Poll: Would buy and play this "leaked" expansion if it ends up being true?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    "Rise of the Naga Empire"

Blizzard may not be perfect, but they can at least come up with better names than that.

Deleted
    Oh look another south seas expansion leak...

This is worse thought out than 50% of of making our own ideas about the expansion. Amazing how all the leaks started right after we saw kul tiras armor...

I would love to be a playable naga but i don't see it happening .

I am how ever very excited to see what the new expansion will be .

Quote Originally Posted by KronosIII View Post
    Oh look another south seas expansion leak...

This is worse thought out than 50% of of making our own ideas about the expansion. Amazing how all the leaks started right after we saw kul tiras armor...
    You realize this thread was started months before the kul tiras armor datamining, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    they can ride mounts perfectly fine
    tauren, draeni, and trolls seem to be fine without "boots"
    limits classes?
    we have seen warriors, mages, warlock, shaman, hunter, rogue, we could also see druid, that would be fun (druid of the scale) with all sorts of fishy/lizard versions of the forms
    Hunter? Nope. Shooting arrows underwater is retarded. I know you can do that in Vash'ir but it's still retarded. No Rogues either. Naga can't kick. And even if they get this list it sounds pretty limited.

And where did you get the idea that they can rude mounts perfectly fine? They don't have mounted animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Volendrung View Post
    "Rise of the Naga Empire"

Blizzard may not be perfect, but they can at least come up with better names than that.

*cough* World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor.

Seriously the reason why I suppoorted The Dark Below instead of WoD when all we had was a name and neither was confirmed is because I figured this War of Wars on planet war of wards aggghhh, title is too stupid for Blizz to use.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-07-25 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    You realize this thread was started months before the kul tiras armor datamining, right?
    Well, we're leaking South Sea expansions since Cataclysm so...

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Hunter? Nope. Shooting arrows underwater is retarded. I know you can do that in Vash'ir but it's still retarded. No Rogues either. Naga can't kick. And even if they get this list it sounds pretty limited.
    Mages, Warlocks, Priests, Rogues, Shamans, Hunters, Warriors.
    That's the same number as Pandaren:
    Mages, Monks, Priests, Rogues, Shamans, Hunters, Warriors.

Kick is a pretty silly reason for Naga to not be rogues, they are fairly ambush-y and you would not want to get hit with a swinging tail.

And where did you get the idea that they can rude mounts perfectly fine? They don't have mounted animations.

*cough* World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor.

Seriously the reason why I suppoorted The Dark Below instead of WoD when all we had was a name and neither was confirmed is because I figured this War of Wars on planet war of wards aggghhh, title is too stupid for Blizz to use.
    You know Lady Vashj uses a bow…

Leak?

More like another fanboy trolls the WoW reddit.

If anything I'd be keeping a keen eye out on the trademark registries etc.
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Mages, Warlocks, Priests, Rogues, Shamans, Hunters, Warriors.
    That's the same number as Pandaren:
    Mages, Monks, Priests, Rogues, Shamans, Hunters, Warriors.

Yes and it sucks for Pandaren as well. Why repeat a mistake?

Kick is a pretty silly reason for Naga to not be rogues, they are fairly ambush-y and you would not want to get hit with a swinging tail.
    And I assume it wouldn't look super retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post
    You know Lady Vashj uses a bow…
    I know but if you bother to think about it a bow is among the least practical weapons you can use if you live 90% of your life underwater.

And I assume it wouldn't look super retarded.

I know but if you bother to think about it a bow is among the least practical weapons you can use if you live 90% of your life underwater.
    If the lady finds a bow is useless, she wouldn't equip a bow. Perhaps for naga bow is finest weapon

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you guys want Naga and I know you'll make up a million excuses and post pictures of idiotic fan art to justify them but unless there are some less Snake-like Naga who rejected the gifts of the old gods and still have bipedal forms hidden on some island you aren't getting them as a playable race. No legs no playable race.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Hunter? Nope. Shooting arrows underwater is retarded.
    The entire concept of the "naga sea witch" class from WC3 is based around naga huntresses shooting frost and lightning from bows... not to mention the naga were night elves for thousands of years worth of cultivated hunting experience, which is to say nothing of the spear fighting they often incorporate with nets which is reminiscent of survival hunters.

