can do whatever they want" is such a meaningless argument. Yes, it's their game. Technically they can retcon Sargeras into a pink rabbit that moves like the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Tunes while singing Macarena. Doesn't mean they'll do it. And what different techniques and stances? Silver Covenant has ranks modeled after Quel'thalas' military, same goes for Quel'Danil Lodge. They use the same weapons, they use the same siege engines, they use some of the same mounts. Something tells me their military didn't exactly evolve into something different.

Lore says that they are different.
    Something something but Chronicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Basing choices like these on "demand" can also be very misleading since the actual weight of the "demand" can be pretty hard to quantify in a way that Blizzard would just say "yes, that's what pretty much everyone wants" because a lot of people want a lot of things, with some simply being more vocal than others. However, being "vocal" does not necessarily mean being many and numbers are what concern someone's business, not the passion of every single individual. In other words, basing a choice over some loud bunch of players isn't definitely the wisest of choices.
    Besides, there's vocal, and there's the part where Blood Elves in the Horde fixed faction population imbalance. Subset of Alliance players is also vocal about losing zones in Cata (and how Blizzard hates them and secretely fucks them in their sleep). But that fixed zone imbalance, so as vocal as they may be, it's not going to be changed back (even ignoring Blizzard's unwillingness to redo the old world again).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.