No Rogues either. Naga can't kick.
    A snake slithering silently through the grass, striking quickly and killing it's foe with poison is about as close a literal translation to the rogue class as you can get (saying nothing for the cinematic representation we had of naga when they were being summoned by Illidan demonstrated that they were primarily silent killers besides). There's no reason the tail couldn't mimic a "kick" by either slamming their tail into a person's side or coiling it back and then springing it out into their chest to perform a similar motion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Metzen said years ago that he thought it was cool to entertain the idea of making Naga playable someday and that them not having legs wouldn't be a deal breaker because they could come up with some workaround. That doesn't confirm that Naga -will- be playable; however, it does confirm that at some point the devs believed that Naga -could- be made playable.

The fact of the matter is that Blizzard could make whatever they want work. People said we would "never" see playable worgen, pandaren, demons, and demon hunters. Whatever Blizzard chooses to be a race, will work as a race. Whether or not you want to critique the lore justifications for it is another story.
    I'm telling you now. No biped no go. Blizzard are retcon masters though and you might get your tribe of Naga who in order to become the "neutral race" got their legs back and are more humanoid. Reptilian people would look great though as bipeds works fantastic in other fantasy genres.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    The entire concept of the "naga sea witch" class from WC3 is based around naga huntresses shooting frost and lightning from bows... not to mention the naga were night elves for thousands of years worth of cultivated hunting experience, which is to say nothing of the spear fighting they often incorporate with nets which is reminiscent of survival hunters.

Yes, and after that they spent 10 thousand years on the ocean floor. Oh well. WoW never shied away from retarded stuff.

A snake slithering silently through the grass, striking quickly and killing it's foe with poison is about as close a literal translation to the rogue class as you can get (saying nothing for the cinematic representation we had of naga when they were being summoned by Illidan demonstrated that they were primarily silent killers besides). There's no reason the tail couldn't mimic a "kick" by either slamming their tail into a person's side or coiling it back and then springing it out into their chest to perform a similar motion.
    You do know that the wow engine is pretty old. I would say it looked impressive 10 years ago, but even that is not true. Don't ask complex acrobatics from this engine. It won't look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I'm telling you now. No biped no go. Blizzard are retcon masters though and you might get your tribe of Naga who in order to become the "neutral race" got their legs back and are more humanoid. Reptilian people would look great though as bipeds works fantastic in other fantasy genres.
    And again, nobody would want to play "naga with legs". If they want to add a water lizard with legs, just add Jinyu. Naga are snakes. They stop being Naga if they get legs.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-07-25 at 09:57 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like yes. We like Nagas. They heard us last year. It's a nice filler in the big story. I bet this is legit.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

I would play Naga with legs; though I would prefer the traditional Naga.

I actually used to hate the idea of playable Naga until that one chain in Cata where you play as one in those visions of the past. Been crossing my fingers for Naga (in some form) ever since.

- - - Updated - - -

The leak is kind of just combining what people want from a South Seas expansion, a long-requested playable race which ties in with it, and the next most requested class behind Demon Hunter.

While it might not be incorrect (and could very well be true), the fact that it's capable of guessing the theme of the next expansion doesn't prove much.
    Would be funny if they retconned it and made naga transform, like Worgen. But in all seriousness, playable naga would be great.
    Last edited by effs; 2017-07-25 at 10:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not disagreeing with the notion that a lack of two legs makes Naga a challenge. I'm just saying that Blizzard will do whatever they choose to do and they'll make it work however they choose to do so. To say that they -can't- do something based upon a gameplay hurdle that they have said on record they are capable of overcoming is silly.
    Can't isn't what I'm saying. Won't is. There are times we have to come to realization that what we want and what's going to happen are not one in the same. I wanted High Elves to be an Alliance race. I lamented them being given to the Horde to balance the populations. I got over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The transformation would be a sloppy fix lorewise, but seems like the most likely thing they would do. It wouldn't even have to be a retcon; the starting area could be entirely done as regular naga ending with you gaining the ability to transform around level 10-12.

Although, they would still have to be sea-elves or something in their transformed form, which opens up a whole world of possibilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless of if we get a new race next expansion, subraces seem likely. If we were ever to get High Elves on Alliance, that seems like the most likely time for it. You still have a chance.
    Half Elves maybe I don't think that's happening but it's a far more likely scenario than a neutral race again and a non-bipedal race. I'm just looking at this from a point of view beyond my personal desire.

...and the next most requested class behind Demon Hunter.
    lol what? Tinker as the next most requested class behind DH? Maybe from 200 guys on mmo-champion.